test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Feedback Needed: Top Issues Currently in Neverwinter PC

Comments

• cushparlcushparl Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 19 Arc User
    zebular wrote: »

I ask, nay I beg, please give the Foundry the funding and attention it deserves as was conveyed early on that it would be a cornerstone of the game itself.

Seconded.

Without the Foundry, this game is just another Fantasy-MMO. It is the one thing that keeps me here. Yet it seems to gain zero attention. There are many annoying bugs in the editor, that we learned to work around. But some of the more "recent" ones juist make it a pain to use (e.g.Messed UI if too many assets on map, teleporters break 3D-preview-mode , to name two of the worst ones). Noone seems to care. "Foundry" did not get mentioned in any patchnotes for several months now (and when it was mentioned, long ago, it usually was about more restrictions). This is what drives authors - and anyone who plays this game for the Foundry - away.
    I don't ask for everything to fixed in an instant. What I do ask for is a minimum level of basic maintainance.

However, even once the editor is useable again, the Foundry would still lack proper integration into the game. Catalogue and reward system need updates. Probably almost every possible suggestion about that has already been posted in these forums. I just wonder: Star Trek Online, that is based on the same engine, already has an improved reward system. Why can´t we get at least that? It would really help a lot.

I am aware that the Foundry-Community is only a tiny minority and most players just don´t care. However, a functional an rewarding UGC-System would help with many of the other issues as well, especially lack of content, diversity, and story.

Guess it is obivious: English isn´t my first language. I apologize for the inevitable lot of mistakes.
  • hristu1111hristu1111 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    I haven't play for one year, cuz I had to study for my highschool fianls, so I can go to the university. Now I came back happy to play with my favorite class the paladin, and so a lot of changes.

First, I want back the old dungeons like the Clock tower or Blackdagger's end.
    Secound, bring back the 5 players party dungeons, it was better that way, and nicer, cuz you could have a lot more posibilities, 3dps-1tank-1 healer or 2 dps 2 tanks and 1 healer or 2 dps 1 tank and 2 healers.
    Third, I think the xp on event quests is to big, and it can intervene with your level and can ruin your dungeon or other things like that. For exemple when it was the double xp weekend one year ago, I got my GWF a high level that the quests in the icepire peek were not showing nether on the map, or above theyer head. you had tospeak with them to get them.
    Forth, the mounts are to slow, maybe make missions at diffrent level to upgrade theyer speed.
    Fifth, make events that bring back old events, like when the cult od the dragon attacks Neverwinter, or Valindra attacks Neverwinter, I know they were in the past modules but for new pkayers or for new characters it will be good, cuxz they can get aswome things.
    And the last request is that you add and agliment system, and maybe more clases, and make some clases restricted for some races, for exemple Paladins only for humans, I think this will be better, I played a lot of dungeons of dragons game, like Baldur's gate, Neverwinter night's or Icewind dale.

P.S. I like that you bringed Minsc into the game, but where is Boo? I will say this just because I like it: "Run for the eyes Boo, run for the eyes, run!!!!!!!
    P.S 2, sorry for bad english
    > @hristu1111 said:
    > I haven't play for one year, cuz I had to study for my highschool fianls, so I can go to the university. Now I came back happy to play with my favorite class the paladin, and so a lot of changes.
    >
    > First, I want back the old dungeons like the Clock tower or Blackdagger's end.
    > Secound, bring back the 5 players party dungeons, it was better that way, and nicer, cuz you could have a lot more posibilities, 3dps-1tank-1 healer or 2 dps 2 tanks and 1 healer or 2 dps 1 tank and 2 healers.
    > Third, I think the xp on event quests is to big, and it can intervene with your level and can ruin your dungeon or other things like that. For exemple when it was the double xp weekend one year ago, I got my GWF a high level that the quests in the icepire peek were not showing nether on the map, or above theyer head. you had tospeak with them to get them.
    > Forth, the mounts are to slow, maybe make missions at diffrent level to upgrade theyer speed.
    > Fifth, make events that bring back old events, like when the cult od the dragon attacks Neverwinter, or Valindra attacks Neverwinter, I know they were in the past modules but for new pkayers or for new characters it will be good, cuxz they can get aswome things.
    > And the last request is that you add and agliment system, and maybe more clases, and make some clases restricted for some races, for exemple Paladins only for humans, I think this will be better, I played a lot of dungeons of dragons game, like Baldur's gate, Neverwinter night's or Icewind dale.
    >
    > P.S. I like that you bringed Minsc into the game, but where is Boo? I will say this just because I like it: "Run for the eyes Boo, run for the eyes, run!!!!!!!
    > P.S 2, sorry for bad english

I forggot to mention, add more emotes or at least better animation, for exemple when you emote sleep don;t sleep on you legs, sleep on the ground and make them work like this "/sleep or /point" oh and add voice to some of them like /laugh or /charge
  • alleykatealleykate Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    My top 3

1. Make potions worthwile again...healing potions barely heal and the cooldown is too long and using only one other of the potions at a time just clogs the inventory.

2. Fix mob difficulty Well of dragon, IWD and dungeons....been said way many times before this..so the average geared player can have fun again (so over the one shots with potions that do nothing)

3. Bring back the other dungeons and get rid of the level up or level down thing in areas..too weird

Thanks
    Guild - Fair Dinkum 2.0
    Part of Team Tredecim of the Cloaks Alliance website
    https://cloakalliance.wordpress.com/
  • anraeeanraee Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    > @zebular said:
    > For me, the most important things are the accuracy and delivery of "Realms Lore" and the viability of the Foundry. The prior of which this game satisfies me greatly. The latter however, I am left feeling neglected and abandoned.
    >
    > Specific Systems - The Foundry:
    > This was marketed as a selling point for the game yet after a few months into release, the Foundry has become more and more neglected and seemingly ignored. There are countless bugs that have been compiled and reported many times over, yet we see very little attention placed on the Foundry in regard to both bug fixing and making the system better over-all. A thread was made to gain feedback and in that regard, it has worked perfectly. Alas, we have seen no signs that any of that feedback as been taken into consideration.
    >
    > There is no real reason for players to do quality foundry missions or even make them. The player rewards are worthless and only short 15-minute quests are considered for the daily. The authoring rewards are nice but are dampened for those who want to make longer quality missions due to the only real player rewards come from doing quick 15 minute missions for the daily.
    >
    > This means players who make longer and very detailed quests are being stuck in the shadow of lesser quality and quicker missions. There is no incentive to do actually quality foundry content or missions longer than 15 minutes.
    >
    > I ask, nay I beg, please give the Foundry the funding and attention it deserves as was conveyed early on that it would be a cornerstone of the game itself. If you're looking for a real money maker, you have it already: The Foundry. You just need to finish what you started with it.
    >
    > Thank you for your time.

THIS!!!!

I don't understand why the foundry is negleted the way it is. It is one of the most important parts of the game and one of the most fun ones also.
    Players sacrifice their time to provide creative content for other players. FOR FREE! So why do you neglet that and even punish all the creative authors with neglect and countless bugs? It just makes no sense. So PLEASE, pay attention to the foundry again!
  • argroschargrosch Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    There were already tons of feedback regarding to the Foundry. Some of them would need some time but there were also some things, that would be done quickly. Changing the rewards would be one of them (and rewards are still one of the main problems of the Foundry). So why aren´t they doing anything to improve it?

Post edited by lewstelamon01 on

RIP Foundry

• anraeeanraee Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Ah, doublepost, nvm.
  • maegmaagmaegmaag Member Posts: 332 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    • Lack of single dedicated game Developer/Coder, who actually playtest and work on/push the fixes and improvements.
    • Lack of single dedicated foundry Developer/Coder, who actually playtest and work on/push the fixes and improvements.
    • Substituting the other two issues for "PR", expecting the playerbase to repeat themselves for years again and again. Guess it can all be summarized as "Bad Management Problem", but who cares as long as it "yields" right.
    dAuGVxU.png
    A bit nosy NW-DKG7E99X6
    "Hardcore" exploration journey and dungeon crawl. Read its description prior to trying it.
  • denvalddenvald Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 702 Arc User
    For me, the most important things are the accuracy and delivery of "Realms Lore" and the viability of the Foundry. The prior of which this game satisfies me greatly. The latter however, I am left feeling neglected and abandoned.

Specific Systems - The Foundry:
    This was marketed as a selling point for the game yet after a few months into release, the Foundry has become more and more neglected and seemingly ignored. There are countless bugs that have been compiled and reported many times over, yet we see very little attention placed on the Foundry in regard to both bug fixing and making the system better over-all. A thread was made to gain feedback and in that regard, it has worked perfectly. Alas, we have seen no signs that any of that feedback as been taken into consideration.

There is no real reason for players to do quality foundry missions or even make them. The player rewards are worthless and only short 15-minute quests are considered for the daily. The authoring rewards are nice but are dampened for those who want to make longer quality missions due to the only real player rewards come from doing quick 15 minute missions for the daily.

This means players who make longer and very detailed quests are being stuck in the shadow of lesser quality and quicker missions. There is no incentive to do actually quality foundry content or missions longer than 15 minutes.

I ask, nay I beg, please give the Foundry the funding and attention it deserves as was conveyed early on that it would be a cornerstone of the game itself. If you're looking for a real money maker, you have it already: The Foundry. You just need to finish what you started with it.

Thank you for your time.

+10
    I am the monk, martial skill transcends the battlefield
    It is my my life style, my doctrine and my state of mind,
    You fight well, but without focus and discipline, you will fall.

More threads by me / Click on it B)
    My Support Warlock/Temptation Thread
  • lwedarlwedar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 790 Arc User
    Great posts. I think it is clear to see the important issues. Here are mine:

1. Nerf/buff with a scalpel not a sledgehammer. To many times we have seen builds/gear completed rendered worthless by a nerf. Everyone would appreciate if things were fine tuned instead of jacked up. IE 5-10% changes not 50-80% changes of effectiveness. Give us more time to test and to be honest you only really see the true effect once it goes on live server.

2. Remember roles when you make balance changes. If a TR is suppose to do damage, then having the class do 50% of the damage of GWF means it won't be going to do 5 man content. Just an example but all dps classes should be on par, healing same, tanking same. You don't see many GWFs getting asked to tank dung though many want to build a tanky GWF.

3. PVP, tenacity needs to be applied to all players in pvp evenly. Making two separate sets of gear is killing popularity. If anything just make tenacity a stat you can add to regular gear through glory or something.

4. Duel specing. As a TR I can choose to build for a viable pvp match or to do damage in a dung but not both. Not an issue before because PvE was too easy.

5. When balancing, considering tweaking rather than changing entirely how abilities/feats work. This one is related to #1

"we all love this game and want it to thrive"
  • reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    It worries me to see one of these topics again where they ask us players for our general opinion on what to fix. I mean it's a good thing you ask for our opinion on it but seeing this topic once again makes me think the devs don't know what do do very well...

My main problem with the game now (and the reason I haven't played in weeks) is that the game has become a grinding/refining simulator. I play a DnD game because I want to see a great world, and great stories in it. not to play a faceboook game. Grinding and refining has been using as the way to slow progress in players so that we don't get bored fast but it's really really tedious and unrewarding. I know no one forces us to refine our stuff to legendary( I actually stop at epic btw) but sadly if you don't you're at great disadvantage with players that have done it (the whales and people who got their bis equipment at first when it was way weay easier.

there are many people who are interested in stories and lore, those are important elements in DnD games, why in here they have been mostly ignored?Give us quests with a purpose, give us interesting zones with lore, the elemental evil quests are the most disgustingly boring quests I've done in MMOs in years.

Also, the most important part, you have the option to make things much much better with just one change: the foundry.
    you have the chance to give us players who care about stories and lore an endless world of content, but with each new module youy ignore all the complaints and petitions we authors have been given for years and the foundry is at the moment nothing more than a random sidegame that most people don't play because unless you ONLY care about story and lore, there is nothing in it for us.

If you would simply better the rewards in the foundry, and let us handle more stuff instead of keep on limiting our possibilities because of possible exploitaton instead of figuring a way to not allow it (hint: equipment or items that only work in the foundry or cosmetic items that don't affect gameplay), then we could create much more fun quests and interesting content for others to play.

In short: less grinding and refining as a way to slow down players, there are much more options to do so without it being absolutely boring for everyone; and please please please please please rework the foundry into something better. it's one of the TOP things that were mentioned when the game first started, and now it's in a pitiful state.

Less grinding/refine facebok game, more story/lore/exploration/foundry is a much more fun game.
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • skalt112skalt112 Member Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    So I figured ok...they want us to branch out. I played 4 pvp matches ...won all of them and netted a wopping 2% exp toward 70 from 69. Just admit it devs , you want us to buy exp tokens. don't pretend... be human.
  • zachariah92zachariah92 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Yeah, I'll write it, so any dev can understand it.

1-. Fix the many bugs of the foundry.
    Top priority:
    * Teleporters ends all the remaining objectives when used.
    * Party groups split in different maps when you load the next map.

2-. Delete the farm/exploitative foundry quests that flood the catalog and are being reported. One at a time is fine.

3-. Go 1.

Some thoughts:

Do you realize how much it HURTS to an author that you broke his quest where he put a lot of hours? Did you ever think about that?

What would you say to an artist after you break his painting?

Do you realize how much dissapointing is to go to a foundry with a friend, and be splitted in different instances when you load the next map?

Do you imagine if this happens to one of your "official" dungeons? What will your boss do to you? How do you explain to your boss that the groups are splitted in different instances in an "official" dungeon? What would you say to him? No one cares?

Why without any warning or notice, some of the foundry objects suffers from loss of textures? example: Empty Chest.

Are you aware of the existance of the foundry at all?
    NW - DD69G42V2 - The Stolen Dragon Egg
    NWS - DPVINV31F - La Corona de la Sombra
    NW - DTKMPU3RQ - Contest: Portal - The Forgotten
    NW-DRTBVIVMU - Drowned Shore: Disembark #DS#
  • valcontar73valcontar73 Member Posts: 337 Arc User
    Yeah, I'll write it, so any dev can understand it.
    1-. Fix the many bugs of the foundry.
    Top priority:
    * Teleporters ends all the remaining objectives when used.
    * Party groups split in different maps when you load the next map.

2-. Delete the farm/exploitative foundry quests that flood the catalog and are being reported. One at a time is fine.

3-. Go 1.
    Some thoughts:
    Do you realize how much it HURTS to an author that you broke his quest where he put a lot of hours? Did you ever think about that?

What would you say to an artist after you break his painting?

Do you realize how much dissapointing is to go to a foundry with a friend, and be splitted in different instances when you load the next map?

Do you imagine if this happens to one of your "official" dungeons? What will your boss do to you? How do you explain to your boss that the groups are splitted in different instances in an "official" dungeon? What would you say to him? No one cares?

Why without any warning or notice, some of the foundry objects suffers from loss of textures? example: Empty Chest.
    Are you aware of the existance of the foundry at all?

100% Agree!

NWS-DLXTNXRF2 - Angeline von Stein
    NWS-DOVA9JIJV - The Lost Seneschal
    NW-DT3221YUY - The Wildcross Bride

Foundry Grand Master.
  • torontodavetorontodave Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 992 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    +10,000 to "Foundry Love"

User generated content is the big money maker. (See: Youtube, Minecraft, Skyrim)

MAKE REWARDS FOR PLAYING AND AUTHORING THE FOUNDRY WORTHWHILE AND VIABLE.

People say they "arent having fun anymore" .. just READ THE REVIEWS ON MY QUEST. 85% of them are "THIS WAS SO MUCH FUN" .. It's why my very first authoring attempt was featured. =P (Also @strumslinger @panderus @badbotlimit @gentlemancrush NONE of you have played it yet. =P)

I've heard from devs before that "the problem with the foundry is its easily exploitable" .. Yes, In its current state. But steps can be taken to fix it

- Give rewards to 15min+ ("Eligible") UNPLAYED foundry quests. No one will "farm" the same quest if it doesnt give a reward. It will encourage people to discover and stumble upon great foundry quests if they have to play 'unplayed' ones for rewards.
    - Make the 'Featured' quests always-rewarding. These ones people can re-play and always get a reward. Maybe even a 'greater' reward because they're playing CM-cleared content

- Add a 3piece artifact set that only drops in Featured Foundry quests. Make it a higher chance % at 30min, and 60min intervals for 'unplayed' long quests (incentive for longer quests)
    -
    - Now that Strongholds will be eating all our currency, give some currency to foundry?

- Ban authors who publish 'farm' or 'achievement quests' or 'fast review' quests from publishing, and erase those maps. Constant vigilance will be required here. Let's make the Foundry a viable community =P Right now the ratings system is toxic, I've heard of legitimate quests being voted down by those 'fast review' authors, so that the fast review quests stay on top. =X Bad form.

Also a tooltip upgrade would be nice.. if they could reflect REAL values.
    Post edited by torontodave on
    NW-DSQ39N5SJ - 'To Infinity, and BEYOND!' - Spelljammer Quest. Skyships, Indiana Jones moments
    NW-DC9R4J5EH - 'The Black Pearl' - Spelljammer! Phlo Riders and Space Orcs
    Thanks for all the fish.
  • mfgamesysmfgamesys Member Posts: 462 Arc User
    A Couple of my concerns

Balance- Guardian Fighter damage is too high currently this comes from a possible over buff on damage and itf needing to stay at 75% of DR as a damage boost(this is mostly due to the fact that bull charge and lunging strike boost dr by 50% add negation and you are a dr cap everytime in combat, which gives you an 80% damage boost). I would suggest a drop of 10-15% in damage for at-wills/encounters/dailies (not weapon damage to nerf jagged blades in the process) and making the rank 4 of itf only give a boost of 75% of dr as bonus damage.

Bug- Whenever jagged blades feat(GF conqueror tier 3 feat) is applied to a GWF who is using the countless scars feat (GWF sentinal tier 3 feat) it causes a proc loop that lasts the entire duration of jagged blades causing massive lag for the whole instance.

Main-Lothor Syralth Guardian Fighter
  • iandarkswordiandarksword Member Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    F...O...U...N...D...R...Y
    There's been more than enough posts about how to address the ways the editor, plus updated implementation of rewards for quests and achievements, can be improved. These folks (see: Eldarth) are far more educated on the technical aspects of the editor than myself. Please listen to their feedback and technical suggestions. Fix it! (Give us up-to-date encounters, assets, and costumes while you're at it!)
    Grind...
    For brand new players, the curve is too steep, far too steep; and the gap between new and established players is wider than ever before. Exponential doesn't even begin to describe it. People give up before they've even begun to improve their character to competitive levels, and lose desire to advance far quicker than new players can be attracted. The currency requirements to upgrade many facets are far too time consuming, (again, exponential) for what could be considered "casual" players. There is more feedback on this issue everywhere, on the Forums, and on Social Media.
    Difficulty...
    Minions (goblins, kobolds, creatures with STR scores of less than 6) can kill a well geared player with an un-telegraphed swing, one...swing... However, a well telegraphed, red-warned bash by a boss or elite level creature is surprisingly survivable. Backwards a little, this thinking may be...
    "I don't know, I'm making it up as I go..."
    Featured Foundry Quest: Whispers of an Ancient Evil [v3] - NW-DQ4WKW6ZG
    Foundry Quest: Harper Chronicles: Blacklake - NW-DCPA4W2Q5
  • melindenmelinden Member Posts: 619 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    The Foundry
    Specific Systems - The Foundry:
    This was marketed as a selling point for the game yet after a few months into release, the Foundry has become more and more neglected and seemingly ignored. There are countless bugs that have been compiled and reported many times over, yet we see very little attention placed on the Foundry in regard to both bug fixing and making the system better over-all. A thread was made to gain feedback and in that regard, it has worked perfectly. Alas, we have seen no signs that any of that feedback as been taken into consideration.

Everything Zebular said is correct. There are many talented players who have and are willing to continue volunteering hundreds of hours toward creating content for Neverwinter.

I’ll simply reiterate that the bugs have been reported multiple times and are in one place and the same is true of requested features. We have strong community leadership from Zebular and Eldarth and we hope their voices are trusted by the devs. We certainly trust them.

In short we have everything to provide free labor to Cryptic, a solution to bored players, and more content than anyone could imagine BUT we don’t have the tools to do so.

We’ve already lost some great Authors and those that remain haven’t been producing as much. Fewer new Authors are joining us. Bug fixes and better tools would go a long way to fix this depressing trend.

@DoctorBadger
    Find me in game with @DoctorBadger
    (Un)Academic Field Work Foundry Campaign: NWS-DAPZB2CTZ
  • azlanfoxazlanfox Member Posts: 436 Arc User
    I concur with this. (based on original quote of ayroux)
    magenubbie wrote: »
    Here is my echo. I added a few suggestions in italic.

3) Separate PVE and PVP skills
    4) New dungeons are worthless, old dungeons were better when you could sell items, giving a point to farming them
    5) Players want THREE viable trees for each character rather than just one that is hands down better than the rest (Example: Sentinel/Instigator/Destroyer - Sentinel and Instigator are worthless paths, ALL should be made viable).
    7) "Fix ranking system, ELO is not working". To elaborate on that: ELO is working, but it's not a fitting system for this game due to lack of players. A much better alternative would be to use 2 values to sort a player into groups: average enchantment level and average gear level (just a value for no tier, T1 and T2, or total tenacity if you prefer). Those values combined with your "uncertainty value" will give you a much better matching system. Also, add an option for groups to challenge eachother directly. This ensure that the normal PuG queue doesn't end up being frustrated by BiS players and vise versa.
    11) Paragon for the SW/HR are broken - mainly due to regen and lifesteal changes that seemed to be based on previous versions of HP in mind.
    12) Need more "open world" activities for players past 70.
    13) Shouldnt feel like I have to group up in order to do daily quests. bring back some guidance to new players or restrict campaign areas like you used to. Fresh lvl70s have no business in, for example, WoD and IWD. The lack of guidance only causes frustration across the board. Direct them as they are used to being directed and don't drop everything on their heads at once.
    14) It takes too many refinement points to rank artifact equipment up to purple, which is what people feel is required to play the game's content. The fact everything above that gets harder to obtain is logical.
    15) Rank 7 enchants should offer more than just 10 points over rank 6 enchants.
    19) A large wall has divided the old players against the newer players. Changes in the future need to be aimed at catching more players up, not increasing the divide.
    23) Increased communication from the DEV team to the players. (Specifically, regular updates acknowledging player concerns and there is a plan to address them)
    24) "Say NO to unrealistic goals of the company" - Module 6 was rushed, had to be pushed back, and was released worse than many Alpha builds we have seen.
    25) Dont ask players for feedback on a test server if most of it is ignored. (Many of the issues with module 6 were brought up on the forums. An example is the Paladin class that still has issues with something brought up day 1 of the PTR).
    28) Campaign zones level needs to be lowered by 1 level to make them easier to do.
    29) Foundry was a huge selling point of the game and has been severely neglected. There was a thread created about the foundry that gave great feedback and went nowhere just because the dev who asked the questions left the company.
    30) Feats and Abilities do not work as the tooltip says or as intended. TRs Shadow of Demise and CWs Disintegrate and chilling presence are but a few examples.
    31) Potions dont heal enough. Used to heal for 8,500 when people had 30-35k HP. Now they heal for 10k and players have over 100k HP. Consider adding improved lvl70 potions for say 20k HP to be available through the Stronghold. For gold of course, not stronghold currency.
    34) Trickster Rogues need more base damage, but Piercing Damage should not ignore tenacity (as it currently does)
    35) Greater Marks of potency should drop more, or remove them entirely and put them in the WB for a reduced price. Currently, upgrading is too expensive for new players.
    37) The game difficulty should be based on an AVERAGE player and not players at their maximum potential.
    43) A weekly state of the game, a chance to let the community know they are being listened to and not just hitting a brick wall.
    44) Story/Lore has been lacking as in previous modules. Player has finished Elemental Evil twice and zero desire to do it again.
    50) Enchants need to be balanced. Examples are Negation/Elven being no brainer picks for PvP while others have fallen by the wayside. Suggestion is to not just nerf but maybe increase benefit of others.
    62) EXP earned from 61-70 is horrible. Also Overflow experience required is too much.

The fox said, "lock and load"

glassdoor.com - Cryptic Studios Review
  • umcjdkingumcjdking Member Posts: 276 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Yeah, if I had to give just 1, and only ONE suggestion.

It would be the Foundry. I've played some excellent quests, unfortunately more often than not, multiple zone foundry quests get bugged out of this world and it's not on the author.

Foundry needs to get a HUGE update. The biggest reason why is because no one wants to play Developer created content any more. Bugs galore, exploits galore, P2W galore and the fixes are secondary to the endless stream of new content that it feels more laborious playing Developer content than anything else.

Foundry can save the game, let players make non gear gated content to maintain your playerbase for you, because so far everything the Cryptic development team has done has had the complete opposite effect.
    Post edited by umcjdking on
  • peonliciouspeonlicious Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    I am aiming purly on the single player aspect.
    I play now for about 9 days. I picked an HR, 1-60 was a blast, fun and exciting. Then i started having a hard time from 60-70, following these crapqeustline. The scale went through the roof in terms of Monster hp and damage. But I stayed in the first zone and played to 68 so i can go for the artifact weapon for 70. I played 4 days straight to get from 60-68, it was to say annoying, exhusting, no fun at all...
    But i thought it will get better, yeah sure drowned shore first one got pretty easy once i leveled up, not anywhere easy like 1-60 monsters, but compared to how hard it was with 60. Today i started to go for the artifact weapon, and guess what im stucked again. It is not the skill im leaking or the will, i checked forums for tipps and other struff, tried skills and combinations, but u guys made a crapjob. Instead of just lowering the damage u increase monsterhp... Wanna calculate this?

1 Monster with 100dmg and 1000 hp. Player needs 20 secs to kill it (50dmg/s).

Monster deals 2000 dmg

after change: Monster deals 75 dmg and have 1500 hp. 1500/50= 30sec to kill it.

Monster deals: 2250 dmg

Great job, actually u raised theire dmg. Ofc this calculation doesnt even take in that u cant kill trash fast. Which for me and i guess a lot of other rangechars end in an awefull lot of damage to suck up.
    You want the com to say to u what u should change? Just play your game for once and u will see it. I am done for today, and probalby until it is changed and if not till never. cya
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,043 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    1. Bug/Exploit fixing
    2. Difficulty
    3. XP gain from daily quests, XP needed to level up and for the overflow
    anything else.
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • feileacan1967feileacan1967 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    Server LAG and DC's.
  • andorrabellandorrabell Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 437 Arc User
    1. Difficulty is too hard for solo + companion and for correctly specced healers/tanks in campaign zones at level 70. If the HP were rolled back but the damage is kept where it was, or the damage were further reduced that would be helpful. This is for casual/alt players that it is a problem and they are being alienated. There is also a big problem for healers and tanks- if you are truly specced as either one (and there is no double spec and it costs $$$ to respec) it makes doing dailies solo a serious chore the way they function now- it forces a "dps spec" that then makes you unable to do your role correctly in the very very difficult (comparably) dungeons. Something needs to give to fix these problems.

Additionally difficulty is a problem in T2 dungeons- People just do not even TRY the grey wolf one, and ECC has other issues I'm sure you are aware of. Personally I"m happy with ETOS.

3. Scourge Warlock Class- Please make us a choice comparable to GWF in dps. Too often I see groups specifically looking for GWF. Period. Also, our soul puppet needs to be fixed so either it enters all encounters or we need to be able to kill it at will (Iit does have a buff icon- most games have a way to click OFF buffs.. dunno if that is possible here) so that it can pop in the encounter. Having to commit suicide in order to have your major feat mechanic in a fight with you is not acceptable.

3. Interface. With increased difficulty playing your class to its limit is more important. This game has no target window, and no target's target window. Please add these! The buffs on mobs are *MUCH* too small to see. (which could be fixed by adding these windows or by increasing buff box size on mobs). We need to be able to filter *OFF* buffs that are not ours on mobs to reduce visual spam and keep track of our own buffs/debuffs. Speaking of visual issues, being able to filter off more visual effects (especially ground effects) that are not relevant to us would be useful. I do NOT need to know where all the paladin's ground effects are, for example. Nor do I need to see the healadins healing lasers. I know this might be tricky but even a "show only mine" would be a first step.
    > @hristu1111 said:
    >
    I forggot to add something, day and night cicle, and you should get tired, so you can sleep in the tavern's or inn. and maybe add swimming.
  • obsidiancran3obsidiancran3 Member Posts: 1,823 Arc User
    My Issues:

XP to level from 60-70: Since the change I stopped trying to level my sub-70 characters, it just became an unreasonable application of time. Change it back to how it was at mod 6 launch.

Dungeons: I would be happy with a set plan for returning the missing dungeons. 1 t1 and 1 t2 each module until all old modules are returned. Return CN and DV as t3s (becomes relevant post Mod 7). Initially I'd like to see CT come back as a t1 and PK as a t2.

Epic Dungeons & DR Bug: Fix this. Its reported in the bug forums and you have indicated you are looking but its the single biggest impediment to play of epic dungeons.

Preview: Get the preview server back at least a week in front of the live server so that people can log in and get you feedback before you damage live with bugged patches.

Tooltips: Parse all tool tips so they provide accurate and honest information about how a power works. No missing damage information or healing information for powers. Clear statements of who powers affect and consistent application of terms. (Hot link terms if you have to..I mean seriously...)

Aura of Courage Killing the Party: Fix this bug where Aura of Courage is proc'd against party members from 0 damage buff powers procing.

Story: Level 1-60 tells a story. Dread Ring largely ends that story. Everything else is largely disconnected from that and makes no sense after a point. The whole story of the game needs to be re-evaluated, from pretty much level 1 up, but given that is a change beyond the scope of this feedback really; make sure all new content has a proper plot line.

Story, Dungeons, HEs and other Things: One of the great annoyances for me with the Elemental Evil story is there are no dungeons. In fact you lamely repeatedly kill, with the right Vigilance Tasks the cult bosses introduced in the opening of the story. These guys get a grand introduction and then you kill them in solo content. Very sad. Considering these guys are tied to the Princes of Elemental Evil there is so much scope to have introduced new dungeons tied to each of them, but nothing. I can accept that EE is a dead story zone at this time; but going forward please ensure that there is a story to the new campaigns and at least 1 dungeon that caps that story.
    Obsidian Moonlight - Paladin
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
    A whole lot of other Obsidian toons as well.
  • zacazuzacazu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,934 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    about pve balance:

well, that is "simple" in theory: create objectives differences between controllers/defenders/strikers classes 0R TREES. some things, you know, are more subjectives and the tentative to fix that can bring some balance problems in other areas, so...

1 = bring some differencial calculation for AC against monsters. some classes/paragons or trees have (or can have close to that in the future, like a hr combat) a mininum of 34 in AC. the most close to that - and can bring down if necessary - is the natural 29 of gwfs-non sentinels. that will create a hierarchy between a non defender and a main defender independent to how much defence or hp you can stack. and, of course, a reason to sell some new artefacts necks to minimize or bring up that difference.

2 - control bonus: that is simple; some classes or trees (or both to maximize the effect) can ignore the cc resistence of monsters. is a way to bring some hierarchy in something more subjective.

3 = damage bonus: just create some "heroic bonus" based in the difference between your hp and the hp of enemy. x% less hp for=y%more damage bonus against that guy.

in the end, that is a way to normalize internally even hibrids trees w/o great nerfs/reworks or, between classes, bring on par even a non main role of a class x.

edit: the mechanics of damage can be done from the difference of level between you and the monster. 5/10% for level based on the main role of the class/tree.
    Post edited by zacazu on
This discussion has been closed.