test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Feedback Needed: Top Issues Currently in Neverwinter PC

Comments

• tuncextuncex Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    my only claim is now on the translation of new contents for Portuguese of Brazil, for a while that mod 6 exited and he is totally in English and have already announced 2 new mods. please do not stop to translate the game into other languages many players do not know English or do not know enough.

ps sorry grammatical errors I used gloogle translator.
  • xatriuxatriu Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    I agree with what people above has already stated in regards to the 50% monster hp increase, that change was ill needed. Also the one shot issue within dungeons needs to be addressed. In all honesty it's not the first time iv'e seen that in a game. With that said though, in all the games that tried this kind of "challenge" philosophy, it never worked out. It wasn't popular in the past and it wont be popular here either.

Pvp/Pve Balance.

If there's something I would love to see, then it's a more lively pvp community and pvp fun in general. The way you guys allow pvping in this game to function, there is no wonder why there are constant balance complaints and such a small amount of the player base actually pvping for the sake of enjoyment. In its current state there is rarely such a thing as a close call between the 2 teams in pvp, it's either your team getting steamrolled or the other team getting steamrolled.
    This is mostly due to the combination of 2 grand flaws in the system which we're all aware of.

1. Gear difference impact.

2. Flawed Matchmaking.

The result of the combination of those 2 points is such a mess that you will NEVER be able to balance this part of the game without critically affecting Pve and vice versa. Not in a million years without drastic changes to your Pvp system.

I have an idea for this that may be interesting. First off, you guys would need to start things from scratch in a future mod and find a real balance within Pvp. Tune class abilities based on Pvp performance and find a balance there, then tune Pve to be in line with the changes to the overhauled classes and the gear you make available for them for Pve content.

Make a 3rd gear tab exclusively for pvp gear which will be given to you by a vendor, this gear will be max gear level. All artifacts, enchantments and reinforcements u put in this tab will not work during pvp. Reason being that those elements heavily destroys balance. As for boons, ONLY pvp boons will apply in pvp. You also get to roll desired ability scores for pvp equal to that of a max level character. During pvp everyone is upscaled to level 70.

Everyone can join in this pvp instance, be it whether you just started or if your'e a seasoned player. Now to the more interesting aspect of this whole 3rd gear tab for pvp thing. The more you pvp, the more you will be rewarded in Pve, as you will over time get a % benefit of the stats provided by the gear in the pvp tab. The more you pvp, the higher this percentage will grow. What the max percantage is would have to be decided by the devs..

Equality and balance would promote more players to go into pvp without being completely salty after coming back out of it as well as it would turn into a battle of skill rather then gear score. The % bonus stats from gear in the pvp tab would encourage people who wants to do better in pve to pvp as well. And the ability to equip more enchantments, artifacts and reinforcements onto this tab would potentially promote players to spend more $$.

Just a fun idea.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    I didn't include a third point in my prior post in this thread because I needed to think about what else I wanted to bring up. So here's something I tried to raise before that I consider a serious problem: not repeating mistakes.

Neverwinter's dev team needs to maintain a running checklist to support actually learning something from past errors. I made a thread compiling examples of repeat problems on the old forums but I can't find it with Vanilla's search or Google, so I'll try to remember what I can.

Things to cross-check

New class
    Has class quest (HR and OP have none)
    Has appropriate class-specific items added to all possible item packs
    Has event weapons added to all collections (some ranger ones are *still* missing, after more than a year and multiple reports)

New race
    Has racial quest (Dragonborn has none)
    Racial bonus actually works

New pack with class-specific items
    Add to list so it can be updated when new classes are added (Greycloak, Delzoun, Gloomwrought, Mulhorand... this is only a partial list)

Event items
    Add to all appropriate collections. Companions and mounts should be added to both categories.

Healing item (potion/food, artifact, power, etc.)
    Disable in PvP
    If allowed in PvP, respects healing depression *or* given tooltip to indicate exemption from healing depression

Cooldown reducing power (etc.)
    Does not affect artifacts, quick slot items

Changing mechanics of an existing event
    Change the NPC explanatory text. Dump the voiceover if you have to. Be explicit, even if it means breaking the 4th wall.

Long-term players have seen different iterations of basically the same bug over and over and over again, many of which could be headed off if someone were paying attention to the details.

Sometimes the issue isn't really a bug but content that just isn't there, as with missing class and racial quests. They make the game feel less complete and more like it's been shoved carelessly out the door.

Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • schweifer1982schweifer1982 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,662 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    New race
    Has racial quest (Dragonborn has none)
    Racial bonus actually works

Not working still not https://youtube.com/watch?v=pEK9IlwEqaI

Updated :Patch Notes: NW.45.20150618a.5 up to date print screenwl7ndl.png

Not even 1 hp difference!

Shoud be 10.83 HP more lets say 10!

And this legendary race actual cost millions and you have 0,2% chance to open it from a locbox you need at least 500 keys to have one =56250 zen 28mill AD at least .
    GWF 3700Ilvl Éjsötét & ProPala 3200Ilvl Menydörgés (main) & Szürkefarkas 2600 ilvl
  • atriaratriar Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    What an opportunity, thank you very much!

As a warlock player i will be selfish here, and even though i do 100% agree with the XP and potion releated comments here i will state my 3 most painful thing in the game.

Balance: My Dreadteft ability does not apply any weapon enchantment at all.
    - Maybe the Vorpal has effect on it, but nothing else. I do understand that it sounds "crazy" if we say that there is an ability which can proc weapon enchantment 24 times in 6 seconds. BUT seriously do the math here!
    - My weapon damage is 1140 - 1430. If i do the math it looks like this: 25% weapon damage (terror enchant) 24 times that means 321 * 24 = 7704 damage. Tell me please, in module 6 that 7704 damage is broken or overpowered?
    - But honestly i would be happy if at least the very 1st tick would apply the buffs/debuffs from the echants.

Bugs: My Soul Puppet still can not join me in the boss fights. Honestly this is an existing bug since the release of the class, why does it still present? Please, try to fix it already!

p.s: Some of my rank 4 abilities are still not working. For example my Killing Flames instead of the -1sec lowerd cooldown recives +2 sec increased cooldown. The Infernal Spheres does not get the 4th orb which would be the whole reason to rank up the ability.
    - And i am not alone with this, there are many other defective rank 4 abilites on the other classes as well.
  • j0shi82j0shi82 Member Posts: 622 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    For me it's all about bugfixing and to a lesser extend balancing.

I think we all get that a F2P game, or any MMO, has to release new content on a regular basis, but if Mod 6 has shown anything, than that the playerbase is not willing to take *any* content either. I will draw an analogy to the PVP matchmaking, which eventually will match up players regardless of ELO to create a match. But any match is not better than no match, because any match may essentially be no match if one team is heavily outclassed. The same can be said about lackluster and unfinished content that needs several months to get fixed or reworked. That just doesn't cut it.

Same about exploits. I don't want an emergency maintenance on the same day of reports, but current eCC is just a classic example of stuff sticking around for way too long.
  • lazaroth666lazaroth666 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    My personal Top 3:

1) Don't ignore the feedback, our time is precious too: I used to be one of those players who tested a lot in Preview Server prior to the release of the new modules and gave a ton of feedback about bugs, how things wasn't working as intended and improvements until I realized how the devs are working here. Everything was always ignored and I felt it like it was a huge waste of my time, therefore, I stopped giving feedback and I'm just trying to enjoy the game as it is released, working with what we have. It is sad when so many players are writing about something broken/wrong/bugged and it's completely ignored and these aren't fixed soon. I've been here since Module 2 and I've seen broken things for a whole module, that means around 4-6 months that we have to play with broken feats/items/classes, etc. Why do we have to wait so much? The players get frustrated and you can see that in every bug report or feedback because the same thing is reported again and again. Bugs/exploits must be fixed in the module where they appeared and not in the next ones.

2) Fix the queue system: Every time I solo queue, my GWF Destroyer is considered by the system as a Tanking class which is completely wrong. The whole Sentinel tree is useless for tanking and requires a rework. Actually, the only viable path is damage dealer (Destroyer) and the other two paths are ignored by most players. If I choose to be Destroyer, the queue system can't choose me for Tanking.

When the group finder window pops up, what if you let us see which classes are going to be in the team? like this:

r2kc37.jpg

This would improve the chance of success of the players using the queue system. Many players get frustrated when they keep joining instances and there are no tanks and/or healers and you have reworked the dungeons, there is a very low chance of success if you don't go with classes that are trully able to fulfill these roles. In the first circle would appear GF/OP protector and GWF sentinel (if it ever gets fixed), DPSers/Utility Classes in the next circles 2, 3 and 4 (GWF Destroyer-Instigator, DC Righteous, etc) last circle for healers (DC Virtuous-Faithfull, OP Devotion, SW Warlock if gets fixed).

3) Make content much more rewarding: Running dungeons are among the most important ways to interact with other players in the game. It is vital for a guild when the members are running dungeons with each other but what happens when you are already geared and there's no real reason to go to a dungeon? Sure, you can go a few times and help but right now we have to farm for 40 days the top PvE gear. After all that time farming, you don't want to go there again because is boring and it is not rewarding. Hard content = Good rewards, so it's worth to spend time everyday on them. Getting the gear is part of running dungeons, shouldn't be the priority nor the main reason. I want to run dungeons because is fun and I get cool things.
    fkze9t.jpg
    ▄▀▄▀ Check out my blog for more information and cool videos: NWO-Battleground ▀▄▀▄
    Proud founder of the 'Primacy' alliance
  • denvalddenvald Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 702 Arc User
    My personal Top 3:

1) Don't ignore the feedback, our time is precious too: I used to be one of those players who tested a lot in Preview Server prior to the release of the new modules and gave a ton of feedback about bugs, how things wasn't working as intended and improvements until I realized how the devs are working here. Everything was always ignored and I felt it like it was a huge waste of my time, therefore, I stopped giving feedback and I'm just trying to enjoy the game as it is released, working with what we have.

Exactly my boat. I spent countless hours reporting bugs in preview prior to mod 6 for the warlock class. Aside from one outrageous bug which was dark revelery infinite stacking, ALL of them went live. The only thing that comes to mind after that is why do I even bother?

Trying to help I spent 10 hours writing the thread + the time I also spent managing it and editing it to be easier to read. And the equivalent or more on the preview going trough every corner, I tested every feat single handedly, I tested the HP and defences of the soul puppet, the bugs that was around it, the powers that worked properly and those who did not, the flaws in the powers, the things that were wrong with class features.

I have it all written over in the nine hells forums. It's been since january that I'm repeating the same things. The warlock friends I had (I know the majority of the high end warlock community, they all left the game by now, of the 12 friends I had 2 are left, including myself.) The others quit the game and 2 of them play other classes.

The result? I still am hopeful, posting on the forums now and then, but I don't play anymore, not until something is done about the warlock class, and I'm not the only one, you might not hear their voices here because they gave up.

That does not mean there is no problem to see
    I am the monk, martial skill transcends the battlefield
    It is my my life style, my doctrine and my state of mind,
    You fight well, but without focus and discipline, you will fall.

More threads by me / Click on it B)
    My Support Warlock/Temptation Thread
  • free2payfree2pay Member Posts: 284 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Neverwinter has lost its direction and forgot what makes it unique and fun against the myriad of mmos out there. So I'll remind you here that the main draw this game had that attracted many players are :
    1) Dungeon & Dragon brand
    2) Casual Friendly
    3) Fast paced and skilled combat

So let me elaborate on this 3 key points, their associated problems, and possible remedies.

1) Dungeon & Dragon:
    This game should be PvE focused. Roleplay and teamwork should be the spirit. That means every class should serve a purpose and be good at what they are supposed to do. Letting other team members cover their inherent weakness. All this cannot come into fruition if there is class imbalance. I've said it many times and I'll say it again here. The BEST way to weed out class imbalance is through PvP. PvP is the TOOL. PvP is therefore NOT the GOAL. Certain mechanics, class feats, class encounters, stats effectiveness are currently ALL out of whack. You should investigate immediately into why Armor effectiveness for tank is so poor, and why Armor pen of T1/T2 mobs and IwD mobs are so high. In no way should tank be one shotted. Never ever. If Armor does nothing for tank, why should any other class invest bother with this stat? Piercing damages should be removed from the game entirely. Many Control Wizards are unwilling to simply control mobs and let other dpser kill the mobs. CC is the best mitigation. Far superior to any healing and debuffs that a Cleric can put out. If CW wants to be dps, then transfer those CC powers to the Devoted Clerics. Tanks and Healers already sacrificed dps. But why on earth are tanks and healers just as squishy as DPSer? That makes no sense AT ALL. Currently many perceive DPSer to have overperforming dps capability and survivability whereas "support" class like tanks and healers have none. You cannot expect to give tank and cleric peanuts to play with and then listen to complaints about the lack players playing those classes and use that as a reason to dumb down dungeons. The moment you give tanks and healers the power they deserve, you will find less of complaints of dungeons being too hard and also lack of players playing those class.

2) Casual Friendly
    It all boils down to progression (loot and xp): aka risk vs reward, aka grind vs p*w. The perceived wall is looming over everybody. It's now larger than ever. ADs are harder to come by. Enchants are too expensive. Coals don't drop. Vigilance quest don't drop unified elements etc. How to remedy all these? Simple. Make them bloody drop more. Make vigilance quests reroll their reward after they expire. Have quests reward R9/R10 enchants and coals.

3) Fast paced and skilled combat
    Harder mobs in dungeons are fine. One shotting mobs in open world maps like IwD? NEVER. Heroic Encounters have to scale down drastically. Mobs have too much health pool and do too much damage, STILL.

And in summary:
    1) Fix your PvE by looking at the Armor stat curve effectiveness. Reduce the Arp stat on mobs. Relook at all one shots mechanics. Reduce mobs' HP and damage. Nerf WoD, IwD and Dwarven Valley heroic encounters and mobs.
    2) Entice casual players back with better rewards and fair chance of reasonable progression. Start rewarding R9, R10, coals. Vigilance Quests has to reroll their loots or there's no point to them.
    Post edited by free2pay on
  • helpimblindinrlhelpimblindinrl Member Posts: 972 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    As DPS gwf is wildly stronger than every other DPS class. That's not an opinion its undeniable reality for anyone at the non garbage level of the game. Give them less damage stacking and more reliable stacks to bring them in line with other classes. Its so not even close. I don't even know how to underline it enough. Look up the current builds for the classes to find out what they can actually pull off. You guys have proved woefully ill-informed about what's possible over and over.

You nerfed stormspell but you originally buffed it because you nerfed all the encounter damage hard. Can we have some back please. Right now everything a cw does feels gimped and unfun. Its a dps class not keeping up even remotely with sw and gwf. And spare me the bull about control, 1) every class has control aspects 2) you gave the mobs huge control resist 3) there's no room for a half dps in t2 runs.

There is still no dual spec and the roundtrip between pvp and pve effective gets wider. Reduce the cost of feat change if you expect anyone to bother with pvp.

Negation and elven battle enchant are wildly more powerful than other enchants for pvp

HR can do a forever stunlock. Way back in mod 4 when cw could do that it was wildly out of order and got changed quickl. Get on that please

The LoL set is wildly stronger than every other set. For the Love of God fix it. Its absolutely absurd.

After all this time you still have piercing damage in pvp and everyone still hates it

We need our dungeons back

Leveling to 70 was brutal and unfun before the xp and damage changes. Making it longer and more tedious was a move in the wrong direction. That content was unmitigated awful. Rubbing people's faces in it more isn't clever.

If player retention isn't some kind of joke you need to do something about the gear gap other than making it ever larger. A new player will never ever ever catch up. When they figure out that they can't they leave.

Fix the dungeon damage math. Look in the bug forum and figure out where the spike damage is actually coming from. Its probably not meant to be that way.

Reconsider this new mount stuff, its like you learned nothing about power creep in the last few mods.

If you want to sell us stuff sell us cosmetics, and a lot of them. Nothing creates rage like people who have paid money to be top of the pile.
    Post edited by helpimblindinrl on
  • cassie1971cassie1971 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    sabre10 wrote: »
    Strum, many thanks for this opportunity!
    Wholly agree with all of these comments, i mostly enjoy the pve part of the game or did pre- mod 6 , but mod 6 decided to give the pvp another go especially during the NCL event the rewards where very tempting but has said in this post the queue system is not working, and for me being put in a solo group against an obvious pre-made just caused players to leave that leaves 3-4 players trying to survive when tbh even with 5 players the match was out balanced.

Just off the top of my head,
    Bugs:
    Those which are graphics limiting/cause lag. Be it related to the environment (Malabog castle) or enchantments/boons (pretty sure there's something funky with negations)
    Bugs such as the TR capstone SoD. Is this a bug? If it is then it's gone uncorrected for too long. If it's not a bug and instead a deliberate move, then i think the community would appreciate accurate patch notes to represent this. Those of sound mind know that balancing everything can be a real pig, but players being in limbo over this rob the team of credibility.

Balance:
    There is something very wrong when a few enchants are no-brainer picks for dungeons or PvP in particular. This is not to say that they should be nerfed to the ground, but that the others are under-performing in a big way. I'd love to see variety in the enchants used.
    Just look at the seal vendor in PE. There you can acquire some shards for seals of the elements and others for seals of the protector. To me that feels like an expectation that some should outperform others. A 2 tiered system!
    Also, if you do re-balance them at some point, please remember that this is now Mod 6, with damage far in excess to that in mod 5. Any changes should appreciate this.

Over enthusiastic adjustments to powers/feats. Some of these adjustments have left whole paths/skills non viable, and i think this applies to most classes.

Systems:
    So many things! Ultimately I can distill it down to whether or not I feel rewarded for my time and effort in the game.
    I genuinely love this game, but even I'm starting to feel the boredom encroach.

When the overflow reward was introduced it actually felt rewarding! I picked up powerpoints (although not consistently), and felt that I could advance my characters in that way. Now, not only has the XP requirement for an overflow "reward" been increased unreasonably, but once achieved it is a massive anticlimax. It was expected that the reward be for running the content, but you've removed a lot of it and the rewards are on the whole pitiful.
    I would either revert the decision or at the very least include guaranteed and significant rewards for that amount of time invested.
    Events. I really, really enjoyed the NCL. The rewards for this were reasonable given the investment, and it felt like there was a goal to aim for. However, we all know that the function of the ELO is a compromise between matching and queue time. For an event such as this that is supposed to reward the individual, please invoke a single player and multiplayer queue system. As it is, I don't feel it gives an accurate reflection otherwise.
    Vouchers. Back to the reward theme. How did I feel when a daily during the event gave me a voucher for the Zen store? I'll tell you. It neither motivated me to spend time in the event or more importantly for the game, spend money in the Zen store. It's been said more than once that if prices were a shade lower in there, that you'd have more player buying zen. I feel this way!

Communication:
    Strum, I know that you're making an effort by opening this thread, and I really appreciate that fact. But, the fact of the matter is that communication beyond yourself feels barely existent.
    This was recognised following the release of Mod 6, but then what's been done about it? I'd rather not think that it was just paying lip service to the player base.
    More, and honest communication would help show otherwise.

• drkbodhidrkbodhi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,378 Arc User
    teribad15 wrote: »
    class balance in pvp is non existant.
    immortal healers that can keep themself and entire party invicible for entire fight due to broken mechanics like:
    DC astral shield where the AS has nearly 100% uptime with enough recovery, the skill should go on CD after effect ends.

Paladin Divine Protector daily has 100% uptime due to paladin is able to generate AP while being under effect of the daily.

other issues:

TR having way too much immunity frames 4 longest dodges ingame combined with stealth meachanic and ITC give them way too much immunity
    also there is Shocking Execution thats able to 1 shot 120k hp targets.
    class is able to stack 60% deflect chance with 85% deflection severity due to pots which makes them nearly dmg immune.

CW being tankier than tanks and has way more survaviblity tools than them (shield on tab/rene heal/dodges/ranged class).

HR having more control than control wizard with perma root/daze combo

GF dealing 2x the burst dmg of GWF while having nearly permanent shield up

GWF a meele class w,o CC with terrible stacking system and really poor base dmg GWF in order to deal dmg need to lose 30% hp then get 10 destro stack with 4 sec window ,3 destroyer stack,somehow CC target,use hidden daggers,mark target
    also the class survaviblity is really poor too current GWF in pvp is carried by negation and feytouched enchants.

SW bassicaly free kill the class has 0 pvp dmg 0 pvp survaviblity all they can do is just perma slip around hoping for not getting melted in 2 seconds.

I will agree with some of this.
    ez0sf4K.png
    Atwil "At" - Tiefling TR / Saardush - Black Dragonborn GWF / White - Tiefling OP
    Leadership Council of Civil Anarchy
    SYNERGY Alliance
  • umcjdkingumcjdking Member Posts: 276 Arc User
    Hey Andy,

I'd like to bring attention to a critical point that will make or break Mod 7. Class Balance. Class Balance. And more Class Balance. Not necessarily balancing them with eachother, but balancing each class with itself. Without this, Strongholds will effectively alienate a majority of the casual players who just like to play the game and occasionally do a pick-up game every now and then. The class with the largest issue is the GWF, followed very closely by the HR. To make Mod 7 and enjoyable existence for everyone, all feat trees need to have a viable role in the game.

Me, Ayroux and a few others have posted some feedback in how to bring Sentinels & Instigators back into the race because right now, the Sentinel is useless and the Instigator's role is easily overtaken by CWs. Here are some of our issues and some proposed changes.

-Temporary HP mechanic does not benefit instigators or sentinels anywhere near to how much it can buff a destroyer. Temp HP should be changed and reliant on defensive parameters, not offensive parameters. The feat tree that actually builds the least amount of threat (Destroyer) gets the most temporary hit points and tbh makes them the most tanky by far when paired with their determination gain.
    1) Temporary HP now equal to deflect + damage resistance.
    2) Temporary HP rescaled to missing HP and multiplied by 1.XX, xx being Incoming Healing Bonus while allowing the GWF to heal his missing HP equal to his regeneration stat once every 3 seconds.

- Base damage of the GWF is atrocious. Sentinels hit like wet noodles which in PVE is somewhat mitigated by their 1000% threat generation bonuses through feats, but in PVE all my sentinel ever sees are 0's. Instigators can hit hard and do noticeable damage, but it is completely eclipsed by the Destroyer.
    1) Remove Hidden Dagger damage buff and apply a 20-40% buff to all GWF base damage on powers.
    2) Remover Focused Destroyer feat and apply a 15-25% damage buff to all GWF base damage on powers.

-Determination gain for Sentinels and Instigators and an unstoppable buff for Instigators giving each class the ability to fulfill it's role.

1) Triple/Quadruple determination gain for Sentinels when using Steadfast Determination and allow it to generate Out of Combat.
    2) Insert some sort of passive determination gain for Instigators, such as when mobs are controlled gain X amount of determination per second, per enemy affected (work it like Trample the Fallen coding), or when using a successful control power gain 10% of determination.
    3) When Instigators pop unstoppable add some sort of buff; Immediate Stamina recharge, increased movespeed, massive cooldown reduction.

• umcjdkingumcjdking Member Posts: 276 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Also, PVE is a pain and not very fun, and is a complete joke compared to Mods 1-3 PVE. Mod 1-3 PVE was incredibly fun because the fights were hectic and relied on good team balance. There were a few broken mechanics, but nothing so tremendously broken that a simple PUG dungeon wouldn't be fun. Now, current fights are just massive spamfests that require no real strategery.

- We need a further 50% reduction in mob damage.
    - We need a MASSIVE reduction in healing, like 75%, take it away from feats, first - then reduce powers.
    - Dailies should be renamed to 30 Secondlies, or in case of GF, 10 Secondlies. All AP gain items need a nerf. Cloaks, nerfed to 50%, DC artifact nerfed to 50%, DC AP gain feat nerfed by 50%. Deletion of the Shore Snail. It used to be dailies would be big special skills you used to turn the tide of the fight. Either nerf the ridiculous AP gain or put inplace an internal AP gain cooldown timer of like 1 minute.
  • skalt112skalt112 Member Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    I can live with most issues until they make a patch, except the experience "adjustment". You get rid of this horrible idea, as a VAST majority of people want, and then I will start to believe you care about what we think. Until then, i will regard this as just another attempt at PR.
  • free2payfree2pay Member Posts: 284 Arc User
    The final nail in the coffin would be to listen to those asking for nerfs to tanks and healers. Mark my word.
  • ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    I have gone through each post and tried to keep the integrity of the post/point while making it simple and easy enough to print out and take to a "developer meeting" so Andy (Strum) can bring as many issues as possible to DEV attention.

Up until this point here is a list of all the feedback in this thread:
    1) PVE Mobs deal HUGE damage - enough to 1 shot any character.
    2) Tier 2 dungeons have zero reward once you have your gear.
    3) Separate PVE and PVP skills
    4) New dungeons are worthless, old dungeons were better when you could sell items, giving a point to farming them
    5) Players want THREE viable trees for each character rather than just one that is hands down better than the rest (Example: Sentinel/Instigator/Destroyer - Sentinel and Instigator are worthless paths, ALL should be made viable).
    6) PVP: Add a "solo-Q" and a ''group Q" option rather than the current system.
    7) "Fix ranking system, ELO is not working"
    8) Reduce the XP needed for each overflow level.
    9) Reduce PVE mob HP - the last patch that buffed this was too much
    10) Potions(healing) give you next to nothing when mobs in PVE can one shot you.
    11) Paragon for the SW/HR are broken - mainly due to regen and lifesteal changes that seemed to be based on previous versions of HP in mind.
    12) Need more "open world" activities for players past 70.
    13) Shouldnt feel like I have to group up in order to do daily quests (his example, he is 2k item level paladin and cant kill anything)
    14) It takes too many refinement points to rank artifact equipment up to purple, let alone legendary.
    15) Rank 7 enchants should offer more than just 10 points over rank 6 enchants.
    16) Server Stability - lag and constant disconnects during important fights.
    17) Many bugs with regards to power not working correctly - which either makes them worthless or Overpowered. An example is Trickster Rogues Shadow of Demise capstone. This is not working correctly.
    18) The game has gone from being fun to being a chore with things like daily quests especially on alt characters.
    19) A large wall has divided the old players against the newer players. Changes in the future need to be aimed at catching more players up, not increasing the divide.|
    20) Leveling areas 61-70. You are stuck in each zone MUCH longer than the 1-60 leveling zones. Example is Whispering caverns had only 30 quests to do, the new zones have 48 and are all time gated.
    21) EXP curve lvl 61+ takes too long for each level.
    22) A non-DPS cleric (healing cleric) is unable to do solo play due to mob HP. His damage is too low to solo.
    23) Increased communication from the DEV team to the players. (Specifically, regular updates acknowledging player concerns and there is a plan to address them)
    24) "Say NO to unrealistic goals of the company" - Module 6 was rushed, had to be pushed back, and was released worse than many Alpha builds we have seen.
    25) Dont ask players for feedback on a test server if most of it is ignored. (Many of the issues with module 6 were brought up on the forums. An example is the Paladin class that still has issues with something brought up day 1 of the PTR).
    26) Tool-tips do not actually reflect the true ability of each skill.
    27) "Where is incentive to run dungeons? What do I do after I get my T2 armor?"
    28) Campaign zones level needs to be lowered by 1 level to make them easier to do.
    29) Foundry was a huge selling point of the game and has been neglected. There was a thread created about the foundry that gave great feedback and went nowhere.
    30) Feats and Abilities do not work as the tooltip says or as intended. Again, TR Shadow of Demise (Only applied by an encounter and only to a single target at a time - the tooltip does not state this.)
    31) Potions dont heal enough. Used to heal for 8,500 when people had 30-35k HP. Now they heal for 10k and players have over 100k HP.
    32) Tanks are getting 2-3 shot by enemies. We appreciate you trying to make tanks mandatory however the damage is too high for them to handle.
    33) Great Weapons Fighters need more Defense/Damage resistance. GWF also need a true "dodge" they have to run halfway across a map to avoid an attack while other classes can just dodge.
    34) Trickster Rogues need more base damage, but Piercing Damage should not ignore tenacity (as it currently does)
    35) Greater Marks of potency should drop more and cost less and be used less for upgrades. (Maybe use other greater marks as well and create a market for those too)
    36) Reduce the healing of PVE mobs to mimic player "healing" Some "hunter mobs" can self heal for 60-80k.
    37) The game difficulty should be based on an AVERAGE player. With 2k ilevel its nearly impossible to do Ice Wind Dale quests.
    38) We want builds that match our "role" in groups.
    39) Bring back dungeon delves - we need bind on equip items that can be sold.
    40) Remove Astral Diamonds as the currency from the Auction House. Make players use gold or zen.
    41) Game has stopped being fun, its just a grindfest. Time spent is just logging in to pray or do professions.
    42) Make the game playable as solo-able again. (Player went to IWD and was killed quickly)
    43) A weekly state of the game, a chance to let the community know they are being listened to and not just hitting a brick wall.
    44) Story/Lore has been lacking as in previous modules. Player has finished Elemental Evil twice and zero desire to do it again.
    45) Bring back the "lost dungeons" (The ones that were around at 60 that never came back - like castle never)
    46) Religion should be more meaningful. Religion based quests/lore etc.
    47) Allow seasoned players to skip tutorial for Alt characters.
    48) Regular dungeons/skirmishes/quests should be easier. IceWind Dale and other modules should be easier. T2 dungeons should be hard but not 1-2 shot players.
    49) Bug fixes should be done one character at a time. Once the major issues are fixed, move onto another class. Rather than trying to focus broad on big class issues. Focus on one at a time.
    50) Enchants need to be balanced. Examples are Negation/Elven being no brainer picks while others have fallen by the wayside. Suggestion is to not just nerf but maybe increase benefit of others.
    51) "Over enthusiastic buffs to power/feats" have left some OTHER paths of classes unplayable/not viable as the class becomes centered around those abilities.
    52) Time spent in the game doesnt feel rewarding. Overflow EXP used to be rewarding but now its too high. Gametime play doesnt "earn" me anything. Neverwinter Combat League is a good example about how "rewards" drive player activity - gave players something to aim for
    53) Matchmaking based on ELO is a battle between que time and accuracy. Need separate ques for premade teams and solo Q players.
    54) Communication from DEVs are horrid. Players feel left out, no point in giving feedback, like they are talking to brick walls.
    55) Warlock Class - Damnation has a bug with Soul Puppets able to deal millions of damage per hit. (denvald) is the handle of the guy who posted this.
    56) Casting times are too slow in PVP, many times you try to cast and people just walk out of range.
    57) Defensive and Offensive capabilities of warlocks are lower than other classes. In PVE everyone is forced to rely on SoulPuppets.
    58) Temptation Warlocks - literally no role in a group - an off healer at best. Lacks Support, does not make a desirable group member to take into dungeons.
    59) Warlock - Curses. There is no synergy. Many abilities consume the curse forcing warlocks to spam curses all day long in dungeons. The curses should stay on the target until death so you can get the 20% damage bonus from it.
    60) PVP: Roots affect players while dodging. (example is Control Wizards Icy Rays)
    61) PVP Domination Games can take too long when players build so defensive it takes 5 players to kill them. Do this on all three nodes and the game never ends.
    62) EXP earned from 61-70 is horrible. Also Overflow experience required is too much.
  • cheyennemountaincheyennemountain Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    Agree with all that Ayroux has summarised or added here, except maybe number 40 on his list
    Morgana CW
    PVE Dungeons:

Really my two Qualms here are:
    1) Lack of rewards
    2) PVE Mob Damage.

1) Lack of Rewards - As other players have said, there is no reward for doing these dungeons except the gear. Players want to have bind on equip items that can sell are are WORTH selling on the auction house. There needs to be a reason to want to farm these aside from just getting equipment for a character. Because once that is done, whats the point? Farming dungeons should be a VERY reliable method of farming for Astral Diamonds.

Solutions: Chests should offer bind on EQUIP gear. Able to be sold. Another option could be to increase the amount of RAW AD earned for salvaging items. So a player could run a dungeon, get an epic and salvage it for say 20k RAW AD. This provides him a fair "allowance" for his efforts. If gear is not the direction the game wants to go, I would then settle for enchants. rank 7 enchants should drop from T1 dungeons while rank 8 enchants should drop from T2 dungeons. These would be from the CHESTS and BOSSES (not from the trash mobs) which would give a player running T1s a viable way of gearing up based on DROPPED loot and then as he upgrades and moves to T2 dungeons Rank 8 enchants could drop and give him a viable way of upgrading those.

2) PVE Mob Damage.

Solutions: I have written about this before and will do it again here. Difficulty does NOT have to be hard hitting mobs. It also doesnt have to be mobs with extremely large health pools.

What would make trash mobs interesting are adding variables to them:
    1) Control IMMUNE mobs
    2) AGRO IMMUNE mobs
    3) Mobs immune to all physical damage
    4) Mobs immune to all non-physical damage

What this does is targets each role of the group. Control immune mobs forces a tank. Agro immune mobs forces control. Phys and non-Phys also force different types of Damage.

Reduce the health pools, reduce the damage they can dish out and make the encounters FUN but still HARD with mechanics!
    PVP ISSUES:

There are many PVP issues, but I will stick to just TWO primary ones that plague the game. 1) Matchmaking 2) Tenacity.

1) Matchmaking SOLUTIONS
    In its simplest form, matchmaking currently tries to match off "skill" and create a variable team that has a "balance" so that teams have an "average" skill rating. Well when you base off this "skill rating" what ends up determining the outcome? Gear.

What NEEDS to happen is the other way around. Base matchmaking off GEAR and allow SKILL to determine the outcome.

Now there are MANY ways to do this, I will just give AN example of one option to show the concerns that need to be addressed when doing this. But I think doing this will alleviate MANY of the other issues in the game.

Base matchmaking off ITEMLEVEL rather than "elo". What this needs to account for is the players highest achieved itemlevel in the game - so they cannot swap out gear. An easy way to do this is create a "hidden high water mark" that pegs each player to the max item level they have achieved.

What also needs to be taken into account is NO LONGER an "average" or "total" of the team but if a group of players Ques up, it bases any #s off the highest player in that groups item level. What this means is a high itemlevel player ques with a lower item level player, it treats them BOTH as high itemlevel players . This eliminates "boosting". This ALSO has the side effect of making all premades appear in the "que system" as much higher itemlevel than they really are (since the group is based on the HIGHEST). So what this would do is IF a group of PUGs were to be brought up against a group of a team, the PUGs would actually "outgear" the premade making for a much more fair fight.

Now the Que system in place could be based on itemlevel(max) and then also expand based on time in Que. I think doing this, however, will GREATLY improve the QoL of each game since now ANY time you play (if you are on a 2k Ilevel player or 4k) you are facing players within a similar gear range making it a much more fun and balanced match.

2) Tenacity SOLUTIONS

As a STAT, this needs to be removed from PVP gear. The "stat allocation" that was awarded to the PVP sets should be allocated back into "HP". Then the "target" for tenacity seems to be 40% and should be given to players @ 70 as the NEW "base" that all characters have. Lvl 1-60 can keep 10% as a base. Lvl 61-70 you would start becoming more and more "tanky" versus other players (3% per level) up to lvl 70 @ 40%. Tenacity is NEEDED, but as a stat on gear it is NOT.

Why? Because Tenacity as a stat creates a MASSIVE divide between PVE and PVP and New Players.

New Players cannot even PVP since they have no tenacity. They get pulled into a game and 2 shot by players who have tenacity. The matchmaking would alleviate SOME of this but its just not fair to have to have two completely different sets of gear for PVE and PVP. Now Rings/Enchants etc SHOULD be different if you want to max your character but not by adding SO much "resilience" from gear.

PVE players feel gimped and do not want to PVP much since they either dont have tenacity gear, or their player is not built around their tenacity gear OR they havnt reinforced their tenacity gear. Etc. All I know is PVE players rarely do PVP now because of this, they only do this for hte daily quests and ALOT more would do more PVP if their characters didnt have to swap around gear just to be able to PLAY. Its not like they would be amazing or game changing, but they have to swap to PLAY the game.

PVP Players - USED to be some of the biggest PVE farmers in the GAME!!!! Why did they stop? Why would they care? All their gear is from PVP. Now PVP gear SHOULD be good for PVP, but if PVE gear could also be used, you just doubled the population of players that will do things like run dungeons etc. It creates a MASSIVE boost to the economy.
    Itemization
    Ill keep this short. Refinement points for BIS gear is stupid. PVE dungeons (the hardest) need to offer COMPARABLE gear to artifact equipment gear that can be FARMED. This creates too big a gear gap between the "haves" and "have nots".

Things like Castle NEver need to be brought back and offer comparable "BIS" weapons. The cost for these BIS weapons is too high for an average player and even one that WANTS to pay, the cost/benefit is just not there...

Enchants need adjusting. You have Negation/Elven armor enchants that are HANDS DOWN better than anything else out there. Things like Soulforge - the heal needs to NOT respect Healing Depression (are you not fallen?) Things like Thunderhead need to have a much LONGER stun. Etc. MORE enchants need to be MORE viable.

Offensive Enchants - Its good to see MORE options than before. Some lack luster ones are still: Plague Fire - this needs to have a much more powerful debuff @ 3 stacks. Bronzewood - needs to have a greater "uptime" on its damage bonus. Holy Avenger - Needs to have a greater "uptime" on its DR and healing.

Set Bonuses: Really the ONLY one to complain about is eLOL set bonus. This does FAR too much damage. It should NOT be multiplied by damage bonuses (only debuffs). That would essentially fix the damage from the set which is FAR too strong.
    One last MAJOR one: Boon Adjustments.

"Could Shoulder" and "Avalanche" need to BOTH have an ICD. Something LIKE 20-30 seconds. So they cannot proc more than once every 20-30 seconds.
    Agree with all that Ayroux has summarised or added here, except maybe number 40 on his list

None of that list was my own feedback. I merely compiled everyone else's feedback. I disagree with a few items #40 being ONE of them.
    Leveling:
    - Leveling a new character 1-60 is actually VERY enjoyable. I used to not dislike this at all and actually ended up rerolling new characters to be a different race, or for professions, I got used to it, I got good at it and enjoyed it.

Everything changed lvl 61. It is NOT enjoyable. It is all time gated which is a BAD idea for leveling. You need to not only give players options but keep them grinding quests over and over for as long as they want to play. The EXP gained and the progression lvl 61+ is horrid. Quests dont give enough EXP. It takes too long to level, stuck in zones for longer than ideal.

SOLUTION: Honestly the BEST rework that would not take much time at all would be to adjust the previous modules to be alternative leveling zones. Also the Average EXP/Quest needs to be increased by about 50%. So what this would look like is:

Zones below are player level - meaning mobs can be 1-2 levels higher
    Sharandar: level 61-65. (Mob levels 63-67)
    Dread Ring: level 63-67. (Mob levels 65-69)
    Ice Wind Dale: Level 65-70. (Mob levels 67-72)

So what this does is now you do BOTH. You do the new zones AND you do the Sharadar dailies at ~lvl 61-62 you start the zone. It will be well into mid 60s and you will still be doing Sharadar but have ALSO unlocked DreadRing at 63. So now you have TWO areas to do daily quests and start your boons. So a character who is level 61 gets a "taste" of the end game by doing his module 1 boons ALSO while leveling. It creates a much more enjoyable atmosphere for leveling up, and also fixed the issue of players saying these zones are too difficult. When a player reaches level 70 he should have a somewhat decent "head start" at his boons and completion of these modules.

These modules were fun, these should be legitimate questing grounds as well. This will be MASSIVELY well received and a VERY good way of making these good player experiences again.

IceWind Dale and Well of Dragons now become the lvl 70+ zones with lvl 72+ mobs like it is now. Gear from Mod 1 and Mod 2 should be scaled to an appropriate level and viable "leveling gear"
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    PVP:

-Paladins are immortal and make their party immortal. The reason is they are able to build action points during a daily like DIVINE PROTECTOR and just spam it over and over again. Temp HP are over the top too.

-Hunter ranger: we lost the focus on them being primary strikers. Archery and combat are used by no one in pvp and pve due to the strong lack of damage and survivability.

- Guardian fighter: Their burst damage is out of control. Causes: double marks , into the frey and sometimes knight challenge.

PVE:

- Dungeon are too few and there is not going to be another one soon.
    - DAMAGE IS TOO HIGH. Being oneshotted should not be a think.
    - Drops do not exist hence no reason to farm them.
    - Bring back ways to farm ADs.

ITEMS:

- Feytouch is too strong. the bonus damage and debuff is multiplicative and has 100% uptime. Nerf it already
    - Elven battle is too strong. it just negates totally an important component in everyone builds: control. Some classes like HR o Oppressor CW only do that.
    - Soulforged should not be affected by healing depression

and more or less its all.
    Post edited by rayrdan on
  • ltgamesttv#0999 ltgamesttv Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,438 Arc User
    My main concern is PVP. Please consider making it so the Queue system only allows rainbow styled groups whether a "premade" group or a pug group, please don't stack multiples of the same class. It completely unbalances the matches when one team has two tank/nodeholder classes and the other team does not. If you don't force rainbow PVP then groups will simply pick the strongest class of a mod and stack it. It's not fun for anybody. (This may not be a bad idea for PVE as well forcing the use of all classes but that is an after thought and debatable). Thanks for your time.
    On ambush rings: "How would you like PVE if all the mobs were invisible?"

imgur pics don't work

• eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    1. Preventing Foundry Exploitation
    2. Worthwhile Foundry Experience & Rewards
    3. Leverage/Convert/Adapt Best Foundry Content into Official Skirmishes, Events, Content

Solution: "Earned Time Spent" - Preventing Foundry Exploitation
    • “Earned Time Spent” could accrue only every 20 seconds(?) following an experience Milestone (Objective Complete, or Encounter Complete, or Dialog Complete). Once per completion. An easy way to calculate this would be to deduct the previous milestone from the current time and only add a minimum time between milestones occurred:
      • Seconds = Current Time - Last Milestone
      • If Seconds > 20 then ...
        • Earned Time Spent = Earned Time Spent + 20
        • Last Milestone = Current Time
    • Loot & Experience “earned” could then be calculated/capped based on non-exploitable “Earned Time Spent.”
    ​​
    Post edited by eldarth on
This discussion has been closed.