test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Please remove piercing damage from Shocking Execution or...

Comments

• Options
    threnodicthrenodic Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    pando83 wrote: »
    Even so, green or not, shows higher damage.

Read what I said above very carefully to make sure you understand it, and then read this again: Shadowy Opportunity has since been nerfed, and it is the sole reason he was doing that much damage. In PvE gear with 20,000+ Power and First Strike on, the most we got Shocking to do was 85-90k. So yes, it's possible in very limited circumstances.

Nobody is ever going to do that much in PvP with Shocking Execution from a Trickster Rogue, ever again. With non-PvE gear (and including First Strike and a high level Vorpal), you do sub-60k with Shocking... and that's assuming you successfully land the daily against 6/8 classes that can dodge it, which include all the popular classes in the game.

Shocking does 45k on average, just as you were told before -- and 45k is not the 'majority' of someone's hit points.

If anything, this topic has definitively proven just how out of touch with the current game and its changes many of you are. The Shadowy Opportunity 'fix' was one of the hardest and most talked about nerfs in Mod 6. PLEASE do not propose changes to PvP -- especially for classes you don't play at all -- unless you PvP on a daily basis, and actually know what you're talking about.

I rest my case. Topic's over, just like I said before.

• Options
    zvieriszvieris Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    It's same for IBS, that high burst damage skill of GWF people complain about except that you need to stack many buffs before using IBS.

You are gonna hit 85k with one single button and not able to kill the enemy? I think you should consider deleting your character and leave the game for good. You can try facebook games, I heard people like them.

I already explained, first strike only does high damage at first strike.
    And you just complain SE with an encounter?

Who will get killed by this should consider deleting his character and leave the game for good

Minecraft is a decent game

Does that easy easy-kill TR love make you really blind or are you kidding with me? You are complaining about how your at-will's last hit can be dodged and I said how our best damage skill is same.

As for SE you still can't comprehend the fact that "WE CAN'T AVOID NO MATTER WHAT". You are saying first strike can only be used once in a fight? After first SE, opponent will already have like 15-20k dmg left and you don't need first strike for 2nd SE but I will be real kind, ok here I will give you a tip which will be really useful for you in your next fights, GO STEALTH AND WAIT FIRST STRIKE TO BE ACTIVATED BEFORE USING SE 2ND TIME. Don't tell anyone else, it's kind of a secret.

No, the first strike will be reactive unless you run out of battle.
    Not a news but I do know a way to reproc first strike again by quickly switch class feat.
    1st step, switch first strike with other feat, then 2nd step is switch another one with first strike.
    4 s+8 s CD after is a certain first strike

But these require extreme control ability and fast hands.
    But with same ability GWF can switch to leap and jump away from SE.

And gwf can use either leap or Avalanche of Steel to complete avoid se
    WE CAN'T AVOID NO MATTER WHAT is a badly lie

Do you have to slot an encounter or a daily that would otherwise be completely useless against any other class but GWF simply to evade IBS or savage advance? My guess is no. Go away TR fanboy.
  • Options
    threnodicthrenodic Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    zvieris wrote: »
    Do you have to slot an encounter or a daily that would otherwise be completely useless against any other class but GWF simply to evade IBS or savage advance? My guess is no. Go away TR fanboy.

So why would we slot a daily in Shocking that can regularly fail to hit 6/8 classes, on the same token? Any good player with sense in his head is going to attempt to dodge it, and many of them succeed.

Like I've said, this topic is a complete non-issue since the Shadowy nerf. The damage just isn't there anymore.

• Options
    pando83pando83 Member Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    First: thenodic, your 45k hit claim IS half or close to half of the enemy HPs. Players HP range from 90 to 100k, with rare bis whales going above 100k. So 50% of the enemy HP or 45% of the enemy HP FOR FREE undodgeable is a broken mechanic.
    Second: you have the option to slot 2 dailies. You get it? 2 dailies can be slotted. It's a long shot different from changing your whole rotation to slot leap and have a slight chance to dodge an otherwise 100% sure hit.

Guys, since it's so easy, post a video of you playing a GWF and dodging SE using leap and avalanche as a regular mechanic.

As thenodic said, who makes a claim must prove it. Now i claim <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> on your leap and avalanche daily are intended tools to dodge undodgeable piercing SE". Post a video of you playing a GWF and dodging SE regulary using those, or as thenodic said about damage "it's a lie". Works for both sides. Show us how works those "dodges" you talk about.

So far, your arguments are TR usual

"yes please, give me an easy mode mechanic that allows me to effortlessly deal big nukes/ dominate, just pressing a button and watching it pierce through the enemy defenses and defensive mechanics. Allow the enemy to have A CHANCE to avoid it on GWF (not on SW) if they change their whole rotation and are very skilled, while i press my button and take a nap".

Grow some of the skill you request from GWFs to just be able to fight back at you, and learn to play with skills instead of asking for easymode cheesy mechanics and then even more easymode cheesy mechanics.

Cause here YOU guys are the ones asking to keep a move that can pierce through all defenses, all mechanics, and the conventional shift dodges of 2 other classes, just pressing one button, asking for the enemy, on the other hand, to play tight and skillful to just have a chance to defend themselves, while being able to, on the other hand, defend, dodge and mitigate all the attacks those 2 classes can throw at you.

It's self explanatory, doesn't need further explanation really. You guys were clear enough. You want the above/ current status of the fight.

Now that you made this clear, let us discuss about how to fix the current situation for those who want skill-based gameplay and not a "press one button--->profit" fest.

• Options
    threnodic wrote: »
    Even so, green or not, shows higher damage.

Read what I said above very carefully to make sure you understand it, and then read this again: Shadowy Opportunity has since been nerfed, and it is the sole reason he was doing that much damage. In PvE gear with 20,000+ Power and First Strike on, the most we got Shocking to do was 85-90k. So yes, it's possible in very limited circumstances.

I rest my case. Topic's over, just like I said before.[/b][/size]

You said before it wasn't possible. Now it is "under limited circumstances".
    You can reach similar stats even in PvP gear. You know why? Cause TRs do not need to focus on defensive stats if they go sabo. Reason is they have semiperma-stealth-ITC_4 long roll immunities and still high deflect severity. It was another topic of discussion, the non-need for TRs to stack defense/ get tankier cause they already got all the immunities and tools to avoid damage 99% of the time.

So BiS players can, indeed, reach that level of damage. There's a video also of Grillz doing similar damage to Tyrion GWF in PvP. Reaching 60-70k is perfectly doable and it's free damage.

You ended the discussion as any other TR i talked to on forums, pretty much: the proofs are presented to you, the mechanic is blatantly unbalanced, but in the end you guys always "rest your case".

I take you would support the same mechanic if another class would be able to hit you for 45-60-70k or above through your dodges/ ITC/defenses, just pressing a button.
    But don't worry, we will give you the option to change your whole rotation and slot a useless encounter just have a chance, if you have good reflexes, to survive that hit.
  • Options
    aquamaxaquamax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12 Arc User
    O yeee ofc come on nerf execution again and let tr be dolls for bitten other classes... again. Go and f.yourself with such stupid advices.
  • Options
    aquamax wrote: »
    O yeee ofc come on nerf execution again and let tr be dolls for bitten other classes... again. Go and f.yourself with such stupid advices.

No. We said
    Make it respect tenacity like ALL other powers and classes do
    Allow gwfs and SW to be able to have a chance to dodge/ mitigate it with our shift instead of it ignoring our dodge mechanic.

TR answer was
    Oh noes, our free hit! Gtfo we want to just press a button and be sure to hit you gwfs/ sws.

When roar pierced your dodge you guys called for a fix cause 'wtf it is undodgeable'
    Now that you have a move that ignores our dodge you say 'eat this. Use a gap closing aoe power and change your whole rotation, use an aoe daily to survive, or die'.

Reality is, gwf/SW shift dr and unstoppable dr should mitigate and not get pierced, so, if you are so skill-less to actually drop your daily on an unstoppable gwf or shifting gwf/SW, you get punished.
    But no, you guys want to just press button----> profit.
    I mean, you guys are really supporting the fact that your daily goes through dodges and mechanics effortlessly.

It self-explains what kind of players you are.
  • Options
    kweassakweassa Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    A zillion times I says.
    Nothing unmitigable, undodgeable, inevitable in PvP
    Stop making excuses. Be a man.
    If you know something to be broken, stop using it.
    Otherwise, you've got no right to be speaking of 'balance.'
  • Options
    Thanks macjae...
    Other gwfs like ayroux and tyrion, with substantial pvp experience wrote at the start of module 6 the same things.
    There was a video of grillz shutting down tyrion with big se damage while 2v1ing him and a GF.
    But i suppose thenothic would discard them as not reliable experiences probably.

The core of this thread was to ask for one of the two, a removal of PD or give SW/TR a way to dodge it.

I'd make it respect tenacity and make SW/gwf shift dr on separate layer so it can be closer to a proper dodge while not being the same due to the longer immunity frames.

If needed the se damage can be buffed a bit, but it should respect pvp tenacity like all the damage sources, or ignore only a part of it (for example, the ARP resist part).
  • Options
    Now some 2k TR will come and call nonsense on you and ask for proofs roman.
    Same thing happened to me in a match. Sprinting to node, TR passes by and SE me for 95k+.
  • Options
    ralexinorralexinor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 576 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    threnodic wrote: »
    If anything, this topic has definitively proven just how out of touch with the current game and its changes many of you are. The Shadowy Opportunity 'fix' was one of the hardest and most talked about nerfs in Mod 6. PLEASE do not propose changes to PvP -- especially for classes you don't play at all -- unless you PvP on a daily basis, and actually know what you're talking about.

threnodic, after running into you yesterday, I could say the same to you. You don't know what you're talking about because your level of play is mediocre. You ran away from my SW yesterday, and you're running a very sub-optimal, ineffective build. Just because you and others from your guild struggle as TRs doesn't mean other TRs can't do the things other players have mentioned.

Shocking Execution needs to respect deflect, DR and Tenacity like every other class' dailies in the game. It can receive a small base damage buff to compensate, but will need to keep in mind that it should be buffed according to the damage it can do to squishy classes, not to tanky classes otherwise it will just oneshot squishies. But it does need to be mitigatible for classes like SW and GWF which rely on DR/sprint as their only method of reducing damage.

Honestly SE should just be changed to what it used to be, or something like GF's Anvil of Doom, where it does double damage under a certain HP threshold, such as 35%.
  • Options
    icyphishicyphish Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,255 Arc User
    Omg you got hit by some serious potato!
    Now some 2k TR will come and call nonsense on you and ask for proofs roman.
    Same thing happened to me in a match. Sprinting to node, TR passes by and SE me for 95k+.
    [img][/img]4d4b625e8289.png
    Those little pugs they don't bielive. The same coward hit SE 124k. Does it funny to you pugs???Give to my daily piercing i wanna see you crying river here after. Stup1d people.

icydrake%20avatar2_zpsg7rp0xti.jpg

Author of GWF Speed Demon PvP Build (Mod 11) <- Click to reveal the Speedy Beast! >:)
  • Options
    GranDGranD Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Piercing dmg need to be Changed or Reworked or How ever you wanna call,
    But something needs definitely happen, against this!
    <::::::[]==0 GwF 0==[]::::::> ● Still waiting for the promised Improvement ● xgrandz02

• Options
    zvieriszvieris Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    zvieris wrote: »
    It's same for IBS, that high burst damage skill of GWF people complain about except that you need to stack many buffs before using IBS.

You are gonna hit 85k with one single button and not able to kill the enemy? I think you should consider deleting your character and leave the game for good. You can try facebook games, I heard people like them.

I already explained, first strike only does high damage at first strike.
    And you just complain SE with an encounter?

Who will get killed by this should consider deleting his character and leave the game for good

Minecraft is a decent game

Does that easy easy-kill TR love make you really blind or are you kidding with me? You are complaining about how your at-will's last hit can be dodged and I said how our best damage skill is same.

As for SE you still can't comprehend the fact that "WE CAN'T AVOID NO MATTER WHAT". You are saying first strike can only be used once in a fight? After first SE, opponent will already have like 15-20k dmg left and you don't need first strike for 2nd SE but I will be real kind, ok here I will give you a tip which will be really useful for you in your next fights, GO STEALTH AND WAIT FIRST STRIKE TO BE ACTIVATED BEFORE USING SE 2ND TIME. Don't tell anyone else, it's kind of a secret.

No, the first strike will be reactive unless you run out of battle.
    Not a news but I do know a way to reproc first strike again by quickly switch class feat.
    1st step, switch first strike with other feat, then 2nd step is switch another one with first strike.
    4 s+8 s CD after is a certain first strike

But these require extreme control ability and fast hands.
    But with same ability GWF can switch to leap and jump away from SE.

And gwf can use either leap or Avalanche of Steel to complete avoid se
    WE CAN'T AVOID NO MATTER WHAT is a badly lie

First strike and se are useless for other class, its designed for beat your class.
    I never use them unless there are gwf around.
    Go away gwf fanboy.

Who is that one, refuse to switch power, use same combination and wish an easy keyboard smashing game?

Lol

Riiigh. Because you can't daze anyone with shadowstrike (or any other daze for that matter) and then get a free hit on any class with SE and nearly (or fully) one shot 'em, right? Just stop embarrassing yourself, scrub.
  • Options
    Who is that one, refuse to switch power, use same combination and wish an easy keyboard smashing game?

Lol

Says the guy defending a mechanic that allows a player to press one button and hit through every defense+dodge mechanic+unstoppable mechanic of another class.

Just like shadow opportunity, expect this thing to get a fix.

SE being undodgeable is not a balanced mechanic, no matter how much you want easy-button mashing mechanics on your TR class.

And Leap/ avalanche are not designed to be used as a dodge to compensate a broken mechanic.

Also: post a video of you, or one of your friends using leap/avalanche during a real fight, in a real match, to dodge SE. Or just stop embarassing yourselves with such stretched logic where you can press one button and profit, and the enemy must use a different rotation and a very skill-requiring mechanic (double tap in less than one second, keeping lag into account, to leap exactly when SE hits during a fight), plus nerf his own damage, just to survive your "press button and profit" mechanic.

Meh you guys...

• Options

I really tied on this you know? Could you stop this Bs?

" a player to press one button and hit through every defense+dodge mechanic+unstoppable mechanic of another class."
    Only Gwf and sw has the Dodge problem, not working on 6 other classes. And its not a easy button stuff, far more difficult than you think to calculate time while you smashing your keyboard. Seriously, is gwf not smashing keyboard and profit class?

Fail to use power to against it, is not my problem. Even gwf players post in this thread said they can do it.
    So your logic is "it is broken because i can't avoid it?"

I never judge ppl by item level, but even for 2600 gwf cannot be easily 1 shotted from 2600 tr.
    Because the power they have cannot have 60k crit even with first strike.

Remember, Tr's fighting style is not continue output damage like you, its designed to do like this way. You cant expect a game that every class standing there smashing keyboard to each other till one of them died.

I'm tired to you know.

"Only GWFs and Sws have the dodge problem".
    And in fact, we are discussing SW andf GWF. You saying "but CW can dodge!!" is nonsense cause yes, we're discussing the fact that GWF and SW shift mechanic should affect SE and not get pierced by it as if it's nothing.
    Did you guys complained when Roar was piercing your dodge and ITC mechanic? Yes. A lot. It's the same. Exact same thing.

No, GWF is not smash keyboard and profit class. You know why? Basic lesson of PvP mechanic.
    GWF enters fight. Has no real damage until he goes unstoppable. Must stay in range and hit enemy to build 10 stacks in 4-8 seconds. After that can rotate but:

Must aim his hits
    Must time his hits
    Must dose sprint to both close gap and defend

IF THE GWF, READ CAREFULLY, FAILS AT USING IBS/RS/SURE STRIKE IN RANGE, HIS HITS MISS AND GO ON COOLDOWN (EXCEPT SURE STRIKE). IF THE GWF HITS WHEN THE ENEMY IS DODGING, OR FAILS AT TIMING HIS POWERS RIGHT, HE DEALS ZERO DAMAGE. ZERO. NADA. IN THE MEANWHILE, HE GETS DAMAGE FROM YOU SPAMMING AT WILL WITH PASSIVE PIERCING DAMAGE FROM RANGE.
    WHEN YOU GO STEALTH, THE GWF MUST PREDICT WHERE YOU ARE WHILE YOU PACEFULLY KEEP HITTING HIM FROM STEALTH AND RANGE.

Button smashing button? You know nothing about the class.

Also: meet in game/ make a video, as i said, of you with a GWF, or one of the guys you say claimed they used avalanche/leap to dodge SE, doing it DURING A REAL BATTLE/ FIGHT.
    Cause all i see are words vs facts.

Also, attacks are meant to be dodged through DODGE MECHANICS. Are you asked to slot a useless power to use it as a dodge, or time your daily with the enemy daily to survive a piercing hit? No. You use your dodge.

But you ask to GWFs to use a power, or a daily, WITH THE SOLE PURPOSE TO DODGE A PIERCING DAILY.

I will not reply to you or other similar posts anymore cause you guys have not the slightest sense of balance, you also talk about other players trying to get "button smashing mechanics" when we are asking to have a working dodge to have a chance to TIME our dodge to avoid a big hit like any other class does, while you are asking to keep a mechanic that allows you to press one button and hit 100% through our dodge mechanic.

Really, it's not funny anymore, even other TRs told you SE needs a fix and is unfair vs GWF/SW. Won't reply to your nonsense anymore.
  • Options
    burkaancburkaanc Member Posts: 2,186 Arc User
    Piercing damage should stay - its needed to hit tanks hard enough, normal damage would either deal too much to squishies and ok dmg for tanks, or deal ok dmg to squishies, but be useless vs tanks

the damage should be reworked to either a flat % of targets max hp, or smth like 50~75% of targets missing hp - making it a true execution, but the skill should be unaffected by crits or any damage boosts and it should be easier to evade by moving
    Paladin Master Race
  • Options
    lilhamletlilhamlet Member Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    I wonder if all this can be solved by making the DR from Unstoppable and Shadowslip into Damage Resistance that can't be mitigated. To be honest, if they don't get invulnerability frames, it should be at LEAST this since most classes with dodge mechanics are guaranteed no damage during the animation and about a second after (HR is the odd one out of the dodges because their dodges are so short, the i-frames are unreliable).

I've got less issue with piercing damage since SO has been fixed, and major damage is only coming from a daily, but if some classes are not to have i-frames, at least guaranteed DR should apply during their defense feature.

To be clear, I play a DC(DO), HR(SW), TR(WK). So I say the above without any personal benefit, but rather in the hopes of balance.

Just because you are guaranteed to decimate only 2 of 8 classes does not make the power suddenly balanced.

Edit: mistakenly put sprint in for unstoppable. It's odd that GWF has its defensive mechanic split into 2 things.
    Post edited by lilhamlet on
This discussion has been closed.