test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Paladin - Divine Protector daily needs a huge tonedown.

teribad15teribad15 Member Posts: 1,092 Arc User
Whose idea was that to make such a daily that make entire party immortal for 20 sec on top of that paladin gains AP while under effect of the daily so the Divine Protector has nearly 90% uptime means 90% of the fight paladin and hes party is unkillable this daily must be toneddown quickly atm paladins ruin the pvp making entire team immortal with this spammable daily.

Comments

• Options
    martianmnhuntermartianmnhunter Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 236 Arc User
    I completely agree.

We already have only 2 maps, 3 nodes each, and a pally basically limits the game to 2 nodes, because wherever he goes it's impossible to kill.

Not to mention Divine protector has insane range on his teammates and keeps link through walls and platforms, simply ridiculous.
  • Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    it should not be able to gain ap during the daily of course. like everyone else
  • Options
    drfattdrfatt Member Posts: 31
    It's normal for a protection paladin to be able to protect his/her party. Divine protection is not a problem for well geared and organized pvp party. Cutting skills from the paladins and gimping them further is not the answer, paladins are not supposed to be single-handled by any class, including TR's with their bugged piercing dmg. If you want to kill pallys, learn to play first and stop whining.
    "All ppl complaining about paladins being immortals are undergeared players, who are thinking like young hussar officers - they want to slice the enemy with few hits and then to go for a drink."
  • Options
    burkaancburkaanc Member Posts: 2,186 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    aaaand again morons want to ruin a class in pve for pvp, as if being unable to kill anything with at least half a brain wasnt enough

im willing to trade protector for dealing 2 or 3x more damage, so paladins could at least get close to any other class in terms of damage
    Post edited by burkaanc on
    Paladin Master Race
  • Options
    zvieriszvieris Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    Imho, allies should be unable to heal when under the effect of Divine Protector. Else it's just gamebreaking.
  • Options
    quspivquspiv Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,087 Arc User
    Once you give PP (protection paladin) burst dmg of GF you can tune it down, until then it would only cause more problems.

It doesnt have 90% uptime, unless you got mythical DC sigil or cleric babysiting you with the bugged shield.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    quspiv wrote: »
    Once you give PP (protection paladin) burst dmg of GF you can tune it down, until then it would only cause more problems.

It doesnt have 90% uptime, unless you got mythical DC sigil or cleric babysiting you with the bugged shield.

Mythical DC sigil is a rather a low requirement to be invincible 90% of the time and make your allies so.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    doublepost
  • Options
    zvieris wrote: »

Mythical DC sigil is a rather a low requirement to be invincible 90% of the time and make your allies so.
    zvieris wrote: »

Paladin itself isn't immortal (he just take reduced dmg and intercept 100% dmg taken from allies) You can easily prevent Paladin from using it if you have good Controller (you cant activate the daily if you're cc'ed)
  • Options
    martianmnhuntermartianmnhunter Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 236 Arc User
    Paladin itself isn't immortal (he just take reduced dmg and intercept 100% dmg taken from allies) You can easily prevent Paladin from using it if you have good Controller (you cant activate the daily if you're cc'ed)

You must be the greatest player ever
  • Options
    teribad15 wrote: »
    drfatt wrote: »
    TR piercing dmg got toneddown
    No, it is not. TR's are still able to penetrate heavy paladin's armor like paper. Few hits and the pally is down. Well geared and experienced CW or HR can easily kill a paladin with perma silence and bugged armor penetration and tenacity is unable to prevent that. I know, the biggest dream of any TR or CW is to one-shot any other class. The main role of the paladin is to stay alive and to be hard to kill and you want to prevent it from it? How about deleting the entire class?
    "All ppl complaining about paladins being immortals are undergeared players, who are thinking like young hussar officers - they want to slice the enemy with few hits and then to go for a drink."
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    not even talking about wheels artifact that allows any dps class to simply delete paladin unless he has divine protector available
    Paladin Master Race
  • Options
    rversantrversant Member Posts: 896 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I've spent a lot of time on my paladin lately, both PvP and PvE. and I have the same concerns.

Paladin can effectively be near - immortal in PvP even without DP, and with DP his party gets the same benefit.

The idea of toning its duration down might help, but making it ~half as effective~ in PvP might be a better fix for people too not whine about PvE being ruined.

That being said, increase paladin at will damage a bit too quell the QQ.

Frankly I'm fine with how paladin works, they're the tankiest class by far, lowest damage by far, and it takes co-ordination too really kill them.

Other things I think need a tone-down / Tune-up on them though, after playing my paladin almost exclusively for a while now.

Binding Oath - If you pop this when its still active, the current damage should burst on you right away before the buff it reapplied. This is more of a PvP thing, but I don't think the intention was for it too do what it does atm.

Lay on Hands - Needs a longer cast time. or too be a HoT affect. While I love the hilarity of being on 1k health with 10k Temp hp, and having someone try their hardest to finish me only for me to pop LoH and be 100% again. its not fun for the other player, and when used against me its not fun either. PvE also its kinda insane when you can insta 100% anyone you want.

Divine Judgement - Toned down too much, needs at least 25% more back or so.

Smite - Increase range just a little bit. so it doesn't look <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> if they take one step away and you cant cast it anymore.

Circle of power - While really good, I find a lot of people don't really use this that much because it looks to be self-buff only. Maybe let it affect allies 10% per rank
    People are way too negative, Why cant we just all get along.

Drunken Goose of MidNight Express. - 3.3k Paladin , 3.6k GWF , 3.1k GF,
  • Options
    emilemoemilemo Member Posts: 1,718 Arc User
    The topic of this thread and the opening post are basically bla bla bla bla
    Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream.
    Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, Life is but a dream.
  • Options
    So many Paladins have the TR god-complex now and still want to nerf TR, it is sooo funny. They sound exactly the same as the TRs-nerf them, not me.
    75k dmg AFTER the mitigation on a pally with 50% dmg resist + 40% from tenacity + 60% AP resist and you called it "god complex"? I'm calling it "exploit" and it have to be fixed asap.
  • Options
    imho balance is somewhat decent, if you dont count SW, though i have seen some sw that kick serious <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>
    Paladin Master Race
  • Options
    clonkyo1 wrote: »

ROFLMAO!!!!!!! Then, the solution for both S.O. was not fixing it, but control TR until you kill it. Right?? That way, that TR will not deal any Piercing Damage... nice to know. :)

Paladin doesnt have stealth and nor ITC, so it's a lot easier to control it.
  • Options
    castethcasteth Member Posts: 102 Arc User
    OK, im paladin, i think im in top 10 paladin actually.

So, paladin are immortal? on 1 vs 1? kind of, and we are not supposed to die on 1 vs 1.

Now, i know some cw, gwf, gf, who can kill me on 1 vs 1 ( they can, it dosent mean they will )

Any good Tr knows that a whisper kife could kill any paladin on 1 vs 1, but wont change to not loose ITC.

Any good player knows that on 1 vs 1 vs a paladin, his job will not be to kill him, but to make him wasting his time

Any good Paladin knows that on pvp his job will be to be alone on a node, so will not use this daily that you want to nerf

Any smart people will not ask to nerf that skill because its absolutly usefull in dungeon

"Not to mention Divine protector has insane range on his teammates

Not from node to node

and keeps link through walls and platforms, simply ridiculous."

wrong, i have to see my teammates when i cast it, if there's a wall between us, it will not work ( and there are not much wall on pvp )

"You know you are making excuses to defend a broken mechanic... right?"

always the same sentences, does it make you feeling better? the mechanic isent broken, some people have learnt about how fighting a paladin, most people didnt.

• Options
    emilemoemilemo Member Posts: 1,718 Arc User
    casteth wrote: »
    OK, im paladin, i think im in top 10 paladin actually.

So, paladin are immortal? on 1 vs 1? kind of, and we are not supposed to die on 1 vs 1.

Now, i know some cw, gwf, gf, who can kill me on 1 vs 1 ( they can, it dosent mean they will )

Any good Tr knows that a whisper kife could kill any paladin on 1 vs 1, but wont change to not loose ITC.

Any good player knows that on 1 vs 1 vs a paladin, his job will not be to kill him, but to make him wasting his time

Any good Paladin knows that on pvp his job will be to be alone on a node, so will not use this daily that you want to nerf

Any smart people will not ask to nerf that skill because its absolutly usefull in dungeon

"Not to mention Divine protector has insane range on his teammates

Not from node to node

and keeps link through walls and platforms, simply ridiculous."

wrong, i have to see my teammates when i cast it, if there's a wall between us, it will not work ( and there are not much wall on pvp )

"You know you are making excuses to defend a broken mechanic... right?"

always the same sentences, does it make you feeling better? the mechanic isent broken, some people have learnt about how fighting a paladin, most people didnt.

This guy pretty much covered it all. Read it and think
    Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream.
    Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, Life is but a dream.
  • Options
    icyphishicyphish Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,255 Arc User
    What, you mean GWF can actually consistently kill BiS OP in 1 vs 1? Please name one GWF that can do that because I have not met any....
    icydrake%20avatar2_zpsg7rp0xti.jpg

Author of GWF Speed Demon PvP Build (Mod 11) <- Click to reveal the Speedy Beast! >:)
  • Options
    Lia Knowles...
  • Options
    kweassakweassa Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    The problem is not the OPal himself is immortal. The problem is he makes all his teammates immortal as well, and the time is much too long. Just throw down all your biases or what class you play and please think from a balance perspective, in regards to the reality that is PvP now.

In most cases anyone who is at least geared to competent levels has his AP neck artifact upto Legendary. They gain full AP every 75 seconds even if they don't fire off a single power as long as within combat, and nowadays people with at least basic levels of combat setup can shorten the time required to full AP in under 30 seconds.

It's just a dumb, bland, make-believe-pretend fighting in the mid node when both sides are prepared with OP-DC combos where everybody floats the "0 - 0 - 0 - 0 - 0- 0- 0- 0- 0..." all day long, with both sides spamming the scene with dailies along the way every 30 sec intervals.

Is that really the PvP you people think "fun"?

Even it comes down to 1v1 situations, I've actually made the effort to create a total-CC centered build to CC OPals and DCs nonstop to help the rest of my team focus it down, with quite notable success. Now, after a few weeks, I'm actually seeing them ready with Transcendent Elven Battle... now, in this case, nothing works.

- You can't one-shot them
    - You can't outdamage their heals.
    - There's no way to neutralizes their buffs since the game's debuffs are so weak
    - Now, with T.E.B., you can't even CC them.

The end result? Not only are they unkillable 1v1, they're now unkillable 5 v 1. In GG, if you have a DC-OP together, you can't kill them 6~7 v 2. Not only are the 2 unkillable, but those 2 make every player around them near unkillable as well. The only people who die are those with so insufficient and low IL (like fresh level 70s), and even these are tough to take down unless you 1-shot them.

Is this really the PvP you think is right? Dunno about you guys, but not me.

Let me put it in another way that any of you might understand.

Imagine a Sabo/MI TR, unkillable, undetectable, so long as it does not take any risks. Cool. It's unkillable. Now, imagine this Sabo/MI TR has an AOE STEALTH BUFF that it casts and makes everyone affected by it go into invisibility for 20 seconds.

Do you think something like this is tolerable? If the OPal makes his team gain a 20-sec immunity, and you think that's OK, then there's no reason why an unkillable TR should not be making his own teammates unkillable in much the same way, no?
    Stop making excuses. Be a man.
    If you know something to be broken, stop using it.
    Otherwise, you've got no right to be speaking of 'balance.'
  • Options
    How do you expect to kill paladin, when you're undergeared? With bravery? JUST STACK SOME STONES!