test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Paladin - Divine Protector daily needs a huge tonedown.

12346»

Comments

• Options
    kweassakweassa Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    The Neverwinter PvP experience has been " poor, disgusting and just-not-fun for everyone " since forever. It really started to get bad after Tenacity. The gap grew.

For sure, there are moments of ups and downs, that much is true, but that's hardly an appropriate excuse for just taking the status quo as simply granted -- especially when it involves problems concerning one's own class. There's no such thing as a single fix that ends all balance problems. Hence its a constant struggle for both the developers and gamers. Both sides have a duty to each other, in which case our duty is to help them make decisions towards what kind of changes could make things more fun.

Unless, of course, if you truly think that there's nothing wrong with multi-Paladin teams in domination winning against other decent group of players without even breaking a sweat by sending a paladin each to a node. In that case, I rest my case. I'd might have thought one could be damaged and biased, but I've never thought one could go so low as down to simply close one's eyes, look the other way, and repeat flacid excuses for something so obviously broken.

Its nothing new and the able PVPers are already moving on&beating Paladins in Doms. How many chronic complainers here are confirmed BiS? There is the one purple lizard but he's a forum troll anyway. Who else? I've met a near BiS SW who was extremely close to taking out my BO using 3k PVP Protection Paladin, he didnt kill me solo but I sure as hell didnt kill him either. A SW! of all classes. You people really should ltp

And maybe you should consider the possibility that you're not all that well-learned in the arts of the paladin, to be representative of anything concerning what they're capable of, seeing how you were 'almost killed' by a SW. Because if you go down that road, trying to discredit others which have clearly beaten you in logic, in regards to balance, by questioning the "l2P", then two can play that game.

PS: Oh man I forget you're a CW. Complaining is your life's blood

Beats the living heck out of hiding behind a shield and deflecting questions concerning balance. Turtling up and waiting it out until everything goes quiet -- that's the predicament of your kind, isn't it?

(Not to mention I'm a TR main, and have never flinched away from admitting the problems of my own class, unlike some turtles I know. To me, my class is "balance" and my predicament is to have a fun game with everyone. Not hide behind a broken class and make krap excuses for it. )

Stop making excuses. Be a man.
    If you know something to be broken, stop using it.
    Otherwise, you've got no right to be speaking of 'balance.'
  • Options
    pherrowpherrow Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 414 Arc User
    " model.

PS: "Healthy community"...in Neverwinter.. and this coming from a PVP guild member.. priceless

So PvP guilds shouldn't care about the health of the community? Does this mean I shouldn't be nice to folks in dom anymore, I shouldn't buy random people gear even though they clearly need it? Just let me know man 'cause if I have been wasting my time showing sportsmanship in pvp, I can stop. I'll give up the consideration of a real person on the other end of a keyboard.

Clearly people like you know EVERYTHING about EVERYONE in every pvp guild without actually being in one (seems that way, at least.)

And for the on topic bit...the examples you give of yourself in regards to whether or not Pali are immortal are useless. You (and your build) are not the single determining factor. Clearly you need a sensei to show you the way because other folks are doing it right.

• Options
    edited July 2015
    casteth wrote: »
    Remember, a paladin get AP when he heals ( not much )/ deals damage, if you stun him, he can't hit you, he can't get AP, he can't make any shield, he's dead.

Remember, a single piece of armour enchantment lifts a nice, thick, middle finger against your carefully planned, crafted, perfected CC machine and just becomes an immortal that has no weaknesses.

• Options
    icyphishicyphish Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,255 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    kweassa wrote: »
    casteth wrote: »
    Remember, a paladin get AP when he heals ( not much )/ deals damage, if you stun him, he can't hit you, he can't get AP, he can't make any shield, he's dead.

Remember, a single piece of armour enchantment lifts a nice, thick, middle finger against your carefully planned, crafted, perfected CC machine and just becomes an immortal that has no weaknesses.

I stopped arguing with him long ago, cus non-bis OP wont be able to understand how much diff it makes. Just like GWF, being BiS makes huge diff, and the moderately geared ones, are still easy kill. Not to mention, he words it asif we can use CC at will to lockup his skills, the fact is, most of the classes only has very limited CC power, or if they choose more CC power, then they wont have enough damage to bring down the OP, obviously he doesn't understand that, peace out bro. :)
    icydrake%20avatar2_zpsg7rp0xti.jpg

Author of GWF Speed Demon PvP Build (Mod 11) <- Click to reveal the Speedy Beast! >:)
  • Options
    icyphish wrote: »

I stopped arguing with him long ago, cus non-bis OP wont be able to understand how much diff it makes. Just like GWF, being BiS makes huge diff, and the moderately geared ones, are still easy kill. Not to mention, he words it asif we can use CC at will to lockup his skills, the fact is, most of the classes only has very limited CC power, or if they choose more CC power, then they wont have enough damage to bring down the OP, obviously he doesn't understand that, peace out bro. :)

Ayyyy.... caramba...

"Cuiusvis hominis est errare, nullius nisi insipientis in errore perseverare"