What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

One shot by Paladin in PvP

Comments

• Options
    zvieriszvieris Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    yeah no totally not a 1hk. totally. 300k isnt a 1hk right? they do have multiple dazes if you have a feated offhand i believe it is that lets you daze continuously.

And what if the pala from the screenshot was using 3 buff encounters just for that which doubles the damage? What if he the target was heavily debuffed? What if this was a lvl 60-69 pvp with heavily scaling weapons? There are a lot of what-ifs there.

Nevertheless, you should really learn to read. I stated that the daze from the off-hand does not give any visual cue for the Paladin. How is he supposed to know when should he use DJ? Guess? For **** sake, use your head.
  • Options
    lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    casteth wrote: »
    who told you to kill her? you know you can't just make her waste her time with you....

Had I known what the outcome would be I certainly would not have bothered with her. I do now though. Lesson learned thanks!
    btw, about queen b, i was in her team yesterday, sadly i have been disconnected so i've been banned for 30 min ( and im sorry about that, thx cryptic ) but trust me, she died too..

Jeez great, that right there makes me feel so much better :p
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • Options
    marnivalmarnival Member Posts: 1,432 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    zvieris wrote: »
    Because palas can spam dailies due to some bugged feat interaction is not an argument to nerf a daily.

Yes it actually do and it is a very good one.

No other daily hits so hard and with dc arti it can be up every 1 min which in itself demand a nerf.
    Now several different abilitys hasten artifact cooldown of which one happens to be used by yea thats right PALS.

So yes because PAL can spam dailys that 1 shot people to the right and left and at the same time be tankier then dcs due to temp hp+damage reducing ablititys it DOES give the exelent argument for adjusting DAILY for single target damage.

Keep it against several targets no biggie but cap the damage against 1 target as it is now the balance is way of.
  • Options
    blackxxwolf3blackxxwolf3 Member Posts: 1,539 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    And what if the pala from the screenshot was using 3 buff encounters just for that which doubles the damage? What if he the target was heavily debuffed? What if this was a lvl 60-69 pvp with heavily scaling weapons? There are a lot of what-ifs there.

Nevertheless, you should really learn to read. I stated that the daze from the off-hand does not give any visual cue for the Paladin. How is he supposed to know when should he use DJ? Guess? For **** sake, use your head.

yeah im sure its sooo hard to figure it out right? when your target stops moving and doing anything at all right?
  • Options
    ravenanravenan Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    You can always use active artifacts which stun or prone. Ah... nvm im outa here, to tired to write the same thing all over again..
    Main : GF - Lord Kruk
    Steel and Magic
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    yeah im sure its sooo hard to figure it out right? when your target stops moving and doing anything at all right?

It's a daze, not a stun, not a prone. And it's affected by CC resist and tenacity. Just how ignorant are you really?
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    The Daze thing will be fixed. I grew tired of you people on the " nerf TRs " threads. People who cant distinguish between the different specs and just speak for the class in general. If you want to be taken seriously at least make the effort to know what you're talking about. My Protection Paladin can only daze with a slow charging aoe skill called Burning Light and good luck trying to use it in PVP.

good thing i wasnt one of those people. i played a tr throughout mod 5.even i knew executioner had a problem with double proc and how it did too much damage.and you can daze with the off hand bonus learn your facts before you start assuming things.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    It's a daze, not a stun, not a prone. And it's affected by CC resist and tenacity. Just how ignorant are you really?

yup its a daze which stops the target from dodging. its like im talking to a brick wall. im done i cant handle the stupidity im seeing.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    yup its a daze which stops the target from dodging. its like im talking to a brick wall. im done i cant handle the stupidity im seeing.
    You're the brick wall unable to understand that the Paladin DOESN'T get the memo when an enemy is dazed. Even if the Paladin did notice it (very unlikely) then it's still only half a second long daze vs players with some tenacity on. And DJ animation is over a second long.

****ing unbelievable.
  • Options
    castethcasteth Member Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    which class isn't OP for some kind of reason?

If you all were talking about a bug that makes Paladin too strong, i would not answer because you would be right, the fact is actually that you are not able to deal with a paladin, you don't know the mechanic of this class.

When i read they have no disatvantage it makes me laugh, i will not explain to you all why you are losing versus them, or why you are not able to kill them, there is a way to do it, but you don't wanna change your precious skill which work against the other class and not against paladin

You are talking about DJ, but excepting Sw who can just pray to not die ( with deflection ) while EVERYONE can dodge or EXTREMELY minimize damage, i kill most of player without it because players are stupid to attack me always with same attack and get damage back.

You talk about stun? yes, with right hand we can stun a lot for 1 sec, tell me, who can't stun here? Cw? Hr? Tr? Gwf? Gf? tell me which class isnt able to do it ( i saw with artifact, well, everyone can use artifact , no?)

Which attack skill do we have? excepting DJ and 2 encounter? ohhh yeah!! it's a tank, not supposed to have attack? let's talk about Gf then? Paladin's encounter are as stronger as some at-will from other classes

Paladin are immortal? do you know how are we doing our shield? how long to reset it? how it works? seems not

DJ Hit too hard? maybe it's time for YOU ALL to think about changing something in your build ( like having more defense instead of having all for attack? (yes, you can) )
    99% player are playing pvp in mod6 like they were playing on mod5, paladins don't have that matter.

Last, tell me how many paladin did you met? how many 1 shooted you? and tell me what are your gears too, and the paladin's gears that 1 shooted you.

Enough.
  • Options
    anesadinganesading Member Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Paladins are boring to play and boring to fight. Little skill needed, if you are in pvp and the whole team is targeting you over and over you just keep saving your healing daily to heal yourself back to full. Stacking radiants in defense slot and just keep spamming the healing daily. They start to bully your cleric? oh just heal the cleric back to full aswell, if not with encounters then with daily.

This class is worse then Mod 4 hrs. Worse than the stormstep action bug with forest ghost and worse than profound set bonus having no cooldown.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    anesading wrote: »
    This class is worse then Mod 4 hrs. Worse than the stormstep action bug with forest ghost and worse than profound set bonus having no cooldown.

Don't you mean Mod 3 HRs? As all those things you mentioned were gone in Mod 4.
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    which class isn't OP for some kind of reason?

An argument called deflection used as distraction that other wrongs makes my wrong right.
    Simply put a non argument made to make you look elsewhere in this case it can be answered with SW and HR I would even include GWF in non OP classes.

If you all were talking about a bug that makes Paladin too strong, i would not answer because you would be right, the fact is actually that you are not able to deal with a paladin, you don't know the mechanic of this class.
    This is called validation dissmissive argument. Now you say that those that have problem with Paladins does so becuase of lack of understanding the core mechanics of the Paladin class. Once again its VERY HARD TO MISS THE CORE MECHANICS IN A DAILY ONE SHOTTING PEOPLE.
    The first part of that sentence is partly denial when you say that any claims if they where valid they give them right but as they are at fault they are of no concern- pure bull-shiat aimed and confusing reader.

You are talking about DJ, but excepting Sw who can just pray to not die ( with deflection ) while EVERYONE can dodge or EXTREMELY minimize damage, i kill most of player without it because players are stupid to attack me always with same attack and get damage back.
    2 Arguments here one that it does not matter if your daily 1 shots because you can kill them any way and 2nd once again you refere to that it can be avoided.

Both argument has no bearing what so ever to why a Pal should have such a strong daily and refering to that people are stupid and die any way might not be the strongest or smartes argument you can through at people in a open thread!!

You talk about stun? yes, with right hand we can stun a lot for 1 sec, tell me, who can't stun here? Cw? Hr? Tr? Gwf? Gf? tell me which class isnt able to do it ( i saw with artifact, well, everyone can use artifact , no?)

Same old storry evasive argumentation simply point in an other direction1 screaming loud and clear LOOK AT THEM, also with an argument that really dont matter as you can target other cced targets.

Which attack skill do we have? excepting DJ and 2 encounter? ohhh yeah!! it's a tank, not supposed to have attack? let's talk about Gf then?Paladin's encounter are as stronger as some at-will from other classes

Evasive argumentation again your good at that. Gf do not have 1 ability that can hit as hard as pals daily they have a chain though even if it short it can be interupted by both target and others.
    Now it is unclear what you refer to when you say Paladin's encounter are as stronger as some at-will from other classes but that is so for many classes like Hr for example. Pal encounters should not be compared to striker classes like Tr or heavy hitting classes like destroy GWF so the comparison beside the point also.

Paladin are immortal? do you know how are we doing our shield? how long to reset it? how it works? seems not
    As i have a paladin and many here with me we do know. But daily if you use it is only a part of that problem Temp hp and rapid healing is another.

Pal will only become immortal with another pal or righ build dc never alone but sure tanky enough that a 1 shot daily every 1 min is way out of hand.

Last, tell me how many paladin did you met? how many 1 shooted you? and tell me what are your gears too, and the paladin's gears that 1 shooted you.

I have faced 3 so far my gs is 3.597 hp 99k full negaion with transc holy avenger 45% deflect and a ****load of resist with buffs up and <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> without....
  • Options
    castethcasteth Member Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    well, all is about a point of view, you have yours, i have mine ( and yes, i also have other char, so i know how to counter them ) and i won't preach to the choir anymore :)

( sorry if my english is unclear, i try to not make mistake but i can only use it there, and i learnt it by myself.. )
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    well, all is about a point of view, you have yours, i have mine ( and yes, i also have other char, so i know how to counter them ) and i won't preach to the choir anymore :)

( sorry if my english is unclear, i try to not make mistake but i can only use it there, and i learnt it by myself.. )

This is an international forum and not a spelling contest or grammatic correction facility, there is np with understanding what you write.
  • Options
    ucanthandleucanthandle Member Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I really do not see the big problem with DJ. I have a 70 of every class and do not see it as more overpowered than other classes. There are several flaws with peoples arguments about DJ.

The first is that it one shots people. Yes it can, but so can Shocking execution (cannot be stopped and extremely difficult to dodge since usually done from stealth), an ice knife, geared gwf ibs (have hit over 100k several times on players and is just an encounter). So paladin is not the only class that can one shot. TR can do from stealth, cw can set up cc to land ik as can a gwf. Paladin cc is pathetic compared to those classes in pvp. So with its long cast time its easy to dodge.

When people give the response that paladin daily is easy to dodge they typical response is "they will just target someone else who has been cc." Now you are bringing group strategy into play. If they have someone with them, you should have someone with you. If the person is near you the daily will not one shot you. The damage is split between targets. If you mean someone else cc you and the paladin one shots you with a daily and you are alone nothing is wrong with that. 2v1 a person should die. Go against 2 of most any class with a daily up and you will most likely die.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    lirithiel wrote: »
    Don't you mean Mod 3 HRs? As all those things you mentioned were gone in Mod 4.
    Yes that's right I forgot :) thanks for the correction.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    I really do not see the big problem with DJ. I have a 70 of every class and do not see it as more overpowered than other classes. There are several flaws with peoples arguments about DJ.

The first is that it one shots people. Yes it can, but so can Shocking execution (cannot be stopped and extremely difficult to dodge since usually done from stealth), an ice knife, geared gwf ibs (have hit over 100k several times on players and is just an encounter). So paladin is not the only class that can one shot. TR can do from stealth, cw can set up cc to land ik as can a gwf. Paladin cc is pathetic compared to those classes in pvp. So with its long cast time its easy to dodge.

When people give the response that paladin daily is easy to dodge they typical response is "they will just target someone else who has been cc." Now you are bringing group strategy into play. If they have someone with them, you should have someone with you. If the person is near you the daily will not one shot you. The damage is split between targets. If you mean someone else cc you and the paladin one shots you with a daily and you are alone nothing is wrong with that. 2v1 a person should die. Go against 2 of most any class with a daily up and you will most likely die.

Let us put it like this then as you also like to engage in LOOK they HAVE not what i have arguments.

As it is now Pal has THEE HARDEST HITTING DAILY IN THE GAME that are capable of 1 SHOTTING ANYTHING INCLUDING TANKY DCS and excluding other pals and maby some extremely tanky gfs.

Now being able to do this every 20 sec or at least every 1 min with dc artifact while being the TANKIEST CLASS INGAME would it be better balanced if it would be toned down a bit as a single target ability YES or NO.

Let me answer that for you in case you suffer from the i want it all syndrom that is so common among classes with OP-BROKEN abilitys-
    YES because pal is a tank not a killer mkay..

Logic has it that some sort of scale when it comes to kill-survive should not be to inbalanced then you get another Tr class we do not want that.......
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    I don't even care about the dps daily, I dodge it most of the time and have enough of an hp pool to cushion the blow. It's everything else that's a problem, it should not be that immortal.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    marnival wrote: »
    Let us put it like this then as you also like to engage in LOOK they HAVE not what i have arguments.

As it is now Pal has THEE HARDEST HITTING DAILY IN THE GAME that are capable of 1 SHOTTING ANYTHING INCLUDING TANKY DCS and excluding other pals and maby some extremely tanky gfs.
    That's debatable. Most of the time Shocking Execution hits harder, especially against well geared players. Because you know, 100% crit rate from stealth, ignores DR, deflect, tenacity.

Oh and BTW, CWs can facetank DJ.
    Right... Take a look at GFs who hit harder with their at-wills than Paladins do with with their encounters. They're tanks, not killers, right? Then why can they 1 rotation pretty much any class now?

Now take away this one daily and what do Palies have left for damage dealing? A big round nothing. I'm being serious here. Paladin's offensive encounters are p a t h e t i c.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    That's debatable. Most of the time Shocking Execution hits harder, especially against well geared players. Because you know, 100% crit rate from stealth, ignores DR, deflect, tenacity.

Right... Take a look at GFs who hit harder with their at-wills than Paladins do with with their encounters. They're tanks, not killers, right? Then why can they 1 rotation pretty much any class now?

Now take away this one daily and what do Palies have left for damage dealing? A big round nothing. I'm being serious here. Paladin's offensive encounters are p a t h e t i c.

actually with this mod gf's have been changed to a more shield and sword fighter than a tank. thats why pallys are way better at tanking.no one wants to take away the daily just reduce its capabilities to around 40-60k damage
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    no one wants to take away the daily just reduce its capabilities to around 40-60k damage

I think that's the gist of what we are asking for really. Not to have DJ removed, but rather tone it down. Often hitting for half the damage it does currently DJ will still have the capacity to one-shot players not at full health. My only issue with DJ is that it hit me for well over 100k through 2k Tenacity and 3k+ Defence at full health wearing Burning Executioner.
    Our pain is self chosen.

• Options
    edited May 2015

Nop the actual hit is debatable the harderds hitting daily is not (yea sematics in some form but Tr 100% crit piercing ignore anyting is hardly a good exampel is it).

Yes fully negation shield cws are to tanky but aura damage will depleate shield and with right tools Pal will 1 shot the cw sooner or later.
    Gfs are good yes but they have far more weakness and far less ability to face tank then a pal.
    Gfs 1-2 go down like a hocker on springbreake faced with 2 opponents that know what they are doing but a pal no no.
    As said before Gf is a cc chain also that at least can be broken not a 1 hit wounder (and just for the record the cc chain from certain gfs can be considered a bit to strong imho. You abuse wheel + daily ap gain with gf and they are set up for a uggly combination of being immune to damage and able to deliver devastating amounts in short time).

Yep I say dont take away the overall damage among several targets limit it single targets damage that is decrease damage on it but the more targets it hits the more damage it spreads in total amount.

Tbh Paladins defence abiltys is pahteticly good in the same way so in the name of Justice (funny enough) offencive cant be much else...
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    actually with this mod gf's have been changed to a more shield and sword fighter than a tank. thats why pallys are way better at tanking.no one wants to take away the daily just reduce its capabilities to around 40-60k damage

GFs can tank, can cc, can buff, can do high bursts of damage with encounters, dailies. On the other hand Palas can tank, can heal (a bit), can buff and do high burst of damage with a daily. See the difference?

Paladin can reset the fight with defensive encounters and that's the only advantage he's got in tanking department. But the moment he takes them off, he's as tanky and dangerous as a kid in a wheelchair.

And sorry, but 40-60k is as low as an encounter. No deal.
  • Options
    ucanthandleucanthandle Member Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited May 2015

Now being able to do this every 20 sec or at least every 1 min with dc artifact while being the TANKIEST CLASS INGAME would it be better balanced if it would be toned down a bit as a single target ability YES or NO.

Let me answer that for you in case you suffer from the i want it all syndrom that is so common among classes with OP-BROKEN abilitys-

Logic has it that some sort of scale when it comes to kill-survive should not be to inbalanced then you get another Tr class we do not want that.......

So you want to give paladins some damage in other departments? Without that daily in pvp it is impossible for a paladin to kill most anyone with brain. Even with that ability it is easy to dodge unless being cc by someone else. You literally only have to worry about dodging one attack from the paladin. During that time of the paladin building his daily (that may miss) how many people can a TR, CW, GWF, pretty much anything kill during that time? So no, paladin is not the killer you think he is. You still forget it is not the only hard hitting ability. It has been pointed out several times by several people other hard hitting abilities, that actually are easier to land and occur more often.

You complain about the single target damage but 99% of pvp is not single target. Unless you go against him 1v1 then its your fault for not dodgeing the one attack he has that can hurt you. If you have a teammate its not hard to work together to make sure you are not one shot. If its 2 of them so his teammate can cc you so he can land his shot, then its 2v1 and you should lose anyway. I dont expect to win when a cw lifts me then a tr puts a smokebomb at my feet after I'm lifted.
  • Options
    samothrace22samothrace22 Member Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Making this daily more dodgable would be really nice #_# and making pallies killable in 1v1 situations
    ────────────────────────────
    SAMOTHRACE
    Trickster Rogue
    ────────────────────────────
  • Options
    quspivquspiv Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,087 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Making this daily more dodgable would be really nice #_# and making pallies killable in 1v1 situations

They're killable (assuming you and the paly are in similar BIS gear) but not by healers ;) it may just take a while and good use of CC.
  • Options
    fastrean3fastrean3 Member Posts: 281 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    quspiv wrote: »
    They're killable (assuming you and the paly are in similar BIS gear) but not by healers ;) it may just take a while and good use of CC.

Not for the pally who wearing T. Negation.
  • Options
    quspivquspiv Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,087 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    fastrean3 wrote: »
    Not for the pally who wearing T. Negation.

Negation wont help you against perma CC and Paly's CC break got rather moderate CD so he wont get away.