Install Arc
Options

One shot by Paladin in PvP

Comments

• Options
    blackxxwolf3blackxxwolf3 Member Posts: 1,539 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    zvieris wrote: »
    Riight. Because Paladin's at-wills are so powerful. Paladin is only tanky if he slots 2-3 defensive encounters. If he slotted all 3 offensive / buff encounters, he'd be squishier than any class and still deal petty damage. Their only power is Divine Judgement and it's nowhere near as broken as SE.

rriiiggghhhttt cause 100k hp and 50% DR is totally squishier than my hrs 15% dr and 90k health with full radiants rank 8s in 4 defense slots.
  • Options
    quspivquspiv Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,087 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Circle of Power + 3x Bane + VoE + trans Vorpal and full AP gear Paladin daily can deal over 500k tbh. It's pretty OP in PvP, but dps encounter totaly suck dmg wise.
  • Options
    lerdocixlerdocix Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    quspiv wrote: »
    Circle of Power + 3x Bane + VoE + trans Vorpal and full AP gear Paladin daily can deal over 500k tbh. It's pretty OP in PvP, but dps encounter totaly suck dmg wise.

Something like this is pretty much impossible to play without heavy premade support.
  • Options
    k9madrushk9madrush Member Posts: 534 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2015
    vordayn wrote: »
    Now I don't normally go on these forums to complain about PvP. I usually just try to get better and learn some things along the way. But this experience was just, in my opinion, over-the-top OP.

I was in Gauntlgrym, capping a node as a healing/defensive spec cleric, and a paladin comes running up and literally one-shots me with Divine Judgement.

I was at full health, at 83K HP, have chosen full defensive boons, specced for defense. I didn't even have time to react to this.

I was like, what the ... how is this fair at all? If I had any sort of idea that this could happen (and enough time) I would have placed an empowered astral shield, but really ... I could only see this getting worse as more pally's get BiS gear.

This Daily of the paladin seriously needs to be toned down - in PvP more so than in PvE (they do need some offensive power in PvE, but how it works now in PvP seems imbalanced). :(

The devs is the problem... for example they made CW a range class cc/striker to a tanker via shield same concept with OP they made a tanker/healer to a striker cool huh? thats how things work here so asking for balance or asking devs to make things sensible wont happen here just enjoy the game and dont waste money anymore.
  • Options
    lerdocixlerdocix Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    @k9madrush that makes Opally as much a striker as renegade keystone makes CW a leader/healer.

Hint: it doesn't. You're talking out of your rear here.
    Its strong single target attack, but when there are 2-3 enemies its medicore at very best.

Its single and only Opally real hard hitter, at wills of every other class hit harder then pallys encounters.
  • Options
    khimera906khimera906 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 898 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Oh, come on, the OP is not a striker, it just has a really, really, really, ridiculously strong daily. The rest of their offensive powers are pretty week, compared to the real strikers. :D
    I love the OP class, but that Divine Judgement needs to be toned down a bit. There's no reason why a tank should do that much damage in PVE or PVP
    I hate dancing with Lady Luck. She always steps on my toes.
  • Options
    ravenanravenan Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Guys dont defend clear brokenness. OP (both specs) is beyond Sab lvl of opness. When in dom outcome is set I ask 1 vs 1. I accept duels from all classes but not ftom OP. I prefer to fight sab 1 vs 1. I have a chance there, slim but it exists. There is no chance to fight OP at all. And it will not end in draw like with good healer DCs, it will end at second/third judgement. Thats why i always refuse to 1 vs 1 with OP.
    Main : GF - Lord Kruk
    Steel and Magic
  • Options
    zvieriszvieris Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Ok, let's put Paladin using 3 offensive/buff/CC (lol) encounters vs say a similar geared CW with 3 offensive/CC encounters. We'll see what's a better damage dealer and tank. lol

I see a lot of guys without any knowledge of Paladin jumping the bandwagon and calling them OP. The only OP things about paladin are the bugged feats that reduce artifact cooldowns, bugged Aura of Truth off-hand feature and maybe Binding Oath encounter. Divine Judgement daily, on the other hand, is at best on par with Ice Knife, Shocking Execution. All of them need to be toned down, tbh. But hey, let's all gang on the new kid on the block huh.
  • Options
    zvieriszvieris Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    macjae wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure Divine Judgement hits harder than Ice Knife, at least that's my experience. I think there are two essential problems with Divine Judgement: First, between Aura of Truth and other cc, the OP has tons of cc to potentially set up a shot in a way that prevents dodging. Second, it's a gameplay issue: Their damage is completely non-threatening outside of Divine Judgement, which makes every fight with an OP revolve around that. They spam cc until they can land Divine Judgement, other classes can pretty much ignore all other forms of damage the OP delivers. That makes the fights pretty binary and lacking in dynamism.

As it is, the constant interrupts from dazes (Aura of Truth) also amplifies their tankiness, because it makes it difficult to complete any rotations against them. It feels like most of the time fighting an OP, I simply get the "disabled" message when I click something. Beyond being very annoying, it's just poor gameplay.

I think for starters, they need to tone down Aura of Truth, increase OP at-will/encounter damage and tone down Divine Judgement, besides obviously fixing the artifact cooldowns and doing something with Binding Oath. That way, they can be more threatening outside of just one power, and fights be a bit more back-and-forth, not just 1 or 0.

Ice Knife deals less damage, sure, but it can prone too. Also, CW can chain CC easily on their own, which makes landing IK a piece of cake.

As for Paladin, he/she doesn't have tons of CC, contrary to what you state. Lemme list the things he has:

Aura of Truth off-hand feature - random 1s dazes that don't give any visual cue and are affected by tenacity/CC resist
    Burning Light encounter - 3s interruptable charge time and 0.1s long interrupts happening a few times/second in an AoE for up to 4 seconds
    Templar's Wrath encounter - 1 or 2s AoE stun that can get deflected and reduced by tenacity, CC resist stat
    Banishment encounter - haven't tested it against players but if description is correct, it's a 4s long AoE stun against players. Does no damage and has a 35s+ cooldown. And we fine well know that stuns get reduced by tenacity, cc resist and deflect.
    Relentless Assault encounter - gapcloser, pushes back players/mobs around the target.

Thus, unless you let the Paladin charge burning light and let him/her get close to you (which would be your own fault), there's no way a Paladin can make an opening by himself/herself.

As for more variety in gameplay, I'm all ears. As it is now, Paladin only has one and only damaging daily which deals a bit too much damage and other players already lost their minds about it. That's not how you go about balancing a class.
  • Options
    lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    zvieris wrote: »
    Paladin only has one and only damaging daily which deals a bit too much damage.

When I'm getting one-shot through 3.4k Defence and 2k Tenacity with 90k HP that's a tad more than just a bit too much damage :p
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • Options
    imm0rtalboyimm0rtalboy Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    [Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! Your Middle finger deals 8753512 (99856525) Physical Damage to Mr.Tomato.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    schweifer1982schweifer1982 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,662 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    utuwer wrote: »
    Pallies hit not that hard...I mean they can hit much harder. :p

17298918755_a5694883f4_b.jpg

Cool just 1 question what enchant have he/she?

t.Fey? you dont give us enugh proof .

I cannot oneshoot 90 k hp DC only those 30 k hp guys with green stuff .

But nerf req thread is aganst the tos .

Also if you want to nerf DJ then ask for this reduce 50% of they dmg and give it to Pally other encounters.
    GWF 3700Ilvl Éjsötét & ProPala 3200Ilvl Menydörgés (main) & Szürkefarkas 2600 ilvl
  • Options
    k9madrushk9madrush Member Posts: 534 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2015
    lerdocix wrote: »
    @k9madrush that makes Opally as much a striker as renegade keystone makes CW a leader/healer.

Hint: it doesn't. You're talking out of your rear here.
    Its strong single target attack, but when there are 2-3 enemies its medicore at very best.

Its single and only Opally real hard hitter, at wills of every other class hit harder then pallys encounters.

I dont care keep all the broken class you want the devs wont make this game sensible or wont fix bug anyway hell do I care telling everyone this class is broken that class is OP doesnt matter to me.
  • Options
    quspivquspiv Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,087 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    It helps if you know that DJ dmg get's split when there's more targets around. It's also dodgeable if you know it's animation. For example Warlock can use soul puppet and stand near it to prevent huge dmg from DJ.
  • Options
    utuwerutuwer Member Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Cool just 1 question what enchant have he/she?

t.Fey? you dont give us enugh proof .

I cannot oneshoot 90 k hp DC only those 30 k hp guys with green stuff .

But nerf req thread is aganst the tos .

Also if you want to nerf DJ then ask for this reduce 50% of they dmg and give it to Pally other encounters.

I do not remember exactly what weapon enchantment the pally used since I took the screenshot on April 28th (almost a month ago). But I am pretty sure it was not feytouched (either vorpal or lifedrinker). I did know that he/she is a whale from EoA with Mythic DC sigil but not full geared with epic pvp set (which requires 27 seals of triumph and Pally was released in April 7th).

I have 88k hp with full epic pvp gears that is why I only got hit by 40% of that 307k DJ.

And no, I am not asking for nerf. The purpose of the screenshot is just showing what pally with gears is capable of. :)
    You say 4v5 is impossible? Cool story bro.
  • Options
    fastrean3fastrean3 Member Posts: 281 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Can everyone specify the DJ hit is normal hit or critical hit?
  • Options
    ravenanravenan Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Why you want dmg when you have survivability of healer DC?
    Main : GF - Lord Kruk
    Steel and Magic
  • Options
    ninefingers222ninefingers222 Member Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    The problem is not so much the damage dealt, as it is their only damaging ability really, the problem is the tab spamming which reduces cooldown of DC sigil, making the OP spam defensive dailies alongside offensive dailies, that shield bubble thing lasts altogether way too long, 20 seconds ffs that is just ******ed, another big problem is a premade with a Pally and a DC will last an extremely long time, we have seen 2hour long premades in EoA vs other guilds with said comps, it is ridiculous that one class can stretch out a match by one hour, they have to be toned down defensively in a massive way
    Essence of Aggression, OG PvP GWF
  • Options
    ninefingers222ninefingers222 Member Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I am a fully BiS GWF and I have been hit for over 100K by DJ at least two dozen times, so yeah a well built OP can one shot a fully geared player .
    Essence of Aggression, OG PvP GWF
  • Options
    schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Important to note: the people I actually kill from full to zero in 1 shot are usually riding basic mounts. Any geared player, regardless of class can survive a DJ hit because that particular daily respects any and all resistances

i think you are wrong, i get oneshottet wearing full burning set even 30 sparks on the run, even not beeing infight but from a distance, and GWF/ warlock have no DODGE, so the adviec to dodge it away makes same sense as the advice a very active forum-TR gave about dodging SE in mod 5, lol
    it´s too much damage, please stop arguing because you lose credibility, thats hard to get back in this forum, my advice :)
    paladin+ DC are unkillable in mod 6 since both synergize heavy from each other
    PVP in neverwinter is <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> btw, it´s all about exploiting or cheating the best way and having T-negation or not, or using broken perma daze builds or not, or having a DC/OP combination or not
    its no skill, its no tacitc, its P2W and broken crappy classes as all know
    all I read in this forum is about broken skills and bugs, who are defended by their classes as the holy gral, redicules imo