test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

One shot by Paladin in PvP

vordaynvordayn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,283 Arc User
edited May 2015 in PvP Discussion
Now I don't normally go on these forums to complain about PvP. I usually just try to get better and learn some things along the way. But this experience was just, in my opinion, over-the-top OP.

I was in Gauntlgrym, capping a node as a healing/defensive spec cleric, and a paladin comes running up and literally one-shots me with Divine Judgement.

I was at full health, at 83K HP, have chosen full defensive boons, specced for defense. I didn't even have time to react to this.

I was like, what the ... how is this fair at all? If I had any sort of idea that this could happen (and enough time) I would have placed an empowered astral shield, but really ... I could only see this getting worse as more pally's get BiS gear.

This Daily of the paladin seriously needs to be toned down - in PvP more so than in PvE (they do need some offensive power in PvE, but how it works now in PvP seems imbalanced). :(
Vordon CW        Vordayn DC        Axel Wolfric GWF        Logain SW        Gawyn GF        Galad OP        Aspen Darkfire HR        Min TR
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    blackxxwolf3blackxxwolf3 Member Posts: 1,539 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    yeah i mean as the only damage for a tank it should do say 50k or 60k at most damage before mitigation just because its a daily. but doing as much as it does is ridiculous and if they use wheel of stupidity then its even more overpowered.
  • Options
    trpotatosyndrometrpotatosyndrome Member Posts: 110
    edited May 2015
    Next time pray for Jesus harder Mr. Devoted Messiah.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    vordaynvordayn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,283 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Sweet-Brown.jpg
    Vordon CW        Vordayn DC        Axel Wolfric GWF        Logain SW        Gawyn GF        Galad OP        Aspen Darkfire HR        Min TR
  • Options
    foxxy#4211 foxxy Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 563 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    vordayn wrote: »
    Now I don't normally go on these forums to complain about PvP. I usually just try to get better and learn some things along the way. But this experience was just, in my opinion, over-the-top OP.

I was in Gauntlgrym, capping a node as a healing/defensive spec cleric, and a paladin comes running up and literally one-shots me with Divine Judgement.

I was at full health, at 83K HP, have chosen full defensive boons, specced for defense. I didn't even have time to react to this.

I was like, what the ... how is this fair at all? If I had any sort of idea that this could happen (and enough time) I would have placed an empowered astral shield, but really ... I could only see this getting worse as more pally's get BiS gear.

This Daily of the paladin seriously needs to be toned down - in PvP more so than in PvE (they do need some offensive power in PvE, but how it works now in PvP seems imbalanced). :(

Empowered Astral shield doesnt even help.
    I was inside it and OP came up with that daily, i remember it was something like: <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> dealt 100599 (282900) to you with divine judgement. my build: 33.5 dm resistance, 28 defl chance, 91k HP.
    Of course this daily is Overthetop!. and worse yet if they haven't fixed it, it is because it is working as intended.
  • Options
    utuwerutuwer Member Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Empowered Astral shield doesnt even help.
    I was inside it and OP came up with that daily, i remember it was something like: <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> dealt 100599 (282900) to you with divine judgement. my build: 33.5 dm resistance, 28 defl chance, 91k HP.
    Of course this daily is Overthetop!. and worse yet if they haven't fixed it, it is because it is working as intended.

Pallies hit not that hard...I mean they can hit much harder. :p

17298918755_a5694883f4_b.jpg
    You say 4v5 is impossible? Cool story bro.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    utuwer wrote: »
    Pallies hit not that hard...I mean they can hit much harder. :p

17298918755_a5694883f4_b.jpg
    oh my god........
  • Options
    imm0rtalboyimm0rtalboy Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    And people complain about SE how funny
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    trpotatosyndrometrpotatosyndrome Member Posts: 110
    edited May 2015
    And people complain about SE how funny

Don't try to play victim potato.

Both of these classes are broken.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    imm0rtalboyimm0rtalboy Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Don't try to play victim potato.

Both of these classes are broken.

Sure it does M.tomato
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    sure it does m.tomato

im a cucumber!!!!!
  • Options
    mirrorballsmirrorballs Member Posts: 877 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2015
    Sure it does M.tomato

Tomatoes and potatoes... LOL! Banter like this one is actually preferred, I'd say :D
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Tomatoes and potatoes... LOL! Banter like this one is actually preferred, I'd say :D

its a lot better than some of the other words and it doesnt break the rules. then again i did get in trouble for using potatoes as my sig by lew.
  • Options
    ryoshinetteryoshinette Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Everything works as intended. Isn't DEVS?
    Ryoshin GF (4.2k)
    .Suicide Squad.

• Options
    fastrean3fastrean3 Member Posts: 281 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    To sum up what op wants:
    1. NERF pally's only damge.
    2. NERF pally's survivability healing and temporary hit points.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    fastrean3 wrote: »
    To sum up what op wants:

no just the damage. dont nerf it hard just enough to make it balanced. they have at wills and its near impossible to kill one so they shouldnt have a 1 hitter also.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    fastrean3 wrote: »
    To sum up what op wants:

"Only" or no, why should they have that much damage in the first place when they have that much survivability?

I mean, did the people not complain about the toughest Sentinel GWFs, being able to near one-shot people with the idiotic burp of the century" attack? Did the people not complain about the most powerful survivalist Sabo TRs, also having access to one of the most powerful daily attacks SE?

If the OPals are allowed to be that tough and resilient, but still able to near 1-shot people, then where's the "weakness" of the class to be exploited?
  • Options
    icyphishicyphish Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,255 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Deleting GWF, rerolling OPally now.
    icydrake%20avatar2_zpsg7rp0xti.jpg

Author of GWF Speed Demon PvP Build (Mod 11) <- Click to reveal the Speedy Beast! >:)
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    icyphish wrote: »
    Deleting GWF, rerolling OPally now.

i made a cw to combat pallys and to enjoy gameplay im at 66 now. man im loving it as long as i play smart i can take down pallys eventually it just takes a really long time and dodging that daily. eventually they wont be able to outheal my damage.
  • Options
    lerdocixlerdocix Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    no just the damage. dont nerf it hard just enough to make it balanced. they have at wills and its near impossible to kill one so they shouldnt have a 1 hitter also.
    Hint: Don't 1v1 a pally.
    Bring a friend and stay close, even crit won't kill you then.

This is literally the only pally damage move and its a daily.
    Its also easy to dodge thanks to delayed and obvious animation.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    lerdocix wrote: »

yeah because 1v1 is all about 2v1 right? if you cannot 1v1 a pally then its op. if it one hits you like that its op. ANYTHING THAT HITS FOR OVER 300K IS OP
  • Options
    lerdocixlerdocix Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    yeah because 1v1 is all about 2v1 right? if you cannot 1v1 a pally then its op. if it one hits you like that its op. ANYTHING THAT HITS FOR OVER 300K IS OP
    Well, you can 1v1 a pally.
    Dodge single, slow daily and win.

Thats pretty much the guide to killing one(unless its bulwark prot, you'll have to CC this one hard for it to go down).
    Lashing blade on executioner TR does the same if not more thanks to all the modifiers for the first strike you can stack, is faster and can be used much more often.
  • Options
    edited May 2015

So is SE.

As if "daily" means anything in this day and age of 1min SigDiv and AP cloaks.
  • Options
    rustlordrustlord Member Posts: 1,454 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    vordayn wrote: »

If you were equally geared and feated right, wouldn't you have about 120K hp? Gift of Faith should heal you back full instantly. Then cast a bunch of Divine Bastions again and you're solid for the next attack. You're supposed to be the only class to go toe to toe with them xD
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    rustlord wrote: »
    If you were equally geared and feated right, wouldn't you have about 120K hp? Gift of Faith should heal you back full instantly. Then cast a bunch of Divine Bastions again and you're solid for the next attack. You're supposed to be the only class to go toe to toe with them xD

Empirically speaking, if you were about 20k GS during mod5:

- 3 x legendary artis
    - 2 x legendary weapons
    - 2 x legendary gear (neck, belt)
    - around rank8~9 enchants

...and you make the transition to mod6, get the burning grade armour, get the new main/offhand, feed the old legendaries to your new weapons, you land at around 100k HP with two purple weapons and at 2.5k-ish IL... and that's with a moderately CON-invested build.

If they didn't invest in CON and had just the typical PvE builds (which would equate to less than 30k HP in mod5), even when getting burning grade gear, they'd be around maybe 80~90k HP.

When you start upgrading enchants to over rank11, change the armour/weapon special enchant to transcendant status, change your belt/neck to the new lv70 standard "greater" versions, and then start changing up all the new artifact/artifact weapons up to their max refine... that pushes you over 3.5k IL and around the "BiS" standard.

Should take around 500~1k dollars or more if someone takes the "honest" route, but of course, no such problem at all for those who've abused the hell out of the "Astral Resonator" fiasco and had stashed bajillion ADs in their mule accounts, lol
  • Options
    rustlordrustlord Member Posts: 1,454 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Empirically speaking, if you were about 20k GS during mod5:

- 3 x legendary artis
    - 2 x legendary weapons
    - 2 x legendary gear (neck, belt)
    - around rank8~9 enchants

...and you make the transition to mod6, get the burning grade armour, get the new main/offhand, feed the old legendaries to your new weapons, you land at around 100k HP with two purple weapons and at 2.5k-ish IL... and that's with a moderately CON-invested build.

If they didn't invest in CON and had just the typical PvE builds (which would equate to less than 30k HP in mod5), even when getting burning grade gear, they'd be around maybe 80~90k HP.

When you start upgrading enchants to over rank11, change the armour/weapon special enchant to transcendant status, change your belt/neck to the new lv70 standard "greater" versions, and then start changing up all the new artifact/artifact weapons up to their max refine... that pushes you over 3.5k IL and around the "BiS" standard.

Should take around 500~1k dollars or more if someone takes the "honest" route, but of course, no such problem at all for those who've abused the hell out of the "Astral Resonator" fiasco and had stashed bajillion ADs in their mule accounts, lol

If that were us, we wouldn't be here on forums looking for honest balance, or we'd just roll a new BiS toon over to the next overpwered class when the nerf bat hits. But I did see DCs with 120K HP.
  • Options
    zvieriszvieris Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited May 2015

Riight. Because Paladin's at-wills are so powerful. Paladin is only tanky if he slots 2-3 defensive encounters. If he slotted all 3 offensive / buff encounters, he'd be squishier than any class and still deal petty damage. Their only power is Divine Judgement and it's nowhere near as broken as SE.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Well, you can 1v1 a pally.
    Dodge single, slow daily and win.

Thats pretty much the guide to killing one(unless its bulwark prot, you'll have to CC this one hard for it to go down).
    Lashing blade on executioner TR does the same if not more thanks to all the modifiers for the first strike you can stack, is faster and can be used much more often.
    lashing blade doesnt hit for 300k with those stacks.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    And what is "balanced"? Could it be everything that does not kill you is balanced? Do you know how much dmg can a GWF do with Sure Strike or a CW with passive procs? Unlike some other damaging abilities Divine Judgement is pure damage, no piercing element in it. From my experience ( and I have a pretty well geared Paladin ) the only people who fall from a single shot a people with lesser than my gear. Also it should be noted that the daily is quite avoidable.
    again the classes you named cannot do 300k damage in 1 hit and tank like crazy cw is op and needs a tone down of shiled we all know this. just because other classes are op doesnt mean this one gets to be. this class has super tanky abilities so much its near impossible to kill with 2 control wizards blasting it down. and then it gets a one hit dailies that hits for 300k at times. its not right and its not balanced. i die all the time to every class i dont claim they are op. i die to sws a lot if someone is tanking for them i dont claim sw needs a nerf. sounds like you are trying to defend your op class sorry it isnt going to work.