test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

TR out of control (CoS/SO/LM)

Comments

• mirrorballsmirrorballs Member Posts: 877 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2015
    bug or exploit for sure.

1. If he's an Executioner, it will gain a 100% buff right as soon as it enters stealth.
    2. If he uses Whirlwind of Blades, it will buff up his power 20% per hit, for a max 5 targets for 100%

So technically speaking if he has 22k power, he can first activate WoD against 5 targets to have it buffed up to 44k for 10 seconds, and during that time, he can enter stealth and activate Shadowborn so that the 44k is again, doubled up to 88k.

Theoretically speaking, it's not a bug. It's also a terribly cumbersome and not-too-effective way of fighting in PvP.. it's harder than it sounds to have 5 targets for WoB at the same time unless it's one of those NPC-infested nodes in GG, and 10 seconds is a shorter window than one might think.

Ofcourse, this is theoretical possibility. Better try it out if it works like that, but I don't see any reason why it will not work in the exact manner I think it would.

In this case the best use would be in PvE, against 4~5 target mob group, with a Whisperknife... in which case WoB, enter stealth, and throw Disheartening Strike for a massive DoT/bleed against the strongest target. (having 4 x normal Power level would probably deal higher damage than First Strike assist)
    edited May 2015
    macjae wrote: »
    TRs spamming dodges also serves the function of replenishing stealth, because of Twilight Adept recharging 10% of their stealth each time they dodge.

The actual effect isn't as large as you might think unless it's an Executioner Capstone + rank4 Tenacious Concealment, in which case while out of stealth the stealth meter recharges at +35% the normal speed with no 'stealth damage' and no 'stealth meter regen pause.' It's in this particular case that every dodge makes a quite large difference in terms of aiding with restealthing.

AFAIK most Sabos don't even slot TenCon in the first place because they already have it plenty easy to manage stealth, so they usually go for more useful utilities... in this case most of the stealth meter gained by Twilight Adept is just as easily spent by even small enemy attacks. OTOH, for Executioners, that's the new path of survival I've discovered as a non-Sabo WK.
  • rustlordrustlord Member Posts: 1,454 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    pando83 wrote: »
    Then you should not need to play broken builds. Just sayin'...

What, so you want me to come in here (all sore loser like) complaining how the other classes are broken too, because I'm supposed to be so noble and dignified I'm above fighting fire with fire? I'm not. Or perhaps I should become one of those delusional "Oh leave TR alone, its not OP" cast. Well, boo hoo. And let's not forget the other crew, "Yeah let's nerf ITC I'm WK," whom had a slight bias of being long-standing MI rivals.

Suuuure, let me just do that. On second thought, never. I know this path is broken. At least I'm transparent about it, which is more than I can say for everyone else's predominant double standards with regards to their own class.
  • k9madrushk9madrush Member Posts: 534 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2015
    rustlord wrote: »
    Really? Here I thought you majored Agriculture and make up.

after your comment embracemysword dug himself a nice bed alongside turnips
  • blackxxwolf3blackxxwolf3 Member Posts: 1,539 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    What, so you want me to come in here (all sore loser like) complaining how the other classes are broken too, because I'm supposed to be so noble and dignified I'm above fighting fire with fire? I'm not. Or perhaps I should become one of those delusional "Oh leave TR alone, its not OP" cast. Well, boo hoo. And let's not forget the other crew, "Yeah let's nerf ITC I'm WK," whom had a slight bias of being long-standing MI rivals.

Suuuure, let me just do that. On second thought, never. I know this path is broken. At least I'm transparent about it, which is more than I can say for everyone else's predominant double standards with regards to their own class.
    you make some very valid points.
  • imm0rtalboyimm0rtalboy Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    image.png
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • quspivquspiv Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,087 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    After so many pages people still missing the point. Dmg proc from SO should be based on how far the target is from TR. Most encounters needs a dps buff so you can actually play this class as melee instead of being forced to throw daggers. There's no reason why CW should be able to do more dmg (and more often) with ranged nukes than TR with the melee encounters.

There are also some prooly designed feast which boost crit dmg and so on for "X"s when a target dies in a range of "X". If these things get in effect with other buffs you can get pretty big boost, but if they dont you get nothing which often lead to UP and OP situations.
  • lvl99looterlvl99looter Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 682 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    There's a reason why the dev's originally put a 7 charge limit on cloud of steel. No idea why they removed it. Also, they should remove or rework concussive strike.
  • nuudlznuudlz Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 285 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    There's a reason why the dev's originally put a 7 charge limit on cloud of steel. No idea why they removed it. Also, they should remove or rework concussive strike.

Originally they put 12 charges on CoS and nerfed it down to 8.
    The Zisters' Magazine - Subscribe now and you'll never run out of style.

We are always looking for new models --- Borderline Fashiondolls ---
    edited May 2015
    There's a reason why the dev's originally put a 7 charge limit on cloud of steel. No idea why they removed it.

As mac said, the limitation in the charges disappeared at the price of slower (MUCH slower) activation speed. When there were 8 charges the speed of the thrown daggers were literally blindingly fast. That gave it a limited use in PvP as a burst tool, but seriously hindered its use in PvE. The fix was more of PvE-oriented as they cut down on the activation speed for like 30% (which means direct -30% in DPS), but gave it unlimited use so a steady stream of damage can be secured.

Ironically, around the time the change was made most TR players were screaming about how it was a big nerf in PvP, with only a few others including myself correctly saw that it was in the long-term, a buff. The bursty nature of CoS was lowered, but as compensation it could be used more freely as a tactical tool.

Also, they should remove or rework concussive strike.

...and you should read the patch notes when a new mod comes into place. Scoundrels are dead and extinct. Blind rage from the masses killed it, and instead, now you have to deal with every Scoundrel player simply moving over to the Sabo, which was always the worst threat to anyone in PvP.
  • bvirabvira Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Damage and survivability, choose one but not both. TRs obviously have too much of both.

Same applies to CWs, but at least CWs are actually killable in 1v1.
    edited May 2015
    As mac said, the limitation in the charges disappeared at the price of slower (MUCH slower) activation speed. When there were 8 charges the speed of the thrown daggers were literally blindingly fast. That gave it a limited use in PvP as a burst tool, but seriously hindered its use in PvE. The fix was more of PvE-oriented as they cut down on the activation speed for like 30% (which means direct -30% in DPS), but gave it unlimited use so a steady stream of damage can be secured.

Ironically, around the time the change was made most TR players were screaming about how it was a big nerf in PvP, with only a few others including myself correctly saw that it was in the long-term, a buff. The bursty nature of CoS was lowered, but as compensation it could be used more freely as a tactical tool.

...and you should read the patch notes when a new mod comes into place. Scoundrels are dead and extinct. Blind rage from the masses killed it, and instead, now you have to deal with every Scoundrel player simply moving over to the Sabo, which was always the worst threat to anyone in PvP.

scoundrels arent dead at all i still see them from time to time doing really well with mediocre gear.
  • revovlerjesus1revovlerjesus1 Member Posts: 481 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    morenthar wrote: »
    TRs are very killable 1vs1.

Lmao, maybe your WK buils is killable in a 1on1. But not an equaly skilled/geard SaB thats for sure.
    edited May 2015
    Lmao, maybe your WK buils is killable in a 1on1. But not an equaly skilled/geard SaB thats for sure.

only if played correctly. but yes once you figure out a good rotation they become unstoppable.
  • piejalpiejal Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 403 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    i seriusly wanna l2p to fight TR
    so can some premade TR pass down their wisdom about how to counter TR?
    with 2s reveal no longer exists
    how you fight a class that either in stealth mode,ITC(cc imune+100% deflect chage with 75% deflc sev)mode,roll dodge time frame, or us being dazed by smokebomb,bloodbath mode?
    i need something solid that can be pull off not some <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> try to catch them by luck with predict their movement and use dobly 4.0 sound, or about TR VS TR
    i am all ears here please..
    if TR is not OP and counterable sure you can explain how right?
  • obsydian666obsydian666 Member Posts: 329 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I didn't say it was easy or fair, but they know how to counter them. Premades are typically near or in the ballpark of BiS so your opponent TR isn't out-gearing you by much. It makes a huge difference.

Yes, premades know how to figt vs TR- you must send 2 vs 1 to have a chance to kill TR. Please stop talking these all nonsense becouse it isn't even funny anymore.

There is only 1 character who have chance against TR- it's Paladin
    edited May 2015
    I didn't say it was easy or fair, but they know how to counter them. Premades are typically near or in the ballpark of BiS so your opponent TR isn't out-gearing you by much. It makes a huge difference.

about gear.. i am 3.5k ilv HR and being kitting for 2minutes and died by TR in 1 on 1 node fight.. pretty much that TR is undergear for not able to kill HR in 2 minutes
    sorry i am looking for premade TR for wisdom.. not someone who say "I didn't say it was easy or fair" yet still defending TR is not OP with 2s reveal no longer exists
  • imm0rtalboyimm0rtalboy Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    piejal wrote: »
    how you fight a class that either in stealth mode,ITC(cc imune+100% deflect chage with 75% deflc sev)mode,roll dodge time frame, or us being dazed by smokebomb,bloodbath mode?
    i need something solid that can be pull off not some <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> try to catch them by luck with predict their movement and use dobly 4.0 sound

Easy target lock
    /bind LCtrl +HardTargetLock
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2015
    Yes, premades know how to figt vs TR- you must send 2 vs 1 to have a chance to kill TR. Please stop talking these all nonsense becouse it isn't even funny anymore.

so need 2 vs 1 to have a chance to kill TR. yet some of this forum still defending that TR is not OP?
    personaly right now i think TR is OP too.. looking for some wisdom that maybe can change my mind here
  • bvirabvira Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    TRs are very killable 1vs1

"TRs are very killable 1vs1"

Are we playing the same game? WK does get killed a lot but a skilled BiS MI TR? No F*cking way. Just name me one good PvP player who isn't a TR/OP that thinks "TRs are very killable 1vs1".

I play a BiS DC and no, it doesn't take a well played CW to kill a DC. I could show you a video of me getting hit for 50k IK followed by a 40k Disintegrate when I'm inside my empowered Astral Shield.
    edited May 2015
    bvira wrote: »
    "TRs are very killable 1vs1"

Are we playing the same game? WK does get killed a lot but a skilled BiS MI TR? No F*cking way. Just name me one good PvP player who isn't a TR/OP that thinks "TRs are very killable 1vs1".

I play a BiS DC and no, it doesn't take a well played CW to kill a DC. I could show you a video of me getting hit for 50k IK followed by a 40k Disintegrate when I'm inside my empowered Astral Shield.

he is the same man that saying "i don't say it was easy or fair" and deep down he know's that TR is broken but still defending it
    having a discussion with him are meaningless my friend
  • pando83pando83 Member Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    i need something solid that can be pull off not some <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> try to catch them by luck with predict their movement and use dobly 4.0 sound, or about TR VS TR

GWF-wise:

hidden daggers facing roughly the direction where the TR was spotted. 90° cone 40', look at where the enchant hitting effect appears (in my case, PF makes a blue flash). There you have your TR. Now you look at where he was spotted first time and where you spotted him after daggers and know the direction of his movement.
    Don't run to the location where you've seen the enchant hitting but ahead of it along the direction of his movement (see above).
    Pressure him as he will spam his long rolls to get away, occasionally throw daggers to keep him tracked.
    If he goes ITC you kite/ sprint around DO NOT FACETANK. Count the seconds, when you know ITC is going to wear off, run at the TR. He will immediately dodge roll behind you (usually) as soon as ITC ends. Point your FLS beforehand in that direction and as soon as he lands, try to stun him. Hope stun does not get deflected and follow with TR-->IBS.
    Hope he does not have SE ready.
    When he's out of stealth and ITC he will most likely drop a smoke bomb as soon as you get in melee range, sprint beforehand to avoid the daze and get out of the smoke circle.
    Carefully keep determination ready and pop unstoppable only when you're sure you'll have enough time to land some SS hits.
    Building up damage your hidden daggers should also start to hit harder. DoTs are useful to deplete stealth. Keep pressuring and wait for an error/ keep damaging him.
    Sometimes when the TR is hiding and you don't know where he is, a good move is to start changing direction suddenly, like running north then suddenly sprint sud a bit, don't keep a predictable pattern of movement or you'll make it easier for the TR to play with you.
    Also never just run to where the TR is, fake it and then turn back as they often try to circle you and get back to where you spotted them while you look elsewhere.

Even doing the above, well with a GWF:

even with maxed tenacity, if the TR has SE ready prepare for an unavoidable huge hit
    if the TR has negation prepare to tickle him only when in a prolonged fight
    if the TR has lostamauth set say goodbye to your buttocks
    if your stun gets deflected say goodbye to IBS and prepare to go for SS and HD hits only
    if your stun does not get deflected but IBS gets deflected, prepare for low damage on your big nuke as many geared TRs get up to 85% deflect severity with elixir

even if you manage to "win", often the MI sabo TR will just spam roll away into stealth. With more stamina regeneration your sprint will deplete when he will still have at least one roll, plus once they go into stealth they outrun you anyway.

This is what i know/ do, usually can fight back, except vs the very geared ones. There you need negation as they burn you down regardless of how much HP/tenacity you have just with piercing damage, lostamauth set and SE here and there while being usually immune the whole time.

At least, poor little me with 100k HP and 42-84% tenacity+ 33% deflect+ 20k over time healing boon+ thayan bastion+ countless scars+ 10% LS chance get burnt down by BiS negation TRs in like...uhm...yeah, 10 seconds. Cause i have Gsoulforged instead of a shiny billionaire PNegation or above. And yeah, the TR is under some immunity the whole time. No CC, close to no damage if i try to attack, even kiting the damage is insanely high+ they have that power that still follows you and keeps hitting you wherever you go (don't remember the name).

Hope it helps you. Lol.
    edited May 2015

TR is OP and, if the moons are aligned in your favor, can be countered.
    wait for an error

Common errors, even pros make;

- ITC too soon or too late on incoming prone. ITC goes into cooldown but doesn't activate.
    - Shadow Strike when stealth is full. The next stealth will last half as long as it should.
    - Smoke Bomb is not in sync with OWTS. Stealth does not refill instantly, and refills only if Smoke stays long enough until OWTS goes off cooldown.
    - Dodge rolled 4x in a row when you are not casting encounters.
    - In group vs. 1 and TR is targeting the wrong person (person he can't dispatch quickest).
    - Missed Smoke Bomb.
    - Gets CC'd while in Lurkers or after using Courage Breaker
    - Dodge cancelling Shocking Execution but misses anyway.
    - Playing hit and run.

~

Feel free to add whatever. If you fight someone who doesn't make at least one of these mistakes in a 2 minute period, you're screwed.
    edited May 2015
    ~they burn you down regardless of how much HP/tenacity you have just with piercing damage~

What I notice is the piercing damage does not go through certain buffs or powers. Astral Shield, for example, I still see 0 damage. Some Paladin's are able to take 0 or reduced damage from it. Even, sometimes, CW shield (can someone confirm this?)

For me that's a good start in countering the piercing damage, but it's entirely unfair to GWF, HR, SW or GF who don't have access to such powers. Introduce 3 new class/utility powers that take a passive slot. Ideally, you would use one. At most, two, at the expense of both of your passives.

1. Increase resistance against Physical Damage by 50%
    2. Increase resistance against Arcane Damage by 50%
    3. Increase resistance against Piercing Damage by 50%

This ought to make combat more diverse and strategic.

PS: It's a bonus devs can add through the Artifact Powers UI, even without adding new powers.
    edited May 2015
    What I notice is the piercing damage does not go through certain buffs or powers. Astral Shield, for example, I still see 0 damage. Some Paladin's are able to take 0 or reduced damage from it. Even, sometimes, CW shield (can someone confirm this?)

Seems like the "flat damage subtraction" mechanics are exemptions from piercing damage. My guess is that mechanic wise, piercing is designated to nullify resistances and its effects in the "piercing vs resistances calculation phase", also termed as 'defense layers', but the "shield" type of flat-subtraction threshold, is applied as a separate layer of calculation that works off the previous layer where piercing was applied. In short, the piercing is applied to initial phase of defense vs. penetration, and then the "flat-subtraction" layer of calculation simply subtracts from that.

Just a guess, but many games, including Cryptic's own, uses such procedures.

For me that's a good start in countering the piercing damage, but it's entirely unfair to GWF, HR, SW or GF who don't have access to such powers. Introduce 3 new class/utility powers that take a passive slot. Ideally, you would use one. At most, two, at the expense of both of your passives.

This is why I've proposed that the Negation enchantments should be changed to "Invulnerability" mechanics. IMO a change from a +resistance, into a flat damage subtraction. Extremely useful against steady, low~mid damages such as DoTs and proc damages like SO, but would be much less effective against big hits.

1. Increase resistance against Physical Damage by 50%
    2. Increase resistance against Arcane Damage by 50%
    3. Increase resistance against Piercing Damage by 50%

This ought to make combat more diverse and strategic.

PS: It's a bonus devs can add through the Artifact Powers UI, even without adding new powers.

In terms of damage types, I really think they should diverge all the damage and resistances/defenses separately, so it relies on part of the players to choose from. Like, for example, GWFs and GFs would of course, specialize in anti-physical resistances, but optionally they would be able to choose what they want as secondary... perhaps a moderate for all elements, moderate for all natural, or just one high resistance for electric, or etc etc etc..
  • heruwath1heruwath1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited May 2015

LOL its the first time i see you make a Double nerf comment
  • ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    There you have it. It's a bit cheesy, but it is totally legal.

This is just so dumb. This hasnt worked in like 3 modules. If the TR exceeds a certain range it UNLOCKS and also if you are near a teammate it locks onto them.

So this isnt even remotely viable
  • ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Also the solution here is pretty simple:

1) S.O. - no longer should deal piercing damage. Just flat physical damage. This is the "survival" tree not the damage tree. So take your pick.

2) Stealth should NOT be 100% crit but rather it DOUBLES your crit chance. This makes a TR more incentivized to stack crit rather than ignore crit because its build in. Its easy to get 50% crit which would then STILL be 100% crit. Currently Every TR in the game ignores ARP - because their damage is peircing and they ignore crit because they get free 100% crit.... Changing #1 and now this would make TRs forced to stack stats like everyone else which is only fair.

3) Change Shadow Strike so that the "stealth bonus" is now that it refills stealth and the "normal" tooltip is that it dazes the target. So this is merely a "ranged" Daze however can be use tactically when used inside stealth.

I think thats really it. Now its harder for a TR to get back into stealth once out of it, making it a much tougher choice to CoS spam in stealth, its used more defensively now. You can still try to "perma" because Shadow Strike still refills INSIDE of stealth.

I guess the other thing I would like to see changed is:

4) Shadow of Demise: This feat should now JUST buff damage done IN stealth by 50%. Forget this "piercing thing, forget this "delay" blah blah. Just give a FLAT 50% damage boost inside stealth. Done. Now this is a true assassin class. My only feat with this is SE spam during stealth... However atleast TR would be more of a 1 hit wonder.
  • reds351reds351 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    ayroux wrote: »
    Also the solution here is pretty simple:

1) S.O. - no longer should deal piercing damage. Just flat physical damage. This is the "survival" tree not the damage tree. So take your pick.

2) Stealth should NOT be 100% crit but rather it DOUBLES your crit chance. This makes a TR more incentivized to stack crit rather than ignore crit because its build in. Its easy to get 50% crit which would then STILL be 100% crit. Currently Every TR in the game ignores ARP - because their damage is peircing and they ignore crit because they get free 100% crit.... Changing #1 and now this would make TRs forced to stack stats like everyone else which is only fair.

3) Change Shadow Strike so that the "stealth bonus" is now that it refills stealth and the "normal" tooltip is that it dazes the target. So this is merely a "ranged" Daze however can be use tactically when used inside stealth.

I think thats really it. Now its harder for a TR to get back into stealth once out of it, making it a much tougher choice to CoS spam in stealth, its used more defensively now. You can still try to "perma" because Shadow Strike still refills INSIDE of stealth.

I guess the other thing I would like to see changed is:

4) Shadow of Demise: This feat should now JUST buff damage done IN stealth by 50%. Forget this "piercing thing, forget this "delay" blah blah. Just give a FLAT 50% damage boost inside stealth. Done. Now this is a true assassin class. My only feat with this is SE spam during stealth... However atleast TR would be more of a 1 hit wonder.

1) Well the damage tree kinda got its capstone ninja-nerfed (pfft who needs updates in patchnotes)

2) The 100% crit is the trade off for losing stealth for using at wills, would you rather have us not lose stealth again?

3) so no way to get back in stealth.

4) really SOD? ITS BROKEN ATM ANYWAY WHY ARE YOU COMPLAINING???
  • pando83pando83 Member Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Finish him! Potality!
    Sorry it's too funny couldn't resist after reading the replies to ayroux.

Agree or not, ayroux is giving his point of view and at least talks about mechanics instead of writing a WoT filled with personal attacks and 'you hate me cause i'm so awesome and skilled' stuff.