What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

TR out of control (CoS/SO/LM)

Comments

• Options
    martianmnhuntermartianmnhunter Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 236 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Yes, both TR & CW run through other classes bla bla, but if TR goes against CW, CW almost doesn't stand a chance.

It's ok if they are both at the top, but look at K/D ratio of both classes and you will quickly realize TR > * (including CW)
  • Options
    zeusomzeusom Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 810 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Like another correctly said earlier, this is mainly an out of control damage problem with Shadowy Opportunity + Lostmauth set (and amplification of these with some feats) not a general TR problem.

Add an internal cooldown to lostmauth set procs.
    Nerf shadowy opportunity, pierce damage is simply too strong for that damage level.
    Maybe tone down first strike a little bit.
    Sopi (aka Haxbox) SW [Synergy]
    Sopi SW Youtube channel pvp brickabrack

• Options
    vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    morenthar wrote: »
    Are you not a forum warrior yourself? You also complain a lot about a lot of things without adding a lot of constructive solutions. I see you in many nerf threads and you seem more inclined to nerf your opponents to <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> without entertaining balanced solutions.
    Here we go again, Moronthar...

I do, a lot. But not as much as you did since I started reading the forums in m2. Any TR nerf thread, you are in, bashing people and raging against them. However, it's was understandable in those modules in prior to the monster buffs. TRs were offering gmops just so people take them in a dungeon....ridiculous. And many people participating in this kind of threads complaining either revealed to be utterly outgeared or just simply lacking the knowledge. Yes, I check the forum names ingame often.
    I don't complain about TRs stealth, I can still hear them. But what bugs me now is in the current state of the class so even If I manage to catch a rogue in stealth, I often just halved in health, if not worse. Stealth reveal was a good step into right direction, the only thing that was lacking that time is some tweaking to sabo tree and perhaps lowering the synergy of DC's sigil. Spamming three SEs in a row within lower than a minute =/= ok, is that understandable? Just because you rolled hipster WK Saboteur doesn't mean the other people chose to fail too.
  • Options
    rinat114rinat114 Member Posts: 913 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Lol and I wanted back into the scene. Looks like TR's are worse. Once the set gets nerfed it might get slightly better, thing is I'm not even sure devs know it's OP and ******ed. TR's are like pesky mosquitoes, they bite hard, they disappear and they NEVER die. Lawd cryptic, lawd.
  • Options
    zeusomzeusom Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 810 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    macjae wrote: »
    Add Shocking Execution to that list. Shocking Execution plus First Strike is absolutely broken against SWs

Yes SE, still not able to dodge whatever. TR steaths and hits SE for 100% crit and first strike bonus - try starting a 1v1 fight against a lostmauth-SO TR with 10k HP its gg before the fight starts. If SW shift mechanic is buffed to give damage immunity while slipping, problem solved. Equivalent to dodge.
    Sopi (aka Haxbox) SW [Synergy]
    Sopi SW Youtube channel pvp brickabrack

• Options
    rustlordrustlord Member Posts: 1,454 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    ayroux wrote: »
    So my solution? DONT nerf TR and DONT change a thing. INSTEAD just make it so when a TR stealths, they are NOT contesting a node and cannot cap a node stealthed.

Problem solved.

~

If you DO think thats a good idea, go ahead and support this thread: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/sho...r-AND-balanced!!!

Otherwise where else should we change TR? Nerf damage? Nerf ITC? Nerf stealth? I mean NO TR is willing to nerf their class and those things impact PVE.... Why not just change the ONE PVP issue.

+1

Why I think it might work;

You've just rendered any kind of stealth TR useless to an extent in a domination match. You can't backcap, why even bring you at all? Oh right, you're the assassin, you clear nodes. Good, you can stay.

That leaves any right-minded TR with a decision, do you want to help win the game by capturing nodes, or clearing nodes? Because then you can't effectively kill everyone and make sure the game is won.
  • Options
    jaotutjaotut Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 576 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    dunno if it's mentioned anywhere, but why did they get rid of the charges for CoS? they made the charges less at one point because CoS had too many charges and was too OP, and now they give it unlimited charges

I've been throwing CoS non stop on my TR since I realised it's unlimited at the start of mod5, + the slow which I had the main hand for, but now EVERYONE can get it

CoS should be like 4-6 charges.

ITC should give CC immunity but not 100% deflect, which procs Fey Thistle on whoever is attacking.

TR is one of my main, and I'll be happy to take these nerfs. I'm playing WK now, and I think it's more balance, still OP in some ways, but every class has some of that right now, so it seems fair.
    Merlin - CW Merlyn - HR Psylocke - TR Black Widow - GWF

Have the gear and skills, but lack the friends to play with? Come and apply for Essence of Aggression. We have been here and strong since beta. (Immature, rude, and arrogant people will not be accepted)
  • Options
    unstablevikingunstableviking Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    unfortunately TR in module 6 save his position as a top1 pvp class, he has just everything like: high dmg, best movement, best dodges (4+ the longest distance), control breaking, piercing damage and best of all....stealth...in addition, perma :P. I thought it can't be worsed than in module 5...i was wrong, devs surprise me again d(^.^)b

I pay a TR but do very little PvP (except for a few GG PvP's for the AD). So, if a change is needed that is fine, BUT LEAVE IT ALONE FOR PVE. We were often overlooked for Dungeons (and I was kicked many times, even though I had most kills and damage) due to whatever reasons, but now I find that I am welcomed in all dungeons.
  • Options
    pando83pando83 Member Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    TRs are fine in PvE. I do agree that the changes should not affect pve.
  • Options
    roguelueroguelue Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    people need to take a step back and remember what PVP means.. player vs player...
    it is not PVI player vs invisible....
    every game i have played that had a stealth class also had a counter to that ablity..
    WOW had cat eye potion.. that allowed stealthed players to be seen in close.
    Plant side had darklight vission that also allowed sight of invisible players.
    A damage over time (DOT) would often stop the player from going into stealth or would highlight them....
    fairy fire was always the counter in D&D to invisiblity,,,
    add that into the game, then it will become player vs player like it should be.
  • Options
    fantasycharacterfantasycharacter Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 675 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    roguelue wrote: »
    people need to take a step back and remember what PVP means.. player vs player...
    it is not PVI player vs invisible....
    every game i have played that had a stealth class also had a counter to that ablity..
    WOW had cat eye potion.. that allowed stealthed players to be seen in close.
    Plant side had darklight vission that also allowed sight of invisible players.
    A damage over time (DOT) would often stop the player from going into stealth or would highlight them....
    fairy fire was always the counter in D&D to invisiblity,,,
    add that into the game, then it will become player vs player like it should be.

Lantern of revelation lets you see stealthed up close.
  • Options
    fantasycharacterfantasycharacter Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 675 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I wish there were artifacts that nullified everyone else's tab abilities.

Would be nice to cancel tabbed shield or GF block.
  • Options
    pando83pando83 Member Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Can gwf behind shield if GF is not "abusing" hardtargetlock since shield up=slower movement (not lightspeed movement buff like TR stealth).
    Can deplete tabbed shield.
    Can debuff or kite unstoppable. Can cc and interrupt DC trying to at-will to gather divinity.
    And so on.

No jedi prediction involved. You can argue about said mechanics being too powerful from your point of view but they do have a clear counter that does not involve predicting where an invisibile enemy is to have a small chance to hit him.
    It's also not stealth itself as stated many times, but

- mix with immunities be it ITC or spam rolls leaving a window of vulnerability too small or during stealth only
    - increased speed of movement while in stealth
    - being able to attack from range while invisibile and deal damage
    - SE ignoring tenacity

I'd rather fix path- specific abilities to balance the mix of tools, for example ITC, and make se respect tenacity.
  • Options
    roguelueroguelue Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    amvek wrote: »
    Oh you mean like the mechanic that lets a player see a rogue when they are within melee distance already? As someone else said the lantern allows it to be seen at greater distances the more it is leveled! Might even work at throwing dagger distance at max level!
    and there is nothing wrong with that either, it means the rogue has to PVP... not be invisible attacking ...
    as far as the lantern it is not commen where as the items mentioned in my first post could be had by anybody..
    scrolls of see invisible or potions of see invisible... those are staples of D&D
  • Options
    lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Shouldn't have to keep saying this, but: Respect each other's opinion or just refrain from posting.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com