test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Patch Notes: NW.45.20150416c.4

Comments

• umt1982umt1982 Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    There are a few good things and quite a few bad or confusing.

I like the fixes to some bugs but to change bugs for certain things and not others is confusing. For example, you fix the hastening light and lostmauth bug but you don't fix the bugs in eCC where you can stand on the ledge or in the net and not be hit by the boss or adds...... I saw an HR use the bleed bug in eLoL WITHOUT the lostmauth set and while we were all attacking the bosses but only fix the lostmauth set.... So now all everyone is going to want to run is eCC for the final boss bug.

I like the change to donation for Tiamat but what does it matter though? No one has even come close to defeating Tiamat for that to matter AT ALL. I like, enjoy difficult but when it is a reasonable and obtainable difficulty to beat and not in it's current state of impossible.

I like the ability to post stacks for refining and not just 5 individual enchants each time. However, this does not help me now as I already have all 4 artifacts to Mythic. Better late than never though. Guess I can utilize this for artifact gear. So long as this applies to artifact gear too. Speaking of artifact gear. The ability to make, farm or buy refining stones for artifact gear is still no better than it was pre-mod 6. I also hear that there will be new artifact main hands with the only difference being the base stats given on it (I.E. Mine now for a DC give lifesteal and new ones will give a different stat). My mainhand is to level 52.... So, I am suppose to refine ANOTHER mainhand because you coudln't give me a stat that is useful to my class????

The rewards for dungeons are sad, pathetic and disapointing. High difficulty with low to no reward. 10k-20k AD plus campaign resources to make keys aren't worth the rewards (refine stones) given in chests. The deflation of the AH makes it even worse with the only items still holding the inflation ways of pre-mod 6 being artifact gear refining stones. Buying the cheapest refining stone on the AH will cost about 12 million AD to refine an artifact gear from 1-legend..... with half of that cost being from 51-legend. At 24k AD per day, 4 days per 100k(ish), 40 days per 1 million(ish)....... Enchantments up to level 10 are still as bothersome as they were pre-mod 6. How is it easier to level an enchantment/runestone from 10-12 than it is from 8-10?

Still on the aspect of dungeons. Doing the same 3 dungeons OVER AND OVER AND OVER is unbelievably boring. And 3 dungeons we have all done too many times as it is pre-mod 6 and now we get to do them hundreds of more times. Epic CC, TOS and GWD for the protector seals and when we finish the few hundred runs of these all we have left to run are VT, MC, KR and Elol. Again, dungeons we have all ran hundreds to millions of times already. This is our endgame.....This is the future of this game.... So, I assume mod 7 will give us FH, KARRU, SP, DV and CN.....

The "new" dungeons and "new" campaigns are nothing more than old ones adjusted for the level cap. So, the "new" mod isn't new but rather just everything old copy and pasted. For those of us who already have the campaigns finished and had them done pre-mod 6 was given nothing to do for this mod after we complete our sets and gear....... I need only 2 elemental elven pieces, have 4 mythic artifacts and all artifact gear is from level 48-52. So my endgame will be done in a couple weeks. Then what???? New game then, I guess. I have spent so much time, effort, energy and a good amount of money since starting this game at the end of mod 3. This mod seems like a giant slap in the face.
  • zurimorzurimor Member Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    The list of fixes in this patch are impressive. Are there more needed... you bet. But this is a great start. It's too bad all some people do is whine and cry because a certain issue that affects them hasnt been fixed yet... but they are of course the most important person in their world. There are a couple of issues that affect my character that didnt get fixed, and some that were reported to be fixed and after a test on preview last night, they are not. I will keep posting the bugs... but you wont see me being a witch about it.

Mod 6 is a disaster. But it is refreshing to see a new lead designer jump in and put out a letter like he did to the community. From the tone of some of the posts above, I am sure some have not bothered to read it.

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/9213383-neverwinter%3A-looking-into-elemental-evil

Take the time... its worth the read, and a letter like this... sent by a lead developer to a game community is unheard of.

There are a lot of things broken right now. They have to start somewhere, and its going to take time. If what Scott has said about his plans and intent as lead dev are any indication, a lot more fixes are coming. I really hope they can get Neverwinter back on track, and make it even better.

There are those who wont agree and that's fine. Everyone has their own opinion. There are also those that are going to complain no matter what... let them.

I couldn't agree more with this! Thanks for your post, more of those are needed.
  • sirlussirlus Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Thanks for the fixes. it very appreciated. Still patiently waiting for more :)
  • doidlokodoidloko Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Domination = 40min+ to find a match, when find your group leave or disconect or got only noobs(not balanced).
    Dungeons = You is HR? R:NO ok kick, Know the bug? R:NO ok kick. if u find a team will not kick u, the monsters hit 40k demage and kill all easy.

New sets and weapons = No bonus
    Clerics = Never Die
    Server = Disconect all time, dungeons bugs, dungeons lags on boss.

Nice MOD6 for rich´s players nor to new players
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    if you are online you can check by yourself if the game is up, if you are not at home you cant play in any case.
    i hardly doubt the studio opens at 7 AM. Akro maybe did that because was nice enough and because he could for personal reasons.
  • alexlegacy2alexlegacy2 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Anyone has any links or updates as to what time the game will really be up?
  • zurimorzurimor Member Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Actually, they let us know: https://twitter.com/NeverwinterGame/
    Not in this forum maybe, but the twitter and facebook pages belong to this game, too.
  • azurie1azurie1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9
    edited April 2015
    that's not where information about patch updates is supposed to be posted you are aware of that right? it's purely a secondary information location same for facebook too
  • drtysnchzdrtysnchz Member Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    "The Paladin artifact weapon "Longsword of Elemental Fire" has been changed to "Mace of Elemental Fire," in accordance with this the item's visual appearance has changed as well."

While i can appreciate making this into a mace, what is this over sized abomination of a baby rattle i was given???
  • drey181drey181 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Doumweielle, you spent 2 mill AD? Wow.... My lvl 60 DC has a item level of 1,586 with just spending 250k AD.
  • sumtasumta Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    "Intellect Devourer's Active bonus now properly works."

THANK YOU
  • ndiovndiov Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    That is a lot of fixes. I hope to see many more week after week.

Desperately need to fix bugged ranked 4 powers that either get weaker or stop working all together. And not waste time nerfing XP gain in campaigns that are 3x harder than they used to be.
  • roknorr1roknorr1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Bags of Holding now BoE. BOOOOOOO!
    What a terrible idea. Was that something we were asking for? - NO!
    Why do you hate your loyal customers so much?
  • soulbearer1soulbearer1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Will there be a way to get the black ice from the black ice gear we have already salvaged? I was sorely disappointed when I just got 1K AD for it.

Same here! I refined full sets of Courrpted and Purified with full sets of rings and cloak of both. I needed bank space so I didn't care about the gear anymore either since it's really outdated.
    Forgotten Realms Forever!
    Thank you, Ed. :D
  • soulbearer1soulbearer1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    roknorr1 wrote: »
    Bags of Holding now BoE. BOOOOOOO!
    What a terrible idea. Was that something we were asking for? - NO!
    Why do you hate your loyal customers so much?

Oh, NOO! I just moved them over to my Paladin class as I was just playing the class to see if I liked it. Now, they're stuck on a class I'll never play again?

Nauseous.. excuse me while i go puke from stress overload.
    Forgotten Realms Forever!
    Thank you, Ed. :D
  • roknorr1roknorr1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    And they still didn't fix the Direct3D bug! OMG, why do they hate us?!
  • rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Anyone else unable to spend points on new feats and powers?
    The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.

• wlinazwlinaz Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Bags of Holding: These items are now all Bind on Equip. Any current bags slotted will become bound.

Kinda like buying a car and having the dealer sneak up at night and chaining it to your house...

Paid for a bag under different terms so I can send it along to whoever is running Alchemy, for the extra potion load. Make it account bound, plz...
  • rversantrversant Member Posts: 896 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    So I guess the Changes to unstoppable I was waiting for before playing my GWF again arent coming?
    People are way too negative, Why cant we just all get along.

Drunken Goose of MidNight Express. - 3.3k Paladin , 3.6k GWF , 3.1k GF,
  • aspen10aspen10 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Why all the complains? It's been months since we've seen a long list of patch notes. This is a win! It means new people are in town and that is promising.
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    aspen10 wrote: »
    Why all the complains? It's been months since we've seen a long list of patch notes. This is a win! It means new people are in town and that is promising.

ToD quests getting their exp nerfed into nothing.

Yeah, real promising...
  • crixus8000crixus8000 Member Posts: 1,205 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2015
    Still no fix for dragon hoards :( They aren't dropping anything....
    Crixus - PVP GF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • youngdeathsteryoungdeathster Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    rabbinicus wrote: »

I'm also unable to spend ability scores, feats, or power points as of 04/23/2015 patch. After commiting changes to ability scores or feats, they just reset back. Power points; it will show them upgrade then disappear and give you back your power point(s)
  • obsiddiaobsiddia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,025 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    "Death Slaad: Cloudkill now deals 150% more damage."

This was needed... why?
    Did you really think anyone could steal the power of the god of thieves?
  • elvalianonelvalianon Member Posts: 331 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    The lvl up effect still happens on my dailies (cw).
  • elvalianonelvalianon Member Posts: 331 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    It should go straight to your inventory.
  • blamecharlesblamecharles Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    * Rank 4 of Paragon powers are now correctly locked until the player is level 70 and has spent 70 power points.

No you guys just locked them period. Now i am stuck with a toon with no feats or boons after a respec.
  • sharonioussharonious Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    rabbinicus wrote: »

ME! I leveled up this morning and can't spend my points. Or, I can spend them but as soon as I switch tabs they revert.
  • sharonioussharonious Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Would like to add to the chorus of voices saying please please PLEASE fix the bugged rank 4 powers.

Since I haven't seen it posted as an example on this thread, the CD for Icy Terrain adds 2 seconds at rank 4 instead of being 2 sec faster (so a net 4 seconds slower than it should be). It's like a death blow for Oppressor specs in a lot of fights. :(

**edited for typo
  • aidek0aidek0 Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    LoL set might be 'fixed' but I've been told HR can still bug mobs and do massive dmg somehow. Before the patch I've seen hunters kill stuff rapidly without the LoL set. Since I trust the person who told me this, I assume this is true.
    The same goes for the AP gain, the HG does not give AP anymore, however Hammer of Fate should give it. I am not sure if this is the skill, however I am sure to have seen an AP gain bug today, after the patch. There is still something wrong.

Any confirmation by a HR himself who can reproduce this might be nice tho.
This discussion has been closed.