test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Patch Notes: NW.45.20150416c.4

Comments

• tommybostictommybostic Member Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I wish the "inspect" option should get fixed. I loved the idea of it by how some stalkers wouldnt be able to inspect me, or the guild Im currently in, but on the other hand creating teams from lfg is hell now, without this option.. yesterday I was searchin for a CW with high dps, dude told me he has p.vorpal and epic artifact etc, so ok I invite, we enter dungeon, I inspect him - blue artifacts,one green, no ench in weapon and armor - awesome!

Also Item Level is bugged when inspecting others - it shows our Item Lvl instead of theirs.
  • ktrelisktrelis Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    What about rank 4 anointed army not giving damage resistance like it did at rank 1-3? so your fixing the bugs that make clerics stronger but not fixing the bugs that make them weaker?
  • skemer2015skemer2015 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    ok this hasn't happened to everyone, but when im in a group, the player portraits go across the screen instead of down the side....it is so anoying..please fix this....
  • djarkaandjarkaan Member Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    So missing augment stats were waiting? Serves me right for buying zen.
  • demonstorms56demonstorms56 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    mjytresz wrote: »
    Most of Warlock's Encounters and Class Features are ridiculously useless or utterly unusable in endgame play.
    And yet there's still no fixes.

Great job.

agreed to the 1000% I mean my sw I can make it work but give us something useful oh and anyone else notice no dungeons are in the notes of returning pretty sure I saw a post that said some would make it back today.
    Demons Run When A Good Man Goes To War
  • str8slayerstr8slayer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 715 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2015
    agreed to the 1000% I mean my sw I can make it work but give us something useful oh and anyone else notice no dungeons are in the notes of returning pretty sure I saw a post that said some would make it back today.

Oh don't worry, I'm sure they're saving the rest of the "old" dungeons for "new" modules... They don't even have the people to make any decent new content, they're gonna be recycling for a long while unless PWE lets them hire some new talent...

Exploits fixed, numerous broken powers/skills/feats/features stay broken...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • soditalloversoditallover Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Bags of Holding: These items are now all Bind on Equip. Any current bags slotted will become bound. wtf anyone else see that
  • kallonondekallononde Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    So now that you put different patch version than this out there what stuff from this list isnt getting fixed?
  • ilitsilits Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Fix for break the spirit pending for a half year.
    annointed army bugged too in rank 4.
    and really dont know what else is bugged on dc class, i wonder what is working and not
  • ddbeasleyddbeasley Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    SOOOO no fix to Paladin's justice feat? There so way you guys dont know about that . . . IT DOES NOT WORK PEOPLE . . . .
  • glartyglarty Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    You havin' a giggle mates? They better not be character bound.

Yup, bound to char.

On preview, if the bag was slotted you can un-equip without issue.
    BUT when you re-equip its bound to char.

Note - Cult bags do not bind on preview.
  • izworizwor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 238 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    What are you really doing there in PW?? Drinking coke and smoking cigarettes?
    Why Shadow of Demise is not fixed?
    Do you really want to kill PVE TR?
    I expect free respect token.
    What you do is misleading players, while description say one thing, actual effect is different.

You got tons of pages with feedback, bug and exploit reports and yet you do almost nothing, fixing 10% of bugs every two weeks.
    I don't know if there is any reason to play on preview if you, as dev team ignore so many things.
  • translucentwolftranslucentwolf Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Expect? Hah. You got one, with mod 6. If you want another, buy it like the rest of us.
  • curagaultimacuragaultima Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    sad to see overwhelming negativity is all most people can muster for the latest patch notes.

I just wanted to say, this is the only MMO i play now, and i exclusively PVP.

thank you for adding unique classes and giving me a place to match my skill vs others.
    your pvp system should be the envy of the mmofps market. I hope one day people realize it.
    Pleas keep up the excellent work everyone.

Thank You.

a pvper.
  • kallonondekallononde Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Didnt read if there's any differences but patch notes for version seemingly going live soon:
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?904051-Elemental-Evil-Preview-Patch-Notes-NW-45-20150416c-3
  • indalordindalord Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Yes we had a free one with mod6. But as we can all see in game, there are many things not working atm . So Yes ! we ll appreciate a new free respect token to adapt our gameplay.
    Ty for fixing the DC bug as the pvp was not really fair recently...
    and Ty for all the work done in this patch.
    Indalord I & II
  • aimeesellersaimeesellers Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 342 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    The list of fixes in this patch are impressive. Are there more needed... you bet. But this is a great start. It's too bad all some people do is whine and cry because a certain issue that affects them hasnt been fixed yet... but they are of course the most important person in their world. There are a couple of issues that affect my character that didnt get fixed, and some that were reported to be fixed and after a test on preview last night, they are not. I will keep posting the bugs... but you wont see me being a witch about it.

Mod 6 is a disaster. But it is refreshing to see a new lead designer jump in and put out a letter like he did to the community. From the tone of some of the posts above, I am sure some have not bothered to read it.

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/9213383-neverwinter%3A-looking-into-elemental-evil

Take the time... its worth the read, and a letter like this... sent by a lead developer to a game community is unheard of.

There are a lot of things broken right now. They have to start somewhere, and its going to take time. If what Scott has said about his plans and intent as lead dev are any indication, a lot more fixes are coming. I really hope they can get Neverwinter back on track, and make it even better.

There are those who wont agree and that's fine. Everyone has their own opinion. There are also those that are going to complain no matter what... let them.
    A'Mie Stormshield (GF) / A'Mie Stormshard (CW)
    Play Legit or Quit
    PandorasMisfits_Logo_175_zpskpytcqxc.png
    Pandora's Misfits Guild Leader
  • guza#8840 guza Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Why are patch notes so hard to read >_<
    Need more paragraphs, bold, italic and underlined fonts .
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,462 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    tihi wrote: »
    Why are patch notes so hard to read >_<
    Need more paragraphs, bold, italic and underlined fonts .

It didn't copy/paste well.

Try this list instead:

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?904051-Elemental-Evil-Preview-Patch-Notes-NW-45-20150416c-3
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • gogu79gogu79 Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Enemies
    Death Slaad: Cloudkill now deals 150% more damage.

this is great news this is what players want in mod 6 another 1 shot kill ^^
    this mob realy dont need that 150% boost dmg they hit like 20 000 in 1 shot +150% is 50 000 hp burned in 1 shot
    Dragons? On MY Way !!
  • gimpocalypsegimpocalypse Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited April 2015

Items and Economy

Bags of Holding: These items are now all Bind on Equip. Any current bags slotted will become bound.

Bound to Account I'd hope as BtC wouldn't make much sense... if not this is pretty lame move.

I understand the idea you wouldn't be able to use then sell them but that doesn't even seem worthy of binding them... only the end-user gets shafted on this... if it's a response to circumventing the Zen cap, it missed it's mark?

Don't believe 12 hours before making a permanent binding status change on the Live server is a sufficient amount of time especially when it's placed in the middle of a wall of text
    ... is this the same method that'll be used to deliver the notice when enchantments/runestones are made bound as they seem to be the last use & can still sell item left?

User Interface

Refinement: Stacks of items may now be slotted instead of individual items. Up to five stacks of refinement items may be used at one times. The estimated total RP value of the stack is displayed when slotted and the actual total value (crits) is displayed when Refined.

Hope the "crits" bug has been fixed using stacks in refining?

Hate breaking stacks into groups of 5 to avoid wasting up to 5 rp items at a time... be awesome to waste stacks at time instead.
    Been looking forward to upgrading my Perfect Sarcasm font, but due to recent changes it seems I will need to grind the Nine Hells for my Pure Sarcasm font... ironic isn't it?
  • dervish64dervish64 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    SO it cloak tower fixed?
  • dervish64dervish64 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Did cloak tower get fixed at all even with 5 you cannot enter
  • doumweielledoumweielle Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I've only been playing this game for a few months and I love it, but I must say this new mod has messed a lot of things up. Like why when we fight bosses do we get gear drops that are worse than the gear we are currently wearing. I know good gear shouldn't be to easy to come by but ****. you would think if u defeat a boss or do a heroic encounter you would get something worth while. I just spent over 2 mill AD just to get my total item level to a reasonable 1,612 not even 2,000. And u want us to have at least a item level of 1,600 just to do half of the epic dungeons? and to top all that off u cant even get good elemental gear to up your item level unless you do epic dungeons which u cant do because its so freaking hard to get good gear,that is of course unless u do a **** ton of vigilance tasks to the point where u have developed carpel tunnel and ur wrist pop and ur *** is so numb ur not sure u have one anymore. I just finished all the vigilance task and my brain feels like it just died. And the refining process for artifacts I mean did u have to make it that freaking hard I just spent 600,000 AD just to get 2 weapon artifacts from green to blue not even freaking purple and now im broke. and to think now I have to get it all the way to mythic ? come on now wtf how do u expect people to afford this <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. there arnt enough opportunities in the game to make that kinda AD. I mean yeah u get 3,000 for dungeons during dungeon delve time and 1,000 during skirmish and 4,000 for 3 foundry quest so all together u can only refine 24,000 AD a day which isn't even enough AD to refine an artifact from green to blue . and u want us to go through all this with all of our characters huh no way hells no, way to much time effort and stress for little reward.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,346 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    r000kie wrote: »
    Tiamat donations lasting a week instead of 1 hour ->>> is THIS bad!

I guess because not enough people is capable to play there, the amount of donation per hour is next to nothing. They think they need a week to accumulate something material ......
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • emt27emt27 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I've only been playing this game for a few months and I love it, but I must say this new mod has messed a lot of things up. Like why when we fight bosses do we get gear drops that are worse than the gear we are currently wearing. I know good gear shouldn't be to easy to come by but ****. you would think if u defeat a boss or do a heroic encounter you would get something worth while. I just spent over 2 mill AD just to get my total item level to a reasonable 1,612 not even 2,000. And u want us to have at least a item level of 1,600 just to do half of the epic dungeons? and to top all that off u cant even get good elemental gear to up your item level unless you do epic dungeons which u cant do because its so freaking hard to get good gear,that is of course unless u do a **** ton of vigilance tasks to the point where u have developed carpel tunnel and ur wrist pop and ur *** is so numb ur not sure u have one anymore. I just finished all the vigilance task and my brain feels like it just died. And the refining process for artifacts I mean did u have to make it that freaking hard I just spent 600,000 AD just to get 2 weapon artifacts from green to blue not even freaking purple and now im broke. and to think now I have to get it all the way to mythic ? come on now wtf how do u expect people to afford this <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. there arnt enough opportunities in the game to make that kinda AD. I mean yeah u get 3,000 for dungeons during dungeon delve time and 1,000 during skirmish and 4,000 for 3 foundry quest so all together u can only refine 24,000 AD a day which isn't even enough AD to refine an artifact from green to blue . and u want us to go through all this with all of our characters huh no way hells no, way to much time effort and stress for little reward.

Be patient, you'll get there. I think your progress is very good for the short time playing. Don't forget about the "real world" and enjoy this game in moderation... I like the fact that you can't become OP in 2 months... and you will too
    Say something relavant or hold your tongue
  • linoge63linoge63 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 373 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Now i know why my PC remains bugged in a permanent walk mode despite several tickets...look at the mess!!
  • gotholthagargotholthagar Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I'm also curious about The Cloak Tower. Is it fixed? Me and many new players/characters can't progress and we barely started :P
  • santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Currently the only thing I care about is playability--the game has become much too difficult to be fun. I see no notes addressing this. Since Elemental Evil I have sold off gear I spent months acquiring, made level 70, bought Eternal Gear (we'll all be wearing this soon), and still get clobbered by wolves in IceWind Dale.

If they had wanted to make the game more difficult, they could have implemented over time and allowed adjustment--over time. Wrecking our characters was a bad move. I drive the game solo, so I don't have incoming healing spells or someone to revive me the numerous times I die per day. I won't pay for Scrolls of Life forever, and that's the only way to get unbroken play out of the game.

Has anyone noticed the Draconic Heralds are hardly even challenged anymore? I have only seen the Black one killed successfully once. There are too few players left, and now no one even goes after the White one.

A roll back of half the difficulty would probably save the game. I have only been reading the forums since Mod 6, because I just like playing the game. I don't have time to argue every flip and switch in the mechanics, but have become seriously perturbed by the current experience.
  • izworizwor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 238 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I havn't seen lead designer post before. It's good they are working to improve and fix game.
    If PW changed lead designer, at least they know something is not going well enough.

But what i don't understand is why there is no communication?
    Players report many bugs, glitches, exploits, wrong (in their opinion) design, etc.
    I will be happy to see post with all of our work (bug reports) gathered together and sign by DEVELOPER,
    'we are working on it', 'we are aware of the issue' or 'it will be fixed in next week patch'.

Now we have some threads where DEVs post many times on the same subject,
    but 90% of the bugs are not answered.
    People are posting same bug over and over again and we do't know if it's working as intended,
    but there is misleading information in description or they work hard to fix issue or maybe they just don't care and ignore it...
This discussion has been closed.