What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Dragon hoard enchantments, Drop Rate Issues

Comments

• Options
    b3nstoneb3nstone Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I noticed the enchants drop as expected for around 15min after login/starting to play. Then the drop rate plunges to almost nothing. Got 3 drops in 3 hours of gameplay yesterday. I have 5 x normal enchants (10%). Clearly NOT wai.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    b0rkch0p wrote: »
    I'd still like a notification that I got one.. rather than a surprise..

Turn on loot notifications in your main chat window then.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    brisedabriseda Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    It also pops up in the lower right side of your screen if you watch for it.
  • Options
    namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    The drop rate definitely feel nerfed in Drowned Shores. Feels like I get more pre-mod 6 in WoD while spending less time there.
  • Options
    feanor70118feanor70118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,170 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    People who try to point out that the enchants auto-pickup now: yeah. We know. We noticed that in 10 seconds. Please stop repeating it. The fact is in the new zones the enchantments 1) do not drop at anything like the advertised rate and 2) stop working entirely after a few hours each day. I have 5 r9 enchantments - that means 100k for the enchantments themselves, about 650k RP, and ONE MILLION AD for the greater marks to upgrade them, probably another 150k for the preservation wards it took. That's 1250k AD being wasted because we are either being intentionally cheated here or the devs are simply IGNORING A GLARING PROBLEM AS USUAL.
  • Options
    kurtb88kurtb88 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 597 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    People who try to point out that the enchants auto-pickup now: yeah. We know. We noticed that in 10 seconds. Please stop repeating it. The fact is in the new zones the enchantments 1) do not drop at anything like the advertised rate and 2) stop working entirely after a few hours each day. I have 5 r9 enchantments - that means 100k for the enchantments themselves, about 650k RP, and ONE MILLION AD for the grater marks to upgrade them, probably another 150k for the preservation wards it took. That's 1250k AD being wasted because we are either being intentionally cheated here or the devs are simply IGNORING A GLARING PROBLEM AS USUAL.

Everything in this quote is correct. In the new areas almost nothing drops for the enchantments. It needs to be addressed by Cryptic.
  • Options
    ph33rm3ph33rm3 Member Posts: 549 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    kurtb88 wrote: »
    Everything in this quote is correct. In the new areas almost nothing drops for the enchantments. It needs to be addressed by Cryptic.

I can also confirm this. Upon entering The Drowned Shore I received 4 or 5 hoard drops in the first few minutes. Then nothing for over 15 mins. So I thought I would try another zone. It's didn't matter where I went, the hoard drops were not coming. After 1+ hour with no drop I quit playing. I am so angry right now I want to spit on someone.
  • Options
    jiinksjiinks Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Actually, it is useful for the devs to know that it is an inconsistent issue. That it is working for some characters, or for some lengths of time for some characters is good information.

I received free RP stones in Reclamation Rock today. I have not been tracking closely enough to know if the drop rate was in the expected range, though. I also didn't die, nor did I re-equip the enchants or the equipment the enchants are in.
  • Options
    boutmos#0510 boutmos Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I know about the auto loot gems.
    But after a half day playing in the firey pit, I got absolutely no gem in this zone with my +15% dragon's hoard enchantment.
  • Options
    friartfriart Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I spent a fortune on make these Dragon Hoard enchants. Please can you tell us how they are working different now?
    If it is not considered a bug, then please tell us so I can use the slots for other enchants.
  • Options
    jenacydejenacyde Member Posts: 30
    edited April 2015
    Yeah it stops and starts. I can't seem pinpoint why it starts or stops. Just know that it is. Please fix.
  • Options
    cerberusxllcerberusxll Member Posts: 387 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    neither fey blessing or dragon hoard gems works for me since slotting them back into my util slots. I've tested it in the new areas and zones like sharandar, dread ring, WoD etc and not one single drop has materialised.
    Cerberus | Scylla | Orion | Makelo | Nemesis | Ares | Artemis | Asclepius | Nyx | Hades | Dexithea | Dolos | Demonax | Athena | Enyo | Medusa | Talos | Alcyone
  • Options
    lowjohnlowjohn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,061 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    neither fey blessing or dragon hoard gems works for me since slotting them back into my util slots. I've tested it in the new areas and zones like sharandar, dread ring, WoD etc and not one single drop has materialised.

The new behaviour is that there's no "drop", the item just goes straight into your inventory. They're working for me - try checking how much you have (or having nothing) in inventory, running through Sharandar for 5 minutes so you get a lot of redcap kills, then opening your inventory and checking for new items with a "new" marker? I don't get a notification of Dragon Hoard pickups, but I appear to still be getting regular Dragon Hoard drops.
  • Options
    cerberusxllcerberusxll Member Posts: 387 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    lowjohn wrote: »
    The new behaviour is that there's no "drop", the item just goes straight into your inventory. They're working for me - try checking how much you have (or having nothing) in inventory, running through Sharandar for 5 minutes so you get a lot of redcap kills, then opening your inventory and checking for new items with a "new" marker? I don't get a notification of Dragon Hoard pickups, but I appear to still be getting regular Dragon Hoard drops.

I've been playing this game since open beta, I know to check my inventory before posting on these forums.

there is nothing being put into my inventory from these enchantments.
    Cerberus | Scylla | Orion | Makelo | Nemesis | Ares | Artemis | Asclepius | Nyx | Hades | Dexithea | Dolos | Demonax | Athena | Enyo | Medusa | Talos | Alcyone
  • Options
    feanor70118feanor70118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,170 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    lowjohn wrote: »

I don't know how many times I've said this on the forums so far, but WE KNOW. WE KNOW ABOUT AUTO-LOOTING. PLEASE STOP SAYING THAT. We are talking about the well-observed fact taht the enchantments stop working after a few hours of play each day. Stop giving the devs reason to ignore the huge problem that we are getting nothing in return for our very expensive investment of AD, RP and time into these enchantments. Maybe try reading the whole thread before posting the first thing that pops into your head after the subject line.

Sheesh.
  • Options
    rversantrversant Member Posts: 896 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I seem to be getting them exactly the same rate as before.
    Can someone run a playtest of a few hours play and log how many drops they get vs how many mobs they kill, space out groups of kills though as they do have an ICD . this can get an idea of the droprate and ICD and whether its the same or not.
    People are way too negative, Why cant we just all get along.

Drunken Goose of MidNight Express. - 3.3k Paladin , 3.6k GWF , 3.1k GF,
  • Options
    jenacydejenacyde Member Posts: 30
    edited April 2015
    Ok so I cleared out my bag of any refinement stones before going to Ice Wind Dale. I did the yeti mini dungeon, Biggrin whole instance, all the daily PVE quests on both sides. And 1 peridot dropped for me in my inventory which was a loot from a kit. Nothing else went into my inventory what so ever. During all those quests I used to get maybe 15-20 drops. I have 5 lesser hoard enchants so 5%.

So it definitely is broken for some areas for some people. I can only imagine how many refining stones I have lost to this bug. I know it was broken in other areas as well, but I didn't keep as good track of it.

And before anyone says it "YES I KNOW THEY AUTO LOOT" It works sometimes but broken half the time.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, I too have moved over my enchants to new gear. So perhaps the huge loss I was noticing before was switching out some to new gear. Now they are all in new level 70 PVP gear.

UPDATE: Today I took all the DH enchants out of their slots and re-slotted them, they worked for about an hour then stopped again. This is quite annoying and expensive.
  • Options
    boryskarambulloboryskarambullo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    rversant wrote:
    Can someone run a playtest of a few hours play

In mod 5 my drop rate with 5 Dragon's Hoard Enchantments (2% chance for drop rp) in utility slot was ~1 stone / 5-10 mobs (lvl 61) in Dwarven Valley. I could farm it non stop.

In mod 6 my drop rate with 5 Dragon's Hoard Enchantments (2% chance for drop rp) in utility slot is ~1 stone / 15-25 mobs (lvl 73) in Dwarven Valley for first ~30 min. After ~30 min. it stops.

With 5 Greater Dragon's Hoard Enchantment (3% chance for drop rp) sloted, results are similar (only number of mobs i have to kill to get rp is 10-20).

I've test it each day since 9.04 (2 days after mod 6 start, and i've reach lvl 70)

I've try to relog, remove enchantments and slot it back, put enchantments in other armor set (and equip it), remove all other enchantments from all slots and stay with 5 Dragon's Hoard Enchantments only, change instance, remove all stuff from inventory, change powers/passive skills.
    Last 2 days I've test it in Dwarven Valley, Dread Ring, Reclamation Rock and Ebon Downs. In every zone with same results
  • Options
    w00trandomsnoobiw00trandomsnoobi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 387 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    After reading this thread yesterday, I decided to pay close attention to my drops. I have moved the inventory notice to the left side of the screen under party where it's easier to see. I have 3 normal dragon hoards and I spent about 4 hours in Fiery Pit on this character (sometimes logging off to invoke on my alts).

Everything was working great at first, I got peridots and aquamarines and even a sapphire. After some hours I noticed that I haven't seen a drop in a while and I created a separate chat tab for only inventory notifications and scrolled back and I saw I had gotten a white pearl about 20 minutes ago and nothing else since. I had to log out for a while after that and when I logged back in, I still had no drop rate. After half an hour of playing I again got a white pearl and then nothing until I logged out.
  • Options
    horofoxhorofox Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    DH enchantments suddenly started working after daily reset today. Before that zero drops, reequip and relog didn't help.
  • Options
    boryskarambulloboryskarambullo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    So today after my drop ends (it last a little bit longer, but still less then hour. I had 25 stones), I did some test in Ebon Downs and Helm's Hold:
    After ~250 mobs in Ebon Downs i had 1 stone. In Helm's Hold i had drop after kill first 5 imps, then i killed 300+ more and get nothing.

It looks like Dragon's Hoard Enchantments works properly, right after log in. Then, after some period of time (or after kill some number of mobs?), it gets bugged.
    My first thought was that maybe multiple copies of DHE doesn't increase the chance of drop anymore, but it could be something else.

Those who play long enough, knows that some bugs in previous mods, were caused by replacing integer with wrong decimal numbers in some calculations (1% was actually 0,1%)
    So MAYBE my 10% chance to get rp (with 5 DHE) after some time, is actually 1,0%.
    It's just a theory and to confirm that, I should do hours of testing (which will never happen), but it might be logical explanation.

Anyway, please fix it.
  • Options
    razlorusrazlorus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    So after looking around on this and watching how it happens with mine it almost feels like there is a daily cap on how much you can farm thought that being said I have not tracked how much refinement I have gotten before they break so can not claim that they have but it does feel like it.
  • Options
    gromm1gromm1 Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    razlorus wrote: »
    So after looking around on this and watching how it happens with mine it almost feels like there is a daily cap on how much you can farm thought that being said I have not tracked how much refinement I have gotten before they break so can not claim that they have but it does feel like it.
    Need log game and test, it seems to be new Ninja -nerf from devs. Really fair to try this way increase game profit.. hidden nerfs.

Maybe Dragon Hoards needs tooltip what say, "You have a ?% chance for Ninja hidden nerfs"...

• Options
    abaddon523abaddon523 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    The developers really, really need to comment on this issue. They either need to confirm that there is a bug and that they will look into fixing it, or they need to come clean that this is an intentional nerf.

As the game stands now there is only one legitimate option to gathering materials to refine your own artifact equipment: Dragon Hoard Enchantments. There are other illegitimate ways that are against the terms of service. Right now the one legitimate source of RP, Dragon Hoard enchantments, has been choked off. They're giving a small, small fraction of the drops they are supposed to give. Prices of Peridots and Lesser Resonance stones have skyrocketed because people cannot get them on their own. As a result you're going to see more and more people start taking the illegitimate route to refining their equipment.

I'm not sure the developers recognize just how major a problem this is for legitimate players who want to build their characters through legitimate means. I've ground my way through 4 new zones, several dungeons, killed tens of thousands of enemies, and completed numerous HE's over a few weeks of playing and only walked away with a few dozen enchants to show for it where many, many, many more should be. It's a very frustrating situation.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    lordrhavinlordrhavin Member Posts: 160 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    my loot for 2 days in drowned shore with just one lesser hoard enchant and one visit to the drag in rothe valley:

02 Aquamarine
    02 Black Opal
    04 Lesser Resonance Stone
    14 Peridot
    04 White Perl
  • Options
    razlorusrazlorus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    razlorus wrote: »

So after they stopped working yesterday I came back every few hours to try them out after about 8 hours I got 1 white pearl then nothing more about 24 hours after they stopped working they are now working again will keep farming to see how long it takes to break but really feeling more and more like ninja nerf to put internal daily cap or something in place

After another hour I received an aquamarine so getting drops very rarely still but no where close to normal
  • Options
    aranfriararanfriar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I think the drop rate is considerably lower than before and over time gets worse until there are no drops.
  • Options
    mmm1001mmm1001 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 497 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Did anyone try to not invoke and farm? I don't have much time next few days but it will be good if someone does and reports result.
This discussion has been closed.