What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Dragon hoard enchantments, Drop Rate Issues

Comments

• Options
    benskix2benskix2 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 674 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I didn't see anything drop, but noticed I had a couple of flawless saphires and 5 peridots in my inventory that weren't there before, so I think they are still working.
  • Options
    oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    There appears to be a different ICD in the new areas. If you go to the pre-MOD6 areas, they work fine. The Mod6 areas it seems they either bugged the ICD or the drop rate or something, because they drop WAY less in the new areas.
  • Options
    djoffer1djoffer1 Member Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    def. something off with the drop rate... did the minsc starter quest and got a LOT of drops from dragon hoards, after i started drowning shores and player for 1-2 hours i have gotten atmost 3 drops... Atm i get a lot more drops from my feytouched enchantment(2 %) than from the 3 dragon hoards( 6%)...
  • Options
    b0rkch0pb0rkch0p Member Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I didn't get single drop after killing 300 foes.. =/ 5% == .05% in mod 6 it seems.. =( have had to turn to lvl 60+ eq to refine the arti's as Ident Scrolls drop left and right. as do Potions.. even though we no longer can use potion stacks either.
  • Options
    freshourfreshour Member Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    It is because we are supposed to spend 500 dollars to get a legendary guys!
  • Options
    malemonmalemon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 32
    edited April 2015
    talked to some other players, seems like we were getting stones till lvl 63, then they suddenly start dropping 1 per hour or so.. maybe something wrong with level based droping system?
  • Options
    cococyacococya Member Posts: 162 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    They work, I've gotten quite a few drops while doing the 2 new elemental seed quests, it's hard to notice them since they appear in you inventory directly.
  • Options
    khimera906khimera906 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 898 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Yes, they go straight to your inventory, instead of you having to pick them off the ground. It's a nice addition, in my opinion.
    I hate dancing with Lady Luck. She always steps on my toes.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    They autoloot and you won't notice it unless you've got items acquired turned on in your chat.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    djoffer1djoffer1 Member Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    cococya wrote: »
    They work, I've gotten quite a few drops while doing the 2 new elemental seed quests, it's hard to notice them since they appear in you inventory directly.

As have been stated several times already, they have been nerfed into the ground in the new lvl 60+ zones, not in the 2 seed quests, there they still proc like normal...
  • Options
    herpnderp2herpnderp2 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Has anyone gotten any refining stones in drowning shore? Seems infrequent...
  • Options
    rhoriangelusrhoriangelus Member Posts: 703 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I haven't noticed any drops, but I'm definitely getting them. I have a flawless sapphire and an opal in my bag, along with a bunch of other random stones, so it's clearly still working - AND I got these drops in the new sections, since I cleared out my bags after the seed quests. I'm actually glad for this change, it was annoying to have to check drops on the ground after downing a pack in a dungeon or skirmish to make sure I didn't leave a Hoard drop behind.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    I'd still like a notification that I got one.. rather than a surprise..
  • Options
    twitticlestwitticles Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 92
    edited April 2015
    The hoard enchantments are NOT working as they should in Drowned Shore, Reclamation Rock, Fiery Pit or their associated dungeons. Spinward Rise is yet untested. You will get the occasional drop but they're very far inbetween. Over the three hours of constant mob killing yesterday (and the associated journal achievements verifying I'd killed several hundreds of mobs) where I paid attention I had a grand total of five RP item drops. Over the next couple of hours playing a handful more, but nowhere near as many as I would have pre-mod6.
  • Options
    xagero77xagero77 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    this is really annoying, they need to get on it
  • Options
    sobacsobac Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 437 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    mmm1001 wrote: »
    Looks like "auto-collecting" feature
    Which is awesome :p My fey blessing enchants, on the other hand, does not have this "feature" :(
    As for drops... I have normal hoards and some greater... drop rate now is like I was wearing all lesser :mad:
  • Options
    bashteros1234bashteros1234 Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    My 3 normal dragon hoard enchantments were also underperforming.

I did the initial Minsc/Boo quests and the first 16 vigilant quests in Drowned Shore and I got 2 peridots and 1 aquamarine. Yes, I know they go directly into the bag, I emptied my bag before starting the quest line. I did the quests solo, so it was mostly me, who did the final blow.

The 1 lesser fey blessing enchantment performed better, some enchantment were rank 5.

It's a pity they don't seem to work, because that would help suffering the boring vigilant quests.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I haven't been in the new areas outside of some adventuring with Minsc but these drops rates do sound really problematic.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    malemonmalemon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 32
    edited April 2015
    i got 5 greater and i get averge 1 drop per hour... be4 i hitted 63 i was getting 1 every 30 seconds :I
  • Options
    daggon87daggon87 Member Posts: 288 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I have the same problem. It's starting to feel really frustrating.
    Olaf, freelance guardian fighter.
    Enorla, Oh so devoted cleric.
  • Options
    abaddon523abaddon523 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I got the normal rate of procs when I was in Sharandar. Then I went to the Drowned Shores and got basically nothing. I think in 3 hours I got 1 peridot. There's definitely a problem here.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    daggon87daggon87 Member Posts: 288 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Nothing either in the Shore with 2 different characters, and I have usually one every other mob group (and yes I know the loots are supposed to go automatically in the bags)

Edit : I just had one drop ! So it's not precisely "nothing", it's more "very very very few".
    Olaf, freelance guardian fighter.
    Enorla, Oh so devoted cleric.
  • Options
    carlonomocarlonomo Member Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    getting nothing, with 12% drop rate in any of the new zones, old zones i still get drops from hoard enchants. NEW ZONES ARE MESSED UP!
  • Options
    bashteros1234bashteros1234 Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    My 3 normal dragon hoard enchantments were also underperforming.

I did the initial Minsc/Boo quests and the first 16 vigilant quests in Drowned Shore and I got 2 peridots and 1 aquamarine. Yes, I know they go directly into the bag, I emptied my bag before starting the quest line. I did the quests solo, so it was mostly me, who did the final blow.

The 1 lesser fey blessing enchantment performed better, some enchantment were rank 5.

It's a pity they don't seem to work, because that would help suffering the boring vigilant quests.

After a short break and a relog I went to the Drowned Shores again and the enchantments seem to work better, 4 peridot/4 aquamarines for 30min play. Perhaps the relog helped, perhaps some personal counter was set differently, ...

It's obvious not everyone seem to have the problem, otherwise more people would be complaining.
  • Options
    cranberryninjacranberryninja Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Same here.
    I have 3 DH Rank11 and 2 Greater. i got about 60 refining stones from leveling 60 to 70 (~16 hours).
    Also removing Rank 11 enchants from eternal armor costs 6 copper.
  • Options
    warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    question is why did u not slot azures in utily slots it gives me 40%xp boost on rank 5/6
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    warpet wrote: »
    question is why did u not slot azures in utily slots it gives me 40%xp boost on rank 5/6

wow.. I never even thought about this.. I did it for my companion.. but forgot about this for me.. yep.. that will be changing tonight.. THANK YOU.
  • Options
    grogthemagnifgrogthemagnif Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,651 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Mine were working fine, I even picked up a black opal.
This discussion has been closed.