Install Arc
Options

Neverwinter Xbox One Closed Beta Feb 5th - Feb 8th

Comments

• Options
    uberzuberz Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    zebular wrote: »
    We might be able to get a glimpse of how this will work in the Beta next month.

Next week! :)

C'mon, when are those beta invites gong out and when's the release date! ;)
  • Options
    zazaajizazaaji Member Posts: 186
    edited January 2015
    uberz wrote: »
    Next week! :)

C'mon, when are those beta invites gong out and when's the release date! ;)

You do know that he's just a forum moderator, right? He doesn't know the answers to either of those, nor has any more say in the matter than you do.

But really, it's nearly a week before the Closed Beta, and invites still haven't gone out..... that does strike me as strange for an MMO.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Well then....sounds like disaster is incoming for console. And with the lack of any word on beta invites, a week away, not feeling the confidence in this MMO for console. Hope beta proves to be positive.

Yea, I'm getting more and more hesitant. Then again, it HAS been out since September on XB1 in China afterall, and they already have an English version on PC so translation isn't an issue... it's possible the Beta is more of a formality/publicity stunt and everything's already finished. If that's the case, then that'd be awesome, but It would make me wonder why they're delaying the release though.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Great! Then when are beta invites going out? :)

Some of us work for a living and need to ask for time off, so knowing a approximate date of when the invites will be sent out would give me an idea of I got in for beta testing and if I should ask for time off.

GoGo Cryptic!
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Sorry, I had no idea I was that wrong, I deleted that post entirely. Please kindly remove your quotings of that post, I'd appreciate it.

With that good news Zebular sheds though, I would indeed like to know when beta invites will be going out, and when we can start downloading the game if invited on XB1. Some people have slower internet, and need time to download a 10GB game. If I get an invite the day before the beta starts, it's highly possible I won't be able to play in it at all due to that.

Also you know.... release date estimate.... even something as vague as "late February or early March" would be a lot better than the "Early 2015" that we have now.

Pretty please Zebular?
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited January 2015

Some of us work for a living and need to ask for time off, so knowing a approximate date of when the invites will be sent out would give me an idea of I got in for beta testing and if I should ask for time off.

GoGo Cryptic!
    I'll pass this along for sure, very good point!
  • Options
    edited January 2015

Any word on invites? The 5th is this coming Thursday. ;)
  • Options
    attorn97attorn97 Member Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited January 2015

GoGo Cryptic!

I plan on coming down with a cold Wednesday. It'll really hit me on Thursday and Friday. 😷
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    attorn97 wrote: »
    I plan on coming down with a cold Wednesday. It'll really hit me on Thursday and Friday. 

Yea, pretty much at this point that's what it's gonna take to get time off. Actually quite disappointing that they haven't sent out invites yet. Have they ever managed a beta before? We all don't live in college dorms skipping classes...
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Yea, pretty much at this point that's what it's gonna take to get time off. Actually quite disappointing that they haven't sent out invites yet. Have they ever managed a beta before? We all don't live in college dorms skipping classes...

(Not spouting random completely false info like last time, I promise)
    I'm not sure if PWE or Cryptic is handling the XB1 beta invites, but I do know that both of them have quite a lot of beta experience. Cryptic had betas for both Champions Online and Star Trek Online, and since PWE is a big publisher, they have had loads too (including for their namesake game, Perfect World).

Unfortunately for me, if I get into the beta, it's too late for me to do anything on next Sunday. I can't claim time off this close to it, and if I call in sick I'll get fired. Unsure on the other days, as they aren't as busy as Sunday where I work.

Also, I'm kinda wondering if the invites have already gone out, but they set it to be completely randomized, and the only people that got invites are simply not posting on the forums. I'm hoping that's not the case.
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited January 2015
    No word yet, sorry. I have passed it along though.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    No word yet, sorry. I have passed it along though.
    Thanks for the reply on their lack of a reply, regardless.
    It's safe to assume there will be no answer over the entire weekend, right? I'd imagine they only work typical business hours of Mon-Fri
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    zazaaji wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply on their lack of a reply, regardless.
    It's safe to assume there will be no answer over the entire weekend, right? I'd imagine they only work typical business hours of Mon-Fri
    I really don't know who is managing the decision on when or how these invites goes out. However, as soon as I am told anything AND told that I can relay such communication, I will post here if it hasn't been posted here already. Even if such is announced elsewhere first, I have this thread marked to remind me to post here regardless.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    I really don't know who is managing the decision on when or how these invites goes out. However, as soon as I am told anything AND told that I can relay such communication, I will post here if it hasn't been posted here already. Even if such is announced elsewhere first, I have this thread marked to remind me to post here regardless.
    Yea!
    Thanks, all we can ask. :)
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Sorry Zazaji, I forgot to reply on the work hours question. Yes, Staff do work weekends but it is generally a minimal work-force that mostly consists of just the Support Team.
    Yea!
    Thanks, all we can ask. :)
    Most welcome!
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    This was posted on @Neverwinter twitter yesterday afternoon:

This was in reply to a user asking when invites will go out:
    Neverwinter
    @NeverwinterGame
    It should be sometime next week.
    It's not a concrete answer but is worth relaying.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    This was posted on @Neverwinter twitter yesterday afternoon:

This was in reply to a user asking when invites will go out:
    It's not a concrete answer but is worth relaying.

FR DM for 20+ years...care to clarify? :)

That's a extremely experienced DM, just wondering what the details are? Do you twitch your DM sessions? Would like to see a veteran in action.

Edit: bah...I know, off topic. But hell, while we wait for beta...
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    FR DM for 20+ years...care to clarify? :)

That's a extremely experienced DM, just wondering what the details are? Do you twitch your DM sessions? Would like to see a veteran in action.
    My role-playing experience has naught to do with real world corporate knowledge that isn't shared with anyone but those who already know in office. I may role-play a divination and chronomancy mage, and even DM gods who control fate, that doesn't mean I am such in real life.

For the record, I am not one of the Community Staff Members that posts on our official twitter feed.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    My role-playing experience has naught to do with real world corporate knowledge that isn't shared with anyone but those who already know in office. I may role-play a divination and chronomancy mage, and even DM gods who control fate, that doesn't mean I am such in real life.

For the record, I am one of the Community Staff Members that posts on our official twitter feed.

Haha...was just diving into some old times. Good old DM days. Still watch some play on Twitter.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Yeah, I love watching tabletop videos of sessions!

Just to make sure I didn't convey the wrong message.
    I am not one of the community members working on twitter! As I was trying to edit my post shortly after submitting it and editing in the last line, I lost internet and then had company. Just realized internet had come back. Those are just Akromatik and DWightMC, that I know have access to it. I am not sure what other in-office staff members update the Twitter feed in either of their absences though. Apologies for any confusion I may have caused.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Apologies for any confusion I may have caused.

I'm good, :)

Didnt even think anything of the comment. Just appreciate the effort you put in for us lowbies. ;)
  • Options
    chadw1987chadw1987 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Anyone else able to get into the beta? I keep getting a message that says server unavailable at this time. Tried making a new post but I am not allowed to make new posts for some reason. Sorry I am new to this forum and neverwinter.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    chadw1987 wrote: »
    Anyone else able to get into the beta? I keep getting a message that says server unavailable at this time. Tried making a new post but I am not allowed to make new posts for some reason. Sorry I am new to this forum and neverwinter.
    The XBOX One Beta doesn't start until tomorrow, the 5th, as the title of the thread says. ;)
  • Options
    rangerpaul1rangerpaul1 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    when do u get ur beta code for xbox ? I have singed up and my friends are playing and I want to play it too
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    when do u get ur beta code for xbox ? I have singed up and my friends are playing and I want to play it too
    The codes went out randomly to those who signed up. Keep an eye out for more giveaways, like on Facebook or Twitter, as well as Akro will be giving some out during the Livestream tomorrow that's in the front page news. As well, this is just the first Closed Beta weekend that's been announced so far.
  • Options
    craigy1988craigy1988 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    been on the game all night, love it on xbox one.
    What i would like to know is.. This being the first beta stage, can we still continue on the second beta stage, or will our characters be reset to start again ?
    Would highly recommend leaving the servers running while working out the kinks. Let us beta boss's run wild in the mean time :)

Aside from the heavy lagg spikes and the occasional crash. The game is so easy to play on xbox one, controller layout is beautiful and so easy to use. Well done!

EDIT: Would also like to point out that i seen a few asking how the buttons will work. Using L-Bumper you can switch over your skill layout and Button functions. A/X/Y/B = Skills, RT = Attack, LT = attack, RB = stealth for example, LB = Switch over (Hold) Then you have another 4 skills available for A/X/Y/B D-pad is access to map, speech, bag etc. LB (hold) and D-Pad becomes Something else. Pretty easy to figure out after 20-30 minutes of playing. Love it :)
  • Options
    nutlawnutlaw Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    My Question is When close Beta is done the stats and Level will carry on to open beta ?
    Or just Reset all stats and Level On Openbeta ?
  • Options
    trialparasitetrialparasite Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Guys please give me 1 code .....

Thanks guys ...
  • Options
    attorn97attorn97 Member Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    nutlaw wrote: »
    My Question is When close Beta is done the stats and Level will carry on to open beta ?
    Or just Reset all stats and Level On Openbeta ?

Will not carry over. Start from scratch. Also, during dev stream it was hinted that there may not need to be an open beta. It wouldn't surprise me if it went right to live in the next few weeks. My personal guess is march 1. Travis (producer) kept saying "soon, soon. We got all the information we really needed the first day of closed beta."
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    attorn97 wrote: »
    Will not carry over. Start from scratch. Also, during dev stream it was hinted that there may not need to be an open beta. It wouldn't surprise me if it went right to live in the next few weeks. My personal guess is march 1. Travis (producer) kept saying "soon, soon. We got all the information we really needed the first day of closed beta."

That'd be awesome, but honestly I'd be happier if they hold off release longer if it means adding a proper minimap. Honestly, it nearly breaks the game without one in my opinion, seeing as how vital is was on the PC version. I'm also willing to bet a number of potential customers will decide the game is too annoying/frustrating/etc without a constantly seeable minimap while moving around.