test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Neverwinter Xbox One Closed Beta Feb 5th - Feb 8th

Comments

• zazaajizazaaji Member Posts: 186
    edited January 2015
    zebular wrote: »
    All I can say is that for many users, it is about a week's time. If you cannot make new threads by Monday (Jan 26th), please PM me.

Safe travels,
    Archmage Zebular of Mystryl

PWE Community Moderator

I PM'd you on an unrelated matter over 14 hours ago, you don't seem to have seen it yet :p
  • uberzuberz Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    zazaaji wrote: »
    I PM'd you on an unrelated matter over 14 hours ago, you don't seem to have seen it yet :p

Not sure why we need another thread on the XBox one beta. It's not like we can't google the latest news or just use this thread. Don't care to clutter the forum with duplicate info.

So why no post the mysterious Xbox info you want to post here? :)

Like this China gameplay footage. I think I can understand now where they are going with the menu system.
    edited January 2015
    Nay. For me, it went to a confirmation page and said something to the effect of being contacted if I am selected.

On Phew. Wasn't sure if it worked. Since this announcement of Beta, I've been playing NW with a Xbox 360 controller using Pinnacle software on my Xbox One TV. Just to get a feel for it. Actually pretty amazing how well the emulated keyboard > xbox controller works. I'm looking forward in testing the actual Xbox One implementation.

I've tested in a lot of betas, and I mean tested. Maybe it's luck, but normally beta invitation forms ask you your prior testing experience, and that I can fill out quite well! :)

Some of the major MMOs Tested...
    World of Warcraft - Beta 2004, Burning Crusade beta. Created and managed the largest beta testing forum thread on the BC forum. At the time I hosted videos and screenshots of my entire beta experience, of course after the NDA was lifted. :)

City of Heroes and City of Villains - Beta and Stress testing

Mythos - Beta until publisher closed the game down

Lineage II - Beta

Vindictus - Beta and stress test. At beta time, the market board wasn't working so no auction house testing.

Diablo 3 (RPG) - PC and Xbox 360 console beta.

Destiny - Xbox One beta

Not really trying to butter up and get a NW beta invite ;) , just thought I'd share some of my experiences. Anyone else have some cool beta testing experiences?

Seems that the NW Xbox One beta will be more of a stress test given the short time frame and that's it's established as a working product based on the China release.
  • soutaishousoutaishou Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    uberz wrote: »
    On Phew. Wasn't sure if it worked. Since this announcement of Beta, I've been playing NW with a Xbox 360 controller using Pinnacle software on my Xbox One TV. Just to get a feel for it. Actually pretty amazing how well the emulated keyboard > xbox controller works. I'm looking forward in testing the actual Xbox One implementation.

I've tested in a lot of betas, and I mean tested. Maybe it's luck, but normally beta invitation forms ask you your prior testing experience, and that I can fill out quite well! :)

Some of the major MMOs Tested...
    World of Warcraft - Beta 2004, Burning Crusade beta. Created and managed the largest beta testing forum thread on the BC forum. At the time I hosted videos and screenshots of my entire beta experience, of course after the NDA was lifted. :)

City of Heroes and City of Villains - Beta and Stress testing

Mythos - Beta until publisher closed the game down

Lineage II - Beta

Vindictus - Beta and stress test. At beta time, the market board wasn't working so no auction house testing.

Diablo 3 (RPG) - PC and Xbox 360 console beta.

Destiny - Xbox One beta

Not really trying to butter up and get a NW beta invite ;) , just thought I'd share some of my experiences. Anyone else have some cool beta testing experiences?

Seems that the NW Xbox One beta will be more of a stress test given the short time frame and that's it's established as a working product based on the China release.

Where is the PS4 version? PS4 has 18,508,063 units while xbox has only 10,988,739 units. I can say that PS4 is much more open about PC cross play then Microsoft will ever be.
    Source http://www.vgchartz.com/tools/hw_date.php?reg=Global&ending=Yearly
    edited January 2015
    soutaishou wrote: »
    Where is the PS4 version? PS4 has 18,508,063 units while xbox has only 10,988,739 units. I can say that PS4 is much more open about PC cross play then Microsoft will ever be.
    Source http://www.vgchartz.com/tools/hw_date.php?reg=Global&ending=Yearly

Maybe because this isn't about cross play, never was, and that Sony's PSN is unreliable and down for days at a time with little concern for the customer. Xbox live is reliable and it's voice chat party system is light years ahead, the xbox live store is superior, and MS actually deals with cheaters.

Sony also isn't n the best financial situation to be hosting 'free' games. If needed, I'm pretty sure MS is ready to offer up space it's Azure cloud for the NW game and it's customers if Cryptic needs it. But obviously I don't know the inner workings of how Cryptic runs their servers, so just speculating. :)
    edited January 2015
    Maybe because this isn't about cross play, never was, and that Sony's PSN is unreliable and down for days at a time with little concern for the customer. Xbox live is reliable and it's voice chat party system is light years ahead, the xbox live store is superior, and MS actually deals with cheaters.

Sony also isn't n the best financial situation to be hosting 'free' games. If needed, I'm pretty sure MS is ready to offer up space it's Azure cloud for the NW game and it's customers if Cryptic needs it. But obviously I don't know the inner workings of how Cryptic runs their servers, so just speculating. :)

I believe it has more to do with the fact that MS paid for exclusivity of neverwinter as PS has more F2P games than xbox. While it is true that PSN is still not on the level of XBLG it is improving its stability greatly, customer service is well meh, VOIP on PSN is same quality as XBLG options for VOIP on PSN is still backwards(kicking someone permaban as long as host does not change). The marketplaces are nearly identical in functionality. As for catching Cheaters its debatable some PSN titles are faster or more efficient in detection for PS3 that is. On PS4 I have not seen one illegal mod, cheat plenty of glitchers in BF4 but that was BF4. Playstation is bread maker of Sony atm and has little to fear financial wise.
    PS. PS4 don't need no cloud to process data so you can play. So I ask the question again devs where is PS4 version of neverwinter?
    edited January 2015
    I believe it has more to do with the fact that MS paid for exclusivity of neverwinter as PS has more F2P games than xbox.
    PS. PS4 don't need no cloud to process data so you can play. So I ask the question again devs where is PS4 version of neverwinter?

One, MS has the $$ to pay for exclusivity. And two, the cloud isn't about processing power in the case of a MMO, it's about concurrent players and landscape.
    edited January 2015
    One, MS has the $$ to pay for exclusivity. And two, the cloud isn't about processing power in the case of a MMO, it's about concurrent players and landscape.

You mean FOV and total players visible? IF that's the case then that is all stuff normally done by the CPU which is what M$ cloud gaming thing is about taking work from crappy CPU so xbone stays fast(ish). So if M$ did pay then Cryptic is losing 18.5 Million more users to please only 10.9 million users....The...math...doesn't...add...up. P.S kiss the foundry goodbye on Xbox.
    edited January 2015
    You mean FOV and total players visible? IF that's the case then that is all stuff normally done by the CPU which is what M$ cloud gaming thing is about taking work from crappy CPU so xbone stays fast(ish). So if M$ did pay then Cryptic is losing 18.5 Million more users to please only 10.9 million users....The...math...doesn't...add...up. P.S kiss the foundry goodbye on Xbox.

Edit: And no, not FOV or draw distance even. Concurrent players in one area. City, hub, instance. In a true , non- instanced MMO, the server handles the location of each character on the screen and reports back to the client. When WoW was in beta, we all stormed Stormwind Alliance capital and crashed the server. They found out they couldn't handle more than 100 players in the capital at one time, and increased their server pool to accommodate for release. Lesson quickly learned.

Moving on, can't wait for the beta! Hope to get in and test.
    edited January 2015
    Your right all we need is FFXIVARR and Planetside2. But it would have been nice to roll that d20 on PS4.

Hey, maybe if we both get invites....we can see if NW is worthy of our consoles. :)

I'm a Xbox one player, but respect the power of PS4...just never liked the PS controller.
  • quebraregraquebraregra Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    This is true, remember DEFIANCE!
    edited January 2015
    Looks like IGN has NW releasing for Xbox One in March. Can anyone confirm? Seems to make sense if this upcoming beta, being so short, is just a stress test.
    edited January 2015
    Hey, maybe if we both get invites....we can see if NW is worthy of our consoles. :)

I'm a Xbox one player, but respect the power of PS4...just never liked the PS controller.

More like if consoles are worthy of NW. I Have every console released except for xbox one and find the PS controls superior for fighting/platforms/action and teh boxes for shooting.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited January 2015
    Looks like IGN has NW releasing for Xbox One in March. Can anyone confirm? Seems to make sense if this upcoming beta, being so short, is just a stress test.
    I also recall reading a March date somewhere but cannot recall. Alas, as it is the weekend, I cannot confirm or deny that at the moment. IGN is pretty reputable in their news articles however. Can you link me the article you read? Certain letters are sent to MMO Gaming News Sites and if this is one, I'll be able to tell if it is legitimate or is a community news article written by a reporter in their own words.

Safe travels,

PWE Community Moderator
    edited January 2015
    I also recall reading a March date somewhere but cannot recall. Alas, as it is the weekend, I cannot confirm or deny that at the moment. IGN is pretty reputable in their news articles however. Can you link me the article you read? Certain letters are sent to MMO Gaming News Sites and if this is one, I'll be able to tell if it is legitimate or is a community news article written by a reporter in their own words.

Safe travels,

PWE Community Moderator

Unfortunately it's just a top 10 list on their main page. On the right side of their homepage is 'Popular Games Coming Soon'. Currently NW is number 9, with a 'Mar' release date. Here.

I'm wondering if their putting March because everywhere else the release date is Q1 2015. March is a 'safe' Q1 month to report. :)
    edited January 2015
    More like if consoles are worthy of NW. I Have every console released except for xbox one and find the PS controls superior for fighting/platforms/action and teh boxes for shooting.
    It's a preference really, to each their own. Pro gamers will tell you the Xbox controller is superior for twitch gamng because the sticks are evenly placed.

But I'm not here to start another console war thread, that's easy to find everywhere. Just looking forward to finally getting a solid MMO on next gen consoles.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited January 2015
    Unfortunately it's just a top 10 list on their main page. On the right side of their homepage is 'Popular Games Coming Soon'. Currently NW is number 9, with a 'Mar' release date. Here.

I'm wondering if their putting March because everywhere else the release date is Q1 2015. March is a 'safe' Q1 month to report. :)
    Ah, yeah a listing like that without a day is an estimate based off of the Q1 2015 release. However, if they are listing it as Q1 2015, then it's at least safe to assume that PWE sent something out that contained a "Q1 2015" release estimate Which, alas, is still an estimate. I'll suggest tomorrow to release an actual date, but I highly doubt they would be ready to do that yet and when they are, they will most likely also post an official article on arcgames.com.

Safe travels,

PWE Community Moderator
    edited January 2015
    Ah, yeah a listing like that without a day is an estimate based off of the Q1 2015 release. However, if they are listing it as Q1 2015, then it's at least safe to assume that PWE sent something out that contained a "Q1 2015" release estimate Which, alas, is still an estimate. I'll suggest tomorrow to release an actual date, but I highly doubt they would be ready to do that yet and when they are, they will most likely also post an official article on arcgames.com.

Safe travels,

PWE Community Moderator

It would be cool to get a release date, Helps be able to schedule time off! :)

Definitely looking forward to party and take on baddies.
  • zazaajizazaaji Member Posts: 186
    edited January 2015
    Just FYI - The only official released date for Neverwinter Xbox so far is "Early 2015". IGN always assumes "Early" in any year means Quarter 1, which ends on March 31st. It's highly possible IGN is wrong, as they have done this before numerous times, and were incorrect in their assumption that "Early" means Q1 when an "early year" game releases in April or the like.

The thing that gets me is that the game has been out on Xbox in China since China's Xbox One release, which was September 23rd. It's 100% fully functional from everything I can find, with no glaring problems, the only thing left for a English release is translation, which is clearly already done on the PC version.

This makes it seem like they could release the Xbox version sooner rather than later, but here's the thing: PWE also has a deal with Microsoft in China that requires it to be on Xbox One for a full 6 months before the PC version can be released. The problem is that it's unknown if that contract is region-bound, specifying that it can only be on Xbox One in China during those 6 months. If that's the case though, that puts the earliest possible actual official Xbox release outside of China on March 23rd. Again though, it's unknown if that's part of the contract or not.

I'm hoping that I'll get invited to the Feb 5-8 beta, but I'm also hoping they will have some sort of a really big open beta for all Xbox Gold members sometime soon as well. A lot of other Xbox online driven (or only) games have done this, so it wouldn't be completely out of the ballpark to guess they'd do that.
    edited January 2015
    zazaaji wrote: »

This makes it seem like they could release the Xbox version sooner rather than later, but here's the thing: PWE also has a deal with Microsoft in China that requires it to be on Xbox One for a full 6 months before the PC version can be released. The problem is that it's unknown if that contract is region-bound, specifying that it can only be on Xbox One in China during those 6 months. If that's the case though, that puts the earliest possible actual official Xbox release outside of China on March 23rd. Again though, it's unknown if that's part of the contract or not.

China Xbox One is the only region locked Xbox one, the games are region locked. Basically, they are on a different planet. Highly doubt any contractural agreement applies to the US. A big part of the US Xbox One release was it being region lock free, which lends itself to Microsoft not having some binding agreement that limits US customers. Which is why I can download Japanese MMOs like Onigiri just by changing the language on my Xbox One and browsing the Japanese xbox live store.
  • attorn97attorn97 Member Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    surprisingly, I haven't seen anything about founder packs that include access to the closed beta(s). I've signed up for the beta, and would guarantee access (and early access upon release?) by dropping some money on the game. I've got more than my money's worth on the PC version, but have really been waiting on the XBone version. So Zeb.. three questions:
    1. Any idea when the closed beta invites will go out?
    2. Any word on Founder's packs?
    3. I have a tidy sum of AD's on my PC chars. Will I be able to get them to Xbone chars? Convert them to zen and transfer that somehow?

thanks, and really looking forward to this!
  • lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    attorn97 wrote: »
    surprisingly, I haven't seen anything about founder packs that include access to the closed beta(s). I've signed up for the beta, and would guarantee access (and early access upon release?) by dropping some money on the game. I've got more than my money's worth on the PC version, but have really been waiting on the XBone version. So Zeb.. three questions:
    1. Any idea when the closed beta invites will go out?
    2. Any word on Founder's packs?
    3. I have a tidy sum of AD's on my PC chars. Will I be able to get them to Xbone chars? Convert them to zen and transfer that somehow?

thanks, and really looking forward to this!

All I can answer is the third question, which is no. Xbox and PC players will be on separate servers.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
    edited January 2015
    All I can answer is the third question, which is no. Xbox and PC players will be on separate servers.

I believe he was asking a more specific question there. He has a account with PWE and the Zen he buys or collects can be used across PWE games. So in theory, he could sell his AD in the NW PC version, the Zen would be stored in his PWE account and be able to be used in the XB1 version....IF we are hooking up our XBOX Live accounts to our PWE accounts. Many other XB1 games link accounts, is that happening for PWE?
    edited January 2015
    I believe he was asking a more specific question there. He has a account with PWE and the Zen he buys or collects can be used across PWE games. So in theory, he could sell his AD in the NW PC version, the Zen would be stored in his PWE account and be able to be used in the XB1 version....IF we are hooking up our XBOX Live accounts to our PWE accounts. Many other XB1 games link accounts, is that happening for PWE?
    That's not even possible now. You cannot transfer Zen from one server to another. When you buy zen, in order to use it, you have to select the server to transfer it to. If anything, it will be the same and when you buy zen or transfer it to Neverinter, you'll most likely still need to select which server you want it on and since we know XBOX One will be its own server, it should at least be clear that you cannot take Zen from any PC server and transfer it to any other server, as it is already.
    edited January 2015
    thanks. I thought I could move Zen out from Neverwinter into my arc account to be redistributed to other games and/or other Neverwinter servers. If I can't, that's fine.

sort of on the same subject, what about items that are account bound? i.e. I buy a purple mount with Zen from the Zen store. that mount is claimable on all my characters. Will it be claimable on my XBone characters too, or does the separate servers wall prevent having one account across both platforms?

really appreciate the replies from the team.
    edited January 2015
    thanks. I thought I could move Zen out from Neverwinter into my arc account to be redistributed to other games and/or other Neverwinter servers. If I can't, that's fine.

sort of on the same subject, what about items that are account bound? i.e. I buy a purple mount with Zen from the Zen store. that mount is claimable on all my characters. Will it be claimable on my XBone characters too, or does the separate servers wall prevent having one account across both platforms?

really appreciate the replies from the team.

That's an obvious 'no' on claiming mounts if XBOX One servers are completely separate as stated. Basically what they are saying about Zen confirms everything is starting fresh, on it's own server for Xbox One.

What still throws me is that you can purchase Zen and have a sitting on your Arc account, use it for any game at varying exchange rates. So the Zen I earn in NW doesn't actually go into my Arc account so that I can use it how I want?
    edited January 2015
    after exploring the game and account info, it looks like the Arc -> Game transfer of Zen is a one way street only. I couldn't find any way to transfer Zen out of the game and back into my Arc account.

So it seems that there is absolutely no connection between the XBone and PC versions of NW. I'm going to stop searching and just treat it as if this is the very first time NW came out.

I still want my CB key tho!! ;)
    edited January 2015
    after exploring the game and account info, it looks like the Arc -> Game transfer of Zen is a one way street only. I couldn't find any way to transfer Zen out of the game and back into my Arc account.

So it seems that there is absolutely no connection between the XBone and PC versions of NW. I'm going to stop searching and just treat it as if this is the very first time NW came out.

I still want my CB key tho!! ;)
    You can always send a ticket and ask them what would happen if you connected to the Russian Server (Drider), that you're wondering if your Account Perks would be there too that you purchased on the International Server (Drider). I don't know for sure, but I don't think they apply. For XBOX One, I think that we'll most likely be using Microsoft's system for RTM transactions, as every game I have played that has in game shops/dlc on the XBOX Live Network, they use their Microsoft Money (I forget what they call it now, they changed it a while back).

In any case, as we move closer to release, they'll probably start pumping out FAQ's and stuff.
    edited January 2015
    Y)I think that we'll most likely be using Microsoft's system for RTM transactions, as every game I have played that has in game shops/dlc on the XBOX Live Network, they use their Microsoft Money (I forget what they call it now, they changed it a while back).

In any case, as we move closer to release, they'll probably start pumping out FAQ's and stuff.

It's straight cash hommie. :) Microsoft use to use Microsoft Points but changed it over to US currency, in the US.
    edited January 2015
    It's straight cash hommie. :) Microsoft use to use Microsoft Points but changed it over to US currency, in the US.
    Ah yes, that's what it was! So, most likely (this is just my thoughts), XBOX One users will buy Microsoft Money and then be able to use that deposited money to buy Zen. Kinda like a pre-paid card or Steam Wallet. We might be able to get a glimpse of how this will work in the Beta next month.