test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[Mod 10] Lia Knowles' GWF Destroyer DPS for PVE build.

Comments

• Options
    coconutz44#9427 coconutz44 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    Bonding proc on power actication, not attack

I can see the proc on the top left, that means that in a way, the ioun is attacking/activating something, otherwise the bonding wouldn't proc, nope?
    Nashu - GWF
    Nash - DC

GM des ж Myth ж
  • Options
    rinat114rinat114 Member Posts: 913 Arc User

Bonding proc on power actication, not attack

I can see the proc on the top left, that means that in a way, the ioun is attacking/activating something, otherwise the bonding wouldn't proc, nope?

Uh, bondings are not supposed to work on Ioun stones or any augments as the augments do not use any powers. If you have proof of that happening, would you please share a screenshot? If it's indeed working it's unintended and most likely a bug.
  • Options
    coconutz44#9427 coconutz44 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    It appears to be a bug, i don't manage to make the bonding appear again, maybe a specific process can display it but i don't remember which one.

By the way, i tried Dragon stone ioun & fire archon and my dps was significantly increased with the ioun stone (when i had the bonding proc displayed)
    Nashu - GWF
    Nash - DC

GM des ж Myth ж
  • Options

It appears to be a bug, i don't manage to make the bonding appear again, maybe a specific process can display it but i don't remember which one.

By the way, i tried Dragon stone ioun & fire archon and my dps was significantly increased with the ioun stone (when i had the bonding proc displayed)

Obviously, if Ioun stones could proc bondings that would be overpowered and BIS at the same time, you both get 100% of the stats it has on top of 300% more, so of course that would provide a better boost, but that's not the case as it's not supposed to happen and thank god it doesn't, as if things don't melt quickly enough.
  • Options
    dannyvip#1318 dannyvip Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Awesome guide! I messed up on my ability rolls and I have 27 str and 22 dex I'm a half orc. Is it worth the 20 bucks to fix this?
  • Options
    scathiasscathias Member Posts: 1,174 Arc User
    not really in my opinion. you lost a few % on crit but that isn't that serious until you start approaching min max territory at 3k+ (which i don't think you are yet). If your dex is low because you put attribute points into CON as you leveled up you can just get a normal respec token and put the points in STR/DEX instead
    Guild - The Imaginary Friends
    We are searching for slave labor, will pay with food from our farm!
  • Options
    solsticexisolsticexi Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    Hi again Lia, can i ask why did you choose the Shadow touch boon over enraged regrowth for the 4th dread ring boon?
  • Options

Hi again Lia, can i ask why did you choose the Shadow touch boon over enraged regrowth for the 4th dread ring boon?

They both suck, feel free to choose the other if you want, it doesn't matter.
  • Options
    tan22tan22 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    what mount should we buy first please? i have enough for 1 epic mount.
  • Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    I would buy any mount that has protectors camaraderie bonus listed (then stack one of the green protectors friendship ones)

Those would be the two best to start with, I use a guard drake and a winter wolf to do this. But you can look up the insignia list and choose.

I also like anything with gladiators guile (its super nice) and wanderers fortune (progress your toon faster)

Some people stack all protectors camaraderie (or 4x or 5x and 1x friendship or 2x friendship) this set up will net you the most specific dps return still.

But I would have a hard HARD time dropping gladiators guile and wanderers from all of my alts to do that.

• Options
    tan22tan22 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    thnx so much for your reply m8. bought the guard drake now.
  • Options
    funjonatfunjonat Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Hi ! I don't know if the answer is in the thread but what is the skin of your hat and armor ? ( Sorry for my bad writing i don't speak english very Well
  • Options
    camojak#9863 camojak Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    I have to admit this thread has been both informative and amusing to read. First off I'm happy to finally find someone who makes sense and who goes into depth with obvious experience in the build. I've always played a CW in the game for quite some time now and finally getting in the GWF Char. I'm glad I caught this thread in the makes of my build (lvl 60) and starting to develop my Artifacts and eventually lvl 70 gear :) I'm going to try and screenshot my current build and would like a knowledgeable ladies opinion in what things you might suggest me changing...not expecting a fast response given that time would be taken away from game play :) and totally understandable.

CamoJak

aka CamoBlaze(CW), Ares(GWF)
    Guild "Angels of the Banished Legion"
    Toon "Ares@camojak "
  • Options
    bbmonie#9134 bbmonie Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Hey on ps4 and jewel crafting is nowhere near the level to make personalized rings. Do you have an alternative until I can get them?
  • Options
    greyhawk#1973 greyhawk Member Posts: 236 Arc User
    Bbmonies I recommend getting sudden or rising precision +2 or higher depending on your luck. And a brutality for the other slot. The +2 variants should be fairly cheap on the AH, or you can get much better versions running skirmishes, demo, or CN.

With how fairly easy it is to get a decent +4 ring if you run a lot of stuff I personally think jewelcrafting isn't as necessary as it once was.

Just my opinion :)
  • Options
    bbmonie#9134 bbmonie Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    If those are your rings then how do you meet the requirements for armor pen ?
  • Options
    niadanniadan Member Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    Lia, have you tested any of the new mount bonuses?
  • Options
    niadan said:

Lia, have you tested any of the new mount bonuses?

I haven't, I'm on vacation at the moment, but I'll say this - none of them look appealing but I'll run a quick check on them when I'm back from my vacay.

Hey on ps4 and jewel crafting is nowhere near the level to make personalized rings. Do you have an alternative until I can get them?

Any of the T2 rings can work for you, especially if you need Armpen. Getting +4's isn't difficult, so until then, if you have trouble getting JC up to 25 and craft your rings - purple 1 slot rings should be a good choice.
  • Options
    zeroh#3892 zeroh Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    What's a good mix of brutal enchants and azures?
  • Options
    bellona#5585 bellona Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    hey.
    im from ps4 now movin on pc and i wanted to ask you something...
    on my ps4 gwf i pretty much screwed things up with my base Roll on itemlvl 2400 ._. with all boons
    i know this prop wont make much difference but when you roll your Human gwf you prop going to have 10wis 8int 10car...
    so i wana ask you whats the best to have on 10 and what on 8 you prop posted it somewhere already but since im not an english dood this is pain for me to read the hole guide and do you have postet a pic of your attributes? or how ever they called
    sorry if i missed them aswell

oh yh and where shud i put my +2 attribute i belive strengh but i better ask before i do bs on pc aswell

oh nvm i found it but i wont get 16 STR and 18 DEX. when i roll 10-8-10 only get it if i roll 10-10-10 ._.

so basicly i need 16-12-18-10-10-10?

-bell :)
    Post edited by bellona#5585 on
  • Options
    hak#9051 hak Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    Hi
    i have a question regarding the set you picked for the belt and neck
    why pick this set when Lostmauth's set looks better with the pve crit build?

your set:
    +power +critical strike +defelection +str +con

lostm set:
    +power +crit strike +arm pentration +str +dex

the set i see has better stats for a gwf
    you mentioned that its overpowered and other things but isnt that what we want? to be abloe to do massive dmg
    you also mentioned a 35% dmg increase but i didnt udnerstand
    where is the dmg coming from?
    iam on the ps4 btw
    your thoughts?
    Post edited by hak#9051 on
  • Options
    ajlir#7970 ajlir Member Posts: 367 Arc User
    hak#9051 said:

Hi

your set:

lostm set:

you mentioned that its overpowered and other things but isnt that what we want? to be abloe to do massive dmg

iam on the ps4 btw

your thoughts?

It's the bonus set passive that she acquired. Your attacks deal up to 20% additional damage based on the difference in hit point percentage between the player and target.
  • Options
    hak#9051 said:

Hi

your set:

lostm set:

iam on the ps4 btw

your thoughts?

There's a whole section about the Orcus set and why I chose it in the guide itself, I don't think I can possibly explain it any better, I chose the set for the set bonus that was described by ajlir above. No, I don't want to use overpowered items/sets, it's not what I'm about. I will utilize legit, non-cheesy ways to achieve the best DPS I can however, and the losty set before the fix was just bad and I'm glad it's fixed now.

As for the damage increase - Lia wears the Lostmauth set and she does x damage. Lia switches out of the Lostmauth set to the Orcus set and comparing between the sets she can do up to 30% more wearing the Orcus set.

What's a good mix of brutal enchants and azures?

This is very individual and per character, to get the stats I want it'll take me a good while to switch out ALL of my Azures for Brutals, I still want to maintain 100% crit chance so it all depends on your stats, keep in mind I also don't have +5 rings so I'm lacking an extra offense slot that'd help me, this could be different for other GWF's. The only advice that's general for everybody is this - do NOT use multi-stat enchantments unless they're either rank 11 or 12, don't bother with any lower ones, you're gimping yourself.

hey.

im from ps4 now movin on pc and i wanted to ask you something...

on my ps4 gwf i pretty much screwed things up with my base Roll on itemlvl 2400 ._. with all boons

i know this prop wont make much difference but when you roll your Human gwf you prop going to have 10wis 8int 10car...

so i wana ask you whats the best to have on 10 and what on 8 you prop posted it somewhere already but since im not an english dood this is pain for me to read the hole guide and do you have postet a pic of your attributes? or how ever they called

sorry if i missed them aswell

oh yh and where shud i put my +2 attribute i belive strengh but i better ask before i do bs on pc aswell

oh nvm i found it but i wont get 16 STR and 18 DEX. when i roll 10-8-10 only get it if i roll 10-10-10 ._.

so basicly i need 16-12-18-10-10-10?

-bell :)

That would be the roll you'd eventually get, yes.
  • Options
    goat#2606 goat Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    Hey, Lia what armor kits are you running on your gear? Crit or action point gain i didnt see this on the build page or i over looked it?
    War is a cowardly escape from the problem of peace

Thomas Mann.
  • Options
    goat#2606 said:

Hey, Lia what armor kits are you running on your gear? Crit or action point gain i didnt see this on the build page or i over looked it?

All crit kits on the armor + stamina on the jewels.
  • Options
    cobriccobric Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Hi Lia, did you try running fire archon with Underdark rings?
  • Options
    cobric said:

Hi Lia, did you try running fire archon with Underdark rings?

One Brutality +4/+5 instead of one Loyal Avenger rings is the best combo you can get without losing any vital stats. I don't recommend this if you're still lacking crit though.
  • Options
    cobriccobric Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Hi Lia, thank you for you response.
    I'm just over 100% with bonding proc, so I'll switch to brutality then.
  • Options
    trugodi#5825 trugodi Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I was wondering if you could post your current feat build. The only reason i ask is because the screen shot in forums is not matching the working link that i did find on page 3. Thanks for the guide
  • Options

I was wondering if you could post your current feat build. The only reason i ask is because the screen shot in forums is not matching the working link that i did find on page 3. Thanks for the guide

Not sure which page 3 you're referring to? Anyhow, the feat build on the actual guide is my current one, it hasn't changed.
This discussion has been closed.