test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Dear Cryptic, from a serious player - please read

Comments

• gerbilhurdlergerbilhurdler Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 418 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    So do I play the part that says poll means nothing because forum is a small sample size and I should now present an imaginary poll with the opposite results that says everyone is happy about the direction?

You do know that is how polls work right? Through small sample sizes...
    Pew polling and other companies dont call the whole country, they call a couple thousand people, and are fairly accurate with such a small sample size.
    Just because a lot of people don't read forums, doesn't mean the poll is off.
  • onecoolscatcatonecoolscatcat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 575 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    tradeactbd wrote: »
    Well so is the playerbase :) and it's about to get smaller it seems.

It happened in Mod3. I'm not surprised it's happening again. I urge my guildies to stick around 'till mod6, telling them changes are likely in the pipeline but won't be visible until then, but progressing and succeeding in this game has become a sisyphean task.

Task is the operative word. "Playing" Neverwinter certainly isn't enjoyable. Making refining points BtA raises the hill and new artifact gear increases the boulder's size. This is horrible for players, no matter which way you cut it.
  • rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    Pew polling and other companies dont call the whole country, they call a couple thousand people, and are fairly accurate with such a small sample size.

My comment was ironic
  • pointsmanpointsman Member Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited November 2014

It takes more than just calling a few random names in the phone book to create a poll with statistically valid results. There is such a thing as selection bias. And yes, the small sample size is also an issue.

chem's poll is certainly not statistically valid when it comes to measuring anything approaching the true opinions of the entire playerbase.

That doesn't mean the poll lacks all value, just that it should not be construed as something like "the will of the people".
  • sprawlfxsprawlfx Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    So do I play the part that says poll means nothing because forum is a small sample size and I should now present an imaginary poll with the opposite results that says everyone is happy about the direction?

Show me. =) No, really.. Would love to see your poll with 80% (of as many participants) who want to scrape their own faces off with a cheese grater.

This is made of random people who care enough about the game to follow it on here, and to make a selection. No one was called or selected for the poll. 80% of the people on here, who care enough to say something about it, are not happy with the direction. The other 20% either don't care, or are extreme optimists (or have hidden agendas, but nevermind that.)

This poll is pure, unadulterated constructive feedback.

EDIT-
    My comment was ironic

Aaah.. well, nevermind then. =D But the poll should still be of some value to the folks who make the decisions.
  • tradeactbdtradeactbd Member Posts: 50
    edited November 2014
    The real poll will the your empty friends list after this goes live ........
  • iandarkswordiandarksword Member Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Binding certain aspects of the game that bots have taken advantage of will not exterminate the bots. It will change the focus of the bots to something else. They need a cohesive plan to combat the creation and implementation of the bots. This is like spraying water on ants, if you spray one window, they'll move to the next one, and then the next one. The bots have existed since Open Beta or before, every single time there is a run on a certain market by the bots, they bind that item. The bots then focus on the next item, and then that corresponding item is bound. Eventually, they're going to run out of items to bind and the bots will still exist.
    "I don't know, I'm making it up as I go..."
    Featured Foundry Quest: Whispers of an Ancient Evil [v3] - NW-DQ4WKW6ZG
    Foundry Quest: Harper Chronicles: Blacklake - NW-DCPA4W2Q5
  • aulduronaulduron Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,351 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Add/greatly increase the drop rate of RP items from chests, DD chests, nodes, mobs and/or increase the RP value of those items.

Items dropped from Fey/Hoard should be auto pick up, like lock boxes, coupons, and all the stuff we don't want to pick up at all. I don't know how many I've left on the ground in group instances because I thought they were just another piece of <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.

Give us blood rubies once we get 80 power points.
  • neverswaggyneverswaggy Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I'm a player who has spent a lot of money and my artifacts are legendary.
    So I just thought it's now time for me to sell the refining stones and enchants I pick up from dungeons.
    So I got 3 hoard enchants and they cost me a lot and this is not the most important part.
    The thing that really piz me off is cryptic is going to change all this stuff so I'm no longer able to sell what I pick up from hoard enchants......
    Lowering the RP requirement is a good way to solve the problem , but that's for people who need to level up their artifacts.

Have cryptic devs ever considered players like me who already have upgraded all my artifacts?
    Why can't I make some spare AD by using hoard anymore this is just dumb ,not trying to be offensive but this is really dumb to be honest.

The player base is going to be a lot smaller some in-game friends of mine have already decided to leave for another MMO online game and if I lose my friends I will probably leave as well.

Seriously, please do re-consider this because this is really a bad idea.
    No one like bots, I'm the one who has reported hundreds of bots and hate them AF because of spamming.
    But refining stones bound to account will also affect players like me who really love this game and play a lot.
  • ortzhyortzhy Member Posts: 1,103 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014

what friend list?!!...

Like everyone else i am playing more on forums (this pvp mode is more fun atm) and gateway for ad farm! Game is in a lousy shape and i dont see anything good coming up. Takes real skill to destroy a game like this one, have to say that compared to you guys EA with Swtor seem like amateurs!
  • myleafsmyleafs Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    You say that 80% are against it, so it's reasonable to assume that those people are benefiting from these bot's. And 80% benefiting from this is serious enough to drastically change how people get their RP. All those AD that the botters make then get sold for real money, money that otherwise would be going to PWE. 80% is a huge number! No wonder they have to make these changes, it's the player's themselves that are the driving force behind it all. Something has to be done about it, plain and simple.
    edited November 2014
    And by the way, your "poll", has two "no" answers and only one "yes" answer. Pretty lopsided if you ask me.
  • luxarkluxark Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    myleafs wrote: »
    All those AD that the botters make then get sold for real money, money that otherwise would be going PWE.

You seriously belive that, aren't you?
    edited November 2014
    You read zone chat in PE ever?
  • ganzjganzj Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    if the cryptic really make RP to BoA , IM DEAD !!! We still need to refine off-hand , artifact clock , artifact belt , that is gonna take me century of playing time to get them to epic .
  • wixxgs1chtwixxgs1cht Member Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    So no words from the devs on this topic yet? I overheard some people say there would be a statement from the devs by yesterday. But guess that was just their optimism speaking...

Oh well, oh well.
  • k3ll0k3ll0 Member Posts: 373 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    wixxgs1cht wrote: »
    So no words from the devs on this topic yet? I overheard some people say there would be a statement from the devs by yesterday. But guess that was just their optimism speaking...

Oh well, oh well.

One of the producer or somesuch guys said he'd forward the outcry to the devs first thing come Monday, that's all. I guess some people read too much into that.

If you want to be optimistic about it assume the matter is under discussion in the office but no decisions have been made yet.
  • wixxgs1chtwixxgs1cht Member Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    k3ll0 wrote: »
    One of the producer or somesuch guys said he'd forward the outcry to the devs first thing come Monday, that's all. I guess some people read too much into that.

If you want to be optimistic about it assume the matter is under discussion in the office but no decisions have been made yet.

Thanks for your response. Yeah, personally I haven't expected any further details on this let alone possible amendments/accommodations anytime soon.
  • sihvebisihvebi Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Always amusing.

Bots aren't malevolent money hungry people out to destroy Neverwinter.

Bots are tiny ants in an army of millions run by an industry that harvests gold from ALL online games.

You people are so cute. Trying to step on a few ants here and there. Let it go. There is nothing, you as a player, or Cryptic as a single company can do to thwart bots completely. The gaming industry as a whole can only ebb the tide here and there until there is an industry wide solution.

I know you all want to save the world from bots. But take a look at the real picture.

Each bot is not a person sitting behind a computer screen. Here are your bots:

rack.jpg
    Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock.
  • group5egroup5e Member Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    The thread may treading on thin ice :P... there was a constructive threat that was removed mere minutes ago regarding the business models of f2p mmo's. I can see this thread going the way of the delete button soon.
  • thesensaithesensai Member Posts: 637 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Agree 100% with OP.

I basically just do Leadership now for some modest Ad and play other games.

In the past I have spent much money on this great game, but the uber grind is far too daunting now.

This game has SO much potential, but seems to be going in completely the wrong direction. Sad.
  • frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    k3ll0 wrote: »

The quote for those interested:
    panderus wrote: »
    Hey all,

Just popping in real quick to let you all know that I have forwarded some of your concerns to some of our developers before the workday ended and intend to follow up Monday to discuss the issue.

That you all for your feedback. These are the sorts of issues we hope the preview shard can catch for us so we can make sure we are making the best decisions for the game.
  • rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    Did the dev post a follow up yesterday?
    edited November 2014

Not yet as far as I've seen.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited November 2014
    frishter wrote: »
    Not yet as far as I've seen.
    panderus wrote: »
    Hey all,

Just popping in real quick to let you all know that I have forwarded some of your concerns to some of our developers before the workday ended and intend to follow up Monday to discuss the issue.

That you all for your feedback. These are the sorts of issues we hope the preview shard can catch for us so we can make sure we are making the best decisions for the game.
    He meant, "and intend to follow up with the devs Monday to discuss the issue with them."
  • foxxy#4211 foxxy Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 563 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    What is BIS? BoA and RP?
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited November 2014
    What is BIS? BoA and RP?
    In the context of this thread:

BIS = Best in Slot
    BoA = Bind on Acquire
    RP = Refinement Points
    edited November 2014
    zebular wrote: »
    He meant, "and intend to follow up with the devs Monday to discuss the issue with them."

When I first read it I thought he meant to us, when I copied the quote for everyone I realised that he likely meant internally but still thought I'd let everyone know what he said.
  • chemboy613chemboy613 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited November 2014

Then I would reply that many polls from major organizations use sample sizes under 1000 to determine what a state of million will vote for.

I'm not running a t test here, but I do think this is significant. If anyone wants to run stats analysis on this, be my guest.
  • chemboy613chemboy613 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited November 2014

I have a friends list of over 2000. Lucky to see 100 on now. Might be less after this...
This discussion has been closed.