test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Suggestion, please

abecassisabecassis Member Posts: 255 Bounty Hunter
edited October 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
Can you please, for the love of carpal tunnel, make so that we can stack more then 5 item in refining artifacts/belts/weapons.

Getting the items is a pain enough. We have to fight RNG, waiting times and all those things. When we finally get them, i dont know whats worse. Refining them or actually get them..

Can you please make an option so we can put stacks of peridots, rank4s,3s,2s whatver, just allow us to put stacks in the refinement window and not 1 by 1. It is so time consuming, and not the fun kind. You stand there feeling stupid how slowly but steadily your money is disappearing into this black hole of never ending artifact grind that will eventually be traded out for another next module.

So please, show some decency, show some love to your players. Let us put stacks in the refinement window
Dr. Phil
Post edited by abecassis on

Comments

• Options
    pointsmanpointsman Member Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Yes, let's reward the botters!

What an excellent suggestion!
  • Options
    abecassisabecassis Member Posts: 255 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    pointsman wrote: »

What has botter to do with this ? They will sell their stacks either way. And please, the botters are at least keeping the ridiculous price on refining these items to an "OK" level.

Players are going to use the botters enchants either way. The only difference is that players will get sick of doing this the current way.
    Dr. Phil
  • Options
    frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited October 2014

Considering the the interface is unfriendly when you don't use stacks, and it's still not friendly but more efficient to use stacks. I'd say they've done a good job at making sure botters are rewarded. But no, lets encourage bad user unfriendly design instead. That will work great.
  • Options
    alkemist80alkemist80 Member Posts: 957 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    There is also the drop down menu system, which I don't like either. To make do, I drag my refinement window right next to my inventory to shorten the length of dragging.

I also refine periodically to clear out my bags and to make sure I don't have to drop in a billion things at one time.

I'm not sure how they can improve on this system now since we can refine belts and weapons with random gear. It will be difficult for the game to sort out what you want and don't want to use if an option for "fill all equipment" becomes available.
    Banshee (Devotion Justice Oathbound Paladin) - Crueladevil (Soulbinder Damnation Scourge Warlock) - Sindania Balefire (Master Infiltrator Trickster Rogue)

werewolf.jpg
  • Options
    daggon87daggon87 Member Posts: 288 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    ^ And where do you think most of those stacks are coming from ?

Buying a stack should be exceptional. and if it's refining only one or two stacks once in a while, you wouldn't be suffering much with the current system.

Putting 99 stacks at the norm is only asking for botters to become the main providers of refining goods. Well, it's almost the case already, but no reasons to encourage it even more.

I'm also against the OP's suggestion.
    Olaf, freelance guardian fighter.
    Enorla, Oh so devoted cleric.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Look.

The refinement system is basically fine the way it is. It could use a few tweaks here and there, but not for permitting stacks of enchants to be refined all at once.

You are taking a shortcut from the usual leveling process by using stacks of enchants (stacks mostly generated by botters that shouldn't be in the AH in the first place, BTW). Note I didn't say "exploit" but a shortcut, because it's not an exploit.

The price you pay for using the shortcut is having to use the interface as it is intended to be used for the usual leveling process.

I know that there are just a lot of self-interested people around here (which may or may not include present company) who would like to have a 1-click button to level up all of their gear to legendary instantly. They don't want to farm, they don't want to kill dragons, they don't want to really play the game, I don't know what they really want to do. They want all legendary gear, but for what purpose? Why are they here if they don't really want to play the game?

The refinement system is also the way it is because it is one of many hooks to get you to keep playing the game. Horror of horrors, Cryptic would like people to continue playing their game after the first week of a new module! Can you imagine that? It rewards playing the game as it is intended to be played - kill a few mobs, pick up a few enchants, refine them into your stuff little by little. And *occasionally* if you sell something valuable and get a lot of AD then you can buy perhaps the occasional stack of enchants and refine something more rapidly. It's a bit of a pain for that one time but it is only an occasional inconvenience so it is eminently bearable.

And quite frankly I am a bit repulsed by the impatient mentality that wants everything RIGHT NOW RIGHT NOW RIGHT NOW.

I know my opinion is in the minority on this issue, but I don't care.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Correction, the refinement system WAS fine as it was. Just remove the ad removal cost and it was a reasonably well working system. This is a much inferior system in many ways, but I'm going to keep it short because there's only so many times I can point out the obvious. To thank that this system is casual friendly is just completely ridiculous.
  • Options
    liliadnaliliadna Member Posts: 96
    edited October 2014
    I still don't understand why would it benefit botters... I made same suggestion in another thread some time ago. Having option to use entire stack is less time consuming and that's it. You get your enchants/stones either by buying them on AH, finding them from killing mobs and opening crates from leadership profession. Every now and then when I open few thousands barrels/chests from leadership across all of my characters I end up with tons of lvl 2-4 enchants.
    Botters doesn't refine their artifacts, they just hoard up them and sell them so again how does it benefit them exactly?
  • Options
    lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I'm only going to say this once. If you disagree with a post, DO NOT attack or call out the poster or deride their opinion, but discuss.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • Options
    oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Botters are already being rewarded because of the current system. Anytime you make it so that items can be looted and are worth value, botters have a niche. This game is great for them.

This is totally besides the point though. The product botters produce is required for the refining process EITHER WAY. They have already won because the artifacts take thousands of items to level.

So why not make things that actual players do, leveling artifacts, a little less physically painful? I acquired a stack of peridots - it doesnt matter if I gathered them myself or bought off the AH one bit - why can't I dump them all in at once? Keeping this difficult as it is will in NO WAY SHAPE OR FORM hinder the botters one bit, but it sure makes actual players lives worse.

Again, if you have the materials to be able to level an artifact to legendary in your pack, then YES, you should be able to click 1 button and make it happen. Some of you are acting like the request is to actually remove the requirement to even gather the mats, and that's not what is being asked.
  • Options
    sexwax45sexwax45 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I'm just gonna say that its not really all that time intensive, you can put a whole stack into a item in less then 5mins... really its just 20 drags if you using stacks of the same item. When the double refinement weekend came i had saved a full dragonhoard bag of 20+ per stack of various enchants and refinement items accumulate the previous weeks and it only took maybe 20 mins to refine it all. In fact i lvled like 7 artifacts from green to purple in like a hour or so and that time included buying from the ah and retrieving items from the mailbox. While i agree if you are trying to lvl something from green to orange in one sitting it will take awhile but i doubt it was ever their intention that people would be doing this, so you are the exception not the norm. Though i wouldn't mind if they allowed it to take full stack in each slot.
    ... They want all legendary gear, but for what purpose? Why are they here if they don't really want to play the game?
    I would guess they want to kill 10k gs ppl in pvp...
  • Options
    runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014

Tired of this excuse. It doesn't even make sense. Botters automate the process of everything anyway. No "carpal tunnel" for them either way. So changing it just helps regular players.
    Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    runebane wrote: »
    Tired of this excuse. It doesn't even make sense. Botters automate the process of everything anyway. No "carpal tunnel" for them either way. So changing it just helps regular players.
    He is suggesting that without the use of bots it would be very unlikely that people would have full stacks of anything... but i'd have to say it would work out better for players because its not really that time intensive to add a whole stack but it would be very advantageous if you only had multiple stacks of 3-5 of varied different enchantments, that is where it can get time consuming thats why i just sell all those misc enchants and buy stacks.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Just change the system so that items gain XP like companions do. The more you use it, the better it gets. Problem solved....BOTs lose customers, players can actually play the game instead of the drag and drop mini game...

Can't think of any downside really. Make a new rare Artifact item XP drop if you seriously need it...
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Just change the system so that items gain XP like companions do. The more you use it, the better it gets. Problem solved....BOTs lose customers, players can actually play the game instead of the drag and drop mini game...

Can't think of any downside really. Make a new rare Artifact item XP drop if you seriously need it...
    Now that is an awesome idea, make all those top tier pvp players play to lvl up their gear, honestly great idea. They could even sell double item xp buffs, and what not.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    sexwax45 wrote: »
    He is suggesting that without the use of bots it would be very unlikely that people would have full stacks of anything...

Which is wrong as well. I'm not a bot and I get full stacks of refinement gems and enchants from farming with Dragon's Hoard enchants. As well as many stacks of the lower enchants that come from the leadership boxes.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    runebane wrote: »
    Which is wrong as well. I'm not a bot and I get full stacks of refinement gems and enchants from farming with Dragon's Hoard enchants. As well as many stacks of the lower enchants that come from the leadership boxes.

Ok your right less likely that so many would be available for purchase, just like what happened with the stacks after they removed the back door old refinement command.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    He is suggesting that without the use of bots it would be very unlikely that people would have full stacks of anything... but i'd have to say it would work out better for players because its not really that time intensive to add a whole stack but it would be very advantageous if you only had multiple stacks of 3-5 of varied different enchantments, that is where it can get time consuming thats why i just sell all those misc enchants and buy stacks.

Well, sort of.

Sure, if there were no bots, there would be a lot fewer giant stacks of enchants on the AH. That is true.

But having a refinement interface that explicitly permits refining stacks at once is an implicit statement that the bots, who are in the main the ones generating all the stacks, represent normal gameplay. That the refining system *depends* on bots. So to explicitly allow refining of entire stacks is to implicitly endorse botting. And Cryptic isn't going to do that nor should they.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Ok your right less likely that so many would be available for purchase, just like what happened with the stacks after they removed the back door old refinement command.

As I said I farm them myself. Because of that I don't buy stacks of them. So I don't care what is available or not. I -do- care that people keep using this lame excuse to keep a poor system in place. You don't make/keep a game user-unfriendly just because some of the people buy stuff that bots farmed.

That happens anyway. There are bots in just about every online game imaginable. Making a game user-unfriendly isn't going to stop them.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Well, sort of.

Sure, if there were no bots, there would be a lot fewer giant stacks of enchants on the AH. That is true.

But having a refinement interface that explicitly permits refining stacks at once is an implicit statement that the bots, who are in the main the ones generating all the stacks, represent normal gameplay. That the refining system *depends* on bots. So to explicitly allow refining of entire stacks is to implicitly endorse botting. And Cryptic isn't going to do that nor should they.

your logic is flawed on so many levels. It's like you said wasps eats pears and by growing pears you are helping to breed wasps
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Well, sort of.

The refinement system as a whole benefits botters. It has nothing to do with stacks, or anything else. You need to farm thousands, if not tens of thousands of items to level your gear (no, you dont NEED to level the gear, but if its level-able, people will want to do it...sort of why these games exist). They made it easier with the dragon hoard attachment even.

Being able to refine stacks does NOTHING to help or hinder botters, it just makes the HUMAN experience less physically painful. The bots already gain max benefit from the refinement system as it stands.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    liliadna wrote: »
    your logic is flawed on so many levels. It's like you said wasps eats pears and by growing pears you are helping to breed wasps

Well, yes. That's not a flaw in logic, that is called 'incentives'. If you have a bunch of flowers around your house, you will attract bees. So if you don't want bees, don't grow lots of flowers around your house. Simple as that.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Well, yes. That's not a flaw in logic, that is called 'incentives'. If you have a bunch of flowers around your house, you will attract bees. So if you don't want bees, don't grow lots of flowers around your house. Simple as that.

yes that is a flaw...
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited October 2014
    Being able to sort the drop down list would be nice, at the very least. I loathe how it always lists the best enchants first... That's counterintuitive to how most use the refining system. I know I always eat my lowest rank ones first. Mass refining would be gloriously welcomed by me and would even the playing field with bots.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    The refinement system as a whole benefits botters. It has nothing to do with stacks, or anything else. You need to farm thousands, if not tens of thousands of items to level your gear (no, you dont NEED to level the gear, but if its level-able, people will want to do it...sort of why these games exist). They made it easier with the dragon hoard attachment even.

Being able to refine stacks does NOTHING to help or hinder botters, it just makes the HUMAN experience less physically painful. The bots already gain max benefit from the refinement system as it stands.

^This. The way the new refinement system is designed means that the majority of top players are pretty much forced to use bots supply of stacks. Thankfully they did actually reduce this necessity with the release of dragon hoards so that we can farm our own stacks.

The game is for the players, and when you're hindering the players enjoyment in an attempt that tries (even though it really doesnt) to counter bots. You've gone down the wrong path.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    frishter wrote: »
    ^This. The way the new refinement system is designed means that the majority of top players are pretty much forced to use bots supply of stacks.

No one is forcing you or anyone else to do anything in this game. It is each individual's choice to decide how they are going to play the game. I wish people would stop referring to themselves as helpless victims.

If you CHOOSE to use stacks of botted enchants to level up your gear, then that is your CHOICE and it is not forced upon you.
  • Options
    qutsemniequtsemnie Member Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    zebular wrote: »
    Being able to sort the drop down list would be nice, at the very least. I loathe how it always lists the best enchants first... That's counterintuitive to how most use the refining system. I know I always eat my lowest rank ones first. Mass refining would be gloriously welcomed by me and would even the playing field with bots.

There is not a day that goes by that I don't think, "if only the devs just reversed this list in their code..."
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Apparently the game also likes to encourage people to use their spare gear in their artifact equipment first, not that I ever use the drop-down for filling stuff because dragging and dropping the items I actually want to use is ultimately less trouble.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    gerbilhurdlergerbilhurdler Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 418 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    daggon87 wrote: »
    ^ And where do you think most of those stacks are coming from ?

Buying a stack should be exceptional. and if it's refining only one or two stacks once in a while, you wouldn't be suffering much with the current system.

Putting 99 stacks at the norm is only asking for botters to become the main providers of refining goods. Well, it's almost the case already, but no reasons to encourage it even more.

I'm also against the OP's suggestion.

I am a player not a bot, and I only sell RP items when i get to 99 stack regularly. Takes about a day to get a couple stacks of peridots and maybe a stack of pearls.
    The fact that it takes hours to drag and drop enough RP to get an artifact weapon/belt to Epic is stupid and very user unfriendly.

Your argument amounts to "Bots grind RP so putting that RP into your weapons should be hard."
    Bots are going to stack to 99 anyways, and making refining unfriendly to players does nothing to stop that.
    ...and if it doesn't stop bots, then it only punishes players.

You want to stop bots, then write in some bot detection software...don't make upgrading weapons a 4 or 5 hour process AFTER you've spent days or weeks even grinding the RP/AD to get the stuff to upgrade.
  • Options
    jondbxjondbx Member Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited October 2014

Actually it's the reverse. The botters just bot refinement and could care less if it's 5 or 1000. The real people get carpel tunnel and hate the way it works.