What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Suggestion, please

2»

Comments

• thenakedbananathenakedbanana Member Posts: 86
    edited October 2014
    LMFAO!!

Ok, I support this idea, being able to refine x99 of something at once would be a nice feature to the human population of the game.
    I often purchase refinements for the sake of refining my artifacts in large amounts, I'm not the only one.
    It will not benefit the bots, why? because the bots ain't using them they are selling them, HORREEE <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> what a break through!
    They are using a generic lvl 60 CW, an infinite IMP spawning foundry, and the lovely little dragon hoard & fey blessing enchantments as well as their botting program of choice.

People gunna People
    Botters gunna Bot
    People gunna whine and moan about botters.

Don't pass the buck because the system is flawed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Censorship is the suppression of speech, public communication
    or other information which may be considered objectionable.
    A Tool used by those with power to stay in power.
    I object to your objection
  • refracted0dawnrefracted0dawn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 894 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    pointsman wrote: »
    Yes, let's reward the botters!

What an excellent suggestion!

Are you sure you understand what you are saying here?

I just bought a stack of 10 Rank 6 Dark Enchants because:

1. They were a better deal per Enchant than buying 1, or 3 or 5.

2. I could not afford a stack of 99 as I just did not have the AD; and I am not sure I would need that many atm, anyway.

3. Bots do not care how many I buy, or how many I use in one go; they will farm them and put them up regardless.

4. I would not buy more Enchants if I could use a larger number on an Artifact in one go; the limiting factors are a) do I need them? and b) can I afford them? So Bots will not get more AD from me if I could use more Enchants in one go at all.

5. I bought a stack of 99 Rank 4 Radiants a few weeks ago as they were a good deal, I could afford them, I needed them and I used them all to make some Rank 6 up to Rank 7; I don't mind seeing each set of 5 being used up in the refining process. In fact, I quite like seeing how many Crits I get. One time, I got five Crits! Three at 150% and two at 200%. :D But If I wanted to get an artifact from level 30 to 59, I might prefer to be able to use all 99 in one slot - as long as the same number as normal get a Crit hit. But I would not buy more enchants than I do just because I can use them all at once.

6. If Bots are undercutting real players trying to sell their own Farmed Enchants, that is sadly unfortunate for the Seller, but good for the Buyer.

7. If Bots put up 100 stacks of 99 of every type of Rank 6 Enchant, I would certainly not rush out and buy them; not because I do not want to refine things like artifacts in larger chunks, but because I just do not have enough AD;

8. I really think you have no idea what you are saying. But I think most players would agree with me.

9. I am not as concerned about it as the OP as I have no Artifact Gear, just Artifacts. But I AM trying to gear all 12 of my level 60 characters so I do not absolutely disgrace myself in PvP when I play a class I am not very skilled at. And that includes giving them all Enchants of at least Rank 6.

10. I do not think they will implement the system the OP asks for as it might be difficult to calculate the number of Critical Success RP if we do not have a single Enchant in each refining slot.

:)
    edited October 2014
    liliadna wrote: »
    I still don't understand why would it benefit botters...

It won't. Unless they refine unequipped Artifact gear and then sell that, I suppose. But Cryptic could stop that by making Artifact gear Bound to Account as soon as it is refined by 1 RP or more.

liliadna wrote: »
    Every now and then when I open few thousands barrels/chests from leadership across all of my characters I end up with tons of lvl 2-4 enchants.

I did that, for about three weeks leading up to Double Refinement Weekend! :D

I just did not have the Inventory space to save up the enchants, runes and refining stones I would get. So I just saved all the White, Green, Blue and Purple crates, the Barrels and the Caches you get for 7 Celestial Coins.

Then I opened them all on Day 1 of DRW and mailed them to my main character.

Thank the Gods of Cryptic for the Inventory Overspill Slots!

edited October 2014
    pointsman wrote: »
    Well, yes. That's not a flaw in logic, that is called 'incentives'. If you have a bunch of flowers around your house, you will attract bees. So if you don't want bees, don't grow lots of flowers around your house. Simple as that.

Or use something to kill the bees.

But then, that will kill your flowers as well in the end.

No pollination, you see.

I think your analogy is more frighteningly real than you realise!

:
    edited October 2014
    Originally Posted by zebular
    Being able to sort the drop down list would be nice, at the very least. I loathe how it always lists the best enchants first...
    qutsemnie wrote: »
    There is not a day that goes by that I don't think, "if only the devs just reversed this list in their code..."

Oh, yes. And a filter to remove any dis-similar enchants, as you also see all the Enchants etc stored in your bank vault.

Personally, I tend to use 4s first on Rank 5s, then use lower level enchants to make up the difference as the Critical Successes always give more than you expect. I never fill the slots to give exactly the amount needed to make a 6 or a 7; I always remove a couple, in case I get a Crit I don't want to waste, as I have given up on refining up to Rank 8 as too expensive.

But when you click "Fill All Slots", there should be radial buttons to click that say:

Show All (Enchants, Runes and Stones)
    Show Stones Only
    Show Enchants Only
    Show Runes Only
    Show Same Type Only (So you only see your Radiants when refining a Radiant etc)

But it is not all that much of a problem, as I refine every few days when I have a bunch of all types of Enchants and Runes from Dailies etc, so I always have stacks of ranks 1 to 4, with a few 5s from Leadership or Celestial Coins. Plus, I am still killing Pinatas from the Summer Festival.

• thenakedbananathenakedbanana Member Posts: 86
    edited October 2014
    It won't. Unless they refine unequipped Artifact gear and then sell that, I suppose. But Cryptic could stop that by making Artifact gear Bound to Account as soon as it is refined by 1 RP or more.

Woah buddy, it already does that. The second you go to pump refinements into any artifact equipment it gives ya a nice little warning that doing so will bind it to your character. The second you go through with it that shiny belt you found or bought is stuck in your possession. So aside from refining enchantments and runestones there is a system in place to stop such things. If their wasn't you'd be seeing legendary belts on the AH for insane prices already.

As for refining up enchantments and runestones, bots wouldn't bother with this because in almost all cases it's cheaper to purchase these refinements and runestones from the AH thanks to players undercutting each other.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Censorship is the suppression of speech, public communication
    or other information which may be considered objectionable.
    A Tool used by those with power to stay in power.
    I object to your objection