What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Cleric changes have been posted in the Feedback section

124»

Comments

• godhricgodhric Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 437 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    Basically, yes.

If these changes go live, which seems very likely, my DC will have to go join my other characters who are simply used for refining AD gained from the Leadership Profession. Clearly, I am very disappointed considering the time, effort, and $$$ spent tweaking my DC to its current state of greatness. :(

It's not like my guild needs another CW/SW/GWF—which leaves me with my HR or GF to focus on more diligently.

Wait.. don't we DCs get 1 debuff feat in the righteous tree?

Most importantly.. DCs improvement towards buff/debuffs are implemented towards the encounter... so that most DCs will be able to do it without needing to choose any 1 tree.

1. Divine Glow's range (AND debuff duration) is improved with each stack of Empowered (also, now DG give some healing)...

2. Break the Spirit and 3. FF gives damage buff to the surrounding when empowered.

In regards to buff/debuffing aspect, i see it improved from the before..

The one i particularly dont like currently is the divine version of healing word (which is still bugged) and astral shield with its measly & lame temp HP.. With the empowered stacks being changed to global, I'll just use other better divine encounter if i want to use the empowered HW/AS.
  • pherrowpherrow Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 421 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    strachen wrote: »
    Like others in this thread, I will reserve judgment until I see the changes in action, but at first glance, it does seem like a net loss in ability. I was hoping the changes might actually improve my cleric's soloability. It will be interesting to see what power becomes the new go-to if Astral Shield gets nerfed.

Made a short vid in relation to the "soloability". What you need to see is fairly quick in regards to damage. The slower parts are just so you can see what my toon is wearing (or lack there of). That was done just to show how even an anemic DC such as mine at the time could still do nice damage. Also, forgive the poor play in this clip, been so long since I played him I could barely drive him around. So, even without any skill, no set bonuses and no enchants...the changes are great for dailies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3u4X2WWlB8

ETA: Almost forgot...my apologies for hopping so much...
  • plaviaplavia Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I didn't understand if there are class specific feats change but AC looks weak compare to DO

exaltation doesn't looks so appealing
    blessing of the battle divinity gain might be the lowest
    and the new artifact feat AC bonus looks very weak compare to DO

pretty sure they wont give us respect token, so need to save zen...
  • r10999r10999 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    True. What I meant by that was that clerics can do a lot more healing. And now that I've tested some more I can say that it might be viable because the capstone feat in the middle tree throws a heal when you're at 30% or lower and the top tree is focused on Heals over time.
    While clerics will still probably be almost worthless as healers because of lifesteal and regen at least we can try with those parties that for some odd reason lack it. That's why we have so many buffs and debuffs though.
    edited October 2014
    plavia wrote: »
    blessing of the battle divinity gain might be the lowest
    In fact, i tested it with a stopwatch to compare to other atwill : sacred flame and lance of faith.

With only Divine Fortune slotted (no pvp set), per second gain (no interruption), blessing of battle fare the fastest between the three, consuming around 8.30 second to fill from 0 to full, sacred flame & lance of faith is quite similar and they are around 9.30-10.30 sec to fill from 0 to full.... But ofc in real battle, BoB is not practical, many drawbacks.. Like for example : Trash mobs could die first before the BoB hits, being proned before finishing animation, etc ....
    and the new artifact feat AC bonus looks very weak compare to DO
    Couldnt agree more...
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I see very little reason to pick AC anymore, it was once the clear choice for pvp , but sadly whatever bonus defense and defense reduction you got from it, just doesn't compensate any longer. BoB should be great, but sadly in both pve and pvp its REALLY too slow, it should be half the divinity building, half of the dps and twice as fast to cast.

I just dont know what to do with this thing, I already have dps toons, I was hoping for more dps in addition to better evaluation of what defense should mean in overall game mechanics and/or some reduction of righteousness, with a rework of our feats.

Im not really complaining, I dont hate the changes, if nothing else Ill go dps like everyone else , so at least I can do dailies faster.

I want to love the HoT line of spells, but its not as good as the SW temp, you do less damage , and frankly less healing still, so its not the best of options. Its supposed to free you so you can pick damage, and still heal everyone, but meh.
    edited October 2014
    but its not as good as the SW temp, you do less damage

Even after the SW's lifesteal nerf from 200% to 125%?
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    godhric wrote: »

Would have to retest the SW I guess.

My gut feeling would be yes, the SW will do more healing becuase it can still do more damage and its a 100% of the time, not 50% of the time the HoT line feat is.

I just havent brought myself to doing it.

Also, Ive been told not to post act before yet, I still see people doing it. Its confusing, is ACT ok to post or not, the last time I asked, I got the answer, NO, its third part, unapproved results.
  • clericalistclericalist Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 595 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    godhric wrote: »

Similar geared temptation warlocks most of the times get 5 times the healing than me, so if my maths is correct, nerfing the bonus to 125% will mean they win field medic by around 2.5 times healing. Life steal is so potent on the warlock, even if the feat just gave their life steal to others without any extra bonus, they would probably still win most of the time.