test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Cleric changes have been posted in the Feedback section

Comments

• godhricgodhric Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 437 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    Yes, but surely you would never go into PvP without maxing Divinity against the training dummies?
    he is probably talking about the rest of the match.
  • geeq5geeq5 Member Posts: 223 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    godhric wrote: »

Pretty sure he was!
  • refracted0dawnrefracted0dawn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 894 Arc User
    edited October 2014

Well, on the live server without the changes:

Bountiful Fortune +15% Divinity Regain
    Grim Faithful Armour +25% Divinity Regain
    Ethereal Boon 10% of a Pip of Divinity when Encounters come off Cooldown
    Blessings of Battle and Sacred Flame At-Wills

I have no problems at all with generating Divinity in PvP, especially with my Recovery 3800 meaning I cast Encounters pretty quickly.

And on the test shard, I do not have Ethereal Boon, of course, but I generate Divinity FASTER, even with NONE of the Paragon Feats slotted.

I think some people need to get over the idea that the best DC armour in the game is a T1 set. I keep coming across this and I have never found that to be true, and I will be getting the Profound Faithful for the +30% Divinity Regain bonus as soon as I have the Glory and Seals.

~
  • godhricgodhric Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 437 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014

I have no problems at all with generating Divinity in PvP, especially with my Recovery 3800 meaning I cast Encounters pretty quickly.

And on the test shard, I do not have Ethereal Boon, of course, but I generate Divinity FASTER, even with NONE of the Paragon Feats slotted.
    The main issue is not the divinity gain in itself.. but the means to achieve it. Spamming at-wills will render us rooted to the ground, and we mostly dont have the luxury to stand still in PvP. But right now i'm merely theorycrafting, i havent really test PvPing with the new style. With the feat healing step (our only feat that somewhat counter CC) gone, idk if DC will do well.. Let's just hope they also improve the heroic feats by changing the unused ones to give some CC countering (like stamina gain, etc)
    I think some people need to get over the idea that the best DC armour in the game is a T1 set. I keep coming across this and I have never found that to be true, and I will be getting the Profound Faithful for the +30% Divinity Regain bonus as soon as I have the Glory and Seals.

~
    I strongly believe the ones mentioning those HP set are using it for PvE purpose.. There are much better options for PvP use. The grim/profound set is one.. altho those who has fulfilled tenacity requirement (by using the campaign ring set) tend to prefer miracle healer set combined with high HP.
    edited October 2014
    The main issue is not the divinity gain in itself.. but the means to achieve it. Spamming at-wills will render us rooted to the ground, and we mostly dont have the luxury to stand still in PvP.

I don't understand - what do you mean "rooted to the ground"?

1. We cannot cast Encounters while moving, either;
    2. I have to multi-tap the key for Encounters as they will not fire if I am moving or have just come out of a Dodge; particularly Sunburst;
    3. I am constantly dodging as often as possible, both in PvE and PvP, so I am rarely motionless;
    4. The only thing that "roots" me is a Stun/Freeze/Daze/Grasping Roots etc;
    5. And, as I keep saying, I regain Divinity purely from At-Wills FASTER with NO PARAGON FEATS at all.

How can three hits with Blessings of Battle be considered "rooted to the ground"? They do not have to be spammed in quick succession - you can shoot, move, shoot, use normal Encounter, shoot and rebuild Divinity purely from At Wills without ever being "rooted to the ground".

And BoB has a decent range, so I can hit HR and CW at distance and buff the HR, SW and CW in my own party on a node quite well. It is the CW "Hold One Button Down" Freeze that really hacks me off.

But right now i'm merely theorycrafting

Yeah, well, do yourself and the rest of us a favour, and DON'T. Otherwise these boards will become so full of nonsense and uninformed moaning, it would be little wonder if the Devs paid no attention.

I have a lot of concerns about the changes to Feats and other mechanics, and the absence of certain Feats (Moon Touched, Ethereal Boon etc) but the speed of Divinity Regain is not one of them. It IS faster, as they said.

Of course, if they then nerf it later, I will be one unhappy Tiefling.

With the feat healing step (our only feat that somewhat counter CC) gone, idk if DC will do well.. Let's just hope they also improve the heroic feats by changing the unused ones to give some CC countering (like stamina gain, etc)

I have never used Healing Step and the one time I tried Linked Spirit it seemed to be a complete waste of time.

It's a shame about Moon Touched, Ethereal Boon etc, but instead of Feats that boost certain At Wills, Encounters and Dailies they seem to now have more general Feats that boost damage, healing, DoTs, HoTs etc. So I'll have to change my DC Power chart to reflect these changes and see what Feats I actually need.

altho those who has fulfilled tenacity requirement (by using the campaign ring set) tend to prefer miracle healer set combined with high HP.

And maybe they should rethink that?

My experience with 12 level 60s, 4 DC, 2 HR, 2 TR, 2 GF, 1 GWF and 1 CW is that any PvP Gear that serves well in PvP will also satisfy any PvE needs.

I collected a few bits of High Prophet and Miracle Healer, but got rid of them. Just not worth the Grind.

My dps Virtuous/Righteous Dwarf had Grand Templar, which was really good for his build, but I traded it up for Profound Righteous.

My Radiant Healer Tiefling just got Grim Faithful from PvP before I retired her for a few months as my Dwarf was more fun as he could actually kill things. Then she came out of retirement and she's saving for her Profound Faithful. The stat difference is minimal, but there's that extra +5% Divinty Regain and +2.5% healing.

Same with my other characters - I fitted them out with Blues I had collected over the last 8 months, supplemented with really cheap AH purchases, then started getting Glory and Seals for their Profound Gear. Except the TRs - I got Battlefield Skulker Gear and Spymaster's weapons for them.

DC - set bonus: +30% Divinity, +7.5% Healing, +463 Recovery
    TR - set bonus: +30% Stealth, +7.5% Damage, +463 Critical Strike

And so on.

T1 sets have probably seen their day. I can't really say, as I have never used them.

But if you need more Divinity there are definitely better sets out there.

:)
  • izatarizatar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,161 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I have no problems at all with generating Divinity in PvP,
    ~
    It takes 3 sacred flames at least to get to 3 pips of divinity. Dueling against my control wizard buddy, I might get off one before I die.
    edited October 2014
    izatar wrote: »
    It takes 3 sacred flames at least to get to 3 pips of divinity. Dueling against my control wizard buddy, I might get off one before I die.

Three Sacred Flames for full Divinity? That is even faster than I remember!

Did you try a normal Sunburst to interrupt and blow him away? I'll have to get over to IWD for some practice.

This is where the CW is so ludicrously OP - it's all well and good an Elementalist Wizard having massively damaging Fire, Ice and Lightning spells.

It's all well and good for an Illusionist/Enchanter Wizard having things that hold, immobilise, stun and befuddle.

But a Control Wizard being able to do both at the same time?

And with a 9k GS, floating and choking me in mid-air with a constant stream of ice freezing me and removing all my hp in 3 seconds?

That's just wrong.

Like my experience, skill and 15k GS don't mean nothing.

:(
  • mergail89mergail89 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I'm gonna cry... for me this changes means one: the cleric will be like the GF was before his class ballance changes - forgotten, rotten and worthless any attention. Nobody well geared needs healing anymore.. so, I will have two choices: stop plaing or focus on plaing with new players without gear. Any better endgame farm runs will be out of my reach.
  • lyaiselyaise Member Posts: 491 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    mergail89 wrote: »
    I'm gonna cry... for me this changes means one: the cleric will be like the GF was before his class ballance changes - forgotten, rotten and worthless any attention. Nobody well geared needs healing anymore.. so, I will have two choices: stop plaing or focus on plaing with new players without gear. Any better endgame farm runs will be out of my reach.

Hey! You running for my title of class drama queen? :D
    If you decide to go for the full healing feats, then you're probably right. Well geared groups don't need that now. The answer may be a mix match approach, as choosing an individual tree at the moment seems to polarizes you.
    Some player feedback has included requests for a more rounded feat tree, with a combination of dps/heal/buff/debuff.
    ...............vote for your favourite expansion..........
    "Mod 6. Oh my f****** god. It gutted the game pure and simple. And what wasn't gutted was messed up by the poorly thought out new level cap and equip. The game never recovered from that atrocity".
    ..............not this one then.............
  • fusionawesomefusionawesome Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    mergail89 wrote: »

There there :cool: no need to cry.

The way i see it not much has changed in our place in the group.
    (this is based on me trying out the dps tree)

Before mod 5:
    19k gs crowd doesn't need our healing and most of the time not even our mitigation so we buff them debuff the enemy's.
    Run goes faster everybody happy. We do low damage but our value comes from giving more damage group wide.

After mod 5:
    They still don't need our healing. Buffs haven't gotten worse as far as i can see (maybe better need more time for testing)
    There are debuffs in encounters and the dps tree has debuffs. Now we do medium damage and our value still comes from giving more damage group wide.

So glass half full there was, is and still will be are reason for having us around but because of decent damage buffs
    our solo dailys are less of a hassle.

And who know what the new content will be maybe they do need some healing in the future.

Go hop on preview and have a read and try of our new powers its pretty cool imo i like the ground work now needs some tweaking.
  • fusionawesomefusionawesome Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    lyaise wrote: »
    Some player feedback has included requests for a more rounded feat tree, with a combination of dps/heal/buff/debuff.

I would actually like to see more mitigation powers/feats. DPS classes can heal themselves fine with lifesteal but do need protection against high burst damage. The temp hit points some powers give fixes that a little bit but just liked to see a bit more.
  • raist724raist724 Member Posts: 46
    edited October 2014
    DC are way to OP on preview in the right hands. Not even worth the time typing out the ridiculousness that will ensue when these changes go live.

Question: What is the best part of DC on preview?

Answer: To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women.
    Wake | Halfling | DC
    Raist Torilrocker | Dwarf | DCWaterdeep Dungeon & Salvage LLC
    http://www.twitch.tv/raist718/profile
  • r10999r10999 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    arcanaxe wrote: »
    I like healing builds on a DC, but now you can't heal with Astral shield, you can't heal with FF, you won't be able to use sunburst as it will knock everything away.

The rest of the healing spells is garbage for dungeons. So what is left, now you are force to play full buff/debuff no more full healing builds. Wow nice way to screw up a class thanks Devs.

Actually if you looked they seriously buffed some of those healing abilities, like Bastion of Health. BoH used to heal for about 4-6k without divinity and now heals for something like 12-14k. Plus with AS giving temporary hitpoints instead its basically a damage reduction power. Improves defense and absorbs damage with the temp hp so still not that bad. Still need to test more to be sure but it seems that a full heal build is more than possible. Especially with some of those capstone feats. So I'd have to disagree and say they probably made this class a lot better especially since healing build clerics were nearly worthless in dungeons as the players lifesteal and regen were all they needed so the DC was just there for the buff/debuffs.
  • lyaiselyaise Member Posts: 491 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    r10999 wrote: »
    Actually if you looked they seriously buffed some of those healing abilities, like Bastion of Health. BoH used to heal for about 4-6k without divinity and now heals for something like 12-14k. Plus with AS giving temporary hitpoints instead its basically a damage reduction power. Improves defense and absorbs damage with the temp hp so still not that bad. Still need to test more to be sure but it seems that a full heal build is more than possible. Especially with some of those capstone feats. So I'd have to disagree and say they probably made this class a lot better especially since healing build clerics were nearly worthless in dungeons as the players lifesteal and regen were all they needed so the DC was just there for the buff/debuffs.

This just seems to have a massive contradiction written all over it.

healing build clerics were nearly worthless due to lifesteal, regen....
    Other players won't go away from Lifesteal, it's too much of a useful mechanic.

- So if healing Clerics were not needed before, why are they suddenly needed now when nothing outside the class has changed?
    ...............vote for your favourite expansion..........
    "Mod 6. Oh my f****** god. It gutted the game pure and simple. And what wasn't gutted was messed up by the poorly thought out new level cap and equip. The game never recovered from that atrocity".
    ..............not this one then.............
  • clericalistclericalist Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 595 Arc User
    edited October 2014

The last two boons for the dragon campaign both have life steal bonuses to choose from (for a temptation warlock the last boon basically means +9% healing power), and I am guessing many players will pick those, making any healing builds for clerics even less useful.
  • mergail89mergail89 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    -- But... but... aaAAhaahAAAa.. <starts crying> :(
    edited October 2014
    Actually if you looked they seriously buffed some of those healing abilities, like Bastion of Health. BoH used to heal for about 4-6k without divinity and now heals for something like 12-14k.

It's about time they did something with that. Bastion of Health was supposed to be the most powerful pure healing spell (as in, no mitigation, no buffing, no regeneration, just pure healing), but it was one of the worst.

Bastion of Health barely had any more healing than Sunburst and was always second rate compared with Astral Shield, which did so much more. And a normal BoH had such a long casting time as well.

I am very pleased they buffed BoH to make it a proper, Mass Healing spell. But not at all happy that they nerfed Astral Shield.

~
  • baalhashmalbaalhashmal Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Mitigation takes precedence over healing. Mitigate a high damaging attack so it doesn't kill a party member is far better than trying to heal a dead corpse to full health. I've tested this.

The more damage a cleric can mitigate, the better. As stated already by many others, the other non-DC classes manage well with their life steal stat and some moderate healing from a cleric.

Cleric: Marquis Elmdore - Current Main <3
    Wizard: Iamblichus
    Fighter: Anna the Titan
    Barbarian: Anann Valkyrja
    Ranger: Minerva Cory'phaia
    Warlock: Suri Coralyne Reid

Guild: She Looked Level 18.
    Alliance: Imperium
  • clericalistclericalist Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 595 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Mitigation takes precedence over healing. Mitigate a high damaging attack so it doesn't kill a party member is far better than trying to heal a dead corpse to full health. I've tested this.

The more damage a cleric can mitigate, the better. As stated already by many others, the other non-DC classes manage well with their life steal stat and some moderate healing from a cleric.

I just wish they could provide something that scored this, providing feedback is important for many gamers.
  • distancedistance Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    guys can you tell me if there is gonna be a free reset to powers and feats after the module 5?
  • free2payfree2pay Member Posts: 284 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    What is a class with no respectable self heal, no survivability, no dps, no CC doing in this game?! Just end its misery and delete it already.
  • teekohpek00teekohpek00 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    distance wrote: »
    guys can you tell me if there is gonna be a free reset to powers and feats after the module 5?

I am not so sure abt the power part but i'm certain the feats will be resetted.
  • strachenstrachen Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Like others in this thread, I will reserve judgment until I see the changes in action, but at first glance, it does seem like a net loss in ability. I was hoping the changes might actually improve my cleric's soloability. It will be interesting to see what power becomes the new go-to if Astral Shield gets nerfed.
  • lerdocixlerdocix Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    strachen wrote: »
    Like others in this thread, I will reserve judgment until I see the changes in action, but at first glance, it does seem like a net loss in ability. I was hoping the changes might actually improve my cleric's soloability. It will be interesting to see what power becomes the new go-to if Astral Shield gets nerfed.

Couldn't really test the healing changes seriously, but DPS specced DC on preview is a complete and utter monster(compared to what it is on live).
    http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/548637014488437701/81A0242B5F94653F5624503BCA610B9B9C4BAAD0/
    Just check the screenshot, no encounters, just at-will with feat proc.

If you are soloing and doing dailies, you'll <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> yourself from happiness. I do feel like healing was also improved greatly and the direct heal path might be actually decent pvp setup next to dps path. HoTs probably will belong to PvE.

Don't really feel the lack of AS, but I do feel the joy of it not being THE choice but just a choice.
  • mrvincent1959mrvincent1959 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Astral Shield - nerfed, Hallowed Ground - nerfed, Sunburst - useless. Several Feats which improved our stats - gone. Now we are button mashers because they felt we were not "involved" enough in a fight.

We were designed originally as support players which means we need time to position ourselves and survey the battlefield. Hence why most of us ended up with a hybrid build. The Cleric has been getting nerfed since day one and it has been really sad. Most of the nerfs were in order to satisfy the pvp portion of the game, and pvp means nothing to me.

Now we have a redesign in order to satisfy what THEY thought was wrong with the cleric. So far, in my testing on preview, it feels very clunky and I have to be a button masher. I'm still not sure what I am going to do once it goes live other then give it a try.

Everyone seems to be happy that the Cleric can do more damage now. Whoopee!
    twitch.tv/kaligold
    edited October 2014

Copy your character to the Test Server and see: http://nw.perfectworld.com/preview

They will definitely reset all the Paragon Feats, as they have completely changed and many do not exist any more.

BUT - they should give us a Free Retraining Token, because these changes are so radical, so deeply overwhelming and so far-reaching that it completely tears apart and rebuilds the class - so WE should be able to tear apart and rebuild our characters as well. Free of charge. After all, we did not ask for THIS. It is clear from the forum what we asked for. And THIS is not it.

But if this is what we are getting, we really should get a Free Retraining Token.

That means re-selecting:

1. Attribute Stat distribution on Level Up - we may have selected stats for something that no longer exists
    2. At-Wills, Encounters, Dailies and Class Features
    3. ALL Feats, including Heroic, Paragon Path and Boons
    4. Paragon Path - we may decide that a DO will be better than an AC, or vice versa.

Same goes for the TR - for example, change a Master Infiltrator to a Whisperknife and vice versa, redistribute their attribute scores and Heroic Feats because high INT does not help with Perma-Stealth anymore and you want to use Feats that affect you when you come OUT of Stealth, not keep you in Stealth for longer etc.

;)
    edited October 2014
    free2pay wrote: »
    What is a class with no respectable self heal, no survivability, no dps, no CC doing in this game?! Just end its misery and delete it already.

Well, quite.

lerdocix wrote: »
    I do feel like healing was also improved greatly and the direct heal path might be actually decent pvp setup next to dps path. HoTs probably will belong to PvE.

Don't really feel the lack of AS, but I do feel the joy of it not being THE choice but just a choice.

I only ever use Astral Shield for Party play - it has no use at all for solo play due to the Righteousness nerf. As alluded to by free2pay above.

Even my total Healing AC can kill things faster than she can heal herself.

:(
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    If you want to improve solo performance, go the Righteous path and your DPS goes way, way up....crits are typically double or triple what they were before.

if you want to improve healing performance, go Faithful or Virtuous - you will manage to outheal any Temptation SW.

If you want to debuff monsters and buff your teammates to increase their damage (which is what DCs used to do pretty well).....uh.....well....go play some other game.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • sharonioussharonious Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited October 2014

When I tried out some new builds on the preview server, paragon feats were reset but nothing else. HOWEVER, Benefit of Foresight was still maxed, which is a tier 2 feat so that was weird (as the tier 1 feat on the faithful tree did reset, leaving Benefit of Foresight hanging out by itself).

This was fine when I was testing out a virtuous damage-mitigation build since I would have put points to get it anyway. But if that feat stays selected for the free feat respec when it goes live, a lot of DOs hoping to switch to a full righteous DPS/debuff are going to be *pissed*.

----

Of the 2 builds I tried (tested both by running Biggrins), the virtuous was super-tanky, but painfully slow to solo. I can see it being useful in eSoT or eLoL for survivability, and maybe in pvp tho I haven't pvp'd in awhile. The righteous build was fun to solo, but still took more tactical thought than my MoF CW - managing divine/empowered wasn't too much of a pain but I did have to be careful. With all the party-dps boost feats in there, I can see this build being in much more demand for higher-gs parties than other builds.

Currently my cleric build can both make a run safer and faster (damage mitigation AND enemy debuff), now I have to chose between slow&safe or faster. Will make for an interesting dynamic in party play, I think.
  • baalhashmalbaalhashmal Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    adinosii wrote: »

If you want to debuff monsters and buff your teammates to increase their damage (which is what DCs used to do pretty well).....uh.....well....go play some other game.

Basically, yes.

If these changes go live, which seems very likely, my DC will have to go join my other characters who are simply used for refining AD gained from the Leadership Profession. Clearly, I am very disappointed considering the time, effort, and $$$ spent tweaking my DC to its current state of greatness. :(

It's not like my guild needs another CW/SW/GWF—which leaves me with my HR or GF to focus on more diligently.

Cleric: Marquis Elmdore - Current Main <3
    Wizard: Iamblichus
    Fighter: Anna the Titan
    Barbarian: Anann Valkyrja
    Ranger: Minerva Cory'phaia
    Warlock: Suri Coralyne Reid

Guild: She Looked Level 18.
    Alliance: Imperium