test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

GF Class Advocate Feedback

Comments

• vinceent1vinceent1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,264 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    thank you damnacious

at least i am happy that more folks join my opinion that we dont have guardian FIGHTER but guardian BUFFBOT. i am really wondering, in game are purely PVE GF , it must be torture if you have not at least some refresh in PVP (GG PVP for me - at least one player cant ruin it as domination) . at the end we can be happy at least for some at-will damage boost, if nothing else, bad to hear devs are not listening. even clerics now have their ultra dps paragon, why dont we?

p.s. you think paladin will help? what is paladin? sword, shield and buff spells (buffbot even more)
  • freshourfreshour Member Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Maybe when the dev's decide to check out this post after their big holiday break they get after the release of every mod -- we might get them to want him back. Heck they may even do their job? Honestly they should hire damnacious to come do it for them and then get someone to have him collect data for all facets of NW because he is by far the best I have ever seen.
  • ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    freshour wrote: »
    Maybe when the dev's decide to check out this post after their big holiday break they get after the release of every mod -- we might get them to want him back. Heck they may even do their job? Honestly they should hire damnacious to come do it for them and then get someone to have him collect data for all facets of NW because he is by far the best I have ever seen.

You think they read this thread? HA!

If they did, things would be different.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited December 2014
    That sucks, Damnacious. I'll chat with Akro some tomorrow and see what's up. If you'd like me to convey anything else unstatable here, feel free to PM me or I'd be happy to give you my Skype via PM upon request. As always, thanks for what you do on behalf of the Community Team. It's not gone unnoticed by us, that's for sure!

Safe travels,
    Archmage Zebular of Mystryl

PWE Community Moderator
  • damnaciousdamnacious Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 354 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    zebular wrote: »
    That sucks, Damnacious. I'll chat with Akro some tomorrow and see what's up. If you'd like me to convey anything else unstatable here, feel free to PM me or I'd be happy to give you my Skype via PM upon request. As always, thanks for what you do on behalf of the Community Team. It's not gone unnoticed by us, that's for sure!

Safe travels,

PWE Community Moderator

Isn't he a legend guys? Love your work as always Zeb! Thanks!
  • robotpolisrobotpolis Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Thanks Zeb! At least there are still some hopes for us =).
  • ikapamkikapamk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 294 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2014
    damnacious,
    It's been a pleasure. Of all the class advocates I have contributed under, you have given the most time and best work. I applaud you for your dedication to the task and the integrity of this class. You will be missed as our CA, but I hope to still see you here, contributing and sharing with the best.

To our future CA,
    You have big boots to fill. Learn from your predecessor; he did some excellent work and his transparency made all of us feel listened to, even if by none other than him. If you can be even just half the advocate he was, you will have already done a better job than many others seem to have.

Ave, morituri te salutant
    Carpe Jugulum
    Sharra Del'Armgo - SW Trapper Hybrid HR
    Ogghra Bar'Ghuzumn - MI Scoundrel TR
    Vænna Thrymskjöldr - IV Protector GF
    edited December 2014
    Thanks for all the kind words and support guys. I really appreciate it! I hope the future holds more positive outcomes for our class.
  • killernorekillernore Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    ... idk what see the dev... they just work in other class ....well thx nevermelee
  • micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    ayroux wrote: »
    Tried to snip out for the summary here for the DEVs to see. No worries mate, respect earned as far as I am concerned and this just goes to show, they never REALLY meant anything when they rolled out this advocate idea.

DEVs - THIS is why your sales are down, THIS is why your game is dying and THIS is why people are constantly quitting the game.... You DONT listen to players.

For over a YEAR we have asked for:
    1) More PVP maps - NOTHING
    2) More challenging PVE content - NOTHING!!! A raid that can be pugged? Please.....
    3) STOP with the "invest to win" gear choices - we get MORE artifact gear.....
    4) Give players REAL reward (like RP) for PLAYING the game - NOPE!
    5) A feedback system (like advocates) - implemented and IGNORED!

What do you expect? Instead of getting together and planning out the next two modules. Maybe you should STOP, SLOW DOWN and LISTEN!

We DONT want new mods... We just want CHANGES to EXISTING content.....

I dont play GF at all, and only have GWF for the artifact, so can't comment about it at all.
    But the lack of communication is indeed amazing here. I can understand devs don't want their wrods misinterpreted, but for things like bug reports? every time I want to submit a bug report i'm thinking "why bother? does anyone even read it?" A simple, passed to QA / need more details - do not understand / can't reproduce, will work and yet nothing.
    Also about the content, simply making a version of the current dungeons with +10 mob level (level 75) and give RP / marks of potency / higher rank enchants or something (there were many threads about possible loot) as reward, will keep people with something challenging to do and give devs a month or two to fix some bugs.
  • vaulwynvaulwyn Member Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Could we get an update on what is going on here, I would sure like to know if I should bother holding out hope, I loose more and more each time I fight a DC HR or TR 1v1 and have zero hope of winning due to the short comings of my class.
    GF - Sigh
  • killernorekillernore Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    vaulwyn wrote: »
    Could we get an update on what is going on here, I would sure like to know if I should bother holding out hope, I loose more and more each time I fight a DC HR or TR 1v1 and have zero hope of winning due to the short comings of my class.

simple dev dont pay attention to GF class advocate he got tired, leave the advocate and no one cares the class balance :confused:
  • freshourfreshour Member Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    And no one is dumb enough to try and be the advocate after what happened to him, and the Dev's never really admit mistakes. They just give us an event with transmutes we don't use
  • silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    freshour wrote: »
    And no one is dumb enough to try and be the advocate after what happened to him

This ^

/10char
    I aim to misbehave
  • zekethesinnerzekethesinner Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 805 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Zeb's tomorrow is taking a bit longer than usual one.;)

edited December 2014
    Zeb did what he said he'd do (he's definitely a legend!)

I gave Zeb a whole lot for him to pass on.

Still no response and i'm not sure there will be one.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited December 2014
    Unfortunately, there's nothing I can say in response that would give any insight. I'm sorry if I sounded like I would be able to reply here and discuss this the following day from my previous post. As I've forwarded things on, it's out of my hands to further discuss these issues with any of you. Anyone may feel free to PM Akromatik Directly with any concerns as well. Just be aware that they are very busy in the Office as of late and it's no guarantee he will or can respond. Akromatik does read all his messages though, as his time permits.

Safe travels,

PWE Community Moderator
  • vaulwynvaulwyn Member Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Zeb

I appreciate the attempt, this is all just very disheartening.
    GF - Sigh
  • sunriswlkrsunriswlkr Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    re7joice wrote: »
    the four set bonus of pvp profound armor still not working, wasted lots of time and glory to get the set and now it's not working.

I totally agree. I have been play a GF since beta and have been moaning with each change. It's not been for the better. When this first started I could keep my shield up while someone got my back and do some real damage. Like a real tank. Now the DPS has dropped so low and with shield mechanics so bad all this character is good for is buffing the team as critorisaurus said. I have rebuilt this character so many times to make it what it should be and always falling short.
  • kr3ndkr3nd Member Posts: 132 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2015
    You kidding me? Profound setbonus is not working??

Is this really a thing??
    I will be really really disappointed, even more than when i realised it was a waste of time to farm GG achivements for the shirt and pants, because they have the stats of a level 50 green.
  • xtremozxtremoz Member Posts: 300 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I agree theres some bugs, but some of the things i read here i dont agree with! I cant talk about PVP or PVP sets/bug cuz i dont like pvp so i dont do it, but as PVE i find the GF mod4 the most effective since open beta.

I played GF since day 1 open beta and never found it more fun than now (PVE), the only problem i find its low dps compared with other class specially when doing dailies alone, but on Dungeons its amazing, sure any party can run any dungeons without 1 specially with 2 or 3 15k+ cw.

I play conqueror build, and i tank, do decent dmg, iam always top healer only sw healer build can pass me, and most time iam 1st or 2nd in kills. so being 1st or 2nd in number of kill make the class feature that give HP per kill work but i dont even use it no need for it.

let me explain - how u get 1st or 2nd in kills, 1st the guy that gives more dmg to a add/mob its not who kills it, but the 1 that gives the final blow/dmg. 1st plague fire reduce defense, + xtra dmg based on wep dmg + over time burn that burn its on 90% the time that burn gives u the kill, if not deflect from defending gives u the kill, so KV + Block deflect + SoS its a tone of hit/dots = kills (tip SoS lasts a few sec, do little dmg like 800 when u hit, KV makes u hit target not hitting u but SoS have a double mechanism set it on and press the daily again and u throw the blades to every target around u doing like 2k dmg).

LS vs Regen - lots and lots of ppl say GF dont need LS (your dmg suck) so regen its better, i disagree LS its 5 times better why? Regene work like this every 3 sec u get x% of your missing HP. LS work everytime u do dmg u get x% HP.

exp: 40k HP 10% regen - u get to 20k HP so Regen will give 2k, 3 secs later less like 1.8k 3 sec later 1.5k, and sooo on so in 15sec i get like 5 procs lets round 2k each 2x5= 10k HP(15sec)

exp: 40k hp 10% LS - u get to 20k HP 1st sec ET 10 targets 2-3k dmg each = 30k dmg = 3k HP from LS, now i conqueror so i crit from last feat its 60k dmg = 6k HP but i have a boon that give me a chance of 3 Times HP from LS 6kx3= 18k HP full HP sec 1, 2nd sec shield up stab 2 - 3 targets 2k each 6k = 600 HP each stab + plague fire burn + block deflecting + dmg + LS. now u do all this 2 times at least durring those 15sec used to get 6k HP from reg.

perfect combo for me 10% reg and 10% LS.

lets talk about survive if the LS regen combos don keep u alive there Fighters recovery (Insane LS) ET 1 time HP full from like 20% + ET restores shield.
    Companions, read rhw buffs they give dont look just for pure status!

Rust Monster 25% chance to reduce the 5% dmg of atackker stacks 3 times so 15% less dmg to us (KV makes u even debuff what atack some-else).

Battlefield medic 6% incoming healing (more 6% HP from LS/Regen)
    Blacksmith (purple) 25% change o deflect 10% the dmg to attacker (so every 4 hit u take u deflect 10% + 15% from block) i call it free dmg = HP from LS.

Gear - Every 1 say IWD sets are just for PVP if u dont PVP its a waist and they suck...blal bla bla.

Purified Black ice set (wep and armor T3)
    HP = 5hp free (regen love it) + HP = more hits before die
    Regen = around 900 reg Amazing no need to worry with regen on rings and so
    Defense = 3100 or so (that like 40% DR)
    deflect = 1200 + or -

so just with this u have good defense, good HP, good Regen, good deflect (u have a shield use it its better than 30% deflect its 80% since just 20% pass shield)

now read 4/4 bonus on armor and 2/2 on wep off-hand (wow free HP/healing) - what does artifact wep/offhand give Oh more defense that we have cap where is regeneration and LS?

now since gear take care of defensive status we have ring/belt/neck + augment companion free for offensive status.

right now i have 20% crit base (last fear conq + 10%) 30% crit chance really good crit (hummm but u have to be hit 5 times, yes iam a tank even have a shield to block and it counts to set it on)

Arp = 20% not the cap 24% every 1 talks about who cares iam not main dps the other 4 are + mark targets get 20% auto - shield up o marked for ever + combat adv (use companions and normal artifacts and u do like 6-8% from combat adv nice.

i could continue but there's no need.

Final result - learn to player your char and like me u will do the 1st CN boss alone as GF.
    edited January 2015
    xtremoz wrote: »
    *snip*

I'm sure you're a good GF player and i'm equally sure your opinion and feedback will be appreciated.

This thread wasn't designed as a platform for players to provide a 'how to' for tanking however. Perhaps consider compiling your own GF build and guide in a separate thread instead?

I do have some concerns with the accuracy of what you wrote, yet i'll leave it to someone else in some other thread to discuss those with you.

Many thanks and take care!
    edited January 2015
    damnacious wrote: »
    I'm sure you're a good GF player and i'm equally sure your opinion and feedback will be appreciated.

This thread wasn't designed as a platform for players to provide a 'how to' for tanking however. Perhaps consider compiling your own GF build and guide in a separate thread instead?

I do have some concerns with the accuracy of what you wrote, yet i'll leave it to someone else in some other thread to discuss those with you.

Many thanks and take care!

ok seem like its not a how to but just to discuss whats wrong and right u said.

so, let see:

1. What do you like about the GF class?
    u have insane survivability, the shield can stay up long enough, comapre to old shield that was based on hit, so 5 hit in 1 sec puss bye bye shield, not anymore, good party buff, good party dmg mitigation (tanking even if u dont have the agroo).

2. What do you LEAST like about the GF class?
    Low dps, very low dps compare to almost every class if not all when doing dailies, specially since the base became a do this every day, go there kill x guys, dc 1-2 encounter all dead, cw 1 encounter all dead, tr 2-3 encounters or just 1 at-will and any add dead, GF even with dps build/tree takes long making what is borring cuz u have to do it everyday even.

3. In what direction do you want to see this class go?
    i would like to see the GF be a must have on dungeons, but we know thats not the case specially with 2 cw or 3ce can kill everything and keep it in a stun lock.
    to change this i dont see any class boost or nerf needed just a very simple change in party/queue system, i have defend this since day 1, u should not be able to queue for dungeons/pvp/skirmish with 2 chars of the same class, parties should be only able to enter dungeon/pvp/skirmish with 5 diferent classes, no more 5 cw farming and cleaning any dung, no more pvp against 5 stealth tr, this would make more ppl have to play different classes and would make it more strategic each fight an team/party playing more interactive.

P.s. tell me what u find not correct or what lacks in accuracy in what i wrote, the numbers are not 100% correct in set terms i was wroting and just rolling eyes on gateway over the gear numbers there.
    (pm in game if u need and we run some dungeons to test it - search for X-tremoz gf lv60).
  • nitron0vanitron0va Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    ok seem like its not a how to but just to discuss whats wrong and right u said.

so, let see:

1. What do you like about the GF class?
    u have insane survivability, the shield can stay up long enough, comapre to old shield that was based on hit, so 5 hit in 1 sec puss bye bye shield, not anymore, good party buff, good party dmg mitigation (tanking even if u dont have the agroo).

2. What do you LEAST like about the GF class?
    Low dps, very low dps compare to almost every class if not all when doing dailies, specially since the base became a do this every day, go there kill x guys, dc 1-2 encounter all dead, cw 1 encounter all dead, tr 2-3 encounters or just 1 at-will and any add dead, GF even with dps build/tree takes long making what is borring cuz u have to do it everyday even.

3. In what direction do you want to see this class go?
    i would like to see the GF be a must have on dungeons, but we know thats not the case specially with 2 cw or 3ce can kill everything and keep it in a stun lock.
    to change this i dont see any class boost or nerf needed just a very simple change in party/queue system, i have defend this since day 1, u should not be able to queue for dungeons/pvp/skirmish with 2 chars of the same class, parties should be only able to enter dungeon/pvp/skirmish with 5 diferent classes, no more 5 cw farming and cleaning any dung, no more pvp against 5 stealth tr, this would make more ppl have to play different classes and would make it more strategic each fight an team/party playing more interactive.

P.s. tell me what u find not correct or what lacks in accuracy in what i wrote, the numbers are not 100% correct in set terms i was wroting and just rolling eyes on gateway over the gear numbers there.
    (pm in game if u need and we run some dungeons to test it - search for X-tremoz gf lv60).

I like idea no. 3. No same class inside the dungeon. I hope the devs look into that.
  • schweifer1982schweifer1982 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,662 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Bug:
    Crushing Pin
    Your Control powers cause the target to take 2/4/6/8/10% bonus damage for 3 seconds.

Not work with GF Artifact offhand Guarded Assault: Guarded Assault now also lowers the Run Speed of the affected attacker by 5%.
    and Perfect frost enchantment . Both stuff count as Control power and both used by GF so it shoud work .

But it work with Heart of the White Dragon Artifact
    Use: Deals 2,608 Cold damage (+20% if you are Dragonborn) to up to 7 enemies in a cone in front of the user and slows those targets for 5.1 seconds.

Mybe somone care about this .
    GWF 3700Ilvl Éjsötét & ProPala 3200Ilvl Menydörgés (main) & Szürkefarkas 2600 ilvl
  • schweifer1982schweifer1982 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,662 Arc User
    edited January 2015

Final result - learn to player your char and like me u will do the 1st CN boss alone as GF.

AT GS?

Any way i can do all 4 alone but noone care about, ask y self why ?
    Time it take to kill it is important .If y figth the draco ower 1 hour ist funny.
    As CW i can do it in 30 min full run. With lower GS ofc.
    16k CW /TR /DC /GWF can do it too can y say 16 k GF can do it ? I dont think so.

I can also solo E.lol but it takes ages to kill 1 stack ranger freezing GWF duo .
    CW can kill those thing 6 time faster . And many ohter class can do it 6 time faster there is no i say agan no chalange in pve after 22-26 k GS al perfect stuff.
    GWF 3700Ilvl Éjsötét & ProPala 3200Ilvl Menydörgés (main) & Szürkefarkas 2600 ilvl
    edited January 2015
    AT GS?

Any way i can do all 4 alone but noone care about, ask y self why ?
    Time it take to kill it is important .If y figth the draco ower 1 hour ist funny.
    As CW i can do it in 30 min full run. With lower GS ofc.
    16k CW /TR /DC /GWF can do it too can y say 16 k GF can do it ? I dont think so.

I can also solo E.lol but it takes ages to kill 1 stack ranger freezing GWF duo .
    CW can kill those thing 6 time faster . And many ohter class can do it 6 time faster there is no i say agan no chalange in pve after 22-26 k GS al perfect stuff.

20k GS GF conqueror, and its a nice 5-10 min fight. ofc every other class can do it faster, every other class do 30-50k crits easy even on aoe skills gf do some 10-20k crits with most aoe full buffs and debuffs. specially cw with stun locks and the same skills that stun/freeze deling massive 30-50k hits.

and a 16k gs its nothing dont compare gf with other classes on GS terms, in case u dont know since changes on GF CON with HP increased from each 1 CON a gf get 16k gs easy make a GF and a CW buy a T2 set for each and compare.
    edited January 2015
    Well guys and gals.... it has now been over a month and a half since my first post informing you of the difficulties and situation i'd experienced as your Advocate and well over a month since both Zebular and I messaged Akromatik.

I wanted to keep you updated and let you know that there has still been no response. For all intents and purposes, I believe, you can assume these are dead in the water and will simply be swept under the carpet.

With the release of the Paladin as a new 'tank' class, I fear that our class will, like our attempt at resolving issues with our class, be dead in the water.

I'm sorry guys for this result. I really hoped 'someone' cared about our class and us as consumers.
  • sprawlfxsprawlfx Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Yeah well.. thanks for trying. But most of us knew this 'project' was nothing but smoke up the back alley when it started. It was nothing more than an attempt to cut down on forum clutter. A way for us to be ignored in bulk rather than on an individual level. They will do what they will do and I do not care.
  • ravenanravenan Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Steel defence is bugged again and dont work.
    Main : GF - Lord Kruk
    Steel and Magic
This discussion has been closed.