test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Crixus guardian fighter build (guide)

Comments

• overdriver13overdriver13 Member Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    ravenan wrote: »
    lvl 60-69 pvp shouldnt even be discused because of broken lvl scaling. At lvl 70 everyone is much more tanky and dmg is also reduced. No more oneshots, no more 24k hp ppl. So have fun till it lasts.

You are probably right, I just think most people are still 60-69 so it gets talked about a lot. As far as level scaling, I am noticing that my character is getting much stronger in pvp as he levels, not weaker as some people say. Level 70 is a big question mark to me personally because to be honest I am a little hesitant to invest much time or money on gear when (as we have seen with mod 6) that investment can be totally undone in the blink of an eye. Not to mention how quickly I am afraid this class will get nerfed now that it is viable.
  • crixus8000crixus8000 Member Posts: 1,205 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2015
    You are probably right, I just think most people are still 60-69 so it gets talked about a lot. As far as level scaling, I am noticing that my character is getting much stronger in pvp as he levels, not weaker as some people say. Level 70 is a big question mark to me personally because to be honest I am a little hesitant to invest much time or money on gear when (as we have seen with mod 6) that investment can be totally undone in the blink of an eye. Not to mention how quickly I am afraid this class will get nerfed now that it is viable.

Yeah many people arent 70 yet so it's still important untill everyone lvls up but I am the opposite and definatly noticing my char getting weaker as I lvl so im not looking froward to 70 haha.

And thats the reason I'm no longer doing pve. I dont want to farm all these items just to have new ones enter the game and then have my gear feel useless again. I don't care if I fall behined, it's better than grinding for months then realising it was all for nothing. I will have to stick with the 10k ad I make per day :)
    Crixus - PVP GF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2015
    crixus8000 wrote: »
    Yeah many people arent 70 yet so it's still important untill everyone lvls up but I am the opposite and definatly noticing my char getting weaker as I lvl so im not looking froward to 70 haha.

And thats the reason I'm no longer doing pve. I dont want to farm all these items just to have new ones enter the game and then have my gear feel useless again. I don't care if I fall behined, it's better than grinding for months then realising it was all for nothing. I will have to stick with the 10k ad I make per day :)

I had near bis gwf and hr at the end of mod 2 and after they got nerfed/changed I decided to never put that much time and money in gear again. If the game had some way of transferring certain pieces of gear and artifacts just maybe.

I ran into you a couple times in gg a day or so ago and you didn't seem at all weak to me lol. My experiment is the highest dps branch of the tankiest tree in the game. Hard to be a glass cannon iv unless one really tries to screw it up.

What I do not want to see is a reversion to the static reflect builds and the nerf that would definitely come with that.
    edited April 2015
    I had near bis gwf and hr at the end of mod 2 and after they got nerfed/changed I decided to never put that much time and money in gear again. If the game had some way of transferring certain pieces of gear and artifacts just maybe.

I ran into you a couple times in gg a day or so ago and you didn't seem at all weak to me lol. My experiment is the highest dps branch of the tankiest tree in the game. Hard to be a glass cannon iv unless one really tries to screw it up.

What I do not want to see is a reversion to the static reflect builds and the nerf that would definitely come with that.

I don't want to see them reflect builds back or any kind like it. But they won't be possible unless another item comes into the game like when the glyphs first came out.

And I personally think that SM and IV aren't that different, only a few skills to slightly change fighting style and options so it's really down to what people prefer. I know SM is meant to be dps and IV is meant to be Defence but it isn't like that for some reason. Sm has steel defence possible one of the gf's best survuval skills and IV has trample the fallen and that can add some high dmg :)
    Crixus - PVP GF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2015
    I don't want to see them reflect builds back or any kind like it. But they won't be possible unless another item comes into the game like when the glyphs first came out.

And I personally think that SM and IV aren't that different, only a few skills to slightly change fighting style and options so it's really down to what people prefer. I know SM is meant to be dps and IV is meant to be Defence but it isn't like that for some reason. Sm has steel defence possible one of the gf's best survuval skills and IV has trample the fallen and that can add some high dmg :)

T.Bloodtheft. Some people are going nuts about reflect builds built around this. I think it is in there interest of the gf and gwf community to make sure it is mentioned that it is a bugged enchant issue and not a build or class issue.
    edited April 2015
    T.Bloodtheft. Some people are going nuts about reflect builds built around this. I think it is in there interest of the gf and gwf community to make sure it is mentioned that it is a bugged enchant issue and not a build or class issue.

I have seen people complain about it but have had the luck of not seeing it in game yet. And yeah I hope everyone understands it's the item and the the class because with them dragon glyphs it was so annoying that the gf got nerfed when it had nothing to do with us.
    Crixus - PVP GF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • daalydaaly Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I have seen people complain about it but have had the luck of not seeing it in game yet. And yeah I hope everyone understands it's the item and the the class because with them dragon glyphs it was so annoying that the gf got nerfed when it had nothing to do with us.

Kinda reminds me of the reflect build and the dragon glyphs issue....they over nerfed reflect build and then some time later got around to "addressing" the dragon glyphs...players cried about the build when it the never the primary issue it was the hastily rushed in and untested glyphs...the reality is players will intentionally push for a class nerf instead of an item reassessment if it helps them maintain leaderboard status which is a sad statement on the community.
  • promytheus1990promytheus1990 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    hey m8s i am new in the game and i want to start a guardian fighter, cause seems like a great class with high survivability potential in general! thnx for this guide m8 :D gonna follow the pvp set as well and hope to become as great as the most of u in game :D! Thnx again m8 :)
    edited April 2015
    hey m8s i am new in the game and i want to start a guardian fighter, cause seems like a great class with high survivability potential in general! thnx for this guide m8 :D gonna follow the pvp set as well and hope to become as great as the most of u in game :D! Thnx again m8 :)
  • hasta69hasta69 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited April 2015

Are you 70 yet and if so any changes on the build at 70?
    edited April 2015
    oh Any reason for not using flourish?
    edited April 2015
    double post
  • shahafnoyshahafnoy Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Hey Guys Just wanted to come on and post my new stats and the build I have, It's not much different but it seems to be working very well atm even against other gf's who way outgear me.

Here are my stats(while flagged for pvp). And i cant get seals of triumph so i cant get the new pvp set or my hp would be over 100k and my stats would be much hgiher....thanks for not rewarding them anymore lol

dTDSi0t.png

Power setup. It's the same, still seems to work best for me anyway.
    SVUighg.png

And here is feats. I am still only lvl 60 and probably wont ever get to 70 lol but they are working well.
    7UY1zHH.png

Can you post the feats for M6 again? I can't see the pic.
    Arohan - 3k CW
    Arohan-DC - 3k DC
    Che Guevara - 3.6k OP tank
    Hodor - 2.6k GWF
    edited April 2015
    hey m8 can u plz upload the skills u have in ur tree? and the rest of the stuff we might need? i like the idea of a dps/tank :)! much appreciated if u do :D!
  • ravenanravenan Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    My feats:
    2ytqhpx.png
    Main : GF - Lord Kruk
    Steel and Magic
    edited April 2015
    hey m8 can u plz upload the skills u have in ur tree? and the rest of the stuff we might need? i like the idea of a dps/tank :)! much appreciated if u do :D!

I'm still testing a few things and am liking the direction it's going in pvp but unfortunatly atm I can't put power points on due to the bug so I will have to wait for a fix untill I can finish off testing stuff.

Hopefully they will fix it soon :)
    Crixus - PVP GF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2015
    ok thnx for ur time m8 :D if u are ready to post plz do :D hope to see ur tree asap :D
  • grimahgrimah Member Posts: 1,658 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    i recently came back and thought i switched to swordmaster, but im just not feeling it. Though i do like the buff to weaponmaster strike (for pve) i feel very sluggish in pvp, without having that gap closer and range stun.

Been playing around with flourish which is okay but the animation is so slow people seem to get out of my range before the animation ends, what are the reasons why being a sword master is so popular in pvp? Is it just for steel defense? Any tips would be welcome.
    Creator of the featured survival horror foundry: "The Silence of Haydenwick" Video Review
    and also the featured satirical comedic adventure "A Call for Heroes".
    edited April 2015
    grimah wrote: »
    i recently came back and thought i switched to swordmaster, but im just not feeling it. Though i do like the buff to weaponmaster strike (for pve) i feel very sluggish in pvp, without having that gap closer and range stun.

Been playing around with flourish which is okay but the animation is so slow people seem to get out of my range before the animation ends, what are the reasons why being a sword master is so popular in pvp? Is it just for steel defense? Any tips would be welcome.

Well people think there is a huge difference between swordmaster and iron vanguard and there isn't. They both have good dps and defensive abilites but just aquire it by different powers.

I choose swordmaster and will probably always stay swordmaster becuse in pvp, crescendo is amazing, it is a gap closing daily that stun locks enemies and does good dmg. I don't use flourish so I don't care about that but neither would I use frontline surge if I was IV.

Flourish is better than frontline surge for pvp though. And great in 1v1s.

I also like swordmster because of steel defensive in pve, I never use it in pvp but it can keep you alive so well in dungeons when mixed with fighters recovery and it's 100x better thn ferocious reaction for defensive purposes since FR isn't that good in pve when mobs can 1 shot you and fighters recovery gains all your hp back in 1 hit anyway.

I also don't use weapon master strike, it's terrible so really I use swordmaster for crescendo and steel defense only.

Iron vanguards daily is good but not as good as crescendo and frontline is bad for pvp and not that great in pve like dungeon runs since there is better powers to slot. Iron vanguard does have threatning rush sure but it still isn't that great. We alredy have bull charge for gap closes and luning strike and with swordmaster you could also use crescendo to close the gap too.
    Crixus - PVP GF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2015
    hasta69 wrote: »
    oh Any reason for not using flourish?

Sorry for late reply.

Flourish is good for pvp sure but there is just better powers to slot I think. I use it mainly in 1v1 situations. In this mod so far I always have anvil of doom and bull charge slotted 100% of the time, and I usually use lunging strike for pvp games where I need to get around quick or fight ranged classes.
    Crixus - PVP GF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ryoshinetteryoshinette Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    In my humble opinion (finally I did it) in pvp other path than conqueror is useless. As a defender, full deflect build/briart and high regen was able to play efficiently. Now it's not with no regen. Kill or be killed.

I'm sharing my builds playstyle and some "knowledge" with all on my yt channel. It would be nice to see experienced pvp player on conq path. Build (skills/feats) are quite obvious to choose (small differences between build I've seen) but boons and gear (I'm not talkin about showing off) combination, can make huge difference. I'm not prepared in this module to learn anybody anything, but wonder your suggestions.

Regards
    Leti
    Ryoshin GF (4.2k)
    .Suicide Squad.

edited April 2015
    I prefer flurish in domination (with bull charge and anvil). With pin down, aditional sec of stun and +5% crit chance is superb. But in gg i change it to lunging strike. Its so much safer to use it in bigger fights and it gives 50% dr for 3 sec after and mobility ofc. In gg steel defence is also an option (usualy shield talent + guarded assault) . I usualy attack their node (1) at start and take them 1 vs 5. Trolling there till back up. With fighter recovery its preaty easy to stay alive for long in such a fight.
    Steel and Magic
    edited April 2015
    I prefer flurish in domination (with bull charge and anvil). With pin down, aditional sec of stun and +5% crit chance is superb. But in gg i change it to lunging strike. Its so much safer to use it in bigger fights and it gives 50% dr for 3 sec after and mobility ofc. In gg steel defence is also an option (usualy shield talent + guarded assault) . I usualy attack their node (1) at start and take them 1 vs 5. Trolling there till back up. With fighter recovery its preaty easy to stay alive for long in such a fight.

Thats what I like about gf atm, the fact that there is many different ways to play even as the same path :)

I use lunge for the sme reason, and to catch rogues running away or ranged classes. But unstead of steel defence for survivbility I stack stamina regen and guard duration and fulld mg. somtimes I get surrounded by 5+ players ona node and have to keep an eye on them, when I notice most have wasted there strongest CC I use tide of iron quickly to gain guard back, and anytime they get close I go to kill the weakest untill most of them are dead. It's very surprising to see how many people fall for it and not just go and cc me in the back lol.
    Crixus - PVP GF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2015
    In my humble opinion (finally I did it) in pvp other path than conqueror is useless. As a defender, full deflect build/briart and high regen was able to play efficiently. Now it's not with no regen. Kill or be killed.

I'm sharing my builds playstyle and some "knowledge" with all on my yt channel. It would be nice to see experienced pvp player on conq path. Build (skills/feats) are quite obvious to choose (small differences between build I've seen) but boons and gear (I'm not talkin about showing off) combination, can make huge difference. I'm not prepared in this module to learn anybody anything, but wonder your suggestions.

Regards
    Leti

I have seen some good tacts and prot gf's but I still prefer conq and will probably never change.

I am still waiting for the power point but to be fixed though it's stopping me from really playing atm since I can't use the powers I want :/

My gear isn't actually that good though, I would say it's even quite low atm. I have rank 7 enchants radient on defence slots(will change to dark for lifesteal though) another issue with not having enough ad. And in offence slots I mix power and arm pen.

My main hand arti wep is blue and off hand green both elemental fire weps. I have stamina gain on tide of iron on sword and extra stamina from shield talent on my shield so I can hold guard up a lot and this means very tanky without having to put lots into defensive stats and that allows me to put more on offence. This is also great for 1v1s.

Working on burning set since I wasted all my seals in mod 5, man I must have had so many but used them all up for some small ad lol

And currently using a green greater str belt but I would like to try lostmouth set but again too costly atm. My enchants are vorpal and soulforge although I will change soulforge for either a high ranked elven battle or negation when I can.
    Crixus - PVP GF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2015
    The same with weap set (purple both). and for stat on offhand i got control resist and got lacky with 397 :). Halfling with 900 cr + full burning with pvp rings. Mesing cc rotations. I dont think I need more stamina regen, its already more than 20 sec and you mentioned tide of iron. And if you go with elven battle its 30% stamina regen alone.

Testing holy anvenger now. Healing from it is noticable and i feal tanky even with my old sf.
    Steel and Magic
    edited April 2015
    The same with weap set (purple both). and for stat on offhand i got control resist and got lacky with 397 :). Halfling with 900 cr + full burning with pvp rings. Mesing cc rotations. I dont think I need more stamina regen, its already more than 20 sec and you mentioned tide of iron. And if you go with elven battle its 30% stamina regen alone.

Testing holy anvenger now. Healing from it is noticable and i feal tanky even with my old sf.

Ah i thought that holy was only for allies hehe you see sometimes it's confusing for new players.

I am currently saving for negation enchantment but what i was wondering is thunderhead a good newbie alternative?

Hasta
    edited April 2015
    I would like to test this too. Its sounds not so good, if u get crited it stuns for short duration in a wide area, in adtition theres an seperate cooldown for some minor reflect dmg on normal hit (on T lvl). But... I fought in mod 5 with GWF with PTH and i noticed it working and it messed my rotations. If you feal tanky already it could be pretty neet asset.
    Steel and Magic
    edited April 2015
    i would like to make a **** question cause i am new in game! if i distribute my skill points and then change my mind, can i get them back and distribute them in other skills? or if i lock them in then i have to play with them?
  • odd111outodd111out Member Posts: 173 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    i would like to make a **** question cause i am new in game! if i distribute my skill points and then change my mind, can i get them back and distribute them in other skills? or if i lock them in then i have to play with them?

You can partially respect Feats and Boons with AD, there is a button at the bottom of your screen on the Feat page for that. Or you can buy a respect token from the Zen market. If you don't want to spend $ for the Zen, use the Astral Diamond Exchange. It's still 500 AD per Zen and takes about a week to change over.
    edited April 2015
    250k ad usaly
    Steel and Magic