test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Crixus guardian fighter build (guide)

Comments

• lordshitpostlordshitpost Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    crixus8000 wrote: »
    You are wrong. Lifesteal is good yes but since most gf use KV and ITF 99% of the time then lifesteal is only really coming from powers like ET so lifesteal is not that great unless you are dps pve gf but then you wont be wanted in dungeons that much.

I use ravenskul because i like it not because i "need" it. And Yes hp is very good and always needed/ wanted because it keeps the gf alive and lasting long so they can continue to support the team. The gf takes most aggro and dmg so having low hp means 1 hit killed, my build can take a lot.

Sorry for replying that late.

You are right that GFs do use KV, ET and ITF these days. However you forgot two things.
    First LL from Villiance Menace counts, so do at will hits. VM is up almost all the time, so you guarantee many hits for both sources.

Second thing you oversaw: Numbers.
    ET does hit up to 20 targets for 7k on average each! One single ET on a big mob group and you are from near death to full.
    I don't get your point being "not wanted as DPS GF PvE". It's the way to go. A GF who uses his at wills and encounters while still providing KV and buffs is superior to a "turtle tank". He does everything the deff tank does and more.
    This is a dps build.....but just tanky too. If you want just pve then swap purified ice set for corrupted or timeless hero set for just dps and then change regen for lifesteal and there you go :)

You surely believe that. However you are neither dps nor PvE!

These sets you are suggesting are a waste of inventory slot and I understand why you are telling others to use them. You haven't tested any of the sets, because you wear your PvP stuff. Timeless hero is useless for the group and the corrupted set is one of the worst.

A PvE GF should wear a set, which allows him to get his softcaps while providing most value for the group. The only sets that do so are

Draconic Set
    High General
    Knights Captain.

Switching Reg for LL is hardly possible. GF needs some Reg in PvE regardless and all his Reg comes from artifacts and maybe a neck.
  • crixus8000crixus8000 Member Posts: 1,205 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    lewel555 wrote: »
    Why so? you're afraid of the 5% damage reduction given by Unstoppable ?

Well because its more than 5% and they are cc immune, meaning you can't prone them, and that meaning they can debuff duration on stuns and can get there attacks on you easier plus that also meaning your rotation might not be enough to kill them.
    Crixus - PVP GF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2014
    Sorry for replying that late.

You are right that GFs do use KV, ET and ITF these days. However you forgot two things.
    First LL from Villiance Menace counts, so do at will hits. VM is up almost all the time, so you guarantee many hits for both sources.

Second thing you oversaw: Numbers.
    ET does hit up to 20 targets for 7k on average each! One single ET on a big mob group and you are from near death to full.
    I don't get your point being "not wanted as DPS GF PvE". It's the way to go. A GF who uses his at wills and encounters while still providing KV and buffs is superior to a "turtle tank". He does everything the deff tank does and more.

You surely believe that. However you are neither dps nor PvE!

These sets you are suggesting are a waste of inventory slot and I understand why you are telling others to use them. You haven't tested any of the sets, because you wear your PvP stuff. Timeless hero is useless for the group and the corrupted set is one of the worst.

A PvE GF should wear a set, which allows him to get his softcaps while providing most value for the group. The only sets that do so are

Draconic Set
    High General
    Knights Captain.

Switching Reg for LL is hardly possible. GF needs some Reg in PvE regardless and all his Reg comes from artifacts and maybe a neck.

Yes sorry high general and knight captain are good sets for pve, I forgot to mention them but added them in my reply. I haven't tested much with draconic yet. But First as you can see on my rotations i clearly use ET and the powers a gf should use and i have never said anywhere i am based on just dps or a pve build. I MAINLY do pvp and i was saying its also a good build for pve too because it is, i can do high dps and tank anything.

Anyway this is my build, not a place for you to argue your opinions as you just keep saying I'm wrong and making false accusations.
    Crixus - PVP GF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2014
    lnsolvee wrote: »
    Dayum that was a fast answer, thank you mate. I'm switching to dragonborn probably today (I didn't want halfing because they are small) and dragonborn is near the same so. I might base myself a bit on your build and see how it goes :)

Nice man. dragonborn give great stats anyway :D
    Crixus - PVP GF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • letojarred1letojarred1 Member Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    is this build still viable?
    I have a human gf lvl16 atm but I'm following your guide.
    I'm short 2con at lvl 60 with human
    is that bad?
    StrawberryCheesecake TR
    BlackberryCheesecake CW
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    CheeseCake House :o
    edited October 2014
    is this build still viable?
    I have a human gf lvl16 atm but I'm following your guide.
    I'm short 2con at lvl 60 with human
    is that bad?

Yes it still works great. The recent nerfs didn't really affect me at all. KV is still used in dungeons all the time and i never uses supremacy of steel in pvp or pve anyway.

As for CON, it is the best stat to max out i think, the AP gain is amazing for pve and pve and the hp is the same. Also Human shouldn't be short 2 con, you can put 2 points on anything you want so you would have 26 con at 60 but not my 21 DEX, instead it would be 19 dex. I don't think it really makes a huge difference though bro, what will your CON, DEX and STR be when your 60 ? :)
    Crixus - PVP GF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • pilipino93pilipino93 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Love reading your guides and your insight for GF crix. Will def have to try this out when I move back to my GF. Quick question, what is your head transmute? Seen a few people with it but keep forgetting to inspect them :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2014
    pilipino93 wrote: »
    Love reading your guides and your insight for GF crix. Will def have to try this out when I move back to my GF. Quick question, what is your head transmute? Seen a few people with it but keep forgetting to inspect them :)

Thank you for your comment :)

And the head transmute is the grand regen drake helm from the seal vendor. I think there might be a cheap one on AH but I have never found it.
    Crixus - PVP GF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2014
    Yes it still works great. The recent nerfs didn't really affect me at all. KV is still used in dungeons all the time and i never uses supremacy of steel in pvp or pve anyway.

As for CON, it is the best stat to max out i think, the AP gain is amazing for pve and pve and the hp is the same. Also Human shouldn't be short 2 con, you can put 2 points on anything you want so you would have 26 con at 60 but not my 21 DEX, instead it would be 19 dex. I don't think it really makes a huge difference though bro, what will your CON, DEX and STR be when your 60 ? :)

21 dex
    24 con
    and the rest same as yours.
    Maybe I should have just rolled a halfling :eek: but I leveled an orange dc art already :( I think I'll reroll when I hit 60.
    leveling is slow with a GF but its methodically fun.
    StrawberryCheesecake TR
    BlackberryCheesecake CW
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2014
    21 dex
    24 con
    and the rest same as yours.
    Maybe I should have just rolled a halfling :eek: but I leveled an orange dc art already :( I think I'll reroll when I hit 60.
    leveling is slow with a GF but its methodically fun.

Your doing good, you don't really need the 2 CON, It helps but I wouldn't say its a must have. Also I only chose halfling since I prefer pvp and they have the best race options for pvp in my opinion. And congradz on the arti, I wish I had the Rp to get that one up high, it's great :D
    Crixus - PVP GF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2014
    Your doing good, you don't really need the 2 CON, It helps but I wouldn't say its a must have. Also I only chose halfling since I prefer pvp and they have the best race options for pvp in my opinion. And congradz on the arti, I wish I had the Rp to get that one up high, it's great :D
    the build is good i'm 45 so far, I feel guilty when I pvp my crit chance is only 10% but when my lunge crit it takes half of their hp :eek:
    StrawberryCheesecake TR
    BlackberryCheesecake CW
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2014
    the build is good i'm 45 so far, I feel guilty when I pvp my crit chance is only 10% but when my lunge crit it takes half of their hp :eek:

hahaha nice :D

And with conq capstone you will get more crit in fights ^^
    Crixus - PVP GF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • pilipino93pilipino93 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Thank you for your comment :)

And the head transmute is the grand regen drake helm from the seal vendor. I think there might be a cheap one on AH but I have never found it.
    Wait I can just buy it from the vendor with seals?! Zomg, I think I got like some 200-300 seals each, I'm bout to hop on that! haha tyty :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • floflyoufloflyou Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    hello crixus why you do not use a belt constitution? and rings of his great healing you in a bad choice? for more life. I will try to guide
    edited October 2014
    floflyou wrote: »
    hello crixus why you do not use a belt constitution? and rings of his great healing you in a bad choice? for more life. I will try to guide

Because I don't pay money bro or do lots of grinding since I find it boring so I will never have an artifact belt or legendary artifacts. If I could get a belt though it would either be the CON or STR, the STR belt could give very high dps :)
    Crixus - PVP GF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2014
    I hesitate between STR and CON I have a preference for the CON. you would have chosen the STR​​? I wanted to ask you also, the banner of the front guard would not be better for life? in place of the skull crow?
    edited October 2014
    I hesitate between STR and CON I have a preference for the CON. you would have chosen the STR​​? I wanted to ask you also, the banner of the front guard would not be better for life? in place of the skull crow?

I would like to test between the 2 belts but CON would be the clear way to go for pve I think but for pvp either could be good. Of course if I chose the STR belt I would also respec and swap DEX points for STR too. But yes I am leaning more towards STR for pvp purposes, I have no idea how it would be though since I haven't got one but i would probably chose that, swap dex for STR and go a little more dps.

As for the raven skull I chose it because it's like a second life, it's not always needed since most content is easy but like the new skirmish for instance, the ads can hit up to 130k I have seen the most. You can go through without dying easy but if you add KV and a bad team in the mix then having this artifact can save your life. But out of all the artifacts I would probably say DC arti is the best in the game atm IMO.
    Crixus - PVP GF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2014
    ok and what you think of enchantement tenebrous?
    edited October 2014
    for GF the tenebrous is cheat no?
    edited October 2014
    ok and what you think of enchantement tenebrous?

I tried them once and I did some good dmg but I didn't like relying on them to do high dps, I much prefer having a high base dmg because once your in a fight and you get low hp then your dmg becomes very bad.
    Crixus - PVP GF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lnsolveelnsolvee Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 60
    edited October 2014
    I tried them once and I did some good dmg but I didn't like relying on them to do high dps, I much prefer having a high base dmg because once your in a fight and you get low hp then your dmg becomes very bad.

Crixusss, where are you these days? I want to chill with you lol
    I am Elros the Guardian Fighter.
    edited October 2014
    lnsolvee wrote: »
    Crixusss, where are you these days? I want to chill with you lol

I am usually on test server late bro just messing around in 1v1s and stuff. Haven't been on normal at all since it will be too much grinding now :(
    Crixus - PVP GF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • runonnikerunonnike Member Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Hey bro. Would you mind testing a few things out on live with me?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2014
    runonnike wrote: »
    Hey bro. Would you mind testing a few things out on live with me?

Sure i will be on tomorrow on test but i could jump on live for a while if you want :)
    Crixus - PVP GF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • azasulazasul Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    yes is great but where you get the gear i have no seen any good gear in the game and with the xtreme lag omg they dont sale any gear i loock in the oction dint find any
    edited October 2014
    azasul wrote: »
    yes is great but where you get the gear i have no seen any good gear in the game and with the xtreme lag omg they dont sale any gear i loock in the oction dint find any

The best gear usually isn't in auction house bro. The black ice sets is in icewind dale. You can purchase the shield, boots, chest and head from a vendor for black ice but you need to farm the sword from heroic encounters in dwarven valley and the shield from heroic encounters in icewind.

The draconic set is good for pve too, farm it in the new dragon places like the skirmish and dungeon but some parts can also be purchased in AH.
    Crixus - PVP GF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • runonnikerunonnike Member Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Sure i will be on tomorrow on test but i could jump on live for a while if you want :)

I mailed you in game. Don't know if you got it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • helimechkshelimechks Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Thanks for the look at your build!!!!

I just started playing NW, and I am building a GF. I don't get to play more than once or twice a week for a few hours so it is slow going. I do have some questions if you don't mind me asking them here since they won't let me start a new thread.

1. The name Guardian Fighter implied to me Tank, but it seems like everyone is talking about DPS or Buff builds...is tanking the primary purpose of this class?

2. Are there build that will let you play effectively solo as well as in a group (I played WoW for a bit at the behest of friends who wanted a tank. I was good for the group but useless if I wanted to play alone.)

Thank you again for the look at your build, and for letting a **** ask silly questions on this thread.
    edited November 2014
    helimechks wrote: »
    Thanks for the look at your build!!!!

I just started playing NW, and I am building a GF. I don't get to play more than once or twice a week for a few hours so it is slow going. I do have some questions if you don't mind me asking them here since they won't let me start a new thread.

1. The name Guardian Fighter implied to me Tank, but it seems like everyone is talking about DPS or Buff builds...is tanking the primary purpose of this class?

2. Are there build that will let you play effectively solo as well as in a group (I played WoW for a bit at the behest of friends who wanted a tank. I was good for the group but useless if I wanted to play alone.)

Thank you again for the look at your build, and for letting a **** ask silly questions on this thread.

Ask as many questions as you like :)

And as for the guardian fighter being a "tank" I guess we are in a lot of ways, we can get very good survivability but the class is more of a leader role. We have many abilities to gain the aggro and make all the enemies attack us but atm the main role of the class is being a team buff, we have abilities like knights valor and into the frey that allow us to take some of our teams dmg and buff there dmg by a decent amount. Some don't like this style (me included) but that is the gf style atm but things could change in mod 5 with the new content who knows.

Also my build is a solo build. Most group play will go for more defense and use pve armor like draconic to buff the team even more but i like being a good balance of everything since I play pvp and pve. This isn't the best tank or dps but it does excel at pvp and is very good for solo play also works good for high end pve.

But as i said this is mainly a pvp/solo build. If you are just pve then a build based on more defensive gameplay and pve armor would be best.
    Crixus - PVP GF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • drizztfohldrizztfohl Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    What are your ToD boons?