test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Shores of Tuern chest

Comments

• johnperqjohnperq Member Posts: 77
    edited September 2014
    kattefjaes wrote: »
    So how is that "exactly the same", out of interest?
    kattefjaes wrote: »
    like when the DD chests only ever game the same loot over several weeks.
    johnperq wrote: »
    I got EXACTLY the same loot over and over, over minimum 60 runs.

Exactly the same loot over and over.
    Pretty simular if you ask me.
    Oswald <Semper Fidelis> - http://semper-fidelis.guildlaunch.com
  • kaedennnkaedennn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 361 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    same thing , i don't get any good ecxept base loot , and now it's the dungeon chest for me ,
    i did the epic version like 5 times so far this day and i didn't get any glyphs, wich i thought are the base loot for the epic Lol !
  • mmm1001mmm1001 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 497 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    It is obvious - There is nothing random in this game - all "randomness" is controlled, and because of this sometimes you get hit by bugs.
  • ucanthandleucanthandle Member Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Yeah, over 100+ runs with the same exact loot is not random at all. Chest is bugged for some people. I tried on both difficulties and always get base loot after getting several epics the first day I had it unlocked. Nothing since. It would be nice if devs stepped in and atleast acknowledged that they knew this bug existed.
  • dragoness10dragoness10 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 780 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Don't Farm.

Fast
    Angry
    Retry of
    Multiples

I get more stuff when I don't farm. I just do it casually.
    " I tried to figure out the enigma that was you, and then I realized mastering Wild Magic was easier." - Old Wizard in Waterdeep

"Why is it dragons only use ketchup? I'd like a little wasabi please. Us silvers like a variety of condiments."

"Don't call them foolish mortals. One, they don't learn from it. Two, It just ticks them off." - An Ancient Red Dragon
  • ucanthandleucanthandle Member Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Don't Farm.

Fast
    Angry
    Retry of
    Multiples

I get more stuff when I don't farm. I just do it casually.

Except the only thing that made me keep track is the fact I was doing it for fun with some guildies doing multiple runs. After an entire skirmish hour and a little longer everyone was talking about how many of what things they got. Thats when I realized that I did not get anything and have not since even though I continue to run with people for fun.
  • c1k4ml3kc3c1k4ml3kc3 Member Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Just verified on all my characters the two chest always drop 66 in coin, one enchantment, one scroll. Every time for quite awhile, although originally it was not this case.

In the first 5 runs I had different loot and even one Dragon Gem. After that each run had the same loot, over and over again.
    True Neutral
    Left the Game due to heavy Damage Control & Missing Spanish Language
  • gogu79gogu79 Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    y chest drop is rare but why normal chest drop 80% and chest with key drop 20% ?
    me get much more items in normal chest gem , epic items why to sped resurse on campain to make key if is useless
    Dragons? On MY Way !!
  • petestarkspetestarks Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Another 20 runs and every one of them in both chests where the same junk enchantment/scroll. I have not hit my 100 runs yet, but I am logging everything to get some insight.

I also came across this:
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?758791-lair-of-lostmuath-arcane-chest-bugged&p=9023101&viewfull=1#post9023101

It does not say anything about the skirmish, but it is possible there is something funky going on with that chest too. At the end of the day I am glad there is the AH because if this "random" loot was the only chance you had... yea :(

For the TLDR crowd just grind for AD somewhere else and buy what you want instead of wasting your time on these places.
  • lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I have been running the skirmish for the past week, roughly 4 hours each day on first epic and then normal, and I have received the same rubbish enchantment, scroll, money combo every time bar about on 10 occasions, where I got either the T1 bow, Infernal Hood or lesser glyph. Not. one. Bloody. Dragon. Gem. Or. Artifact/Belt. Then a friend of mine steps into the skirmish for the first time and gets the gem... the RNG in this game sucks donkey balls!
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • rgladiatorgladiato Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Yep, the RNG is nasty. I play the normal skirmish I'd say an average of 2-4 times a day. Most runs I get the standard junk. Some runs have the Infernal Hood, lesser glyph, or weapon. I have not seen a belt drop but I have gotten 3 dragon gems and one of the boon books. Some guild members have had even more dragon gems and some haven't seen any.
    Nixon the TR
    Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.
    o1iHDN0.png?1
  • petestarkspetestarks Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I should unlock the skirmish with my ranger today or tomorrow. I'm very interested to see what sort of loot I pull on a different character under my same account. I will bet money that this 2nd character will get better results, but we will have to wait and see. I'll post my findings, so do not form an angry mob just yet folks.
    edited September 2014
    I keep running maybe 5 sot's each day.
    1 week after my last post I have not had any variance in loot at all.
    Always the same rank4 plus scroll plus silver.
    Always exactly the same.
    I do get rad during the event though.
  • djoffer1djoffer1 Member Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Same problem here, the first few times i ran this, i got a few different purple(<font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> items but still..), and now today i just ran 20-25 runs and got the excact same loot in both chests.. 66 silver, a R5 and a greater identify scroll.
  • eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Yeah, over 100+ runs with the same exact loot is not random at all. Chest is bugged for some people. I tried on both difficulties and always get base loot after getting several epics the first day I had it unlocked. Nothing since. It would be nice if devs stepped in and atleast acknowledged that they knew this bug existed.

The odds are probably down in the 1 in 200 (.5%) or even 1 in 500 (.2%) range. So having "bad luck" for even hundreds of runs is probably expected and working-as-intended. If you hit the exact same loot in 2,000 runs -- then I'd start getting suspicious.
  • innuend01innuend01 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    eldarth wrote: »
    If you hit the exact same loot in 2,000 runs -- then I'd start getting suspicious.

Me too...if I ever run 2000+ skirmishes for r4-5 enchants and id scrolls,I would start suspecting I`m in dire need of professional help.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited September 2014
    Thanks for the reports. We'll get this looked into!
    edited September 2014
    zebular wrote: »
    Thanks for the reports. We'll get this looked into!

Thx alot!
    Can't wait to get my final boons :)

Following thread on same bug may be merged?
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?755561-Possible-loot-bug-in-Shores-of-Tuern-epic-skirmish/page3
  • nithaliknithalik Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Im curious if anyone else is having a similar experience.

For the last 4 days or so Ive done around 30 runs of eSoT and about 30 runs of normal SoT and I ahve gotten nothing except the scrolls/enchant/money from both chests. I was getting at least some sort of item every few runs before but now I cant seem to get anything. Am I just having some of the worst RNG ever or are other people having this same issue?
  • almondumalmondum Member Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Hello,

I am getting something even worse.
    Imagine you wasted your campaign resources or ZEN on those special keys....you go inside and you see a Dragon Gem/Artifact drop inside the option chest....
    "Horaaay"...you loot it, waste the key...and realize that you have another item and that you have been tricked/fooled/prancked/etc...

This bug is getting old, and has not been fixed yet.....
  • nithaliknithalik Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Ya I know about the bug, but im more curious if other people are not even seeing any loot come up at all. Just getting nothing but the enchant and a scroll. Im wondering if the RNG is that horrible or if my character is bugged.
  • blacksladdiblacksladdi Member Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    i get different things in the chest, sometimes i just get the standard enchant. Today i got a Main hand, gem and nothing special.
  • rghbrghbjrghbrghbj Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Same here, 60 something gold,R4 and scroll. I quit running after the weekend. Not gonna bang my head against that wall again for some time.

Just wondering, with the bug, if we take the stuff from the optional chest if that scroll might just turn into something better.
  • ianthewizard2012ianthewizard2012 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,142 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    At my second time running the skirmish, the boss dropped a Belt of Wisdom. However, another party member said she had ran the skirmish like 500 times and that was her first time saw an artifact belt dropped from the boss.

Btw, the regular chest can give draconic equipments (BTC).
  • asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    For some reason I got good loot, when I joined a existing party for the bossfight. Either dumb luck or a bug, bc. in one of my runs, after 5 tries we got a DC for a member who left and he posted a dragon gem after the fight. Good reward for a 5 min bossfight. Same happened to me after 100+ runs with crappy loot.
    Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
  • grantjbgrantjb Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    nithalik wrote: »
    Ya I know about the bug, but im more curious if other people are not even seeing any loot come up at all. Just getting nothing but the enchant and a scroll. Im wondering if the RNG is that horrible or if my character is bugged.

I have such bad rolls I did 100 runs of Tower of Celadaine and got nothing of value, my wife runs it once with me and gets the blink dog.

I have run 140 ESoT and have gotten the base look each time, and have not seen a single epic drop from the boss.
    I just finished another 140 runs of Sot and have basically the same drop each time. I have during this time opened the second chest 14 in each of the 2 Skirmishes and I did not get anything different from the primary chest.

I think there is an issue here is so many players are having the same issue.
  • dyesleedyeslee Member Posts: 307 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    1 week of 5 hour session of normal / Epic Shores, avg. 10-20 per day now and still have yet to receive anything besides the usual Rank 4/5 enchant, scroll of identifications, and 66 coin.. I have mass collected over 100 rank 4's and 50 Rank 5 enchant stones.. nothing else of value.. I'm getting to point of giving up on trying to get my 4th boon item..
    5790248SLdyC.png
  • schweifer1982schweifer1982 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,662 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    nithalik wrote: »
    Im curious if anyone else is having a similar experience.

For the last 4 days or so Ive done around 30 runs of eSoT and about 30 runs of normal SoT and I ahve gotten nothing except the scrolls/enchant/money from both chests. I was getting at least some sort of item every few runs before but now I cant seem to get anything. Am I just having some of the worst RNG ever or are other people having this same issue?

You have this 66 silver rank 5 and 1 ID scroll.
    I call it the 666 curse. 66(5+1)=6
    GWF 3700Ilvl Éjsötét & ProPala 3200Ilvl Menydörgés (main) & Szürkefarkas 2600 ilvl
  • schweifer1982schweifer1982 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,662 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Well i have problems with zen key too why shoud i use it when it dropp literaly nothing . After near 800 runs.
    If the zen keys offer more chance mybe i will buy more keys got it?
    But i am currently sittin on 6keys and day after day i dont use even 1 of them cuz E.lol& E.Sot not worth the time .
    I will be happy if i get some bound belt or artifact but nothing .
    The brith side i dont need to spend more zen.
    GWF 3700Ilvl Éjsötét & ProPala 3200Ilvl Menydörgés (main) & Szürkefarkas 2600 ilvl
  • matthiasthehun76matthiasthehun76 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,184 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    grantjb wrote: »
    I think there is an issue here is so many players are having the same issue.

Right mate, same experiences here, had the issue on Dungeons, IWD and now ToD campaign too. Tried to contact different places for an answer, many times, but no luck, no response.

This should be looked at, cause in my guild i loose every week a dozen of good players, who find something to spend their time, just because of this crappy RNG problem... I know from fellow guild leaders and players, who have the same problems, people are getting sick of this, call it whatever you want, RNG bug or account bug.

Had a few Tuern runs, where a guy won the belt on each of the 3 consecutive runs, while the others nothing or now in WoD, where the bystander won the belt and the players, who fought the battle, got nothing, zero.

Sure we are few compared to the bigger player base, but a debugging Dev should take a look at this issue, cause i hate to lose more of my friends and guildies.
    The real honest man is honest from conviction of what is right, not from policy.
    Robert E. Lee

I only believe in statistics that I doctored myself.
    Winston Churchill

The human race is a herd. Here we are, unique, eternal aspects of consciousness with an infinity of potential, and we have allowed ourselves to become an unthinking, unquestioning blob of conformity and uniformity. A herd. Once we concede to the herd mentality, we can be controlled and directed by a tiny few. And we are.
    David Icke