test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Double Refinement Weekend

dangerzone91dangerzone91 Member Posts: 31 Arc User
edited September 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
Hi ,

So, artifacts also give double points?
Post edited by dangerzone91 on

Comments

• Options
    zshikarazshikara Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    During a double RP event I would imagine that ANYTHING that gives RP will give double what it normally gives. I have not been through a double RP event before so we'll see when it happens, but I'm just thinking logically here.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tired of running dungeons with exploiters and cheaters? Join the legit channel by visiting http://goo.gl/1zfnTS to apply!
    Performing ritual pony sacrifices to Tiamat to earn favor with the RNG Gods since 2014.
  • Options
    sauloandreysauloandrey Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9
    edited August 2014
    also like to know xD
  • Options
    refracted0dawnrefracted0dawn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 894 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I heard about this in-game a few times.

Is it reality or a myth?

When is the Double Refinement weekend supposed to be happening?
  • Options
    lazaroth666lazaroth666 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    7ecb2651bed67101575002c976c61bb0.png

Sep 12th according to the ingame calendar :)
    fkze9t.jpg
    ▄▀▄▀ Check out my blog for more information and cool videos: NWO-Battleground ▀▄▀▄
    Proud founder of the 'Primacy' alliance
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Excellent, cheers.
  • Options
    midnightfang93midnightfang93 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Stockpile up on those lvl 59 raven artifacts to level up everything else.
  • Options
    myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Stockpile up on those lvl 59 raven artifacts to level up everything else.

I don't even know what those "raven" artifacts are . . . :(
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • Options
    frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    myowmyow wrote: »

Pvp artifact of power for 24k glory.

We still need to finish the contest for the event to happen but it's likely.
  • Options
    edited August 2014

The one you buy for 24k glory. They are excellent for leveling up your power artifacts since you get already get almost double the rewards from them without the event due to how artifacts work when refining with other artifacts.

Edit: You can get the 40k artifacts from IWD too for the other artifact types and are essentially "free" if you pvp a lot.
  • Options
    mycillemycille Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 42
    edited August 2014
    how much rafinement point give these raven artifacts at lvl 59?
  • Options
    lazaroth666lazaroth666 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    mycille wrote: »
    how much rafinement point give these raven artifacts at lvl 59?

619,600 RP points if used in another Power artifact. However, it is better as lv 54 instead of lv 59 IMO.
    fkze9t.jpg
    ▄▀▄▀ Check out my blog for more information and cool videos: NWO-Battleground ▀▄▀▄
    Proud founder of the 'Primacy' alliance
  • Options
    angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    LOL That free Ruby they gave away a little while back is gonna come in handy on THAT week. Wowzers.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    619,600 RP points if used in another Power artifact. However, it is better as lv 54 instead of lv 59 IMO.

Yes, but the Raven is only Rank 1 when you get it. It only gives a few thousand RP, as I used it with one of my characters. It is BoP to Character, so you cannot send it from 10 Alts to your Main, and you can only stack 50,000 Glory, so you'd have to buy them with the character you want to use them on.

If you have already upgraded the Raven skull, it is useful to use for another artifact of Power though. I used the one my Main Battle Celric had to upgrade the Dragonborn one. I wish I had saved it for the DRP weekend, now.

:(
  • Options
    adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    If you have already upgraded the Raven skull, it is useful to use for another artifact of Power though. I used the one my Main Battle Celric had to upgrade the Dragonborn one. I wish I had saved it for the DRP weekend, now.
    :(

Yea. I had upgraded my Raven Skull to level 72, and then I got that nice artifact included in the Dragonborn pack....it is really tempting to upgrade that - maybe not cost-effective, but if I have a lvl 72 artifact lying around, why not use it....

Then there is the question of what to do with those spare Eyes of Lathander artifacts I have lying around - upgrade them to 59 and use them to upgrade one of my other artifacts?
    Hoping for improvements...
  • Options
    kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    frishter wrote: »
    Pvp artifact of power for 24k glory.

Oh good grief, I wince at the sight of those now. I farmed so many to raise a Vanguard artifact to orange.. gnnh.
  • Options
    myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I have no glory. I have never done GG - too time consuming for my limited play time. :)
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • Options
    adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I have no glory. I have never done GG - too time consuming for my limited play time. :)

Well, you can do domination matches every now and then instead. Personally I hate PvP - the worst aspect of the game IMO, but I spent 4 days doing pretty much nothing else, just to make enough Glory to get that artifact. However, if your daily play time is limited, you can spread it out over a much longer period.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • Options
    mlmleaddeathmlmleaddeath Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I wonder if it will work for Wonders of Gond refinement items. Making Doohickeys would be a lot easier.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    I wonder if it will work for Wonders of Gond refinement items. Making Doohickeys would be a lot easier.

Probably though they changed it so that you need 1 of the same ranked grommet/whatever as a reagent now which sucks.
    adinosii wrote: »
    Well, you can do domination matches every now and then instead. Personally I hate PvP - the worst aspect of the game IMO, but I spent 4 days doing pretty much nothing else, just to make enough Glory to get that artifact. However, if your daily play time is limited, you can spread it out over a much longer period.

I dislike it too. Too many imbalances. I've done it to farm pvp stuff though, plus trying to get 9 artifacts for double rp weekend. 3 down, 6 to go.
  • Options
    mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Probably though they changed it so that you need 1 of the same ranked grommet/whatever as a reagent now which sucks.

Yes this was possibly the reason for the stealth change.

Sadly it seems you waste far too many RP points now leveling up from Rank 1->2->3 so you can't just use Blueprints. Overall even with Double RP bonus making Doohickeys is still going to be far more expensive than it was during the event.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    mconosrep wrote: »
    Yes this was possibly the reason for the stealth change.

Sadly it seems you waste far too many RP points now leveling up from Rank 1->2->3 so you can't just use Blueprints. Overall even with Double RP bonus making Doohickeys is still going to be far more expensive than it was during the event.

Oh my god, what? I had one sprocket left and a stack of blueprints I bought, sufficient to make one more doohickey, but I was waiting til I looted enough ore for reagents and I've been too busy to spend any game time node farming in Blacklake.

This was all meant to be for personal use, not selling, and I don't have enough to make all those intermediate stage things. *Cries.*
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    sexwax45sexwax45 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I been saving for about a week waiting for this event, can't wait.
  • Options
    healaryhealary Member Posts: 600 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    The one you buy for 24k glory. They are excellent for leveling up your power artifacts since you get already get almost double the rewards from them without the event due to how artifacts work when refining with other artifacts.

Edit: You can get the 40k artifacts from IWD too for the other artifact types and are essentially "free" if you pvp a lot.

I don't see how are the pvp artifacts "free". First, you need to get 24k and 40k glory to buy them but glory can be used to buy other stuff that you can use, salvage for rough AD or sell for AD.

Then the artifacts come at rank 1. When you get them to rank 59, you can get like 600k+ rp from each of them if used on the same type of artifact. However, it also takes almost 300k rp to upgrade a rank 1 artifact to rank 59, which translates to over 2 AD per rp, in line with the enchantment process by way of pearls, peridots, etc.

It is not free and any cheaper than normal enchantment.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    healary wrote: »
    I don't see how are the pvp artifacts "free". First, you need to get 24k and 40k glory to buy them but glory can be used to buy other stuff that you can use, salvage for rough AD or sell for AD.

Then the artifacts come at rank 1. When you get them to rank 59, you can get like 600k+ rp from each of them if used on the same type of artifact. However, it also takes almost 300k rp to upgrade a rank 1 artifact to rank 59, which translates to over 2 AD per rp, in line with the enchantment process by way of pearls, peridots, etc.

Well I've personally never bought enchants to refine my artifacts (just used the stuff that dropped...IWD drops them like candy) and I reach the refining limit daily if I try to without the pvp equipment, so its free for me :/.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Well I've personally never bought enchants to refine my artifacts (just used the stuff that dropped...IWD drops them like candy) and I reach the refining limit daily if I try to without the pvp equipment, so its free for me :/.

It won't matter if you think getting all your refinement stones and enchantments from drop is free since if you use the same free stuff from mob or chest drops to enchant an artifact instead of using the drops to enchant a pvp artifact then use that artifact to enchant your targeted artifact, you get about the same bang of the buck effect.
  • Options
    jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    sexwax45 wrote: »
    I been saving for about a week waiting for this event, can't wait.

Me too. I've got 2 ravens, and one spare banner in the bank, plus a whole bunch of marks and fey blessings. With a bit of luck, all my artifacts will be orange. ;)
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    However, it also takes almost 300k rp to upgrade a rank 1 artifact to rank 59, which translates to over 2 AD per rp, in line with the enchantment process by way of pearls, peridots, etc.

What do you mean 2 AD per rp? The only AD you pay is if you buy the enchants and then you double the rp. If you buy enchants for 1 rp/ad, using an artifact of the same type will up that to 2rp/ad (or 0.5ad/rp), if you pay 2 rp/ad, it effectively translates to 4rp/ad. With the upcoming double rp you should get 4rp/ad instead of 1rp/ad. Of course time is still needed to get the artifacts. If you have a low gs or suck, then it might be more painful. Though farming gg can still net results.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    What do you mean 2 AD per rp? The only AD you pay is if you buy the enchants and then you double the rp. If you buy enchants for 1 rp/ad, using an artifact of the same type will up that to 2rp/ad (or 0.5ad/rp), if you pay 2 rp/ad, it effectively translates to 4rp/ad. With the upcoming double rp you should get 4rp/ad instead of 1rp/ad. Of course time is still needed to get the artifacts. If you have a low gs or suck, then it might be more painful. Though farming gg can still net results.

If everybody can buy enchantments for 1 rp per ad don't you think they will just do that instead of buying pearls or peridots for 1 rp per 2+ ad? There are just not many 1 rp per ad enchantments put up for sale. Check the AH and see are there 30k rank 1 or 10k enchantments up there? Even if so, they are only enough for one person to upgrade a rank 1 artifact to rank 59.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    If everybody can buy enchantments for 1 rp per ad don't you think they will just do that instead of buying pearls or peridots for 1 rp per 2+ ad? There are just not many 1 rp per ad enchantments put up for sale. Check the AH and see are there 30k rank 1 or 10k enchantments up there? Even if so, they are only enough for one person to upgrade a rank 1 artifact to rank 59.

I got 3-4 million rp for less than 1ad/rp (well tbh some of it was a little over, but most was under) and plan to quadruple a lot of that for one of my toons to get 3 legendaries using bloodcrytals. The thing is whatever you use, whether it be enchantments or peridots you double that rate using artifacts of the same type at 59

If you use 587 peridots needed to reach l59, you'll get the equivalent of 1239 peridots in rp. It's always going to be cheaper if you have the glory on you for the artifact since you're getting bonus rp. You can't lose ad or match it unless you use a high end purple one for rp, you're increasing your investment no matter what and the rate at 59 is twice as efficient as what you put in. The factors that reduce the efficiency is reagent cost which is minor below level 59 and the time to get the glory.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    I got 3-4 million rp for less than 1ad/rp (well tbh some of it was a little over, but most was under) and plan to quadruple a lot of that for one of my toons to get 3 legendaries using bloodcrytals. The thing is whatever you use, whether it be enchantments or peridots you double that rate using artifacts of the same type at 59

If you use 587 peridots needed to reach l59, you'll get the equivalent of 1239 peridots in rp. It's always going to be cheaper if you have the glory on you for the artifact since you're getting bonus rp. You can't lose ad or match it unless you use a high end purple one for rp, you're increasing your investment no matter what and the rate at 59 is twice as efficient as what you put in. The factors that reduce the efficiency is reagent cost which is minor below level 59 and the time to get the glory.

I don't question the double refinement event. Double is always better than single. I am happy with that.

If you either have the luck to get all those people selling enchantments to you for 1 ad per or the time to sit at AH for who knows how long to get 3-4 million rp worth of enchants, good for you but I don't think most players have that cheap offers or the patience to stare at the AH like a job especially in a action based game.
This discussion has been closed.