Install Arc
Options

Double Refinement Weekend

Comments

• Options
    frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    healary wrote: »
    I don't question the double refinement event. Double is always better than single. I am happy with that.

If you either have the luck to get all those people selling enchantments to you for 1 ad per or the time to sit at AH for who knows how long to get 3-4 million rp worth of enchants, good for you but I don't think most players have that cheap offers or the patience to stare at the AH like a job especially in a action based game.

I didn't really go out of my way but can understand others may not have the time. Plus you can always do sharandar for lesser fey blessings for 20k for over 25k rp which is good. I have 50 of the things that I might make to 3 greater feys. That may sound like a lot but I have 8 toons and could have got a lot more but even once a week would be too much because I hate sharandar with a passion. Though really you could just sell them and buy rp/ad at a better rate.

Anyway the point is artifacts of the same type double the rp investment at 59 and will octuple (was wrong about quadrupling it) it for double rp weekend. Whatever you use as rp, you half the ad/rp rate.

For double rp weekend, instead of 293,535 rp you will only need 146,768 rp and instead of 619,600 rp, it will give you (presumably) 1,239,200 rp so instead of getting 2x rp you actually get 8.4x your base rp.

Basically, holy <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> that's better than I first thought.
  • Options
    dodgododgo Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 870 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    is there a "what time is this for you" for this event please?
  • Options
    midnightfang93midnightfang93 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    dodgo wrote: »
    is there a "what time is this for you" for this event please?

Almost every event has started at 10am PST. So, google it?
  • Options
    dodgododgo Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 870 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Almost every event has started at 10am PST. So, google it?

cheers but im actually needing the end time?
  • Options
    masizin777masizin777 Member Posts: 181 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    should have saved for those doohickeys?
  • Options
    mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    masizin777 wrote: »
    should have saved for those doohickeys?

No because they ninja-changed the refinement method.

It now requires not tier 1 reagents but instead another gromiit or whatever of the same type. So anyone who waited for this event is actually far, far worse off....
  • Options
    adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    frishter wrote: »
    For double rp weekend, instead of 293,535 rp you will only need 146,768 rp and instead of 619,600 rp, it will give you (presumably) 1,239,200 rp so instead of getting 2x rp you actually get 8.4x your base rp.

This is actually brilliant. Put your enchants into an artifact during 2xRP weekend (doubling their RP value) and use that as fodder for another similar actifact (doubling again)...and do that during RP weekend too - yet another doubling as you said....I had not realized this..but this means I'll actually manage to get an orange artifact by making use of those spare Eye of Lathander artifacts I have lying around.

Thank you.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    adinosii wrote: »
    This is actually brilliant. Put your enchants into an artifact during 2xRP weekend (doubling their RP value) and use that as fodder for another similar actifact (doubling again)...and do that during RP weekend too - yet another doubling as you said....I had not realized this..but this means I'll actually manage to get an orange artifact by making use of those spare Eye of Lathander artifacts I have lying around.

Thank you.

No problem :)
  • Options
    w00trandomsnoobiw00trandomsnoobi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 387 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I wish I had a matching artifact. :( But I guess even nonmatching gives more rp than the enchantments themselves, I would use 146,768 rp and get 247,840 rp, right?
  • Options
    refracted0dawnrefracted0dawn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 894 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    healary wrote: »
    I don't see how are the pvp artifacts "free". First, you need to get 24k and 40k glory to buy them but glory can be used to buy other stuff that you can use, salvage for rough AD or sell for AD.

What can you buy with Glory apart from Battle Potions and PvP Gear?

And how can you sell them when they are BoP?
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    I wish I had a matching artifact. :( But I guess even nonmatching gives more rp than the enchantments themselves, I would use 146,768 rp and get 247,840 rp, right?

Edit: Yes that's right but that double rp would apply anyway. You need 293,535 rp to get 123,920 rp which is multiplied by 5 to get 619,600 rp. With no match bonus you just need 146,768 rp, but that would double to 293,535 rp if you used it in the artifact you want anyway.

Another thing to note is that the don't go over level 59 thing doesn't completely apply. Say you have a level 86 bloodcrystal and level 1 bloodcrystal pvp artifact. If you want to level it up you'd usually use the level 1 to rank upto 59 however during the double rp weekend, putting the l85 one in the level 1 one should give 3,896,200 rp instead of 1,948,100 rp, just more than enough to reach legendary so all you need to pay is upgrade costs. You'd reach level 95 or 96 on a non crit doing it the other way with ~850k rp to go.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    I just thought of something else. I have two Power artifacts - the skull, which is currently at level 71 and the level 60 artifact that comes with the Dragonborn pack, and which suits my build better. So...I was going to use my skull as RP fodder for the other, but now I am wondering....

Is it worthwhile at this point to put more RPs into the level 71 artifact first (during 2xRP weekend, of course), before using it as fodder ?
  • Options
    valencayvalencay Member Posts: 431 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    I just thought of something else. I have two Power artifacts - the skull, which is currently at level 71 and the level 60 artifact that comes with the Dragonborn pack, and which suits my build better. So...I was going to use my skull as RP fodder for the other, but now I am wondering....

Is it worthwhile at this point to put more RPs into the level 71 artifact first (during 2xRP weekend, of course), before using it as fodder ?

you should check the artifact page in nw wiki to see exactly the benefit you get for doing the artifact thing (refine artifact to 59 and then use it into the main), I would link you the page myself but the site is currently under maintenance, anyway it should not be worth to refine further the 71 one
    Aset Xharran, Oppressor CW
  • Options
    edited September 2014

Depends if the 2*RP works when you use artifacts.

In any case there are VERY harsh diminishing returns on RP invested at that level when used as fodder, but my gut feeling is if you get the *10 bonus then it is still worthwhile.
  • Options
    letalinletalin Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I think there is a cap when feeding one artifact to another, can someone explain this?
  • Options
    edited September 2014

Gamepedia is down so I've been working on an incomplete chart and am unsure about the big picture of efficiencies now as mentioned in my updated post above. It also depends on how many artifacts you plan to use as rp.

On using an incomplete chart, your artifact should give 950k rp now and 1.9m for x2 rp as a matched bonus. upgrading that to level 75 would require a total of 811,635 rp so 196,900 more rp and will give 1,138,400 rp or 2,276,800 rp for 2 x rp event.

That's about 376,800 (not 100% accurate) extra rp for 98,450 rp during double rp providing my calculations are correct. Since it's already upgraded, giving it more rp is beneficial. Personally I'd try to farm more bloodcrystals too though. Thinking about how new efficiencies apply is something that would require wrapping my head round and not sure if it's something I want to try and figure out :D. So many factors D:
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    letalin wrote: »
    I think there is a cap when feeding one artifact to another, can someone explain this?

There's diminishing returns on the efficiency. A level 2 artifact will multiply rp invest by 377.5. That's great until you find out that it's only 7530 extra rp you got from a 20 rp investment. At level 96 you get 2,748,400 rp with match bonus from 3,132,635 invested so you lose rp. Of course for double rp weekend we hope that will be doubled so you actually get more. At l 100 you get 2,983,100 rp with match bonus for 3,847,635 invested. Kind of a let down imo. Because of the x2 rp event, diminishing returns should be less of a worry.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    dodgo wrote: »
    cheers but im actually needing the end time?

Apparently the in-game calendar adjusts to your time zone (I just checked the calendar and all of events weren't in PST, but my time zone). So, you can use that. The event starts and ends at 10am PST, just like almost every other event.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    There's diminishing returns on the efficiency. A level 2 artifact will multiply rp invest by 377.5. That's great until you find out that it's only 7530 extra rp you got from a 20 rp investment. At level 96 you get 2,748,400 rp with match bonus from 3,132,635 invested so you lose rp. Of course for double rp weekend we hope that will be doubled so you actually get more. At l 100 you get 2,983,100 rp with match bonus for 3,847,635 invested. Kind of a let down imo. Because of the x2 rp event, diminishing returns should be less of a worry.

I went and did some testing on preview.

First I took my level 71 Artifact and put it in my level 60 one - it gave me 924.000 RP. I added another 143480 RP which brought the resulting artifact up to level 82, with around 37K RP needed for the next level.

Then I tried a different approach - took the 143480 RP and put them into my level 71 artifact, which brought that up to level 74. Then I used that artifact to refine the level 60 one, and it gave me 1.080.350 RP - a gain of 12.470 RP. The resulting artifact was also level 82, but with only 25K RP needed for next level.

So, yeah, my conclusion is that if you have a purple artifact around this level lying around, it is still profitable to use it as fodder...but just barely - we are talking a 1.15% gain here.

The question now is where is the break-even point - at what level do you get the same RP out as you put in ?
  • Options
    refracted0dawnrefracted0dawn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 894 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I don't get it.

Why would it be better to grind for a Blood Crystal Raven Skull artifact and upgrade it with enchants and Runes and THEN use it to upgrade another artifact of Power?

Why is that better than just upgrading your artifact of Power with enchants and runes?

Hold On - the lower level of Marks of Power you need to use?

DOH!
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    I don't get it.

Why would it be better to grind for a Blood Crystal Raven Skull artifact and upgrade it with enchants and Runes and THEN use it to upgrade another artifact of Power?

Why is that better than just upgrading your artifact of Power with enchants and runes?

Hold On - the lower level of Marks of Power you need to use?

DOH!

Because artifacts of the same time (not the belt/weapon artifacts) gives ANOTHER x2 bonus on top of what it normally gives for enchants AND it can critical like normal (so you might get 4x).
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Because artifacts of the same time (not the belt/weapon artifacts) gives ANOTHER x2 bonus on top of what it normally gives for enchants AND it can critical like normal (so you might get 4x).

Note, however, that normally it is best not to upgrade the skull beyond level 59 - because of the cost involved in getting it to 60. It's only if you are in the situation of having a higher level skull that you don't want/need that it may make sense to use it as I showed a few posts above.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Note, however, that normally it is best not to upgrade the skull beyond level 59 - because of the cost involved in getting it to 60. It's only if you are in the situation of having a higher level skull that you don't want/need that it may make sense to use it as I showed a few posts above.

It was already mentioned so I didn't bother repeating it :/. Typically using an epic for it isn't worth it simply because of the cost to go from rare -> epic for the small extra you still get.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    I went and did some testing on preview.

First I took my level 71 Artifact and put it in my level 60 one - it gave me 924.000 RP. I added another 143480 RP which brought the resulting artifact up to level 82, with around 37K RP needed for the next level.

Then I tried a different approach - took the 143480 RP and put them into my level 71 artifact, which brought that up to level 74. Then I used that artifact to refine the level 60 one, and it gave me 1.080.350 RP - a gain of 12.470 RP. The resulting artifact was also level 82, but with only 25K RP needed for next level.

So, yeah, my conclusion is that if you have a purple artifact around this level lying around, it is still profitable to use it as fodder...but just barely - we are talking a 1.15% gain here.

The question now is where is the break-even point - at what level do you get the same RP out as you put in ?

L91->92 is the break even point.

One thing I calculated is that using a level 59 bloodcrystal into a l1 blood crystal (which for double rp should give you a level 81 artifact non crit) and then that in another blood crystal should be enough to level it to almost l96 (total: 3,091,600 rp) whereas 2 l59 ones would level it to 91 (total: 2,478,400 rp) with no crits. That's 600k extra rp difference and the difference is that for the 2nd 59 artifact would cost you 146,768 rp extra, while the other would cost you the purple reagents extra to upgrade. Basically you save a little on the cost at a 1ad/rp cost.

Edit: oh it does have the data, and I now realise that the matched bonus is a 5x bonus not the x2 that I thought it was. I had figures for the matched bonus, not base and used that for calculations previously. Basically it's probably highly wasteful to use non matching artifacts, sorry for the confusion to the one that asked...
  • Options
    madaragataosenaimadaragataosenai Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I have a rumor double RP is cancled to double chants drop event...Pray to it be only a rumor!
    DAAAMN,its not a rumor http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/7004593
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    I have a rumor double RP is cancled to double chants drop event...Pray to it be only a rumor!
    DAAAMN,its not a rumor http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/7004593

They're separate events. Double rp event is still happening.
    First set of rewards here:
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/6005153-the-next-chapter-in-season-of-dragons
  • Options
    edited September 2014

Except that is for October and not September......
  • Options
    doriangreighdoriangreigh Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 707 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Has anyone done any refining lately? I know a week or so ago whenever I refined say a Radiant and it Crit it would say it crited for +135 but what it actually put in was something odd like 132 ... has this been fixed? Seems like I had that issue once before. I plan on upgrading my R6 radiants (12 of them) to R7 and any thing I can do to up a couple of those to 8's is my goal but I want them to stack so I don't have dozens of unstackble enchants in my inventory while I wait to have the AD to buy greater marks to upgrade those. Any help in this area would be appreciated or at least comments if anyone else had that issue ... and to be clear this is upgrading same type enchants radiant with radiant etc except for artifacts my artifacts also had this issue where I actually have artifact with 27531 RP in it.
  • Options
    rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    Has anyone done any refining lately? I know a week or so ago whenever I refined say a Radiant and it Crit it would say it crited for +135 but what it actually put in was something odd like 132 ... has this been fixed?

I can't confirm is true or not but if it is, it would be so funny if there was a refining bug this weekend.
This discussion has been closed.