test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Enchanted Keys becoming Bind on Account

Comments

• rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    class artifacts is a huge sink
  • gerbilhurdlergerbilhurdler Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 418 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    charononus wrote: »
    You forgot to mention that incoming is capped.

No it isn't.
    Maybe per character, but when it is ok to have a million accounts to farm leadership and invoking off of, it is not capped.
  • charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    No it isn't.
    Maybe per character, but when it is ok to have a million accounts to farm leadership and invoking off of, it is not capped.

IIRC Cryptic said back maybe in open beta it was not ok to have more than 2? 3? accounts per person even for those that run multiple accounts.

That means if you are playing without violating that rule, you could only have 6 slots for free. After that you'd have to pay for the character slots. Level the slots to 60, and level leadership to 20, for 6 slots per character.

Most players don't do this. Yes you will get a few that do. But you're making a bogeyman where nothing exists. It's the same as the people that cried doom about the founders packs and how those destroyed the economy with too much ad when open beta started.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited July 2014
    . . . Aye, multiple accounts in which you're actively playing them and not just abusing any system, is okay -within reason. It's when those accounts are used in ways that cause a negative impact on the game, like exploiting. Having extra accounts that do nothing but generate AD and then transferring that AD to your other accounts would be a red flag. Just like having 10 or more (just an example, not literal), would raise red flags. It's always best to use better judgement and err on the side of caution.
  • pointsmanpointsman Member Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    For new players, there are too many AD sinks. For new players, a 25k Mark of Potency to upgrade an artifact or R5 enchant is a big expense. So they reach Level 60 almost flat broke and with no AD for buying an armor/weapon enchant (not to mention a Coal Ward).

For the veteran players, there aren't enough AD sinks because they don't have anything to spend AD on, since they've effectively beaten the game already. Perhaps their AD sink is gearing up alts? I don't know.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited July 2014
    pointsman wrote: »
    For new players, there are too many AD sinks. For new players, a 25k Mark of Potency to upgrade an artifact or R5 enchant is a big expense. So they reach Level 60 almost flat broke and with no AD for buying an armor/weapon enchant (not to mention a Coal Ward).

For the veteran players, there aren't enough AD sinks because they don't have anything to spend AD on, since they've effectively beaten the game already. Perhaps their AD sink is gearing up alts? I don't know.
    I mostly agree. The point that differs is that the AD Sinks we have now are, in my opinion, way too steeply priced. So much so that they are not effective enough for they aren't used enough due to their overpriced nature. In my opinion, almost all AD sinks needs to drop around 1/2 of what they currently are, especially Companion & Mount Upgrades and Transmutation fees. The only sink I think is just fine, is the AH 10% cut.
    edited July 2014
    zebular wrote: »
    I mostly agree. The point that differs is that the AD Sinks we have now are, in my opinion, way too steeply priced. So much so that they are not effective enough for they aren't used enough due to their overpriced nature. In my opinion, almost all AD sinks needs to drop around 1/2 of what they currently are, especially Companion & Mount Upgrades and Transmutation fees. The only sink I think is just fine, is the AH 10% cut.

I've seen mmo's use higher fee's on the AH and still be fine, if not a little better for it. If and only if they drop some of the upgrade prices, they could probably stand to bump the ah fee up to 20%.
  • korollakorolla Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited July 2014

And they ended up putting a nerf bat to the cockatrice that came from the latest AD sink so you're spending huge amounts for something that they release and alter at will meaning you never know if your AD is well spent or not.
    edited July 2014
    korolla wrote: »
    And they ended up putting a nerf bat to the cockatrice that came from the latest AD sink so you're spending huge amounts for something that they release and alter at will meaning you never know if your AD is well spent or not.
    That thing was an overpowered i-win button that should never have been released the way it was. It still needs more nerfing. It has been driving people out of opvp content because winning is all a matter of who has the cockatrice and nothing else. You had your i-win button for a while with your ad which is more than you should have had it.
    edited July 2014
    It should also be pointed out that instead of constantly getting bigger the zax backlog has shrunk by 2 million zen now that people aren't selling keys around the 500:1 restriction. The change is helping the game.
  • maroon89maroon89 Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Boohoo! All the key speculators getting punched in the gut. I love it! More things need to be BoA.
  • blueyzes1blueyzes1 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    No ...its still 6 million..

your AD exchange has been clogged and messed up for months, you've taken the opportunity for me to even get keys w/o waiting a week on zen......do you know how long it will take to even make a "decent" weapon enchant w/o spending 100's on coal wards now to make a decent weapon....I like to earn my stuff.....your ruining your own game!.....lets see how far u guys make it after MOD 5 now that anything we wanted we either have to pay for or wait over a week to get a simple key....you guys know what your doing :(........................................................(the road to hell is paved w/good intentions I guess).......
  • chaoscourtesanchaoscourtesan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    .. the AD Sinks we have now are, in my opinion, way too steeply priced. So much so that they are not effective enough for they aren't used enough due to their overpriced nature. ...

This is exactly right. A sink is no good if it goes unused. You'd think that in a model based on micro-transactions, that would be a given.
    Rhyon Cawdorian GWF | Opa Loka TR | Cormac Argentus III DC | Annika Thornblade GF | Aerys Skydark HR | Bartin Findlor TR | Aellia Baalthrall CW | Lucan Hawkmoon CW | Opa Brahk GWF | Korzbyrk DC | Den Kruk GWF | Jherek Skarsin CW |
    Roland Mac Sheonin GF | Tarron Direheart SW |
  • warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    amenar wrote: »
    Greetings Adventurers,

Recently, there has been an alarming amount of reported issues surrounding Enchanted Keys. This has taken the form of people’s accounts getting hacked or stolen after buying keys from a 3rd party site, people spending money on 3rd party sites and not receiving their keys, and many other situations that negatively impact a player’s experience in Neverwinter.

In an effort to diminish the effectiveness of these individuals’ efforts, we have made a large but necessary change, to make Enchanted Keys Bind on Account. This change will be retroactive, meaning this will affect all keys in Neverwinter regardless of when they’ve been purchased. This is done to ensure that nefarious individuals will no longer be able to scam players using Enchanted Keys as bait.

Moving forward, keys will automatically bind to a player’s account when they have been purchased from the Zen Market. We also have a plan for keys contained within in communal areas like Guild Banks or the Auction house. Keys stored in Guild Banks will Bind to the account of the player that withdraws them. Keys currently for sale in the auction house will bind to the account of the player who purchases them.

We realize that this change may be seen as drastic, but know that we do it with the intention of protecting the safety and well-being of our players.

Thanks all,
    -Chris Matz, Lead Designer

u need to make all zen store items bop there is no point of having boe items when we have ad exchange
  • jintortlejintortle Member Posts: 655 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    blueyzes1 wrote: »
    F2P Players cannot buy keys in AH anymore.....so our only option with your ****ed up zen market is to buy instaed of earn for free....**** you perfect world I just wasted a year of my life on this game so you can be as greedy as other games.....you guys are lame

I agree with "Zebular's"comment above.

It is cheaper to exchange the AD for Zen and buy direct. The Zen is FREE if you exchange your AD for it - u still get free - the market just needs people who do put $$ into the game to want to convert their Zen to AD.

For instance last week all the "wards" were 25% discount - on AH they sell for 110% of the normal value.

If you are only buying items from AH you are loosing AD although it does take days at the moment to clear AD to Zen - so there is a market to provide the goods faster.
    Genus Draco Fad and the Muster@Jintortle
    ID: NW-DD5FLOBTJ
    Cult of the Dragon Foundry Contest - Please participate and vote for your favourite - 26/6/2014 contest rating begins.

Sir Camps A Lot. Mr SlingShot Boom. XX Phantasmagorical. Jinn Dragonfeast.
    SlingShot Boom Jr. Jocan Traders. Little Lord Forgatty, Dwarf Mean and introducing Necro Torquemada (The Warlock)
  • saini50990saini50990 Member Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    i think this decision is a game changer , for some its bad for them cause there major source of income was from trading keys or selling in AH , and also many times keys were used as currency to bypass AH 10% cut but now that cant happen so they are angry about it .

but plz look at big picture , its true that now u will have to sell ur stuff1st to buy keys from zen , but i have been watching the zax and the backlog is steadily decreasing , in longterm it will stabilize the game economy which was being too much volatile. true that when new lockbox come we will see influx of players trying to buy zen , but it has always been that way from the start , the backlog is due to no good AD sink and reaching upper cap in ZAX , so bear with it for 2-3 weeks at most and u will see that backlog will be reduced to 700k-1.5mil players , it would decrease more but new content also cming so players will want to horde zen , so u have to bear it and hope for best.
    :) personally i think its a great move and its true many players account were hacked for buying keys from 3rd party , and also gold spammers have been reduced. so i think its good that keys are BOA.
  • sancidsancid Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Lol, used my 150 keys and didn't get a single epic, this is why I sold and traded them, so lame, but neverwinter life goes on
    edited July 2014
    Raise the ZAX Transfer Cap to adjust for Inflation.

Watch that number shrink quickly and economy stabilize if Cap is 1000.

It eliminates profiteering and Price Hijacking.

Current Rate of Zen to AD is near the 700 Mark.

About 650:1 If memory serves me correctly.

A 1000 cap and the AD inflation in no way will reach 1000. Most people cringe at the 770:1 Ratio we just had.
    The 500:1 rate was put in to protect new players. They need to eliminate ways to get around it by binding the cash shop on acquire, all of the cash shop. Then there is no way to sell zen for ad except thru the zax.

Then to combat inflation they can make some changes to the ad sinks. Lower the prices so more people use them on upgrades, transmutes, etc. Then raise the ah tax to 20-33%.
  • blueyzes1blueyzes1 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I put a lot of my time into earning AD to get keys to get Tarlamane Bars to get coalecent wards to upgrade my gear/weapons enchants...this makes this process very long waiting on ZAX....if im not paying PW $$$ its gonna take forever to do a single task :) 1 perfect vorpal ive been working on forever would have been my 1st....oh well guess im screwed for a long time.
  • warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    The 500:1 rate was put in to protect new players. They need to eliminate ways to get around it by binding the cash shop on acquire, all of the cash shop. Then there is no way to sell zen for ad except thru the zax.

Then to combat inflation they can make some changes to the ad sinks. Lower the prices so more people use them on upgrades, transmutes, etc. Then raise the ah tax to 20-33%.

yeah bop all z store items are only thing which can save economy atm and ah needs higher fees rise of tax to 20% would be good start
    edited July 2014
    warpet wrote: »
    yeah bop all z store items are only thing which can save economy atm and ah needs higher fees rise of tax to 20% would be good start
    Yup I think besides raising the ah tax, lowering the price for those upgrades for mounts companions etc would really help. I'd say cut them in half. This may seem counter productive but my guess is that only 10% at most use those upgrades at the moment. If you put the price lower, you could get it to 80-90% of the populace using them, even if you cut the price of them in half or more you'd still be taking more ad out of the economy and helping fight inflation.
  • reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited July 2014

I completely agree with this. All of the cash shop items should be BoA AND the AD sinks need to be cheaper so more people actually use them.
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • akemnosakemnos Member Posts: 597 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    why were you buying keys to get bars to get a coal ward instead of just buying a coal ward off the AH? would have been a lot cheaper.
  • maroon89maroon89 Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited July 2014

I'm glad people are coming around to this. I suggested this when we first hit the cap.
    edited July 2014
    maroon89 wrote: »
    I'm glad people are coming around to this. I suggested this when we first hit the cap.

I was out of game during that time period or I would have been right there with you.
  • fantasycharacterfantasycharacter Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 675 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    maroon89 wrote: »

Ultimately Cryptic does what it does, but I would like to keep some Zen store items to give as gifts :P I already farm enough and don't want to have to farm some crappy CtA pet to give as a gift!

I know, minor problems and all :P
  • akemnosakemnos Member Posts: 597 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    At 2 to 3 keys per coal, it is same price to buy 8 keys then 1 coal on AH. Essentially getting 3 coals for the price of one.

yeah but he stated that he is buy keys from the AH so that he can get trade bars and then use those tradebars to get a coal ward.

whats the average for bars in a box 10? gonna take a long time to get a coal that way.
  • lademonicclademonicc Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Yup I think besides raising the ah tax, lowering the price for those upgrades for mounts companions etc would really help. I'd say cut them in half. This may seem counter productive but my guess is that only 10% at most use those upgrades at the moment. If you put the price lower, you could get it to 80-90% of the populace using them, even if you cut the price of them in half or more you'd still be taking more ad out of the economy and helping fight inflation.

I definetly would like a mount upgrade being reasonable. i really want a rank 3 polar bear mount ^^ but as it stands... it actually becomes more expensive then buying those already rank 3 mounts :/ shouldnt the price end up being the same?

if u buy a rank 3 mount avg 3500 zen = waiting 4days and trading 1750k ad
    if u buy a rank 2 mount about 2000zen? = wait 4 day and trade 1000k ad - so a mount upgrade shouldnt be too far from costing 750k ad :/ or a zen item for mount upgrade not costing much more then 1500zen

edit: atm an upgrade is 2mil ad? xD i dont even know who came up with that but thats insane lol it more expensive then the best rank 3 mount in store already
  • ysil6969ysil6969 Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    lademonicc wrote: »
    I definetly would like a mount upgrade being reasonable. i really want a rank 3 polar bear mount ^^ but as it stands... it actually becomes more expensive then buying those already rank 3 mounts :/ shouldnt the price end up being the same?

if u buy a rank 3 mount avg 3500 zen = waiting 4days and trading 1750k ad
    if u buy a rank 2 mount about 2000zen? = wait 4 day and trade 1000k ad - so a mount upgrade shouldnt be too far from costing 750k ad :/ or a zen item for mount upgrade not costing much more then 1500zen

edit: atm an upgrade is 2mil ad? xD i dont even know who came up with that but thats insane lol it more expensive then the best rank 3 mount in store already

This so much. If they made companions and mounts REASONABLE to upgrade, people would sink sooo much AD into this. I would probably spend the required amount over 3 companions, but I can't get myself to do it over 1. Sinks like this would help even out the economy.
  • calvin1tagcalvin1tag Member Posts: 322 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Well for those that are going to dump $200 US to get the polar bear that will then convert to AD (although I don't know why you would considering not much to buy with AD for players that have the where with all to dump $200 on a whim already as they likely already own most everything). However everyone that dumps that 2 bills into AD will move 10 million AD out of the ZAX so hopefully that helps
This discussion has been closed.