• fauust01fauust01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    New animations are way better
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • fauust01fauust01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    rustlord wrote: »
    Further testing on Tyrranical Lightning Storm (Tyrannical Threat):

The upgraded curse can be applied to more than 3 targets, improving the potential of the Lightning Enchantment combo by vast numbers. See attached ACT logs for damage dealt. On 4 targets (Dread Ring training dummies), total damage dealt is 154,765 solely coming from the combination of Tyrannical Curse and Lightning Enchantment loops.

Potential Stack Overflow:

If the cursed targets were to take damage during the combo, 30% (+20%) of that damage will be redirected in the same loop interaction. Damage will exponentially be increased in the upper hundred thousands. Additional targets could also be cursed to further exploit this interaction.

Not to mention, the way it burdens performance. After this attack, my friend and I cannot see the animation of certain powers, including the TAB mark until we have relogged.

Video: http://youtu.be/_B311iCASic
    ACT log:

original.png?1404648035

Can you test if Tene Enchants trigger from P Lightning + this ? would this make a good combo ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • schweifer1982schweifer1982 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,662 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Bug Temtation feat :
    Hope Stealer dont work at all .
    This feat shoud give 600 ls after crit at lvl 60 .
    GWF 3700Ilvl Éjsötét & ProPala 3200Ilvl Menydörgés (main) & Szürkefarkas 2600 ilvl
  • futuunfutuun Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    After the last change prone lasts 4 second (on players too!).
    This skill is way too OP in pvp. You can kill almost everyone in 4 second.
    Example:
    Yea.. it was full dps HR...

Bug: Infernal Spheres
    This skill can not be dodged.

0LQASjV.png
  • v1rus89v1rus89 Member Posts: 83
    edited July 2014
    Tested on preview server with a friend. 4 second prone on players is gamebreaking in pvp.
    Don't let this go live and fix it asap. ( make it 4 seconds on mobs, 2 on players like other classes prones.)

Ps: they can cast it even if cc'ed.
    Virus, Enemy Team.
  • emilemoemilemo Member Posts: 1,718 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Overall Feedback:

Default Stance - we are the Nobles of Neverwinter now, the commoners better bow or be cursed and die a horrible death.

Shift - looks awesome, thanks devs

Dreadtheft - good that it fires on its own now so we can freely move while casting

Came to say just that really. On to more testing

BTW game crashes occasionally while on the Preview server
    Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream.
    Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, Life is but a dream.
  • asmodeus451asmodeus451 Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    i'll add my voice to those asking for Dreadtheft to be cancel-able on pressing the button a second time
    Tenebris lux mea est
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    i'll add my voice to those asking for Dreadtheft to be cancel-able on pressing the button a second time

Yeah me too , I really liked the change to toggle and still do but it is annoying having to use the shift ability to cancel it .
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • relativityrelativity Member Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Just run epic ToS and FH with 4 WS with GS between 11-13K and power approximately 3k-4k. My CW is 15GS with 5k power. Not only all outdpsed my renegade but also put DCs to shame healing like crazies. Now you don't need CW nor DC. 5 SWs can solo everything. SWs + CWs + GWF only to make run faster. You haven't solved anything Devs. Instead of LF 3 CWs + 2GWF you'll see LF 2 SW + 2 CWs + GWF, and you can easily cross out CWs from it, 2 other SWs or GWFs will do as well.
    Bids he then the spruces to singer him an anthems!
    thief-glyphs.gif?w=32
    And the Woodsie Lord binders them fleshes to stone!
  • zomdzomd Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Walking Feedback:

It's menacing and seems fine.

Out-of-Combat Idle Feedback:

What a change! If you keep it, I'd ditch the gimp masks**, make the pact blades more reasonably sized, and if it's feasible maybe have guy warlocks have the hand in the back and women warlocks a hand on their hip. The last request I could see be a problem for clipping tho. Also, there's some clipping issues with the hand in the back and legs for some fashion sets. I've included a pic to illustrate.

EAWw7SY.png

But... I'm really conflicted, as it was, I really didn't like the out of comabt idle and running animations on my female warlock. Plus, they didn't seem neutral enough for all the different races (as someone else pointed out). At the same time, the old ones were more distinctive and definitely more in line with how you designed the armor sets/weapons.

I wish I'd made my feedback more clear because old animations might have worked if they had been adjusted rather than scrapped altogether. I'm sorry. If you guys have the resources/time, try going back to the old Out-of-Combat idle and old Out-of-Combat running and just scale back the bestial influence about 50% or so and see how it looks.

**Maybe ditch them anyway. :)

Out-of-Combat Running Feedback

Definitely better, but like I mentioned above not as distinctive.

Out-of-Combat Jumping Feedback

A lot better. This is fine where it is in my opinion.

'Shift' ability ("Shadow Slip") Feedback

The new one is pretty awesome. I like it a lot, plus the stamina/speed adjustments are great.

I kind of miss the previous shift though, because in my waterdhavian set it reminded me of this:

j0gVJ6J.jpg

However, since we didn't really wield the knife as a weapon it self it didn't fit the class in my opinion.
  • mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited July 2014

Leveled my SW to 60 through questing. Just completed first day quests in Dread Ring and I can say, that SW's damage is way out of hands. Using Temptation+Fury tree, my HP didn't dropped below 70% even once. Encounter Rotation - Warlock's Bargain, Dreadtheft, Vampiric Embrace. In comparison to live 14k HR, GF and DC, it was like a walk in a park. Absolutely fast, safe and easy.

You could probably think "ofc you did! with ranks 10, perfects and legendary artifacts!" I have 6800 GS, mix of 40+lvl blues and 55+ lvl greens with R7s (all power). My weapon is green 59 lvl junk, waters 29 lvl artifact.

It's pretty crazy to see all those 8k+ damage tooltips.
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
  • mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited July 2014

Set bonuses seem to be mindlessly thrown there. They don't fit SW at all, all other classes get something that works directly with their class mechanics.

Warlock PvP set bonus should be like - You now may place your Warlock's Curse on up to 4 targets and your powers deal 5%(T1)/7.5%(T2)/10%(T2.5) more damage to the targets, affected by your Warlock's Curse.
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
  • couatl13couatl13 Member Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Bug: Not sure if it's my my rig or not. But I'm noticing an graphics delay when using Firey Bolt. My character will do the animation, the foes get damaged and then about one to two seconds later I will see the neon green fireball go off and then explode.
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    couatl13 wrote: »
    Bug: Not sure if it's my my rig or not. But I'm noticing an graphics delay when using Firey Bolt. My character will do the animation, the foes get damaged and then about one to two seconds later I will see the neon green fireball go off and then explode.

Yes I get the same bug , I use fiery bolt and the damage shows but not the gfx , the gfx usually shows when I use my next encounter or at will
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • rainingcatrainingcat Member Posts: 2
    edited July 2014
    two things needed

1st: shift must move faster, or last longer. either way. the new animation is ok, but last too short and doesn't move much faster then normal running

2nd:soul puppet need to be more tanky, and last longer. 120 sec/5 hit is far from anything near meaningful.. not to mention it's dps wasn't anywhere near impressive. my suggestion is to make them tanky and last full two minutes. a new summon would refresh the timer and grant the buff. (the buff need to last longer. say 2 min?)
  • lococatt91lococatt91 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 162 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    Few things

Shadowslip is much better animation but functionality is still bad. Should slip into shadows (inviso) and be immune to damage and cc the SW has to have some form of dodge they will not be able to take hits.

The beam encounter at 6sec is to long to be locked into, maybe 3sec at twice the damage.

The TAB ability is clunky. You have to curse a mob then cast encounter which consumes it then recast curse and consume it again, this is not a workable mechanic. Plus some abilities you gain a bonus if mob dies while cused, kinda hard when the encounters consume them.
    The TAB should curse mob for set time like 30sec. The lesser curse can be consumed. Also have the curse agro the mob. I agro when im cursed.

I would like to see a charged at-will. Like storm pillar, maybe something like Blood Ward. Takes 3 sec to fully charge and places an AE damage ability that drains life for the SW.

The fireball and beam are decent AE abilities but i believe the SW needs some kind of CC. A single target and an AE similar to TR cc.
    Cloud of Darkness (smokebomb), Terror single target daze. Or consuming shadows a single target snare/DOT spell. Call them whatever you want but the SW needs some CC.
  • twilightwatchmantwilightwatchman Member Posts: 2,007 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    couatl13 wrote: »
    I can confirm this happens to me as well. Not every time I use the power but pretty frequently.
    Jenna Sunsoul - Justice Tankadin
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Karrin Feywinter - Mistress of Flame
    Errin Duskwalker - Executioner
    Darquess - Soulbinder
    edited July 2014
    lococatt91 wrote: »
    The fireball and beam are decent AE abilities but i believe the SW needs some kind of CC. A single target and an AE similar to TR cc.
    Cloud of Darkness (smokebomb), Terror single target daze. Or consuming shadows a single target snare/DOT spell. Call them whatever you want but the SW needs some CC.
    SW does have some CC. A 4 second prone when you curse a mob under Harrowstorm is pretty huge against larger targets, and the Wraith spell can be converted into a short CC that's also AoE under Curse Consume.
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Darquess - Soulbinder
  • herimakilherimakil Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I remain firm in the feeling that the attack animations also need to be changed. I just do not agree with reverse grip at all. Please, please, lower the arms a bit and put the blade facing forward.

The reverse grip on a blade which is meant to be a projectile launcher is irking me about as badly as if a FPS released a pistol held upside down with the pinky as a trigger finger. It doesn't look comfortable, natural or logical. It's one thing to have a reverse grip on a rogue or a melee fighter but another altogether to do so on a ranged character. The blade should act similar to a wand and I seriously cringe imagining holding a wand or some other firing mechanism backwards.

^

came for this, knew i was gonna find it because it's true

a caster that uses a dagger, casters on D&D can use daggers, scepters, wands, staffs... but reverse grip? some trickster rogue aproach? he is not going to attack with the dagger itself so, no it doesn't feel right :S, also it's too big to fit the class
  • charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    herimakil wrote: »
    ^

came for this, knew i was gonna find it because it's true

a caster that uses a dagger, casters on D&D can use daggers, scepters, wands, staffs... but reverse grip? some trickster rogue aproach? he is not going to attack with the dagger itself so, no it doesn't feel right :S
    Seems exactly right to me. Think of it like a sacrificial blade right before say an aztec priest performed human sacrifice. The blade is held in a reverse grip then plunged down. A pact blade seems like it should be about like that.
  • guessswho9guessswho9 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Just a suggestion: I'd like the next path you make to be a Far Realms pact.
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    rainingcat wrote: »
    two things needed

1st: shift must move faster, or last longer. either way. the new animation is ok, but last too short and doesn't move much faster then normal running

2nd:soul puppet need to be more tanky, and last longer. 120 sec/5 hit is far from anything near meaningful.. not to mention it's dps wasn't anywhere near impressive. my suggestion is to make them tanky and last full two minutes. a new summon would refresh the timer and grant the buff. (the buff need to last longer. say 2 min?)

To your first point - you can hold down shift and stay in shadow slip until you use up all your stamina, (if you wanted to) - tapping it seems to be a sort of halfway-dash ability also baked into the ability.

Regarding your second point - IIRC they already gave the Soul Puppet immunity to AoEs. What it needs now is a dash or closer ability so it can get up to the enemy without wasting so much time.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • shiani1shiani1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 316 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    In the patch notes it said that "warlock's curse will no longer aggro NPCs when not dealing any damage." Assuming that it does no damage on its own, then it's not working right for me. I've been trying to cast the curse as a first move, before any other actions on the NPCs and they come running as soon as I cast it. If I'm doing something wrong or misunderstood it, I'd appreciate a clarification. If not, then I assume it's doing this for others, as well?
    Kianni Ravenmoon and Izyana Sol'Eetah

• harnelharnel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Nah, you're right; the curse still draws aggro, though not from any mobs surrounding the one cursed.
  • shiani1shiani1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 316 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    harnel wrote: »
    Nah, you're right; the curse still draws aggro, though not from any mobs surrounding the one cursed.

Well, it seems that doesn't do much good since the NPCs follow each other around. So if I draw aggro on the one I curse the other follow him to see what's going on. I'm wondering if that's the intention. If so, it really doesn't help at all. Hopefully it will be fixed so it doesn't draw aggro from the cursed mob either. My warlock is level 45 now and I've stopped using dreadtheft until something changes with it. It's too easily interrupted, and even though it's an awesome skill, it just takes up a slot that could be effectively used when it's interrupted that often.
    Kianni Ravenmoon and Izyana Sol'Eetah

• schweifer1982schweifer1982 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,662 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Suggestion to split Dreadtheft into 2 charges .
    Cuz the animation last too long almost always interrupted in dungeons and this will make a little step tomake this class viable in pvp.
    All 5 class have multi charged skills like healing word etc-etc...

Bug :Gates of Hell mostly 80% of time it hit only 1 target even if 5 targets standing in the rigth spot .
    And agan i want to highlight on daze vs SW it disable almost all still active skill and curse like blades and other pre casted skills.I dont have this problem with my TR path of the blades.
    It almost act like dispell magic.
    GWF 3700Ilvl Éjsötét & ProPala 3200Ilvl Menydörgés (main) & Szürkefarkas 2600 ilvl
  • lazaroth666lazaroth666 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited July 2014

It is a bit annoying to lose this skill when were are CC'd considering that it's channeled. This is my suggestion: since the encounter lasts 6 seconds, if we are CC'd at 2 secs of using it, let the other missing 4 secs be reduced of the total CD, i.e: Normal CD is 13 secs, so if I'm cc'd at 3 secs, means that the other 3 secs will be reduced to the total CD being 10 secs now instead of 13, cc'd at 1 second means 5 secs less so the total CD would be 8 secs in that case.

Deal 8% more damage while your Action Point gauge is full.

The way this class feature works doesn't provide a fluid experience, keeping the AP gauge full just for 8% more dmg instead of using the daily power might lead to a decrease in the DPS. What do you think about this? Each 10% AP is 0.8% dmg, 20% AP 1.6%, 50% is 4% and so on. In this way the SW dmg will increase according to the % of shown in the AP Gauge and not only when it's full.
    fkze9t.jpg
    ▄▀▄▀ Check out my blog for more information and cool videos: NWO-Battleground ▀▄▀▄
    Proud founder of the 'Primacy' alliance
  • crystal892fcrystal892f Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    A quick idea (I'm going to post further feedback in the future when I tested further) that comes to mind regarding the Shift (I love the new animation).
    If I remember correctly (I can't fire up NW right now), the Shift grants CC immunity. So it's viable against CC - good. But the damage resistance is lacking (30%). So my idea: When shifting, have 100% deflection chance - like non-stealth ITC from TRs. If I remember correctly, SWs have a deflection severity of 50% like most other classes, and I think this will help the SW to survive better.
    edited July 2014
    shiani1 wrote: »
    In the patch notes it said that "warlock's curse will no longer aggro NPCs when not dealing any damage." Assuming that it does no damage on its own, then it's not working right for me. I've been trying to cast the curse as a first move, before any other actions on the NPCs and they come running as soon as I cast it. If I'm doing something wrong or misunderstood it, I'd appreciate a clarification. If not, then I assume it's doing this for others, as well?
    Do you have the Class Feature slotted that damages the target when you curse them?

Curse is working as described for me. I can curse my 3 mob limit and draw no aggro whatsoever. I'm running Warding Curse and No Mercy as class features so my curse does no damage on hit.
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Darquess - Soulbinder
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Do you have the Class Feature slotted that damages the target when you curse them?

Curse is working as described for me. I can curse my 3 mob limit and draw no aggro whatsoever. I'm running Warding Curse and No Mercy as class features so my curse does no damage on hit.

Also, does Warlock's Curse act as a "trigger" to get your companion to attack said target? That can also get you aggro.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums