test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

dragon egg shortage or ah manipulation?

yyrkoonstyphoonyyrkoonstyphoon Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 231 Arc User
edited July 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
Dragon eggs were up to 75K each yesterday. Bought 10 at 38k each just last friday. Seems someone bought them all up but you would think there would be enough in game to prevent this.

Just one more area of the economy gone wacko.
Post edited by yyrkoonstyphoon on

Comments

• Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    New class in a few weeks , maybe somebody wants to craft a load of shirts and pants or just sell the eggs for a nice mark up when new class arrives , there's certainly going to be demand.
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    crazymikeecrazymikee Member Posts: 694 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Maybe it was you. XD

You could just sell them now and wait for them to drop again. :P
    Coach Mike - 19.1k PvP CW
    CRAZY MIKE - 14.6k PvE CW

Backbone - 16.7k PvP HR
    [SIGPIC]http://i59.tinypic.com/s3hts7.png[/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    zibraliszibralis Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    If so it seems to be in vain. Prior to releasing new content there's often some form of bonus or event that may reward eggs.
  • Options
    frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I like how you say the economies gone wacko when they used to be over 100k. Hopefully the cost of shirts/pants will rise as a result to make them worth making.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    They are effectively a consumable commodity since they get used up.

Where are new ones supposed to be entering the economy from?

Frozen Crystal lockbox was a Black Ice Shaping pack = no eggs
    Waukeen/Tymora boxes = reduced drop rates, events were a bit ago
    Zen profession packs = most recent promotion was the Forgehammer of Gond, but haven't been on sale for a while, plus they're a big gamble

When there aren't many available, you need to look at the underlying factors rather than crying foul.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    yyrkoonstyphoonyyrkoonstyphoon Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 231 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Not really crying foul - just making an observation to see what others had to say. I have never seen them at 100K but have only been in the market for about 4 months. What I found to be unusual is there were 10 - 20 stacks of 10 posted, about 5 or so a piece by different names and for several weeks, you would see the same postings expire and get reposted lower. I guess either someone decided to buy them all up or everyone decided to get out of the market for a while.

I think you are right though becky - the lack of events producing them or the means to get them except older lock boxes - and that is a long shot at best, is causing a shortage of sorts. I had 20 or 30 of these from earlier events, but only started buying them a few weeks back (but i have been watching the price for months)

So anyone know what type of shirt and pants warlocks will use?
  • Options
    myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I don't think you can buy crafted shirts and pants anymore, right? Aren't they all BoP now?

Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't see any purple pants/shirts for sale on the market these days.
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • Options
    tinukedatinukeda Member Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    myowmyow wrote: »
    I don't think you can buy crafted shirts and pants anymore, right? Aren't they all BoP now?

Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't see any purple pants/shirts for sale on the market these days.

You must be "doing it wrong"; there are hundreds of gemmed shirts and pants for sale on the AH every day.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    So anyone know what type of shirt and pants warlocks will use?

I've been hearing leather.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    That would be odd. Considering there are currently two classes in the leather profession. Giving it a third seems unlikely. Safe assumption would be another type of cloth made by tailors
  • Options
    myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    tinukeda wrote: »
    You must be "doing it wrong"; there are hundreds of gemmed shirts and pants for sale on the AH every day.

Hmm. Ok. I bought several purple pants and shirts with many of my toons, but could not find any "purples" for sale when I looked a few days ago. Maybe I searched incorrectly.
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    That would be odd. Considering there are currently two classes in the leather profession. Giving it a third seems unlikely. Safe assumption would be another type of cloth made by tailors

It's lifted right out of the D&D rules. Warlocks have light armor proficiency; wizards have none.

I also think it would be a bit of a leatherworking overload while leaving the tailors with too little to do. I will say that Makos appears to be dressed in cloth robes though.

I'm not sure exactly what people have been finding on preview (I can't get on because it crashes).

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    aulduronaulduron Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,351 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    The cheapest eggs right now are under 50K. I guess I'll hold on to mine for now.
  • Options
    frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Complete list of what we know about warlocks:
    1) Items drop for them on the preview shard.
  • Options
    loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Yes there has been a spike on Friday but overall nothing to worry about. Needed two days to revert.
  • Options
    loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    frishter wrote: »
    complete list of what we know about warlocks:
    1) items drop for them on the preview shard.

1) omgomgomgomgomg
  • Options
    spartantickspartantick Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    It is leather according to the preview server. Tested it out today.
  • Options
    degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Read the patch notes on the preview shard, folks. It says...

"Professions: There are new "Emperor's" Uncommon Shirt and Pant items for all classes. They are invisible to the naked eye and come with a Free Appearance Change to transmute onto any existing Shirts and Pants. They require Level 18 of the respective profession, 25,000 Astral Diamonds, a Dragon Egg and Ornate Pants or Shirt as appropriate."

People are buying them up to either flip or use for this cosmetic.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
  • Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Read the patch notes on the preview shard, folks. It says...

"Professions: There are new "Emperor's" Uncommon Shirt and Pant items for all classes. They are invisible to the naked eye and come with a Free Appearance Change to transmute onto any existing Shirts and Pants. They require Level 18 of the respective profession, 25,000 Astral Diamonds, a Dragon Egg and Ornate Pants or Shirt as appropriate."

People are buying them up to either flip or use for this cosmetic.

What you EXACTLY mean by 18 of respective profession anyway? And will they be BoP or BoE?
  • Options
    degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    ghoulz66 wrote: »
    What you EXACTLY mean by 18 of respective profession anyway? And will they be BoP or BoE?

My CW's "respective profession" is Tailoring. My Hunter's "respective profession" is Leatherworking.

Make sense?

Just checked, and as of now the shirt/pants are BOE.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
  • Options
    dreamhuntressxdreamhuntressx Member Posts: 453 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Theres also the upcoming Emperor's shirt/pants, which are invisible and need Dragon Eggs to craft as well. Maybe someone wants to corner the market before anyone else. Who could it be? >_>
    Leanan Sidhe (not "The Dresde Files" fairy!) - NW Legit Channel Moderator
  • Options
    ianthewizard2012ianthewizard2012 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,142 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Dragon Egg's price has been 70K~80K these weeks. Last week it was about 80K, and now it drops to 70K. We again need an event which yields Dragon Eggs so that its price could be lowered to its past 30K~40K.
  • Options
    saini50990saini50990 Member Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    what about new event coming next week , the gond event. maybe its also has hammer of gond in proffesion pack?
  • Options
    rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    80% AH manipulation

20% shortage
  • Options
    valwrynvalwryn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,620 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Dragon mating season doesn't start until next week and we just killed all the dragons. You'll just have to color Ostrich eggs to look like dragon eggs. No one will notice. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I suddenly feel guilty making all those extra large deviled eggs. *whistles innocently before sauntering off* Ok, maybe not THAT guilty :D
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited July 2014
    . . . When the HR came out, I remember Dragon Eggs reaching 80k a pop for a day or two before they started to slowly drop back down and eventually settle around 50k-ish. People are most likely just buying Eggs in anticipation of the Scourge Warlock and Emperor Clothes and some are selling them back for a profit, which is normal.
  • Options
    ianthewizard2012ianthewizard2012 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,142 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    valwryn wrote: »
    Dragon mating season doesn't start until next week and we just killed all the dragons. You'll just have to color Ostrich eggs to look like dragon eggs. No one will notice. :rolleyes:
    Is it real dragon egg? Judging from its description, I thought it is a large-sized gem stone and the name is just a metaphor.
  • Options
    charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    myowmyow wrote: »

Bought some for a new CW I leveled to 60 just a couple days ago.
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited July 2014
    Is it real dragon egg? Judging from its description, I thought it is a large-sized gem stone and the name is just a metaphor.
    . . . Dragon egg gemstones are created from real dragon eggs, transformed into gems by wizards of old. They're used to create magical items and even automatons like gem spiders. As far as I am aware, this is a lost art due to the Spellplague and the dragon egg gemstones in the world now are quite rare.

. . . Most dragon egg gemstones were stored in extraplanar dimensions, so dragons (and others) couldn't find them, which most of them would have collapsed when Mystra fell, as Mystra's Weave was the fabric holding the outer planes apart, while the inner planes (like the elemental and energy planes) remained largely intact. The Abyss is an exception however for the outer planes, it drifted and merged with the Elemenal Planes, now known collectively as the Elemental Chaos.

. . . These gems vary in size sometimes, but the oldest of them are smaller than real dragon eggs, a by-product of the ancient magics used to encase them in statis and transform them into magical gemstones. With all these dragon eggs now in Neverwinter... and the rise of the Tyranny of Dragons... I would be worried for the saftey of the realm and those who hold these eggs!