Install Arc
Options

dragon egg shortage or ah manipulation?

2»

Comments

• Options
    rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    Not really crying foul - just making an observation to see what others had to say. I have never seen them at 100K but have only been in the market for about 4 months. What I found to be unusual is there were 10 - 20 stacks of 10 posted, about 5 or so a piece by different names and for several weeks, you would see the same postings expire and get reposted lower. I guess either someone decided to buy them all up or everyone decided to get out of the market for a while.

They were 120k-200k a piece for several months before the first Tymora event popped up where everyone was getting lots of dragon eggs.

As for the shortage, like I already said it is mostly AH manipulation people have hundreds of millions of exploited diamonds with nothing to spend on plus add to the fact that everyone is speculating at the moment.
  • Options
    ianthewizard2012ianthewizard2012 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,142 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    zebular wrote: »
    . . . Dragon egg gemstones are created from real dragon eggs, transformed into gems by wizards of old. They're used to create magical items and even automatons like gem spiders. As far as I am aware, this is a lost art due to the Spellplague and the dragon egg gemstones in the world now are quite rare.

. . . Most dragon egg gemstones were stored in extraplanar dimensions, so dragons (and others) couldn't find them, which most of them would have collapsed when Mystra fell, as Mystra's Weave was the fabric holding the outer planes apart, while the inner planes (like the elemental and energy planes) remained largely intact. The Abyss is an exception however for the outer planes, it drifted and merged with the Elemenal Planes, now known collectively as the Elemental Chaos.

. . . These gems vary in size sometimes, but the oldest of them are smaller than real dragon eggs, a by-product of the ancient magics used to encase them in statis and transform them into magical gemstones. With all these dragon eggs now in Neverwinter... and the rise of the Tyranny of Dragons... I would be worried for the saftey of the realm and those who hold these eggs!
    Thanks for the lore. Nice to know that.
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited July 2014
    Thanks for the lore. Nice to know that.
    My pleasure!
  • Options
    adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Regarding the AH prices...some people are expecting a significant demand for the new transparent emperor shirts/pants, and are stocking up on dragon eggs in anticipation.

How, an increase in dragon egg price will cause an increase in price of the regular gemmed exquisite shirts/pants. The non-gemmed ones are selling at a loss, and with a 60% success chance (with 4 purple tools), you need a significant profit on the gemmed version to compensate.

Also, with a new class coming out, some people are making gemmed leather shirts/pants in anticipation - plan to sell them when the SWs start hitting lvl 60 in late August.

Also, there is a shortage of eggs ... the first event gave us lots (I got 40+ eggs myself), but the second was....pathetic in comparison. There simply are not that many eggs going around any more....unless there is a new generous event, I only expect egg prices to go even higher.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • Options
    ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Prior to the first Tymora egg-stravaganza, Dragon Eggs were selling from 100-150k on the AH. After they started falling from the sky during the Tymora event, prices dropped as low as 25k.

People are going to need new eggs for Warlock pants and shirts, as well as the new Emperor pants and shirts. 1 per piece, and not a lot of Dragon Eggs to be found means potentially higher prices for this stuff. I suspect most people are picking up a few eggs to hedge their bets before Module 4.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    kirkcaldykirkcaldy Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Deleted post