test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Great Weapon Fighter Feedback - Discussions

Comments

• ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    nezraal wrote: »
    Let's focus on what "every" GWF is agreeing to then.

Ill revise your list and my comments will be in Green as to WHY

1. GWF needs at least one prone, DEFINITELY with takedown - AGREED! FLS is a paragon specific + AOE so it shouldnt be THE prone.
    2. Takedown damage should be reversed to what it was Disagree - NOW that GWFs get more dmg with mark, I think this will be roughly a wash as to TOTAL dmg lost and total damage gained (across all abilities)
    3. Sentinels dps is too low, Destroyer needs more tank Sents DPS will be good NOW with mark changes, Powerful Challenge needs to be atleast T3+ to prevent Destroyers from getting it. Destroyers dont need more tanky, IF given more controls
    4. IBS & Flourish animation needs to be shorter. IBS is fine, Flourish needs a DPS boost AND faster animation.
    5. The 3 charge on threatening rush isn't sufficient to close gaps between HR/CW and TF going invisible If DEVs put control back on Roar (1 sec Daze) I think 3 charges is fine. They also gave more sprint which helps too, Im fine with TR charges TBH IF we get more control (prone + roar)
    6. Although Sprint without CC sounds great, however - the starting takes time - and by this time you will get cced by other classesYes Sprint CC immune needs to go. Its really dumb

All other classes are buffed to an extent where IBS isn't as effective. Agreed. Imagine a GF with Knights Valor eating HALF IBS damage, its a super long CD and hard to hit. CWs have more CC, they were the only class with issues around GWFs.

I think every GWF will agree to this. Am I correct?
  • cookiecrisp15cookiecrisp15 Banned Users Posts: 532 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    ayroux wrote: »

1. GWF needs at least one prone, DEFINITELY with takedown - AGREED! FLS is a paragon specific + AOE so it shouldnt be THE prone.
    2. Takedown damage should be reversed to what it was Disagree - NOW that GWFs get more dmg with mark, I think this will be roughly a wash as to TOTAL dmg lost and total damage gained (across all abilities)
    3. Sentinels dps is too low, Destroyer needs more tank Sents DPS will be good NOW with mark changes, Powerful Challenge needs to be atleast T3+ to prevent Destroyers from getting it. Destroyers dont need more tanky, IF given more controls
    4. IBS & Flourish animation needs to be shorter. IBS is fine, Flourish needs a DPS boost AND faster animation.
    5. The 3 charge on threatening rush isn't sufficient to close gaps between HR/CW and TF going invisible If DEVs put control back on Roar (1 sec Daze) I think 3 charges is fine. They also gave more sprint which helps too, Im fine with TR charges TBH IF we get more control (prone + roar)
    6. Although Sprint without CC sounds great, however - the starting takes time - and by this time you will get cced by other classesYes Sprint CC immune needs to go. Its really dumb

All other classes are buffed to an extent where IBS isn't as effective. Agreed. Imagine a GF with Knights Valor eating HALF IBS damage, its a super long CD and hard to hit. CWs have more CC, they were the only class with issues around GWFs.

Nop.
    /10 char.
  • realramaladnirealramaladni Member Posts: 51
    edited July 2014
    No, no and no.
    Hot Pants

#1 Enemy Team PvP Devoted Cleric

Best rapper 2014
    Alpha female
  • v1rus89v1rus89 Member Posts: 83
    edited July 2014
    Hell no.
    Virus, Enemy Team.
  • reagenlionel1reagenlionel1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014

I agree with all of those except I do think takedown's damage should be returned to how it is on live.
  • nezraalnezraal Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014

So let's refine this list and give it to Crush. Based on everyone's responses:

Version 2 (after feedback)

1. GWF needs prone with Takedown
    2. Flourish needs faster animation.
    3. Roar needs to be given it's control (1 sec Daze)
    Reasons: It acts as a gap closer since threatening rush has only 3 charges
    4. IBS needs damage buff as other classes have been buffed, because it is a high CD encounter.

Most of us agree to this? GWF only. This way we can give Crush a solid response of what we may need.

Personal opinion: I don't think 3 charges are sufficient gap closer. As a Sentinel I am thinking
    TR > IBS > TD > FLS - but I feel there is too much escape mechanism coming from other classes. I would prefer not to use the roar, even it if had that 1 sec daze. Honestly I would be uncomfortable with TR > IBS if it misses - and there is a lot of ways to escape it. It will have a big impact on us. The stun does very little.
  • lazaroth666lazaroth666 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    • Takedown either prone or daze effect, even though Crush already mentioned that prone is too much.
    • Flourish faster animation, agree.
    • Roar - daze or a strong slow effect (Your opponent is terrified, unable to move at normal pace)
    • IBS under the right conditions hits very hard, if the dmg is increased it would bring just more QQ.
    • Considering how bad is that threatening rush have only 3 charges (this isn't longer an At-will) what about an increase to the run speed in Bravery? I think that the TR won't be changed, even less now that the mark is going to give us a lot more of dmg so looking for another option like extra speed might be viable.
    fkze9t.jpg
    ▄▀▄▀ Check out my blog for more information and cool videos: NWO-Battleground ▀▄▀▄
    Proud founder of the 'Primacy' alliance
  • midnightfang93midnightfang93 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Can someone please explain why everyone is suggesting Daze? From my understanding of it, its just a weaker version of a stun since the enemy can still move while dazed.
  • reagenlionel1reagenlionel1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I only suggested daze for roar.
  • realramaladnirealramaladni Member Posts: 51
    edited July 2014
    macjae wrote: »
    And what "every" GWF seems to want is to retain the status quo where GWFs are too good against some classes in PvP or even boost GWFs, not balance them.
    1. and 2. No, GWFs do not *need* a prone. GWFs have more cc resistance than other classes; having both that and tons of cc has proven very problematic.
    3. They are trying to distinguish the roles of these two paths more, not less. Destroyers were too tanky as is in the current version for the amount of damage they could do.
    4. IBS does not need a shorter animation, unless it gets a damage nerf to accompany that.
    5. GWFs have other tools than just Threatening Rush to close gaps. Use Sprint too. Slot Bravery for higher base movement speed. And get teammates to apply cc if necessary.
    6. Yes, they need to remove the cc immunity while sprinting. It's not a good idea.
    7. They should not give GWFs all the benefits GFs recently got for their mark. If the aim is to boost marks to improve *Sentinel* quality of life as tanks in dungeons, make that a benefit that only Sentinels can get; revert GWF marks to an 8% damage boost with no added combat advantage, and add sticky marks to the Sentinel capstone feat instead.

This, a million times this.
    Hot Pants

#1 Enemy Team PvP Devoted Cleric

Best rapper 2014
    Alpha female
    edited July 2014
    macjae wrote: »
    And what "every" GWF seems to want is to retain the status quo where GWFs are too good against some classes in PvP or even boost GWFs, not balance them.
    1. and 2. No, GWFs do not *need* a prone. GWFs have more cc resistance than other classes; having both that and tons of cc has proven very problematic.
    3. They are trying to distinguish the roles of these two paths more, not less. Destroyers were too tanky as is in the current version for the amount of damage they could do.
    4. IBS does not need a shorter animation, unless it gets a damage nerf to accompany that.
    5. GWFs have other tools than just Threatening Rush to close gaps. Use Sprint too. Slot Bravery for higher base movement speed. And get teammates to apply cc if necessary.
    6. Yes, they need to remove the cc immunity while sprinting. It's not a good idea.
    7. They should not give GWFs all the benefits GFs recently got for their mark. If the aim is to boost marks to improve *Sentinel* quality of life as tanks in dungeons, make that a benefit that only Sentinels can get; revert GWF marks to an 8% damage boost with no added combat advantage, and add sticky marks to the Sentinel capstone feat instead.

where did all those GFs that were comparing GWF to GF for the last half year gone now? :rolleyes:
  • osterdracheosterdrache Member Posts: 480 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    GWFs were never super OP on live in mod3.
    The perception is wrong and the assumptions bases in those perceptions are false.
    Only the low-mid gear casual pvp players had unsolvable problems with them.

The only real issue was bugged roar and its crazy cooldown reduction. Just a fix of that would have balanced things quite niceley.
    Now removing all cc from gwf (these stuns are bareley noticeable with pvp gear and spec) and making him less tanky AND reducing his dmg is killing the class.
    The new gained mobility is nice but doesnt help if you cant kill things.

Right now, on preview, gwfs are just flys buzzing around wielding a silly big paper sword and armor. At least, that feels that way when I am either on my HR, CW or TR. On live they are a challenge. On preview, not!

Suggestion: undo ALL CHANGES except the roar fix!
  • twilightwatchmantwilightwatchman Member Posts: 2,007 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    GWFs were never super OP on live in mod3.
    The perception is wrong and the assumptions bases in those perceptions are false.
    Only the low-mid gear casual pvp players had unsolvable problems with them.
    So only the vast majority of PvP players? Well that's OK then. :rolleyes:
    Jenna Sunsoul - Justice Tankadin
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Karrin Feywinter - Mistress of Flame
    Errin Duskwalker - Executioner
    Darquess - Soulbinder
  • rukarek66rukarek66 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Can anyone sum up what is good in mod 4 for Swordmasters GWF?
    I have no prone at all anymore in pvp ?
  • midnightfang93midnightfang93 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    rukarek66 wrote: »
    Can anyone sum up what is good in mod 4 for Swordmasters GWF?
    I have no prone at all anymore in pvp ?
    • Weaponmaster's Strike: This power now deals ~10% more damage.
    • Flourish: This power now deals ~15% more damage and stuns for 3 seconds (2 seconds on players).
    Pretty much just that.
  • chihuabchihuab Member Posts: 71
    edited July 2014
    saini50990 wrote: »
    so i was testing GWF aginst all possible players i can find in icewind pass,
    and when i was PVP against all ranged players threatning rush was useless , cause every 9 sec we get threatning rush charge , but according to DEV we shld have gotten 3 charges every 9 sec . meaning every 3 sec our charge get recharged but thats not happening , or if its intended like that then its clearly not enough.
    need threatning rush charge to recharge every 3 sec.
    1 attack of GF depletes my life by 1 quater , everytime a GF uses there encounter well u can hope what happens to GWF health , either u keep running around use pots and artifact than go attack him, which clearly not good enough cause i die soon after my stamina depletes. takedown and frontline surge damage is too low compare to any other class. FYI i m using sentinel and takedown doesnt do **** for me.
    neeed dmg buff on takedown and frontline surge , or reduce the CD for FS. need prone on takedown.
    i will upload video with players soon enough , even a CW with 27k health killed me , i had 41k health .
    so plz tell me how to fight a CW cause ur nerfs are degrading the class, and if DEV think its clearly enough plz come to preview fight a CW and win against him .

So you want takedown prone and spammable threatening rush back? That's pretty mod 3 gwfs, let's face it, you just wanna be able to crush all CWs like now....I have tested on preview server, a gwf can still do 30k+ dmg in 1 rotation against my 38k HP DC with astral shield, so damage buff? NO
  • saini50990saini50990 Member Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    chihuab wrote: »
    So you want takedown prone and spammable threatening rush back? That's pretty mod 3 gwfs, let's face it, you just wanna be able to crush all CWs like now....I have tested on preview server, a gwf can still do 30k+ dmg in 1 rotation against my 38k HP DC with astral shield, so damage buff? NO
    since there are no changes for DC u rarely go to preview , for 1nce goto preview and icewind pass PVP area and look carefully to what sent GWF is facing there , u are talking about destro GWF so ofc there dps is that much , but a sent GWF dmg is so **** that he cant even decrease the health of HR,GF,CW by 1 quater b4 dying.

non GWF have been coming to forums and whinning and made GWF so ****ty that its nothing in PVP.
  • pando83pando83 Member Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    So only the vast majority of PvP players? Well that's OK then. :rolleyes:

Too bad the "vast majority" of players usually don't know a thing about how to build or play a PvP toon. But still, they have the arrogance to assume their experience is enough to ask for nerfs of something they do not know.

I'd understand if this "vast majority" of players would come here and ask for tips from more experienced players, and then follow them like i did when i was a newbie player. But it's not what happens. Peopke just want what they do not understand taken away so that it's easier for them to get what they want. Or they greatly overestimate their ability in PvP and use it as the unit to measure if a class is OP or not.

Example: permastealth. I used to get crushed by them, unable to fight them. Asked for tips, followed them. Most of the stuff was experience, footwork and outhinking the enemy. Plus some knowledge of how perma mechanics work. And now i can fight most permas on equal ground.

Your "vast majority" of players, instead, come on the forums and say "delete permastealth from game plz it's too OP".

Same is with most GWF complaints. As someone else said, a couple of fixes would have been enough, plus power ups for other classes. Yet, devs went for a total rework and a tidal wave of nerfs. And the fact that your "vast majority" of *cough cough newbie* players, most not even playing a GWF toon, are so happy about them, is pretty much a proof that there's something wrong.

And i'm pretty much sure that once GWFs will be an easy target in PvP, these players will feel like they are winning with "skills" and not cause the class got messed up.

Changes in PvP must be done taking into account the suggestions from veteran PvPers. The newbie mass only confuses things and when they write on the forums it's a compendium of bad knowledge of the enemy AND of their own class in PvP, and lack of experience.
  • someonediessomeonedies Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    That is amazing, now Indomitable Battle strike (and Threatning Rush) will also increase GWF damage by 20% in PVP. Awesome (not)!!! And add the 10-15% damage from flanking, that's 20-35% for the GWF and 18-23% for allies. I guess Mod 4 will also be GWF's Module? (:
    18-23% for allies. How?

You are wrong.
    Indomitable Battle Strike description: "Savagely strike your target to shows your other foes the fate that awaits them. After killing a target with this strike, you gain bonus Action Point, and nearby enemies are briefly Marked.
    Marked targets take additonal physical damage until they attack you."
    clonkyo1 wrote: »
    (This post must be here even if this is not "technical feedback", sorry mods):

DEV Crush, you have a really big problem: Your team and you are just focusing on Iron Vanguard's Paragon Path, leaving Swordmaster's paragon path untouched. You should look into Swordmaster's Paragon path often and really deep, due all these changes are clearly meant for IV, not for SM, so, please, look into SM (the change on WMS is really insufficient) path!!!!! OR, as a lot of GWFs said: remove IV from GWF class and make real paths for both GWF class and GF class

again IV (20+15% dmg increase via At-will power) is superior to Swordmaster. Who's is proper DPS paragon?
    Rimuru?
    Dead 🔪
    edited July 2014
    GWF are also tanker , we need same amount of health as GF , give us same amount of bonus from constitution as GF , cause GF are doing more damage than GWF , with 1 cycle more than half of sent GWF health is gone by all classes including GF.
    edited July 2014
    18-23% for allies. How?

You are wrong.
    Indomitable Battle Strike description: "Savagely strike your target to shows your other foes the fate that awaits them. After killing a target with this strike, you gain bonus Action Point, and nearby enemies are briefly Marked.
    Marked targets take additonal physical damage until they attack you."

again IV (20+15% dmg increase via At-will power) is superior to Swordmaster. Who's is proper DPS paragon?

thats why Weapon Master Strike MUST HAVE marking ability.
    edited July 2014
    GWF are also tanker , we need same amount of health as GF , give us same amount of bonus from constitution as GF , cause GF are doing more damage than GWF , with 1 cycle more than half of sent GWF health is gone by all classes including GF.

well 3% hp from const would be enough for GWF

anyway i find it funny with new belts,kits GF ill reach 70k hp and they can pretty much perma block on preview so gl killing 1
    edited July 2014
    well 3% hp from const would be enough for GWF

anyway i find it funny with new belts,kits GF ill reach 70k hp and they can pretty much perma block on preview so gl killing 1

more funny thing is GWF armor and artifact weapon sucks big time.
    every1 weapon are getting so good bonuses and GWF stuck with reaping strike and wicked strike and not on full strike but 3rd and 4th strike. which in PVP is not possible so they r as useless as an anything module 4 is giving GWF,
    GWF got the shortest end of stick in mod 4 . not single good thing for GWF to expect from it. :(
    now mod 4 is not as exciting as it sounds to be 1 month ago.
    edited July 2014
    more funny thing is GWF armor and artifact weapon sucks big time.
    every1 weapon are getting so good bonuses and GWF stuck with reaping strike and wicked strike and not on full strike but 3rd and 4th strike. which in PVP is not possible so they r as useless as an anything module 4 is giving GWF,
    GWF got the shortest end of stick in mod 4 . not single good thing for GWF to expect from it. :(
    now mod 4 is not as exciting as it sounds to be 1 month ago.

yea a ve seen that, i also would like to know why least used atwills have wai better bonuses on artifact weps for GWF
  • revovlerjesus1revovlerjesus1 Member Posts: 481 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Well, i just re-read this thread again from start... and, as i said on the "feedback" thread, MOST OF YOU are just asking/suggesting buffs for IV's path... IF you keep going this way, then, DEVs should just remove the SM paragon path from GWF-class and it will fix the problem here.

If you dont belive me, tell me all the changes on SM path encounters/class features/at-wills... the only one mentioned were the WMS damage buff yet other skills are totally ignored.

This is manily because these nerfs will proably have more impact in PVP then in PVE, and ppl just dont use SM in PVP since IV is way better atm.
    edited July 2014
    Then, as i said, devs just should remove the SM paragon path... and everyone will be happy, right?

or let us use both paths at once :p
  • revovlerjesus1revovlerjesus1 Member Posts: 481 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Then, as i said, devs just should remove the SM paragon path... and everyone will be happy, right?

I dont play PVE at all so i dont remember to much about the SM except it has no real good gapcloser as the IV path has. It probably needs buffed but with the buffs to all other classes GWF dont need any nerfs, rather the opposit.
    edited July 2014
    These are the bonuses of green quality weapons, if you rank them up the bonuses become better.

Pics: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?716931-Module-4-GF-GWF-Legendary-Artifact-Weapons&p=8517331&viewfull=1#post8517331
    ok! thnx for the info , the preview didnt had any of those legendary info.
    but rage still suck , reaping strike meh cant use in PVP.
    and armor still suck.
  • iceshard2faceiceshard2face Member Posts: 289 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    I still think that Armour of Bahamut and plate agility should be mooved deeper in the protector tree, or everyone will just go conqueror and take these 2 feats to minmax offense and defense.

armor of bahamut is not as good as you think it is the buff only last like 2-3 seconds however it would be better to get plate agaility and the AC one
  • someonediessomeonedies Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Well, then, another add to the SM paragon:

A gapcloser At-will like Threatering Rush

Trade it for Reaping Strike *_*.
    Rimuru?
    Dead 🔪