Options

Protector's Garden key

Comments

• Options
    wimpazoidwimpazoid Member Posts: 504 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Edit: Nevermind, says in key description permanent access
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited June 2014
    The key, when purchased, binds to your account on pickup. However, as Elminster explains, after the event is over the garden will become exclusive and using the key there-after will consume the key and grant that character permanent access. So, you will need a key for each character but you can move them via the mail and bank prior to their use.

attachment.php?attachmentid=16911&stc=1
  • Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    zebular wrote: »
    The key, when purchased, binds to your account on pickup. However, as Elminster explains, after the event is over the garden will become exclusive and using the key there-after will consume the key and grant that character permanent access. So, you will need a key for each character but you can move them via the mail and bank prior to their use.

What happens when the event goes off? Will the toons that moved the key to another lose access?
  • Options
    iamannoyingdeviliamannoyingdevil Member Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    ghoulz66 wrote: »
    What happens when the event goes off? Will the toons that moved the key to another lose access?

To get in the garden after the event you need to give the key to the character you want to be able to get in there and when they enter the key will be used but the character will then be able to enter whenever they want , 1 key = 1 permanent entry for one character but key is used up .
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited June 2014
    . . . To gain entrance after the event, a character will need a key in their inventory. Upon entering, that key will be consumed and that character will be granted permanent access to the Garden.
  • Options
    isammaxisammax Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 121 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    It would be nice if that key granted permanent access for the whole account, coz I'm not going to grind it for all my alts.
  • Options
    frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    isammax wrote: »
    It would be nice if that key granted permanent access for the whole account, coz I'm not going to grind it for all my alts.

Especially when it comes to making more toons when new classes come out and they won't get access.
  • Options
    hannasielhannasiel Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Well, it would appear that doing the skirmish is MANDATORY if you want to get the other daily baby quests to earn the figurines.

All 3 of my chars (who team with a friend's 3 chars and did the skirmish yesterday) are now able to get the daily baby quests as well as the skirmish to do today. HOWEVER, my 2 chars who do not team up with anyone and have only done two of the baby daily quests the very first day and have never done the skirmish are STILL only being offered the skirmish to do and not being offered the baby daily quests. I HATE being forced to do EVERYTHING but most especially when it is a supposed "fun festival" to celebrate a 1st Anniversary. Where is the "fun" part in that????

I have always done all the festivals with all my chars and have never run into a problem like this where I am not being allowed to gather, what I need to get what I want, unless I do some part of the festival I am not interested in doing with that char.

I would love to get the key to the "garden" for all my chars even if it means I would have to wait until the 2nd Anniversary for the 2 chars I do not play often. Looks like those 2 girls are not going to be allowed in the garden for quite a few years. *shakes head*
  • Options
    rhoriangelusrhoriangelus Member Posts: 703 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    You can only get two figurines a day without the skirmish anyway, so even if they had reset you'd have been short. I do agree that the non-skirmish quests should reset if you don't do the skirmish though.
  • Options
    hannasielhannasiel Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    You can only get two figurines a day without the skirmish anyway, so even if they had reset you'd have been short. I do agree that the non-skirmish quests should reset if you don't do the skirmish though.

Yes, I realized that 2 of my chars would have had to wait until the 2nd Anniversary to get into the garden, even if they were allowed to do the baby dailies each day, as I mentioned in my last paragraph. And that would have been my choice if I did not wish to do the skirmish with those 2 chars rather than disallowing me access to these baby dailies as a penalty for not doing the skirmish every day.

As to why I do not want to do the skirmish with these chars............I really never play them often and never in a group situation. So, they are not very good. The skirmish is very intense and other player want to be with chars who are played well and work well in a group so things go smoothly and in the proper amount of time. I am reluctant to be the idiot who makes things hard for others.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    There will always be next year, or mayhap even other events to gain access. As much as I'd love it to be account wide (17 characters and growing), I don't mind. Gives me something to look forward to and with the amount of regular events set up from the past year, this next year has a lot in store!

Hannasiel, i
    f you get more figurines on one character to buy another key, they are account bound so you can transfer them prior to using them after the event.

To re-cap, post thread merge:

. . . To gain entrance after the event, a character will need a key in their inventory. Upon entering, that key will be consumed and that character will be granted permanent access to the Garden.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    hannasiel wrote: »
    Yes, I realized that 2 of my chars would have had to wait until the 2nd Anniversary to get into the garden, even if they were allowed to do the baby dailies each day, as I mentioned in my last paragraph. And that would have been my choice if I did not wish to do the skirmish with those 2 chars rather than disallowing me access to these baby dailies as a penalty for not doing the skirmish every day.

As to why I do not want to do the skirmish with these chars............I really never play them often and never in a group situation. So, they are not very good. The skirmish is very intense and other player want to be with chars who are played well and work well in a group so things go smoothly and in the proper amount of time. I am reluctant to be the idiot who makes things hard for others.

How many skirmishes did you do? It's really not that hard. Takes like ten minutes if you're fast, like fifteen if you're not. On a level 6 I was nigh-invincible, on a level 60 it was a little challenging but fun. And no one really cares that much if you don't get all three bonuses. I've never had a single one (and I'm grinding for 16 characters - I've run it a lot) whine or complain that we didn't get the bonuses, or the fact that I was dying constantly, or that I have no idea how to play my Cleric (I admit it). Unfortunately it sounds like it's your own limitations preventing you from getting the keys - it only takes three skirmishes per character spaced out over three days to get them. In fact, there's STILL plenty of time to get them.

Hell, I'll run them with you if you want, I'm still grinding.
  • Options
    angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    It's only three dailies (Two go-fer and one skirmish) to earn the key.

And I don't think people "get it". The Garden is the perfect place for your AD-Farming Invoker Professions Worker alts that you don't take outside into the sunshine very often. It's a handy place to park them because even they need to have real quick access to vendors, mail, and Trade Bar shop (if you do have a main for opening lockboxes) every so often.

My first thought about the Garden was "Hey wow, the Devs recognize the "Invoke/Professions Alt" and have created the perfect utility-based parking spot for them (rather than at the main Invoking Circle in PE, for example).

Of course people who haven't been playing long enough to have the level 60 "Utility Alts" won't understand the sheer joy and ease of having these vendors and invoking circle in one spot so close together.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Of course people who haven't been playing long enough to have the level 60 "Utility Alts" won't understand the sheer joy and ease of having these vendors and invoking circle in one spot so close together.
    This, along with how awesome it looks, is why I love the garden. They did a great job, indeed.
  • Options
    naicalusnaicalus Member Posts: 645 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    And no one really cares that much if you don't get all three bonuses. I've never had a single one (and I'm grinding for 16 characters - I've run it a lot) whine or complain that we didn't get the bonuses, or the fact that I was dying constantly, or that I have no idea how to play my Cleric (I admit it).

It's more that the people who aren't dragging the entire group down are desperately trying to compensate, and don't have time to stop to type and tell you how annoying it is. If I'm playing with some awful lowbies in PUG who are slowing things down and making us lose all the bonuses so that not only is the thing longer but less rewarding? Yeah, I mind. I just don't have time to tell you, because I have all this stuff to kill that you really aren't helping much with because the scaling is <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. (I ran with people I knew on a L23 TR alt; compared to my L60 his damage was uselessly bad, but the scaling made him less likely to even take a big hit, let alone get killed by something. I pretty much would have had to try to die. Although I do know how to play TR, so that doubtless assists.)

Although the biggest wastes of space are very low level CWs. PUG'd with a L6 the other day. Gods that was miserable. Ice Storm everywhere and nothing but spawns where you can't just kill a specific elite and be on with it so you have to chase down the trash. *sigh*

Normally I'd form groups from the Legit channel, but everyone's too busy arguing about Mod 4 changes to do anything anymore. :P
    Largely inactive, playing Skyforge as Nai Calus.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Fair enough, but my point was more that it's ridiculously fast than anything. Yeah, you get people who aren't very good at it now and then, but most of them aren't farming the skirmish, they're farming the figurines. So they're gonna do one and get it over with in fifteen minutes and you can go back to farming renown. Out of dozens and dozens I've done now I've only had one where we didn't get any bonuses and two where we only got bronze, and you're still thinking about the level 6 CW you grouped with the other day. Let it go.
  • Options
    bumfluffbobbumfluffbob Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    It's only three dailies (Two go-fer and one skirmish) to earn the key.

And I don't think people "get it". The Garden is the perfect place for your AD-Farming Invoker Professions Worker alts that you don't take outside into the sunshine very often. It's a handy place to park them because even they need to have real quick access to vendors, mail, and Trade Bar shop (if you do have a main for opening lockboxes) every so often.

My first thought about the Garden was "Hey wow, the Devs recognize the "Invoke/Professions Alt" and have created the perfect utility-based parking spot for them (rather than at the main Invoking Circle in PE, for example).

Does it have a professions vendor?
  • Options
    theskymovestheskymoves Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited June 2014

Not that I can find. *sad face*
  • Options
    darkstarcrashdarkstarcrash Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,382 Arc User
    edited June 2014

No, but how often do you need a professions vendor?

The only time I need to buy supplies frequently is when I'm leveling Alchemy on yet another character -- I tend to go through solvent like mad -- and then I just buy supplies through Gateway (button at the bottom of the Professions screen).
  • Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited June 2014

No that and the bank is all that is missing really but there is plenty of room for them to add other vendors if they wanted .

I spent a while trying to jump up the outside of the building to see if you can still sneak up there today and they have moved the trees so you cannot sneak up there anymore xD.
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    isammaxisammax Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 121 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    you cannot sneak up there anymore xD.

I can do it ;D
  • Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    isammax wrote: »
    I can do it ;D

I need to try harder xD I used to jump between the building and the tree in the front of the pet store but they moved the tree a bit so you can't do that now
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    I need to try harder xD I used to jump between the building and the tree in the front of the pet store but they moved the tree a bit so you can't do that now

I'll give you a hint: look for a lamppost near the door to the garden.
  • Options
    katamaster81899katamaster81899 Member Posts: 1,157 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Comeon guys, now the devs are gonna see it and fix it :P
    dulopa4e1d9.png
    || Axios Guild Leader || Neverwinter Trade Forum Moderator || Infernal Paragons ||
    Check out my foundry, titled "Akro's Gone Wacko", featuring our ex-CM Akromatik!: NW-DL8J7BY5T
    Erza Moonstalker | Lara Moonstalker | Julie Marvell | Erza Moonhunter | Annie Hellangel | Jenn Moonstalker
  • Options
    wimpazoidwimpazoid Member Posts: 504 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    One day they will be forced to add invisible occlusion, then we won't be able to jump down as a shortcut either.
  • Options
    refracted0dawnrefracted0dawn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 894 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    eldarth wrote: »
    Well...if you look in Elminster's event store, it shows "Bind on Pickup."

So do things at the Tarmalune Trade Bar merchant.
    BUT
    some things bind to Character, other things bind to Account. But it does not give you any clue as to which does what.

This is a scam at worst, sheer incompetence at best.

EG, I had 3 Figurines left so I could not get a pair of greaves, but another character had 86 Trade bars. So I bought four Figurines which Bind On Pick-Up to the Character. Then I bought a pair of greaves that Bind On Pick-Up to Account- so I could mail them to my other character.

It simply does not tell you what they actually mean.

And now Coalescent Wards bind on pick up - but to what? The Character or the Account?

~
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    And now Coalescent Wards bind on pick up - but to what? The Character or the Account?

Account /10char
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Account /10char

Well, that is good to know as I always open boxes on the same character to pool the trade bars - but it STILL does not say that in the Tool Tips in-game, and it really, really, REALLY should. Thanks for that.

I actually use the Coalescent Wards for wep and armour enchants, but one of my friends used to Auction them and now he can't - bit of a swizz, really.

~
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    I would also like to second the suggestion that the garden should have:

A Guild Banker
    A Manycoins Banker
    A Professions Trader

That would make it a One-Stop Shop for my Main character, the only one with a key, as well as a nice place to hang out and meet up with your Guild mates.

No need for Seals Vendors - I never got anything from them better than the gear I already had, but at least I could cash in all my seals and sell the gear for silver pieces.

~
  • Options
    eugeecoeugeeco Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Well this sucks. The key just reads "Account Bound". It seemed logical that I would need one for each of my 6 characters, if I didn't want to have to mail it to each alt to get them up there constantly (as I do play them, they don't just sit there).

You only have to have 1 key for the whole account, and you don't even have to have it on you. It doesn't even need to be in the shared bank! If one of your characters on the account has a key, they can all get in.

I wasted seventy-five figurines because I couldn't get an answer to the (will 1 key unlock your whole account) question...