test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

new artifact requirments a bit unfair

xuelxuel Member Posts: 81 Arc User
So in order to get the quest for the new artifacts you need to have 2 lvl 60 characters. This seems a bit unfair for those of us that only play 1 character, it's like saying "screw you, if you want these artifacts you must go lvl a 2nd character to lvl 60".
Post edited by xuel on

Comments

• angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    xuel wrote: »
    So in order to get the quest for the new artifacts you need to have 2 lvl 60 characters. This seems a bit unfair for those of us that only play 1 character, it's like saying "screw you, if you want these artifacts you must go lvl a 2nd character to lvl 60".

Cool your jets, friend. If it's "unfair" for that reason then take heart: I have FIVE level 60 characters and NONE of them can take this quest. Because not only must you have two level 60 characters, they must be two level sixty characters that have been to the new zone. All five of mine haven't even started the Mod 1 zone, yet.

So even though I have five 60's character, I'm "screwed". too. SO. UN. FAIR.

-winks-
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited May 2014

How it is unfair ? I only play one main but have another 4 characters of different classes that qualify for the artifact quest , leveling in this game is easy , getting the 3rd boon in dread ring takes only 10 minutes a day for 14 days so it is hardly a major time investment , this is why it is a good idea to keep up to date with what is happening on the test server , you get plenty of time to prepare for stuff like this.
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • xuelxuel Member Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    you guys are getting the wrong idea. I am talking about PW "forcing" people who only want 1 character to lvl a 2nd one (and then doing the rep/gear grind), if they want the new artifact.
  • dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    There should be incentives to play multiple characters. I say this as someone who only plays one character.
  • twilightwatchmantwilightwatchman Member Posts: 2,007 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    They're not forcing anyone to do anything. It's 100% your choice to either have one character and no artifact or level a second character. It's like complaining that you have to PvP to get the PvP artifact and gear.
    Jenna Sunsoul - Justice Tankadin
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Karrin Feywinter - Mistress of Flame
    Errin Duskwalker - Executioner
    Darquess - Soulbinder
    edited May 2014
    Okay, playing one character with no interest in playing a second is fair enough. I apologize for misinterpreting your comment, OP. I suspect it's because you included the "level 60" bit, so it appeared your complaint was more like "two characters AT LEVEL SIXTY!", rather than "TWO CHARACTERS(!) at level sixty."

Now, had you just stopped at "TWO CHARACTERS!" then it would have made more sense at what you meant.

See what I mean? So for that I apologize. :)
  • xgrandz02xgrandz02 Member Posts: 702 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Its Okey so,

we get a new Artifact for FREE!
    Just think how much AD cost a artifact on AH ?

200k+ AD normals
    1-2-3 Mio AD for Epic
    5-6 Mio AD for Valindras artifact/MC lol

Also just lv one more Char and u get one for FREE ^^ its easy.
    <::::::[]==0 GwF 0==[]::::::> ● Still waiting for the promised Improvement ●
  • warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited May 2014

u will have a lot of other artifacts to get 1new from new skirmish,4-5 from pvp,1 from lock box and one from new profesions pack so u are not forced to lvl an alt i see this as some sort of reward for ppl who spend time and lvl up alts
  • onecoolscatcatonecoolscatcat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 575 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    If you don't already have one, make sure that second character is a GWF. Their artifact is godly. Well worth having on every toon.
  • abaddon523abaddon523 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    If you want item B you have to do task A.

Flawed conclusion: "I'm being forced to do A when I don't want to!"

Uh...no. No one is forcing you to do anything you don't want to do. That's what the "If" at the beginning of the sentence is for. If you WANT the artifact, then you'll get a second character to qualify for Mod 3 content. If you don't, then you won't.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sylvialynnsylvialynn Member Posts: 160 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    The whole point of the double XP weekend was so players with one character could quickly level another to qualify for this quest. They have gave everyone a chance to be ready for this. Now I have alts that are at level 60 with their boons, but I have a GWF and CW I use as my mains to play (been using the CW more often these days). Even without the double XP it is still easy to get a character ready for the quest unlike other MMOs where maxing your level can take weeks.
  • kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I think the requirements are just fine honestly, it gives end game content players more desire for progression. Learning another class, by leveling/doing dailies, will only make you a better player...

That's just my 2 koku! :cool:
    va8Ru.gif
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    If you don't already have one, make sure that second character is a GWF. Their artifact is godly. Well worth having on every toon.

Now I'm confused. The article says "Each Artifact will feature unique abilities for every class and can only be equipped by that class." Doesn't this imply that, for instance, that only a GWF can use the GWF Artifact?
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    bioshrike wrote: »
    Now I'm confused. The article says "Each Artifact will feature unique abilities for every class and can only be equipped by that class." Doesn't this imply that, for instance, that only a GWF can use the GWF Artifact?

As it works currently, once you unlock an artifact for a specific class, any character of any class can claim it and use it.

So either the info is wrong or they changing it before it hits live.
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    bioshrike wrote: »

Yeah it's confusing , we could do with a developer explaining this because on preview atm any class can pick up and use any class artifact that is unlocked on that account but the news post tonight seems to contradict that .
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    This thread in nonesense.

First of all, that is the point. It rewards players who have progressed over multiple characters.

Second, you realize we only have 3 slots for artifacts right? Its not like this is a pure +1000 effective stat increase.

Lastly, none of the artifacts are completely broken unlike what the Emblem was in PVP (pre-nerf).

Bonus point: each account has 2 FREE slots.
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    As I see it. You can already get artifacts from farming drops. You can get artifacts from PVP. And you can get artifacts from spending, via lock boxes or AH purchases.

I really don't see a problem with a means to earn lock boxes via alts. For some, an option to earn artifacts via griding, is still a better option then random drops or spending for them. After all, even if it might not be your style of play. There is no reason it should not have its own rewards.
  • loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    edited May 2014

This absolutely.

I also think it's not about rewarding multiple toons but more to counter multi-accounting. This adds to the list why one account if beneficiary.
  • rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    you guys are getting the wrong idea. I am talking about PW "forcing" people who only want 1 character to lvl a 2nd one (and then doing the rep/gear grind), if they want the new artifact.

Yes that is their plan. Does it tempt you to level up another toon? Yup. Does it give an advantage to players with more than 1 toon? Yup.

I think it is within the limits though. Read my previous post (2posts up) as to why I think it is fair
  • kuskusgilakuskusgila Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 42
    edited May 2014
    I know you only want to play one character. But we had double exp weekend yesterday, where it was the only chance you able to train alts before mod 3 release. If you missed the train and then complained how unfair it is to unlock that artifacts because you didn't made second toon, probably you should pay attention more.

We seeing way more artifacts in this upcoming mod. If you want those class based artifacts, train you second toon like the rest of us. And like Rashylewizz posted; EACH ACCOUNT HAVE 2 FREE CHARACTER SLOTS.
    edited May 2014
    magenubbie wrote: »
    While I agree that ignorance is definitely not an excuse, it would have been nice if we had known the requirements for these artifacts before the xp event started. That way people would have had the choice to level a new character or not. It's a bit lame to reveal this after the xp event.

It has been known for a while.
  • frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    So the one reward we get for having multiple toons and you want it taken away from us =/? Nothing stopping you making another one or choosing from the many other artifacts that do and will exist.
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Whats next, PVEers crying that its unfair that there are artifacts rewarded from PVP? Oh the unfairness of it all (Insert wailing and random thrashing here)
    edited May 2014
    magenubbie wrote: »
    While I agree that ignorance is definitely not an excuse, it would have been nice if we had known the requirements for these artifacts before the xp event started. That way people would have had the choice to level a new character or not. It's a bit lame to reveal this after the xp event.

Actually these requirements (and descriptions) were announced in these here forums a month ago. No, I'm not going to hunt down the Dev thread and post a link because all that is a bit too late to be of any use now. But the simple fact is: always look at the DevTracker forum to see what the Devs are saying, when they say it. Then you won't miss things like this.

And by the way, they (the Devs) have also given a very strong hint that the main purpose of this three full days of Double XP was to level up a second character to get it into Mod 3, for. this. quest. Though not expressly said to be the purpose of the XP event, they did say (paraphrased) "It's a great way to level-up that second character you need for the artifacts quest'.

EDIT: Actually it was an EASY FIND - POSTED IN MARCH (more than a month ago):
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?635441-Official-Feedback-Thread-Artifacts
  • melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    sounds like it's an incentive to play more than one character. as someone who has eight level 60 characters, each one has been a little different as different classes have completely different play styles. maybe you don't want to learn another play style but it's just one more way to gain further interest into the game. my alts don't necessarily get a lot of play time but i do enjoy playing them from time to time.

to each their own, i suppose.
  • silentraven72silentraven72 Member Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    dardove wrote: »
    As it works currently, once you unlock an artifact for a specific class, any character of any class can claim it and use it.

So either the info is wrong or they changing it before it hits live.

I'm hoping they just wrote it wrong. I've been working on getting the required boons for my DC and GF. If they really are planning to make the artifact stay class specific, no point working on those 2 toons. That means no point in playing since everyone I have at 60 that needs boons already has them. IWD itself holds no interest for me. I'd need a huge group to even think of surviving more than 5 seconds, even on my highest toon! Discouraged player is discouraged :(