test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The "New Race(s)" Feedback Thread!

1235»

Comments

• thesensaithesensai Member Posts: 637 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    There are tons of non-implemented forgotten realms races, such as feyri for example. I highly doubt a race almost entirely unique to another world setting will have priority over these races. (just check out the sourcebook 'Races of Faerun', for a long list of awesome faerun races that have not been implemented yet).
  • gardatgardat Member Posts: 268 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I'd like to see racial options like genasi and planetouched implemented well before we look at other D&D settings.
    486 DX2/66Mhz, 4MB SD-RAM, 16KB L-1 cache, 120MB HDD, 3.5" FDD, 2x CD-ROM, 8-Bit Soundblaster Pro, IBM Model M PS/2 keyboard, Microsoft trackball mouse, 256KB S3 graphics chip, 14" VGA CRT monitor, MS-DOS 6.22
  • silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Paladins before Warforged - FTW!

I agree that I'd like to see a few more classes first. Get more diversity in classes. Not everyone wants to play a CW or GWF (although I do have one of each).
    I aim to misbehave
  • ryugasiriusryugasirius Member Posts: 996 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Oh please, don't make it any more fancy than it already is, NW is already losing consistency even without mechas, pandas and porings, it's already looking a bit too much like TERA (and if I wanted to play TERA I'd stay there).
  • jrfbrunetjrfbrunet Member Posts: 388 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    silence1x wrote: »
    Paladins before Warforged - FTW!

I agree that I'd like to see a few more classes first. Get more diversity in classes. Not everyone wants to play a CW or GWF (although I do have one of each).

Umm, why derail a thread about a new race with talk about a new class?

Anyways, how do Warforged reproduce? If they can't, I wouldn't consider it a race at all.
    Where'd my blinky-blinky path go?
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    We got a long way to go before we get to Tera levels. We are still lacking a Loli race, complete with their own pedo-bear race to chase after them.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited August 2014
    CALL IN THE ZEB!!!
    . . . Warforged are native to Eberron. However, all 1st through 4th Edition Source Material on the Forgotten Realms specifically indicate that there are no Warforged Populations on Abeir-Toril at this time. However, that doesn't discount the ability for a Dungeon Master to allow a player to be a Warforged or introduce their own Warforged Races upon the Realms.

. . . Warforged could technically make their way into the Realms through many possible ways. The most common ways would be planeswalking or aboard a spelljamming vessel. As for "Wizards pulling a Geppetto," they could also technically be created from Automatons but would not be literal Warforged, they would be similar to what we'd consider to be a "cousin-race," a-kin to how Draconians of Krynn are now considered a cousin race to the Dragonborn core race.

• dragobsstitchdragobsstitch Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    With that logic. Then the Deva are not a race either. Since there race can't reproduce.
  • dragoness10dragoness10 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 780 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Shifter isn't really a "race". Therianthropes perhaps?

Also, since there are teiflings then demi-celestials make sense.

Perhaps an easier solution is having cloak transmutes that resemble wings instead (Feather, Flesh, and Worn Flesh) dyeable so any of the current races can be RPed as another one? Combine that with Fashion Neck Slot items, and we got something.

My opininon.
    " I tried to figure out the enigma that was you, and then I realized mastering Wild Magic was easier." - Old Wizard in Waterdeep

"Why is it dragons only use ketchup? I'd like a little wasabi please. Us silvers like a variety of condiments."

"Don't call them foolish mortals. One, they don't learn from it. Two, It just ticks them off." - An Ancient Red Dragon
    edited August 2014
    If the Meche thing was pointed toward the warforged. Then you are wrong there. Since they are not robots.
    edited August 2014
    Well Races of Faerun is out of date at this point and races like the feyri are not in 4e either as a player race, or even as monsters.
  • paskat1paskat1 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    How about Cambion,Erinyes or Ashmadai playable race. Or is it agains the lore or something?
    Theres tieflin already playable race. But Cambion/Ashmadais are cooler with their wings and horns than tiefling.

http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Cambion_%284e_Race%29
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited September 2014
    With the release of the Dragonborn not long ago, it is now time for a new poll! Please use the new one:
    [h=3]Poll: The "New Race(s)" Feedback Thread![/h]
    Safe travels,
    Archmage Zebular of Mystryl

PWE Community Moderator
This discussion has been closed.