test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

NW Outage (3/21/14) [Resolved!]

Comments

• tripsofthrymrtripsofthrymr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,624 Community Moderator
    edited March 2014
    zenzeb wrote: »
    any tremor is liable to interfere with communication systems. 3.5 could move enough earth to snap a fiber link with ease and cause electrical surges not to mention microwave links needing to be re-aligned.

If that were the case, communication in California would be impossible :-)
    Caritas Guild Founder (Greycloak Alliance)

Sci-fi author: The Gods We Make, The Gods We Seek, and Ji-min
  • tcarncetcarnce Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 976 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    it goes now through the launcher, but proxy error while connecting/login.
    using eu.
    guess that is still restarting or something, but tired ;p
    going to bed and run away from forum again for a while as i had promised before.
  • mistressphoenixmistressphoenix Member Posts: 369 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    dardove wrote: »

Thanks for the link!
  • dylanclearbrookdylanclearbrook Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Woah.....Launcher finally came up....but server button is red....
  • iamtoonastyiamtoonasty Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Now if only they could provide some incident status message. Wouldn't that be nice?
  • harbinger815harbinger815 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 41
    edited March 2014
    launcher is working again, but server still down
    edited March 2014
    foosbooty, if you had a LTS, you could post. :-p Just sayin'
  • tripsofthrymrtripsofthrymr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,624 Community Moderator
    edited March 2014
    Gateway appears to be down, too. Not that i can use the gateway very well, since it doesn't support older versions of Windoze, but i can at least check my professions when it IS up...

It might not support older versions of Internet Explorer, but that has nothing to do with Windows. If you don't want to update your IE...

Just install Chrome. Works like a charm.

edited March 2014
    It might not support older versions of Internet Explorer, but that has nothing to do with Windows. If you don't want to update your IE...

Just install Chrome. Works like a charm.

my browers are all as updated as they can get in XP. NONE of them are supported by the Gateway, though. Probably requires browsers that work on a 64bit OS, which XP isn't.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I'm also unable to connect. connection timed out..
  • dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    magenubbie wrote: »
    Odd we have to find out through another game's forums. Even more since it's the same company. The least they could do is share..

It's not like it changes anything on our end. We were already told that there was an issue and they are working on fixing it.
  • dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    magenubbie wrote: »
    Patch server is back online. Login server is still down. You're welcome :)

Chat server is back online as well.
  • vyndrilvyndril Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    if I was a betting man I would say this is the result of a DDOS attack.. But, I am not a betting man. So I will just believe that till told otherwise.
    edited March 2014
    my browers are all as updated as they can get in XP. NONE of them are supported by the Gateway, though. Probably requires browsers that work on a 64bit OS, which XP isn't.

Chrome fully support Windows XP through April 2015, a year after Microsoft stops supporting Windows XP (which is next month... maybe time to look into updating Windows :-)

http://nakedsecurity.sophos.com/2013/10/21/chrome-support-for-xp-to-continue-after-microsoft-ditches-it-helpful-or-dangerous/

edited March 2014
    Chrome fully support Windows XP through April 2015, a year after Microsoft stops supporting Windows XP (which is next month... maybe time to look into updating Windows :-)

http://nakedsecurity.sophos.com/2013/10/21/chrome-support-for-xp-to-continue-after-microsoft-ditches-it-helpful-or-dangerous/

That's kinda like using a race horse to drag a cart. No point in upgrading OS (assuming it would even work on this dinosaur) until i get a new computer. Which is in the plans when my refund comes in! i'll be SO happy to replace this 9yr old machine! At least NW, STO, and CO all play on it!
  • foosbootyfoosbooty Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014

I'm running 32 bit vista and it works fine. It's probably flash that's the problem.
  • drulle1drulle1 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Are servers still down? Cant login?
    edited March 2014
    If it doesn't come back up soon, i'll be forced to actually *gasp* cook dinner!

Well, i'll cook dinner, anyway, but it's fun to complain about it. :p

Edit: Anyone still having launcher issues? i'm kinda afraid to close my game right now, just in case.
  • dyesleedyeslee Member Posts: 307 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    4:47 EST also not able to connect to Neverwinter via Launcher, gameclient, or Arc, can not access the neverwinter gateway as well for the sword coast adventures
    5790248SLdyC.png
  • bullgodzbullgodz Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Apparently the servers crashed due to an enormous amount of GWF and TRs being rolled at the same time :(
    Lazerous - CW
    Ladyhawk - HR
    Nighthawk the Pink TR
  • cybercyanidecybercyanide Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 66
    edited March 2014
    Hrm, got the launcher to load but got a quick patch and server is still offline.
  • ironknights1964ironknights1964 Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I have a 64 bit XP system.

Won't be "upgrading."

Tired of the "new OS" bogged system, the squeezed memory, and the fact that the new OS's do not play any of my old games. Since all MMO's devolve to mediocrity, I cannot find a reason to stop playing the games I love only to play a game that will be nerfed and destroyed into oblivion.

I'll just play stuff offline and go on about my book writing. Don't care.
  • thronbrthronbr Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    i cant log in =/
  • arontimesarontimes Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Yeah, I might have to cook dinner, too.
    Member of Grievance.

Taking a break from Neverwinter indefinitely...
    edited March 2014
    bullgodz wrote: »
    Apparently the servers crashed due to an enormous amount of GWF and TRs being rolled at the same time :(

*meanwhile on the CO forums*
    lordgar wrote: »
    We are currently experiencing a network issue that is affecting all Cryptic games. Our operations team is currently working on the problem. I will update this thread when I know more.

We apologize for the inconvenience. Thank you for your patience.
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited March 2014
    drulle1 wrote: »

There is a problem and the developers are looking into it.

Please remain patient while a fix is done. If you press the PW icon on this thread (from within the General Section) or look through the DevTracker (Forum Main Page) you can find the official updates. :)
  • twilightwatchmantwilightwatchman Member Posts: 2,007 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Oh well - it made me log on and patch my CO and STO installs at last (just to check all games were down). Not a bad thing.
    Jenna Sunsoul - Justice Tankadin
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Karrin Feywinter - Mistress of Flame
    Errin Duskwalker - Executioner
    Darquess - Soulbinder
  • coldwroughtcoldwrought Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    4pm EST servers went dont and still not back up yet. Wish someone official would give us an idea of what is going on and an eta on whe the server will be back up.
  • kaixavierkaixavier Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    drulle1 wrote: »
    Still down in Texas.
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited March 2014
    Use the Dev Tracker or press the PW icon on the thread. :)

Things broke. The developers are attempting to fix it.
    There is no ETA at this time but we will inform you as soon as we can.
This discussion has been closed.