test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Any reason to play a GF over an GWF?

13»

Comments

• doggy009doggy009 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    The funny thing is I do more dmg on GFs than DCs how a DC can tank my lvl 49 gwf 3700 power 1400 crit 1400 ap p.vorpal is beyond me ( yes they die but the GFs die faster as long as their shield down )
    Killy2
    SENT IV GWF - PVP
  • ripyourlipsoffripyourlipsoff Member Posts: 1,552 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Thats the point GF is master of NOTHING! Other classes out DPS, Out Manuever, Out Tank, and out CC.... WTH is a GF to do stand on Neverwinter streets with a cup asking for handouts? Maybe Neverwinter EBT Cards for the workless Gfs?

doggy009 wrote: »
    The funny thing is I do more dmg on GFs than DCs how a DC can tank my lvl 49 gwf 3700 power 1400 crit 1400 ap p.vorpal is beyond me ( yes they die but the GFs die faster as long as their shield down )
    Shieldbash 60 GF ~ Iron Vanguard 19.0k
    Overpowered 60 CW ~ Thaumaturge 14.5k
    ==========================================

~ GF Buffs were great we are much better, please fix the bugs now... Thank you!
  • masterjewstarmasterjewstar Member Posts: 563
    edited February 2014
    Thats the point GF is master of NOTHING! Other classes out DPS, Out Manuever, Out Tank, and out CC.... WTH is a GF to do stand on Neverwinter streets with a cup asking for handouts? Maybe Neverwinter EBT Cards for the workless Gfs?

I dont see the problems you are maybe you should try actually learning how to tank and weave moves together I have little to no trouble and the shield is for blocking damage that you shouldnt facetank which also brings up AP.

problem is GF plays differently and you think both GF and GWF are the same but they are not. Not even close.

GF contributes to party damage by making it so that the enemies are focusing them instead of the other dps and going behind the enemy allows combat advantage to other party members very easily so it makes it so they do not have to kite or evade and can focus on attack instead of survival.

GWF just destroys things and is only good at protecting itself a gf can protect itself and its team.

not my fault you play your gf like gwf if youve even bothered to play one. GWF can mark sure but those marks are basically meaningless without the class feature the gf gets at 15 when the gf blocks the marked target the marks stay there till damage is made whereas GWF just has to get hit.

GWF is like the jock of the game GF is the anchor that holds the team together and the cleric is the anvil upon which the GF becomes stronger. Which is why GWF is always so im better than you its a jock.

pretty dumb imo to even mention dps when discussing a tank thier damage is all spike and aggro generation.

and ahhh my GF is pretty rich.... just because you cant get a job fighting as one doesnt mean others have that problem.
    edited February 2014
    Your speculation on what I know, is a bit ridiculous don't you think? My opinion is mine and mine alone, you may have yours but do not speculate or put words in my mouth doing so... There are far more people pointing out issues with the GF than just myself. So clearly there is issues.

We are speaking on a full scale of the game not one particular area of which you feel confident in.

I dont see the problems you are maybe you should try actually learning how to tank and weave moves together I have little to no trouble and the shield is for blocking damage that you shouldnt facetank which also brings up AP.

problem is GF plays differently and you think both GF and GWF are the same but they are not. Not even close.

GF contributes to party damage by making it so that the enemies are focusing them instead of the other dps and going behind the enemy allows combat advantage to other party members very easily so it makes it so they do not have to kite or evade and can focus on attack instead of survival.

GWF just destroys things and is only good at protecting itself a gf can protect itself and its team.

not my fault you play your gf like gwf if youve even bothered to play one. GWF can mark sure but those marks are basically meaningless without the class feature the gf gets at 15.

GWF is like the jock of the game GF is the anchor that holds the team together and the cleric is the anvil upon which the GF becomes stronger.

pretty dumb imo to even mention dps when discussing a tank thier damage is all spike and aggro generation.

and ahhh my GF is pretty rich.... just because you cant get a job fighting as one doesnt mean others have that problem.

edited February 2014
    ha ha and you know nothing of what i know. My opinion might not be right 100% but I do know all classes pretty well.

theres a reason why I've been here close to a year. GWF used to be odd man out incase you didnt know.

the reason why there are so many is because many people have literally JUST found this game because steam just picked it up.

been here a month and you think you know this game full scale how arrogant.
    edited February 2014
    No I do not, nor do I throw insults of such. I would not tell you what you know or to tell you to L2P, we are in a discussion and you choose to look at my forum join date as a verification of what I do or do not know and make judgment!

ha ha and you know nothing of what i know. My opinion might not be right 100% but I do know all classes pretty well.

theres a reason why I've been here close to a year. GWF used to be odd man out incase you didnt know.

the reason why there are so many is because many people have literally JUST found this game because steam just picked it up.

been here a month and you think you know this game full scale how arrogant.

edited February 2014
    not at all im just saying that it is arrogant to think you know the game full scope from a limited time viewing it.

and it is arrogant. Its not an insult apologies if you took it as one.

GF has tactician tree and protector tree for a reason the same reason that its not on gwf its completely different is what im saying.

they both have just as much to offer a party as the other does just in different ways.

the reason ive been here so long is because i love this game from every angle not just GWF or TR or DC or GF or HR or CW. they are all powerful in thier own way you just have to use them the way they are made or they will suck.

I havent even really been talking trash ive been putting experiences for GF in those walls you just have to look at them.
  • eton3000eton3000 Banned Users Posts: 230 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2014
    should not aim for DPS when playing a GF
    edited February 2014
    I know enough based on my play as a long time gamer to see whats wrong in comparison to the other classes based on MY OPINION!

The GWF received GF abilities and has no down side in comparison to the GF. However the GF is nothing but a poor shield block in difference but has Low DPS, Poor Animations, Long timers, low mobility, poor AOE, poor threat generation, and a poor tab feature.

GWF can do everything the GF can better with slightly less Damage Mitigation.

edited February 2014
    sigh.... im done think what you want the real GF's know what im talking about so thats enough for me.
    edited February 2014
    problem is dungeon design not the class
    edited February 2014
    its not even that its that the gs requirement for the best dungeon which is 10.5K where as elites are all around 15-19k that 5-9k GS difference means they dont need a tank.

perhaps they need an elite dungeon at 17k or make the dungeons have GS req like that for current ones by calling those elite epic or legendary dungeons and designing them as such even then would take months to do this.

and at that gear score there is no reason to take any class you can win quickly with all of them.
    edited February 2014

edited February 2014
    Man i tell you DC out tanks GF in PVP I have pvped alot (not 60 yet) and DC are crazy tanks they stank there tanking my dmg while I do 10-17k on others..do they have shield skill or something? whats duration
    Killy2
    SENT IV GWF - PVP
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    The best way to learn other classes is to actually play them, at least for a while. Failing that, you can at least read the tooltips for their skills (which won't show you what the animations look like).
    http://nwcalc.com/
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    GWF can do everything the GF can better with slightly less Damage Mitigation.
    GWFs cannot Mark/Hold aggro better then a GF.

GWFs cannot Block Incoming attacks like a GF.

GWFs cannot buff a party like a GF.

GWFs can out damage a GF.

GWFs can be more mobile then a GF.

GWFs can take more hits then a GF.

You see there are pros and cons to each of this Fighter subclasses. GF and GWFs are part of the Fighter genre, we have many similarities with each other, heck we share a Paragon Path! :)

GFs are low man on the totem pole currently... I know it sucks, I rocked through it on multiple GWFs for well over half a year. :)

However revisions to Class Features for every one can change that in an instant... The GF is getting some love/buffs from the Devs per the Preview Shard announcements. Things should be getting better, and I surely hope they do for all the GFs out there fighting the good fight and sticking with the Class they love. Props to all of you! :cool:
    va8Ru.gif
    edited February 2014
    Not really, what you stated just means the GWF is superior to the GF in every capacity albeit having a shield that breaks easily. Like using a manual push mower because it uses no fuel and is economical while your ride on mower sits in the shed! Thats not going to happen the push mower is obsolete ( GF ) and the (GWF) Ride on super Machine has run over him and left it in the dust!

GWFs cannot Mark/Hold aggro better then a GF.

GWFs cannot Block Incoming attacks like a GF.

GWFs cannot buff a party like a GF.

GWFs can out damage a GF.

GWFs can be more mobile then a GF.

GWFs can take more hits then a GF.

You see there are pros and cons to each of this Fighter subclasses. GF and GWFs are part of the Fighter genre, we have many similarities with each other, heck we share a Paragon Path! :)

GFs are low man on the totem pole currently... I know it sucks, I rocked through it on multiple GWFs for well over half a year. :)

However revisions to Class Features for every one can change that in an instant... The GF is getting some love/buffs from the Devs per the Preview Shard announcements. Things should be getting better, and I surely hope they do for all the GFs out there fighting the good fight and sticking with the Class they love. Props to all of you! :cool:

edited February 2014
    again comparing youre always comparing. there is no comparison. going to repeat this here from other thread.

Wizards in games are always multi target nukers; the fact that they control too is because of magic which has been the same since the very first rpg.

rogues in games always hit hard from the back in the shadows

Tanks in games are better protected then the other two and is capable of protecting them.

GWF is a damage dealing tank that only protects himself besides his knockdowns and thier marks are not as good as the GF because GF can be feated to gain more and more aggro a GWF mark is basically just there as a debuff addition.

rangers in games are meant to be a detrement to their enemies and an aid to thier allies which they are; present bugs excluded.

clerics are meant to heal and support and buff and deal damage if support is not needed.

That about covers it?

the problem is that people are so focused on the now you forget about the future this game is far from over being made so this "end game" that everyone obsesses over is actually "mid game"

and these useless events everyone calls it is something to do while we wait i find them tedious but fun.
  • lococatt91lococatt91 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 162 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2014
    To say "stop comparing the gwf to the gf" is really completely opposite of what I was asking in my original post.

They both perform a similar role in group, to gain agro and hold it. Some high gs groups dont need an agro holding tank and so the gwf can just aoe dps.

The real question I am asking, is there any reason to continue advancing my GF when it seems the GWF can perform just as well or better in all pve and pvp content?

Arguing over the mechanics between these two classes doesnt really matter.
    If the answer is yes the gwf can do everything the gf does and mostly better than its time to shelve my gf until cryptic makes some changes.
    If the answer is no the gwf is not as good as a gf in some aspects, then, what are they?

It seems to me that the mobility, dps and tab ability makes the gwf superior in every situation.
    edited February 2014
    I agree with you about DC are meant to support and deal decent dmg if support not needed but why in hell they can tank in pvp and also why in hell rouges aren't squishy they are supposed to be
    Killy2
    SENT IV GWF - PVP
    edited February 2014
    lococatt91 wrote: »

They both perform a similar role in group,

Nope, not even close
  • alexgabriel23alexgabriel23 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 276
    edited February 2014
    if you want pve no reason the class is usesless and not needed
    edited February 2014
    The only reason to play a GF now is to run around as the underclassmen always the underdog always trying harder then everyone else and never succeeding!

• thestaggythestaggy Member Posts: 1,102 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2014
    The only reason to play a GF now is to run around as the underclassmen always the underdog always trying harder then everyone else and never succeeding!

Define ''never succeeding''?
    PSA: You don't need to grind Spinward Rise for your Elemental artifact main hand if you have some AD lying around. You can craft it via the Tyranny of Dragon's campaign screen.
    edited February 2014
    Not being able to have progression like any other class without full guild, friend help inconveniencing themselves for the GF.

thestaggy wrote: »
    Define ''never succeeding''?

edited February 2014
    they have just as much progression and usefulness its just lfg is for speed running 80% of the time.

and its not an inconvience to have someone take elites off of weaker classes and DC are only tanky because of thier spells auto mitigation which is not affected by thier righteousness just thier healing is.

and i succeed more often with my tank than with my rogue.

you know you can interrupt your attack to block right and it wont cause cooldown if you time it before damage is done.

dont sit behind your shield and you can move out of most heavy attacks.

it takes time and practice to be a GF and succeed its not like the gwf who is automatically over powered because of its class.