test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

PvP Leaver feedback

melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
panderus wrote: »
New Feature
Leaver Penalty: Leaving a PVP match that is currently in progress will incur a leaver penalty for 30 minutes. During this time you may not queue for any content using the queue system. Only the first 2 players to leave a Domination match, or the first 5 players to leave a Gauntlgrym match on each team will be affected.

this was just posted and will be live on the preview shard soon. please post your constructive feedback here to discuss it.

for reference, here is the old pvp leavers feedback thread:
http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?562941-PvP-Leavers-Feedback-Thread

and here is a recent comment made by gentlemancrush concerning the implementation of a pvp leavers penalty:
Hey all, quick heads up. We have talked about Leaver Penalties, but we are investigating and have not made any concrete decisions so far. But I just wanted people to be aware that is it something we are thinking about and want to handle as carefully as possible.

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• aethanasaethanas Member Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Well, makes leaving now more unattractive, but I am curious if we see now more campfire loafers. Anyway, good to see that they try something about it.
  • angrymanagementangrymanagement Member Posts: 487 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Very nice addition to the game.
    Unfortunately, you really need to add a repel mechanic that kicks people out of the respawn zone after some period of time, otherwise they will just go afk while parked in the spawn area.

Also really need to implement some form of GS matching mechanics as well, to help with the gross gear imbalances between teams that so frequently occur now.
  • loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    It all depends on how good the matchmaking system works. If it does it's job, the leavers penalty makes sense. Otherwise, alongside another reduction of glory rewards, PVP will become a horrible grind for those that need glory for PVE purposes.
    edited February 2014
    Unfortunately, you really need to add a repel mechanic that kicks people out of the respawn zone after some period of time, otherwise they will just go afk while parked in the spawn area.

You can't win the battle against poorly designed mechanics that make people leave. If it's best for individuals to get over with the match as soon as possible and leaving/camping isn't an option, they will just stop fighting. Added fun for you = None.
  • vvv459vvv459 Member Posts: 161 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2014
    In many cases individual members of a party get 'bugged' and are unable to enter a pvp match with the rest of the team, they are also not always able to inform the party of their predicament.

As such, standard practice has been to leave the match and remake the party to include the excluded member.
    If you have not fixed this issue at the same time as introducing this feature you will yet again demonstrate your incompetence.
  • xtraordinary91xtraordinary91 Member Posts: 323 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2014
    melodywhr wrote: »
    this was just posted and will be live on the preview shard soon. please post your constructive feedback here to discuss it.

for reference, here is the old pvp leavers feedback thread:
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?562941-PvP-Leavers-Feedback-Thread

and here is a recent comment made by gentlemancrush concerning the implementation of a pvp leavers penalty:

Half an hour is much too long. Don't get me wrong, I don't like it when people leave PvP matches as it is at the moment as it ruins the fun for everyone. But half an hour is too long of a penalty. Especially for those people who may only get an hour to 2 hours to play every night. Half an hour cuts out too much of their effective play time. And not only does it currently hinder their PvP experiences, but will also effect their PvE.

15 Minutes is much more reasonable, adds a component to not wanting to leave, but is not too steep that it will effect and hurt the more casual players.

Also, making the debuff effect queing for PvE is also a too much. I think this will hurt casual players much more than hardcore. What about those players who are in a PvP match and their guild mates / friends want them to run a PvE run during DD and people only have a small period of time to play. This would effectively make the casual players game experience a nightmare.

A major concern I have with this: Currently there is a bug in the game with queing for PvP where, if people leave and you join a match where they have left, you get kicked. You will need to be careful that players that que in and this happens to also won't receive this debuff.

What about Competitive Premade vs Premade Ques? Currently when trying to get in good competitive matches, we have to leave 2-3 games on average to find the parties we want to play with. I understand Elo is going to go a long way towards this. But what if guilds want to do Inhouse games with each other? This system will effect that.

There is alot more at stake than just a few casual players leaving a game that has no hope..
    Desidus@Xtraordinary91
    19.9k PvP Control Wizard
    <Complaints Department>
  • aethanasaethanas Member Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    loboguild wrote: »
    You can't win the battle against poorly designed mechanics that make people leave. If it's best for individuals to get over with the match as soon as possible and leaving/camping isn't an option, they will just stop fighting. Added fun for you = None.

That I said too in the old thread! If I were forced to stay in a battle and were unable to win and have no dedication to pvp more than just farming of glory or completing a daily so that I do not want to get killed over and over, then why bother to fight back? Even if they push people from the save spots, they could just refuse to do anything besides preventing to become idle.
    edited February 2014
    Also, making the debuff effect queing for PvE is also a too much.

Yeah, a PVP leavers penalty should really only affect PVP. This or you absolutely have to install the penalty in the other queues as well.
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Would have made it 1h long as in STO. Not being able to queue for anything seems legitimate, you don't leave pvp to queue for a dungeon afterwards. Queueing for pvp is a short commitment people will have to take more seriously than they do now.
  • zhaofuozhaofuo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 129 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2014
    i think it would be better if you penalize those people who habitually leave a PVP team, rather than penalizing those people who left the team because of an issue with their connection or other circumstances.

make it so that a character has a leave threshold before he gets penalize (2 leaves in a 24 hour window would be good). and also i echo the thing about this penalty affecting the PVE side, you guys should reconsider this.
  • dodgododgo Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 870 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    u guys saw that theyre implementing a 30 min inability to queue penalty?
  • charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Put ramps up to the spawn points in as well or people will just pseudo afk at the campfire.
    edited February 2014
    diogene0 wrote: »
    Would have made it 1h long as in STO. Not being able to queue for anything seems legitimate, you don't leave pvp to queue for a dungeon afterwards. Queueing for pvp is a short commitment people will have to take more seriously than they do now.

I strongly disagree. You want a quick reason for the games population to disappear? Long que debuffs will be the first. It esentially ruins any gaming experience for casual players.

In regards to leaving pvp to que Pve - I know many players who do this in Pug matches whilst they are waiting on Guild mates to log in for DD or pve runs.

@ The Devs,

I really appreciate that you are attempting to make a more streamlined system and make it more enjoyable for everyone, however, a lond debuff is not the way to do it. A shorter time period, as I sugested will go a long way to have a penalty, which hurts, but not one which makes the game unplayable.
    Desidus@Xtraordinary91
    19.9k PvP Control Wizard
    <Complaints Department>
    edited February 2014
    charononus wrote: »
    Put ramps up to the spawn points in as well or people will just pseudo afk at the campfire.

Sure,

Put ramps up to the camps. But then you might as well put some level 90 Insta kill Guards (That have an effective ranged and melee attack, that can also see through stealth) on the edge of the ramp to deter spawn camping.
    Desidus@Xtraordinary91
    19.9k PvP Control Wizard
    <Complaints Department>
  • melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    until this is tested with matchmaking, it's going to be hard to determine how this is going to affect the viability of a full pvp match. same thing with assumptions about disconnects and crashes. i hope they soon put the matchmaking system on the test shard and that more people will get on the preview shard to test it. otherwise it's possible it will hit the live servers with potentially some issues like legitimately disconnected players getting penalized, etc. i'd also like to know if they'll allow you to re-join your team if you re-enter the game after a disconnect or game/system crash.
    edited February 2014
    Sure,

Put ramps up to the camps. But then you might as well put some level 90 Insta kill Guards (That have an effective ranged and melee attack, that can also see through stealth) on the edge of the ramp to deter spawn camping.

I think you miss the point. The point is you don't try you get chain killed and spawn camped.
  • snottysnotty Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 476 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I think you miss the point. The point is you don't try you get chain killed and spawn camped.

I think you missed the point, try as you might, it still happens. Sure, hopefully the matchmaking system and a leaving penalty will seriously cut back the amount of leavers but it doesn't mean it will stop it completely. As such in a lop sided match why should I get treated as cannon fodder because someone else decided to leave?

Until you can say for certain that players will be matched against equal players and that none of there team mates will leave or give up you cannot expect players to be forced to get stomped repeatedly until the match ends.
    edited February 2014

I know that seeing someone elses point of view can sometimes be difficult. Even more so for those who have less brain function than my <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> dog.

But please. Sit down and think about how this will affect the game as a whole. If both sides are balanced, then you don't have any issues. But when I want to play with my geared friends, I don't expect the pugs on the opposite side to be able to stay and have to play against a team they clearly cannot compete against.
    Desidus@Xtraordinary91
    19.9k PvP Control Wizard
    <Complaints Department>
    edited February 2014
    I know that seeing someone elses point of view can sometimes be difficult. Even more so for those who have less brain function than my <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> dog.

But please. Sit down and think about how this will affect the game as a whole. If both sides are balanced, then you don't have any issues. But when I want to play with my geared friends, I don't expect the pugs on the opposite side to be able to stay and have to play against a team they clearly cannot compete against.
    Sad.

Do you defend exploiters the same way. "I'm not good enough to beat it normally so I have to cheat."

This is just a case of QQ I can't win in game so I'll try to win in the forums.

People afk'ing and leaving is an exploit in my opinion even if the dev's don't find it to be such. It's getting rewards for something you didn't do.
  • skylher12skylher12 Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    awesome news!!! am i the only one who experiences rage quitters on other teams (and sometimes your own) that leave because they actually died once? ... have seen so many so called uber pvp guild players rage quit because they went up against a better player and died once even though the match is close, if not winnable. of course its kinda funny with all their zone chat calling you every name in the book as they bail on their team.
  • nameexpirednameexpired Member Posts: 1,282 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    diogene0 wrote: »
    Queueing for pvp is a short commitment people will have to take more seriously
    Its a GAME! I don't take games seriously! I want to be entertained and have FUN.
    Imaginary Friends are the best friends you can have!
  • cloud990plcloud990pl Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    well... no more pug PvP for me it seems and probably for many others as well.
    Enjoy long queue for PvP after this kicks in
    edited February 2014
    #1 tip: make things earned from PvP useless for PvE - this gets rid of the glory gatherers

And I think it is bad advice to ask a minority (PvP enthusiasts) of a minority (PvP enthusiasts who are active on the forum) how to penaltize a majority (PvE players who do not read the forum).
    If someone does not PvP on the main, or only does it for the Glory or AD, do you really expect said someone to do PvP on the test server? Do you expect them to come into this subforum?
    You ask very few pissed of PvP players who do not get the PvP they desire or want, how to treat other players! A lot of players who are not even aware what is discussed here.

I for my part LOVE the PvP leavers, especially when they are on the other team. 5 minutes. I get glory.
    Do not penaltize PvP leavers. If you want no one to leave from your team make a premade.

Redesign PvP.

SHORTEN the time a match takes. It seems I can not "legally" have a SHORT PvP entertainment. Everything must be regulated. I PvP for 2 minutes. Wife needs me for 2 minutes. Now you propose that I can not play content for another 30 minutes?

If I am in Epic DV PuG with 4 others @ 9.2k GS I also will explain the issue to them and leave to retry another PuG. I don't need to waste 2 hours to fail.
    It's a GAME. Remember that!

The whole idea of penalizing players in any way should be scraped.

Find the root of the problem why people join PvP just to leave PvP at the moment and solve that!

btw, on some evenings I disconnect every hour. That would be fun!
    edited February 2014
    Sad.

Do you defend exploiters the same way. "I'm not good enough to beat it normally so I have to cheat."

This is just a case of QQ I can't win in game so I'll try to win in the forums.

What is truly sad is your refusal to see a world past your own nose. First of all, not all quitters are rage quitters who leave at the first sign of a loss. 2nd, again, you refuse to address the situation of the players who are left when the rest of their team leaves. 3rd, what kind of logic is this?
    People afk'ing and leaving is an exploit in my opinion even if the dev's don't find it to be such.

Correct me if im wrong but if the dev's don't consider it an exploit doesn't that in fact mean its not and exploit? Last I checked the dev's don't just add whatever anyone "feels" is an exploit to the exploit list. Why? Because if they did there would be so little that you could do in the game if they let the player base decide what is and isn't an exploit. And finally,
    It's getting rewards for something you didn't do.

There are no rewards for sitting in the spawn area if you got no points. So in fact you get rewarded exactly what you deserve. If you have the minimum amount of points you get the minimum amount of glory. If not, you get nothing.

I for one am in favor of a leavers penalty because people abuse the system to much. That's not saying its an exploit, it's saying that the reasons for leaving are often too self centered.....like most of your posts. But lets go a step further, on top of the leaving penalty lets make all items bought with glory non salvageable and remove the Rinx daily quest. This way, the only players that que for PvP are players who really want to PvP.
    edited February 2014
    snotty wrote: »

There are no rewards for sitting in the spawn area if you got no points. So in fact you get rewarded exactly what you deserve. If you have the minimum amount of points you get the minimum amount of glory. If not, you get nothing.
    No they can still get points from rhix, and if they afk after they get their points they still get glory. I've seen it happen.
    But lets go a step further, on top of the leaving penalty lets make all items bought with glory non salvageable and remove the Rinx daily quest. This way, the only players that que for PvP are players who really want to PvP.
    That sounds like a great idea.
  • warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    leavers penalty wont change anything only they might be at cf now ....ppl used to quit because they pug and then they go against fixed 15k-17k teams and aslo there is stupid 300 glory if u lose and 1.1k if win this reason for quiting to
    edited February 2014
    snotty wrote: »
    But lets go a step further, on top of the leaving penalty lets make all items bought with glory non salvageable and remove the Rinx daily quest. This way, the only players that que for PvP are players who really want to PvP.
    That sounds like a great idea.
    Get ready for long waiting times if you have no PvE player fodder!

And do not forget to modify the Artifact to make is useless in PvE, else all your work is in vain.
    edited February 2014
    Get ready for long waiting times if you have no PvE player fodder!

And do not forget to modify the Artifact to make is useless in PvE, else all your work is in vain.
    You act like it isn't a long wait now. Yeah I might get into a match quickly but it's not a good match. I'd honestly prefer long queues at this point compared to the quitter games that occur now.
  • cloud990plcloud990pl Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    You act like it isn't a long wait now. Yeah I might get into a match quickly but it's not a good match. I'd honestly prefer long queues at this point compared to the quitter games that occur now.

yeaaa... you queue for 5-10 minutes and play PvP match for 1 min until enemy team (or yours, depending on which one will be overwhelmed) gonna sit at campfire and wait until it's over, now that's an improvement isn't it?
    And if you're not playing pug PvP then please, don't speak for entire playerbase
    edited February 2014
    No they can still get points from rhix, and if they afk after they get their points they still get glory. I've seen it happen.

Again, you missed the point. Yes, you are correct, if they AFK after they get their points they will in fact still get glory. But you keep missing the fact that they still have to get the points first. Which means they have to either get 1 cap and a few kills or get 2 caps before they can afk. Which isn't always that easy and **** near impossible against a premade. I cant count the number of times I ended a match with 300 points and no glory because the other team was premade and just rolled over us non stop until they got us all stuck in the spawn area at which point they start camping it and just stomp anyone dumb enough to try and leave......which brings us back to the reason why they cant force players to leave the spawn area.

But at least we can agree on the idea of removing any AD gain from PvP thus removing the need for any non PvPers to be there.