test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

XynTrynZia's Scoundrel Build

Comments

• Options
    xyntrynz1axyntrynz1a Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 243 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2014
    Hands down,
    Scoundrel Training.
    At Will deal 3/6/9% extra damage to foes not targeting you.

While we are stealthed, we are not being targeted. This damage bonus would apply to Gloaming Cut, Dualist Flurry, Sly Flourish and Cloud of Steel,
    Combined with Mocking Knave that's a total of 19% more damage to your bread and butter attacks.
    Add 5% more due to the Skulker armor and thats 24% more damage while stealthed for your At Wills
    Pop Lurkers Assault and you add 15% more to 39% more NON CRITICAL damage

It's a huge bonus.

I really wish I could have gotten that somehow, but since it's on Tier 4, I could not cut back my other feats by 3 points and advance to the Tier 4 level.

So if you make a Human enjoy your boost!!!
    Scoundrel Trickster Rogue
    Leaving dead question marks everywhere
  • Options
    xyntrynz1axyntrynz1a Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 243 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2014
    I've been doing the Call to Arms Skirmish to gain AD, Loot and to have a bunch of fun.

I actually changed up my setup to be more DPS based at the expense of being out of stealth for small periods of time.

My Skirmish Setup

SkillTreeSkirmish.jpg
    At-Wills: Sly Flourish, Cloud of Steel
    Encounters: Deft Strike, Dazing Strike, Lashing Blade
    Class Features: Tactics, Invisible Infiltrator
    Dailies: Lurker's Assault, Bloodbath

This setup gives me the benefit of Gaining 15% more Action Points
    Very High DPS
    Extreme Mobility/Defense and Combat Advantage by teleporting via Deft Strike
    I can stun tightly grouped mobs with Dazing Strike
    Religiously I take the guaranteed Critical Lashing Blade as I save that for just before I leave stealth

I do lose some stealth as I can't refill using Bait and Switch or ShadowStrike, but I gain AP extremely fast due to the DPS I am doing and seem to be able to pop Lurkers Assault a whole lot.

The benefits seem to be the same as PVE which I will re-detail

When I use Lurkers Assault, my overall bonuses are
    5% more Damage from Battlefield Skulkers Armor
    15% more Damage from Lurkers Assault
    20% more effective Combat Advantage
    10% Damage to Cloud of Steel and Sly Flourish
    2.5% Damage Stack to Cloud of Steel
    and the additional
    15% more damage for 5 Seconds from Invisible Infiltrator

All while getting the following Action Point Gain bonuses while in Stealth
    20% More Effective Combat Advantage from the feat Underhanded Tactics
    20% More Action Points from Combat Advantage due to the Feat Action Advantage
    20% More Action Points from the feat Cunning Stalker
    15% More Action Points from the Class Feature Tactics
    2% Action Point Gain from Elven Haste
    2% Action Point Gain from my Sprite Companion

This has allowed me to be the top Damage Dealer in the CTA's consistently
    It is funny seeing how much Damage I receive in this setup compared to my normal PVE setup, but I gotta say, it's fun just breaking lose at time, throwing caution to the wind and swinging for the home run every time.

I do have the benefit of both my Soulforge, Blood Crystal Raven Skull and my Phoera bringing me back into the fight almost instantly if I get too cocky and die
    :cool:
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    That's pretty much my setup with a non-stealth Scoundrel (TR #3 of 5, oh dear), who I primarily play in a duo with a GF. It's a really fun way to play, and of course my adventuring buddy keeps me safe so I can go for the all-out damage. Plus, combat advantage all the time.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    stormshadow73stormshadow73 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Xyn, could you please post a pvp video for your build. I'd love to see your build in action pvp-wise.

Thanks.
  • Options
    norsemanxnorsemanx Member Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Hah yeah, I did a similar skill change for CTA and it's a blast. With the regen, there is almost no risk of death. Plus this little event is giving me lots of enchants to finally get some of my stuff refined a bit higher!

To answer your other question no you can't have two artifacts of the same kind. THe trick is to use one to refine the other. I know you dump a partly leveled one into a unleveled one for max benefit but I can't remember what level it should be at.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Xyn, could you please post a pvp video for your build. I'd love to see your build in action pvp-wise.

Thanks.

I missed a great opportunity yesterday.
    Crystal, Todesfaella, King Zod[Guardian Fighter and hopefully spelled correct] had some awesome, and challenging games yesterday. We were on the TR channel and invited anyone who wanted to join us.
    Normally I PvP at work over lunch and don't have the software on that computer, but I should be able to remedy that.

I will have to remember to mute my in game mic, sometimes my language isn't appropriate.

Thanks for the information on the Artifact. I am doing the same thing. Dumping all the enchantments to build up my current ones. I am trying to get my Radiants and Darks up by one level. I currently have 4 Rank 6 Radiant's and 2 Rank 6 Dark's in my inventory. The Goal is for me to get the Dark's to Level 7 so I can use them to raise 2 of my existing ones to Level 8 and the Radiant's to Rank 8, so I can raise 2 of my existing ones to Rank 9. I am looking for more HPs and Movement. I should be done by Christmas.
    :D
    Well hopefully not that long, but it is going to take some time and Rank 8's and 9's are just too much AD in the Auction house for me and not worth it IMHO. I want them, but not that much.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Last night we defeated Valindra. With some guidance from my Guild mates, I changed up my configuration to maximize speed and DPS.
    It seems that Valindra and the ADs ignore stealth, so it's only benefit in this fight is to add damage and increase your run speed. During the battle she constantly attempts to summon help via these Caskets. It is imperative that you prevent that from happening. When you get to a Casket, you press F to interact with it and can destroy it before it summons a really mean Skeleton warrior. These Caskets can be locked on and teleported to via Deft Strike and Lurkers Assault. At the very end, she summons 2 rows, so you have to be able to move fast to help your team before you finally just all jump on her and do what I call
    PIGPILE ON VALINDRA!!!!
    for Major DPS and killing her.

My Valindra Final Battle Setup

I need to update this screen shot but will use an existing one as a place holder.
    SkillTreeSkirmish.jpg
    At-Wills: Sly Flourish, Cloud of Steel
    Encounters: Impossible to Catch, Deft Strike, Lashing Blade
    Class Features: Sneak Attack, Skillful Infiltrator
    Dailies: Lurker's Assault, Shocking Execution

This setup, like the Skirmish config does lose some stealth as I can't refill using Bait and Switch or ShadowStrike.
    That is a necessary sacrifice for mobility and burst damage from Lashing Blade

From a Mobility Standpoint you slot the Class Actions
    Sneak Attack: 30% faster in Stealth
    Skillful Infiltrator: 15% Speed Boost all the time, 3% Deflect and Crit Chance
    Combined with Deft Strike and Lurkers Assault you have to ability to get to the Caskets very fast. Speed is also of the essence when a Team Mate is grabbed by Valindra's hand. I can get there, drop a Lashing Blade and start unloading with Sly Flourish which has the normal bonuses from my Feats. I tended to hold onto my Daily for these 2 special circumstances and if I was able to Deft Strike to the Team Mate, I would also drop a Shocking Execution on the hand.

Last

The combination of my Soulforge, Blood Crystal Raven Skull and my Phoera bringing me back into the fight when Valindra just does something whacked. It's a really insane fight and at times you are going to die with the sad fact that you did absolutely nothing wrong. Valindra is a real beotch. Being able to Resurrect and get back to max health fast is a must or your entire team will need to wipe and retry. You don't want to be "THAT" player.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    I captured 2 videos today. I hit my Vimeo limit so I had to put the second one on YouTube
    Both PUG games and I was being very aggressive and targeting weaker opponents to get our numbers up.
    The first game we won
    https://vimeo.com/87404694

This second game my team was really good in combat but we lost on nodes. You can see me trying to back cap to help with that, but it did not help. I ended up having a 1v1 with a GWF and won. I also thought I had a 1v1 with their CW and their TR hits me with a LB and something else and I am dead fast. The end of the game is hilarious.
    I help our fighter get a kill, then I go to attack their TR,
    I get a couple of hits,
    drop my Shocking Execution on him
    Their CW then nails me with an Ice Knife and as I am trying to get up,
    the Game ends
    I posted that to show I am not trying to just put up my best matches with strong team mates.
    http://youtu.be/HLfvWaZdKz4
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Great updates bud! I need to get out and pvp with you guys. I'm on the steathers channel so I imagine it's just a matter of being on at the right time.

I finally got my skulkers suit done! And with the CTA this weekend my artifacts are getting closer to the next upgrade.

You know what's odd? My gear score is higher with when I take my enchanted skulker boots off and equip my scavenger boots with no enchant. Must be a bug.....
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Congrats!!

If we are going to PvP we send out invites.
    First 5 to respond form the team.
  • Options
    nyebba1nyebba1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Thank you for the info on the extra feats for humans. I have one quick question. On your original post you said your right side of your gear is silvery for offense and radiants for defense. Is that generally what you are looking for on all of your gear? I was really wondering why radiants? Thank you for your time.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Radiants on defense slots for HPs have a few desirable effects. For one thing, having a bigger HP pool makes you less squishy to start with. It also means your regen will tick for more. Someone might have a more elaborate answer than me, but those are reasons applicable to all classes, not just TRs.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    edited February 2014
    Exactly Becky
    Silvery in offense slots to help my recovery especially since I have no INT
    And
    Radiants for Hit Points.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Hey Xyn. I saw your post on the TR has been nerfed! thread that you're sticking with the skulker armor which was what I was thinking about this afternoon. I also wonder if maybe there is some happy medium...perhaps some jewelry or whatnot with tenacity that is worth having. I haven't checked out the stats of that stuff yet but I plan to.

Is tenacity just about HP? Doesn't it provide some protection or duration resistance to CC and knockdowns? I'd still rather have the HP, just thinking about how to sneak some tenacity in there somehow.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Yes, aside from the long que times, my PvP experience was about the same. Knowing how impact shot was affected, i simply controlled its use and on single shots, it worked good enough. My build isnt built on crit so I think the downsides others are experiencing dont affect me as much. At-will non crit damage was lower but IMHO seemed proportional to everyone elses damage.

There is tenacity in rings and amulets that can be bought with Glory at the trade of blades.
    I havent had a lot of time to experiment yet. Hopefully this weekend I can read more and play more.

At the moment, though, I feel my eq and build still works well in both PVE and PVP without the need to switch eq.
    We did MC and I managed to get the Formorian parrying blade.
    I now have that and the Fallen Dragon Parrying Blade for my off hand

So at the moment, I have nothing to complaign about.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    So far I am mostly doing well in PVP since the tenacity patch. I am trying to weigh the pro's and con's of sticking with Skulker EQ that add's alot of HP's or going to something with Tenacity.
    I really don't understand why the Battlefield Skulker set did not get tenacity but the Scavenger set did?
    Anyway, here is screen shot from one game.
    We lost, but I played my butt off.
    PvP-16-1-8.jpg

After this match, I had a real tough time with 2 TR's double teaming me for an entire game. I finally slotted PoB and that finally tilted the advantage in my favor, but at that point, the game was lost for our side.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    xyntrynz1a wrote: »
    I really don't understand why the Battlefield Skulker set did not get tenacity but the Scavenger set did?

Enough people use the GG sets for PvE builds that they were left as-is with the option to trade in for a PvP set added instead, with the drawback being the none of the new PvP sets are a direct analogue.

All classes seem to be in the same boat, at least, with none of them having "perfect" stats on a single PvP set.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    edited March 2014
    I use mine for both.

I am not going to switch 4 pieces of gear with enchants just to play PvP.

I'll play around. No biggy.
  • Options
    ariakan79ariakan79 Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Hey Xyn, new TR here. I love the look of your build. I am currently only level 10, but plan on doing a lot of leveling. To make my leveling experience even better I have a question. I might have missed it somewhere in the OP, but in what order should I prioritize stats on the gear I use?
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Grats on your new blade! I really need to get off my butt and run some of those things....I'm just so not a dungeon guy.

I just don't like any of the tenacity sets at all so I'm trying to put that off. I don't feel like a lot has changed defensively (since stealth is our defense mostly anyway) except for that CW's seem to be tougher to deal with than they were before. The CC plus being a bit tougher to kill (tenacity?) makes it a challenge.

I also ran into a GWF last night that I could barely scratch. I'm sure he had a pretty high GS plus tenacity. There was no point to even attacking him. This patch made it funny with GWFs. It seems the good ones or well geared ones are harder to kill than ever but the rest are a bit easier.

Anyway not to derail the thread...
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    ariakan79 wrote: »
    Hey Xyn, new TR here. I love the look of your build. I am currently only level 10, but plan on doing a lot of leveling. To make my leveling experience even better I have a question. I might have missed it somewhere in the OP, but in what order should I prioritize stats on the gear I use?

Sorry for the late reply, I was in timeout.

While you are leveling, you won't have access to the best gear, so just go with what shows up as recommended.
    HP's at the lower levels help a ton for TR's and you can work on perfecting your dodging to avoid being hit
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    norsemanx wrote: »
    Grats on your new blade! I really need to get off my butt and run some of those things....I'm just so not a dungeon guy.

I just don't like any of the tenacity sets at all so I'm trying to put that off. I don't feel like a lot has changed defensively (since stealth is our defense mostly anyway) except for that CW's seem to be tougher to deal with than they were before. The CC plus being a bit tougher to kill (tenacity?) makes it a challenge.

I also ran into a GWF last night that I could barely scratch. I'm sure he had a pretty high GS plus tenacity. There was no point to even attacking him. This patch made it funny with GWFs. It seems the good ones or well geared ones are harder to kill than ever but the rest are a bit easier.

Anyway not to derail the thread...

I am seeing the same thing.
    I don't like the tenacity sets, but see how I can combine them with the Neck, Rings and Belts of Warding to keep my HPs relatively where there are now.

But until my PvP scores come down, I am sticking with the Skulker set.

My Build is still working well, but I have changed out my encounters depending on what is going on in the Match.
    I used to be more aggressive, but that no longer works. The new geared GWFs will just walk through ITC so I can't stand there and trade blows like I used to or pop out of stealth as much.
    I now concentrate more on Action Point gain, and targeting enemy that SE can take out
  • Options
    todesfaelletodesfaelle Member Posts: 1,370 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Hey, Xyn. I saw your message in the TR chat. Just thought I'd let you know that I switched over to a Luskan Guild temporarily, one that is owned by our own forum regular, Vasdamas (a.k.a Shynarra). I can introduce you to him if you guys aren't acquainted yet, and maybe you can join us in our GG adventures. He's a good pal and I'm sure having another TR to regularly run PVP's and GG's with would be awesome.

Luskan is SO fun to play because we get so many good opponents in there. As TR's who have the luxury of being able to choose who to single out, it's like a feast in there.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    I might take you up on this.
    My guild mates would be fine with this as I would still be on voice chat with them and have them all as friends in the game.
    Since the PvP patch, i have not been able to get into a single GG PvP match yet I have over 40k glory already.
    I did run with a PUG group for the Dwarven GG Dungeon today. I was one of the higher GS and experienced players but let me tell you, these guys had heart.
    We toughed it out and without wiping completed the dungeon. Man was it a battle!!
    I know that might not sound impressive to some of the bigger badder players out there, but I gotta hand it to these guys.
    We worked as a team and really maximized our individual effectiveness to become a cohesive unit and most importantly no one quit.
    This might be the most satisfying run I have ever done.
    I gladly accepted and sent out friend requests to everyone in our group.
    Kind of funny, but I am still excited about it.
    If ever there was a way to throw a high five over the internet, this was it
    :)
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Okay, I'll talk to him later about it. Hopefully I'll be able to catch you online before the GG event starts so we can all play together. I'm sure both of you will get along. :)

And yeah it'd be great if we could sort of give people some "+rep" in the game or something. Just so we can show how much we appreciated their company in a dungeon or a PVP game.
  • Options
    schandi23schandi23 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Thx for the build, i will try this one out.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Your Welcome.
  • Options
    ariakan79ariakan79 Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    xyntrynz1a wrote: »
    Sorry for the late reply, I was in timeout.

While you are leveling, you won't have access to the best gear, so just go with what shows up as recommended.
    HP's at the lower levels help a ton for TR's and you can work on perfecting your dodging to avoid being hit

It's all good. Things happen. Thanks for the awesome build and the advice.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    No Problem.

Make sure you get in the TR Channel so you can chat with the rest of us TR's in game.
    Toadesfaella set that up and it's been working great.
    It's like being in a second Guild
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Hey, Xyn. I saw your PM too late a while back in the game. :\ I was semi-AFK back then and you were already in Hotenow Domination by the time I realized I had a PM from you. Let's play tomorrow! Hopefully we'll catch each other then.