test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

XynTrynZia's Scoundrel Build

Comments

• xyntrynz1axyntrynz1a Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 243 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    No worries. I was on a bit today. Got in a real good group of 5. The match making worked pretty well today and we played all premade teams. As a result, we had some tough and long fights. Both teams broke 900 points every game so it was real close. Came down to a lot of team work and coordination to keep the nodes.

I also played as a very non Stealthy One Shot rogue for half a game. I'd enter stealth long enough to get in close and drop a LB with First Strike. I was giggling like a mad man, but I had to switch back to my Post Patch setup to help out the team more. I could have been a killing machine but it was not helping us Node and game wise. Sure was fun though.

I also saved some Seals by making my last piece of Jewelry a Grim one vs a profound. It really is a small difference. I kinda wish I had done that for the other 3 pieces. No worries, it's just a matter of time.
    I now have Profound Scoundrel Boots and Profound Neck, waist, ring + Grim Ring

I also took your advice and with all the extra Drake seals I have, I bought a Master Assassin's Blade of the Drake. I equipped it with a Rank 7 Radiant and my P.Bilethorn.
    My Non Drake Master Assassin's Blade has a Rank 8 Radiant and P.Vorpal
    So I can switch easily in game to fit the situation
    Scoundrel Trickster Rogue
    Leaving dead question marks everywhere
  • wh0wh0 Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Just wondering, how does your build fare against a Sent GWF for now? Do you think you can take him out alone with scoundrel setup?

Yr LB at max hit 5-7k with crit to a tanker i guss..
  • norsemanxnorsemanx Member Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Ugh this game is not easy when we're limited on play time. Finally got all rank 7's one arti up to purple (lvl 70ish) now I'm broke again hah.

So Xyn and Todesfaelle I'd be interested to hear how the profound stuff is working out as you go along. Is the tenacity worth it do you think? All I've had time to do lately is log in and get my pvp dailies done, so I'm thinking that'll be my next upgrade.

I still need to catch up with you guys for a pvp match or two. I don't pump out the numbers Xyn does but I hold my own most of the time.
  • munkey81munkey81 Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Build looks fun, similar to what I ran when I first started my TR.

I cant imagine not using DF though. It literally is the highest dmg ability we have(in any build). I see your reasoning because of your build using Gloaming Cut. I would just use DF and Gloaming however. I've done that set-up before and it worked quite well once you get used to jumping and using Gloaming effectively, in PvP and PvE.

Of course just my personal opinion, but I feel like a TR not using DF is like a GWF not using Unstoppable. Such a powerful deadly effective ability when mastered, it makes me cringe when I think of not using it =)
  • xyntrynz1axyntrynz1a Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 243 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    I have a feat that gives my Cloud of Steel and Sly Flourish additional damage.
    As a scoundrel I don't get the Dazzling Blades Feat so I decided to not waste the points on it.
    For me it's easier to maintain my stealth rotation with Sly Flourish than DF

My effectiveness in PVE and PvP differs with your opinion of not using DF. I constantly kill TR's that rely on DF to keep them safe. I also tend to top the score on my team and the game. In my Guild I always fight the Boss and let the other 4 players handle the Adds. I have saved dungeons by solo-ing the final boss after every one has watched at the campfire.
    Yes, there are much better players out there, but and I am not the best, but my lack of having DF, isn't making a negative effect on my play.

If you can't live with out DF, I would say you do not want to build a Scoundrel or Sabeteur class. You will want to be able to use the Feat Dazzling blades, and it is too far down the tree for you to choose something other than the Executioner
    edited March 2014
    norsemanx wrote: »
    Ugh this game is not easy when we're limited on play time. Finally got all rank 7's one arti up to purple (lvl 70ish) now I'm broke again hah.

So Xyn and Todesfaelle I'd be interested to hear how the profound stuff is working out as you go along. Is the tenacity worth it do you think? All I've had time to do lately is log in and get my pvp dailies done, so I'm thinking that'll be my next upgrade.

I still need to catch up with you guys for a pvp match or two. I don't pump out the numbers Xyn does but I hold my own most of the time.

I am still working on my Profound gear. I have 4 pieces of Jewelry, Scoundrel Mask and Scoundrel Boots.
    I have not used any of them yet.

I need 17 more 2 Seals of Victory to get the last 2 pieces. [Earning Glory is easy]

So unfortunately, I can't answer you yet. So far my current gear is working fine.
    edited March 2014
    wh0 wrote: »
    Just wondering, how does your build fare against a Sent GWF for now? Do you think you can take him out alone with scoundrel setup?

Yr LB at max hit 5-7k with crit to a tanker i guss..

I don't use LB in PvP. I slot ITC and SS and play around with the 3rd encounter depending on the game. I can take one of them, but it has to be 1v1 and I can't make a mistake. If a team mate of theirs jumps in and knocks me out of rotation and they get to prone me, it's over, but that can happen with any class. It will always be a long fight as their determination, Blood crystal and SF can turn almost victory into starting over from scratch.
    They are tough M-Fer's and I really gotta be on my game to not get stomped. The length of their swings is really long so as crazy as it sounds, staying in close and dodge rolling is safer than running straight away.
    edited March 2014
    In case anyone didn't think it possible
    You can have all 5 players on a team outscore the other team individually
    But still lose the match on nodes
    :)

This was a really fun match. The other team managed to hold their nodes just a touch longer than us, and did a great job of stopping our point gain.

FYI - This game was with no Tenacity gear. I am 6 days away from completing my set but seem to be doing OK without it. [Need 11 Seals of Triumph]

PvP-17-4-30.jpg
  • wh0wh0 Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Not using df, i doubt your build can take down a GWF/DC on a node. They will outheal you while your life keeps going down. But i do agree that yours would be a fun build :)
    edited March 2014
    I have a feat that gives my Cloud of Steel and Sly Flourish additional damage.
    I also gain Action Points extremely fast.

I personally don't have an issue. It's all about how you play it.
    edited March 2014
    I am going to quote another thread to explain my use of SF over DF
    kweassa wrote: »
    TRs hit with DF from stealth where they can approach and initiate attack close enough to land the flurry part against an unwitting enemy, or in chaotic big fights -- not when both parties are clearly visible in 1v1. When both sides are visible, DF is nothing but a slow punch that is telegraphed from a zillion miles away.

I do not do any less damage. I just don't get the immunity. For me, it requires more skill to not get proned when I use SF, but I have adapted my play style for that.
  • schandi23schandi23 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I play a very similair build and i can take out GWF without DF, i have to move a lot but i prefer this playstyle.
    edited March 2014
    For the last boons for DR and Shar.,how critical are they to this build?
    In my other classes (GF and GWF) i use Fury and Madness for the last 2. I do that for the power stacking of that combo.
    That then relaxes the demand on my gear and enchants to beef power up and gives me more choices.
    I am somewhat new to the TR class so i thought id ask about me going that route with this build.
    I did pick human as my race btw.

tnx

There are a couple of really good ones for us and it is all preference.

For Sharandar I recommend
    Elven Resolve or Fey Thistle
    I currently use Elven Resolve because it gives us a 3rd dodge roll
    Fey Thistle is awesome if you are a defense deflect oriented player and procs whenever you deflect

For Dread Ring
    All of them have strengths except for the bottom one
    Burning Guidance

Unfortunately the new PVP really reduces your Life steal so Endless consumption will not have as good a benefit if you use that
    If you are PVE mostly, and use the Skulker gear, then it is awesome.
    Augmented Thayan Bastion seems to proc alot. I see it all the time when attacking people in PvP.
    I have guild mates that run rampaging madness and it works very well too.

So that isn't much of answer directly, but its really hard for your to go wrong, just try and match it to your play style.
    edited March 2014
    Jericho and Lady Death

It was great meeting you. Unfortunately today's patch introduced some serious performance issues and lag.
    Hopefully that clears up and we can get some good games in.

You guys do kick some serious butt. I think I am under-skilled compared to both of you.
  • zueodzueod Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Hey xyntrynz1a,

I've been using todesfaelle's build for quite a few months now and I love it, but this variation has me very intrigued. I used SF and CoS extensively while leveling, and I loved their flexibility and utility, so it was a pretty easy sell. Still, I didn't want to move over to SF/CoS without taking the feats and there were reasons I didn't try, namely Crit Teamwork, Brutal Backstab, and Overrun Critical. But with the changes coming down the pike, it seemed like a good time to try something different. I'm so glad you came along with this build.

But the problem I'm having now is with ability scores. I used the INT alt build and as such my stats are:

18 STR / 13 CON / 20 DEX / 20 INT / 12 WIS / 15 CHR

I'm swimming in Recovery but sorely lacking in Power and Damage, so I'm thinking of switching to:

21 STR / 13 CON / 21 DEX / 17 INT / 12 WIS / 15 CHR

That's as high as I can get on STR/DEX with my starting roll. Any thoughts on the feasibility of using these scores as the basis for this build?

I'd also like to hear your thoughts on the possibility of switching out Swift Footwork for Weapon Mastery and 2 pts of Toughness.

I'd appreciate any feedback.
    edited March 2014
    Your Str is fine and Weapon Mastery would help make up for the lower Dexterity score you have.
    HPs are never a bad thing, especially in PvP.
    I think you will be fine and your skill in maintaining a good rotation of encounters and not getting proned will be the key to allow you to work the at-wills
    edited March 2014
    Your welcome.

Thanks for the kind words.
    edited April 2014
    So I am now running the Profound Scoundrel Armor
    and
    I have purchased a Profound Executioner Dagger for my main hand.
    This one was the closet to my Master Assassin Dagger [Which I still use in PVE]
    It has 7-11 more damage, 3 less power, 5 less recovery and 5 less life steal
    but has 130 Tenacity.

I have almost 20% PvP resistance to Damage, Critical and Control.
    I will need to update my screenshots and information on the first couple of pages to reflect these changes.

I am going to re-arrange some enchants for PVE, but feel like I am less squishy in PvP even with less HPs and with the added Stealth and Damage, feel like my PVE is no worse than it was, if not better as I am doing more damage.
    edited April 2014
    I just did a bunch of updates to my guide.
    This was to reflect the new gear I am using and how I have adapted to the PvP patch.
    Screenshots of a bunch of stuff were updated and I have a side by side comparison of my Stats while wearing the Skulker and Profound Scoundrel Armor.

Enjoy
    edited April 2014
    PvP-20-4-34.jpg
  • soujiro5soujiro5 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Hello xyn, I've been using your build a while now. Just wondering once you've reached the required recovery and recharge speed what's the best way to increase damage? Currently have full profound scoundrel , just wondering if arp or power is better. And I know crit isn't a big part of this build but due to diminishing returns in the other stats is it worth using crit in accessories etc?
    edited May 2014
    The Scoundrel gear gives you a bunch of power so I would personally concentrate on other stats.
    Arm Pen is always good. If you can disregard some of your targets defense, that is always good.
    Enchants that reduce defense or have damage that kicks in a couple of second after the initial hit are good for sustained damage
    Bilethorn, Plaguefire and Terror all work very well. If one person has Terror and one person has Plaguefire, that can really combine well.
  • norsemanxnorsemanx Member Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Thanks for keeping up with this thread Xyn. It's a hard life for a TR these days and I just don't have the time to figure all this stuff out. Just wanted to shout out some appreciation.
    edited May 2014
    Your very Welcome.
  • krazypunk117krazypunk117 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Hey xyntrynz1a how does this build hold up to all the changes? What boons do you recommend from pvp and icewind? Also I'm also interested in your thinking behind going more dmg gear thank tanky like regen rings and neck. Sorry for the all the questions lol Right now I'm running a pvp build but it seems like i'm not doing that great and my dmg in pve is at the bottom half of the charts lol either way great guide and very informative, I'm looking at this guide and another figuring out which one I want to try and respec for :D

Btw what do you use for your offhand in pvp? cause you just talk about main.

Also I want to mention I really like this build cause it's kind of like a hybrid guide, you're showing pvp and pve in which I play both but prefer more pvp :P
    edited June 2014
    The GWF artifact is a really nice one. I don't have a GWF so I don't get the option to get one and I really don't feel like leveling up another character.

I use the same off hand for PVE and PVP.

One of these days, I will spend some time farming Dungeons again to get slightly better ones, but I've been playing IWD too much.

I've been doing pretty good. I have gotten Dualist Flurry up to Rank 3 and have found that I do need to use that against certain GWF's to stay toe to toe with them.

In IWD, It seems like a ton of characters have BounceNfleeItis. They just hop around, don't do any really damage and run more than fight. For those players, I slot, Sneak Attack, Skillful Infiltrator and Gloaming cut. This way I can keep up with anyone if they run and hit them with the gloaming cut. With these type of players, it's very hard to land multiple SF or DF hits.
  • bokongskibokongski Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    hi xyn are you still active in neverwinter
  • darkinght1darkinght1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    is very good your build I've really improved my score in pvp, i don't have enchantments of weapon or armor, i don't have enough AD :( but i have good results :D

ej92Dsn.jpg

SpeeGlD.jpg
    edited July 2014
    bokongski wrote: »
    hi xyn are you still active in neverwinter

Yes sir I am still around.
    I just dont reply on the forums much but will keep up with my thread and read all the new stuff.
    For some reason, even though I have it configured, I never get email alerts to threads I am active in.

I am extremely active with my current guild and have been training some in PVP but they are more PVE focused.

I have completed IWD on my TR and have 200 Rep on my HR alt

With the power points, i have added DF and Courage Breaker into my rotation.
    Courage Breaker seems to work great in PVE and I am about to start testing it in PvP

Im slowly working my way through the PVP campaign. 8/10 in Domination with triple kills and wins needed to finish.
    Im not in a PVP guild so I wasnt able to steamroll through the wins like everyone else and tend to only do 4 matches a day due to time I play online. Work and wife get in the way :)
    Im lower on the boards due to my win/loss ratio not being great but I have a 10-1 kill to death ratio and am even higher for assist to death ratio so I am doing very well still.
    I'll glady take any advice on how you guys get triple kills because that seems to be aluding me. I can double kill a ton especially when someone soul forges

I am doing very well in all PVP type games. Only time I get whomped is in open PVP against multiple roaring and cockatrice equipped foes. Its hard to fight when you in a perma root stage.

I havent seen our Tr channel be very active but feel free to chat in there as I have it active in my party and Guild tabs and will respond/chat if I see it.

I also have to update my guide

Im still running Profound Scoundrel because Black Ice gear has no stealth bonuses. I now use the Kessel cloak, rings and belt as they were a real nice upgrade from my ancient gear. 181 points for things is killer.
    I still run the spymaster set in PVE and use the Pfound execitioner main hand dagger for PVP
    I just got the Dread. Main hand in VT and am farming for the matching off hand. Once I get that ill switch to it

Feel free to send me a tell or party invite if you want to run a dungeon or skirmish
    In game i am
    Xyntrynzia@xyntrynz1a (please note the number one vs an i after the @symbol)

Morenthar
    Thank you for the compliment.

Dark
    Those are fantastic results. Keep up the good work!!
  • darkinght1darkinght1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    this is one of my best matches in pvp, but we lost ._.

6PBH1vT.png