test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[Guide] Crit-Sent PvP GWF (Mod 2) - By Diamond Krass Mustang

Comments

• vill0228vill0228 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    uhhh question.. why not use ferocious reaction for survivality?since you mention tankiness.doesnt it heals back 40% of your hp if your hp drops to 15%?or is it the other way around that heals 10%hp if your hp drops to 45%?.
  • rapssodyarapssodya Member Posts: 169 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2014
    I tried ferocious reaction and only see it being useful when you feat into it, meaning 5 points have to be removed from another vital feat. Also, with weapon master being a staple feature, I only have the option of removing trample the fallen. I love this feat for the damage it brings, and it doesn't require me to use feat points to make it good. That being said, I would love to be able to fit ferocious reaction into the build and may experiment :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Krass Mustang - GF
    Diamond Krass Mustang - GWF
    Shadow Krass Mustang - TR
  • notbizzynotbizzy Member Posts: 170 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2014
    This Setup is roughly the same as every other Top End PvP Sent GWF, 1v1 doesnt mean much, It just depends on who Crits and who doesnt really.

What truly Defines an Awesome Sent Is Teamwork, CC Calls, Map Awareness, Knowledge of Countering Any Class, and Survivability based on footwork and Strategy.

Oh ofc Steam, I agree with you. Was just curious about how things went in 1v1 scenarios, since Krass updated his build. Don't get me wrong I chat with him in-game and we talk about builds, go against each other in pvp matches, and we keep ourselves updated :-p
    PvE Perfects CW - NotBizzy
    PvP GWF - BizzyBedBug
    PvE GF (salvaged)
    PvE TR (salvaged)
    GWF PvP/CW PvE @ http://www.twitch.tv/bizzyplusplus/
  • steamroler12steamroler12 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    notbizzy wrote: »
    Oh ofc Steam, I agree with you. Was just curious about how things went in 1v1 scenarios, since Krass updated his build. Don't get me wrong I chat with him in-game and we talk about builds, go against each other in pvp matches, and we keep ourselves updated :-p

Ya lol nice, I cant wait for PvP patch, pretty excited for the matchmaking system, but nothing else..... lol
  • copycat818copycat818 Member Posts: 62
    edited January 2014
    That is for PvE Copycat, not for PvP.

oh i see, thx for the info steam ? and steam may i ask where is your sent guide ? i cant find it in the barracks ?? is it deleted ?
  • jacubojacubo Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    hi

what about dwarf GWF pvp

final stats

STR CON DEX INT ROZ CHA

20 24 18 12 12 12

OR

20 20 22 12 12 12

and 20 % resist for knockback/prone and 10% resist for DoT?

or halfling

STR CON DEX INT ROZ CHA

18 24 20 12 12 12

OR

18 20 24 12 12 12

10% cc resist and +3% deflection

prefered race / stats config based on your experience?

realy want to know your opinion

and... gj with this guide

and is this worthy to focus deflection for next patch?
    edited January 2014
    jacubo wrote: »
    hi

what about dwarf GWF pvp

final stats

STR CON DEX INT ROZ CHA

20 24 18 12 12 12

OR

20 20 22 12 12 12

and 20 % resist for knockback/prone and 10% resist for DoT?

or halfling

STR CON DEX INT ROZ CHA

18 24 20 12 12 12

OR

18 20 24 12 12 12

10% cc resist and +3% deflection

prefered race / stats config based on your experience?

realy want to know your opinion

and... gj with this guide

and is this worthy to focus deflection for next patch?

Hey there. Although I can see all of your stat lines being viable (you're focusing on all the important ones) I personally prefer the first roll. Con should be as high as possible for that resistance ignored and HP. I'm currently experimenting with strength and the cost of reducing Dex; my overall damage has improved slightly and I do not feel any less tanky. At this point though, I feel like it is more a case of side-grading for me rather than upgrading and improving.

Race-wise, I am happy with half-ork. The extra con, crit severity and 10% extra run speed upon entering combat is very useful. If I were to create a new GWF, I would be considering Halfling and dwarf. Recently I have been of the mind that CC resist could be a great route to go and at 20%, it's a substantial benefit in PvP.

For the next module, I anticipate that deflection will be even more important in PvP than ever.Due to the tragic demise of regen effectiveness, we must now rely on mitigation in the coming update.

Hope that helps! Good luck with your build.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Krass Mustang - GF
  • linkingirl86linkingirl86 Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Hi Rapssodya,

Ty a lot for adding your guide to mmominds.com :)
  • myth8892myth8892 Member Posts: 48
    edited January 2014
    you mentioned in your enchants that they are Darks in all offensive, and Radiants in your defensive...
    what about some armor that are utility spots? which did you put in them...
    For instance i put a Dark in my helm valiant duelist helm and it provided 185 movement...
    should i have put something else in utility spots?

also later on, i know you can remove the enchants for gold, how much does that actually cost when you want to upgrade to a better enchant for that slot? and does that also apply to the armor enchant on chest and weapon enchant, can you remove these down the road as well for upgrades?
    like vorpal and soulforged type enchants...
    edited January 2014
    Hi Rapssodya,

Ty a lot for adding your guide to mmominds.com :)

Oh, thanks a lot! That should help it spread a little further and help more peeps. I'll be working on the next guide soon which I'll probably throw up on mmominds too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Krass Mustang - GF
    edited January 2014
    myth8892 wrote: »
    you mentioned in your enchants that they are Darks in all offensive, and Radiants in your defensive...
    what about some armor that are utility spots? which did you put in them...
    For instance i put a Dark in my helm valiant duelist helm and it provided 185 movement...
    should i have put something else in utility spots?

also later on, i know you can remove the enchants for gold, how much does that actually cost when you want to upgrade to a better enchant for that slot? and does that also apply to the armor enchant on chest and weapon enchant, can you remove these down the road as well for upgrades?
    like vorpal and soulforged type enchants...

Hey there. I updated the guide to reflect my utility slot choice - which was darks, just like you. You cant beat more movement speed in a game where getting to nodes and capping them win the day.

On the subject of removing enchants for gold, I don't remember off the top of my head, but the cost to remove is between 1.5g - 2.5g and is no more than that for any slot.

Hope that helps,

good luck!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Krass Mustang - GF
  • al3xmerceral3xmercer Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Is there any big difference between Iron Vanguard and Swordmaster paragon paths ?
    Your Touch MY BLISS!
    edited January 2014
    Yes, if you respec on test server or otherwise, you will see which paths grant which powers. Iron vanguard has the best powers for pvp by far.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Krass Mustang - GF
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    rapssodya wrote: »
    On the subject of removing enchants for gold, I don't remember off the top of my head, but the cost to remove is between 1.5g - 2.5g and is no more than that for any slot.

To remove an enchantment from a level 60 blue costs 1.5 gold and from an epic is 2.5 gold. Type and rank of enchantment doesn't matter. The cost scales with item rarity and level. I don't know how they handle it with Mulhorands.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • al3xmerceral3xmercer Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Yes, if you respec on test server or otherwise, you will see which paths grant which powers. Iron vanguard has the best powers for pvp by far.

Iron Vanguard can make damage on PvE too?
    Your Touch MY BLISS!
    edited January 2014
    Yes it can. I am no expert on PvE builds, but Sure Stike switched out for Wicked Stike and Takedown switched out for Restoring strike gives you very decent DPS in dungeons. Add a well geared Ioun stone and you have a respectable amount of DPS plus the inherent tankiness of a sentinal. Threatening rush is also great for marking targets and taking mob/add aggro from the rest of your party.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Krass Mustang - GF
  • arcmoon99arcmoon99 Member Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Saw your PvP video and now I'm here lol. Looking forward to results from your obviously amazing build :)
    Arc, proud officer of Novus Ordo
    bannernwf_zps00ed5b05.jpg
    New to the game? Check out my build guide to give you an idea on how to set up your characters!
    edited January 2014
    hey diamond would like to ask something , since the patch is going to have a great reduce crit damage? are you still going to stilck with vorp ? or change to something like terror or plagufire ?
    edited January 2014
    arcmoon99 wrote: »
    Saw your PvP video and now I'm here lol. Looking forward to results from your obviously amazing build :)

Heya, thanks for the compliment. Hope ya have fun with the build :D Ideally I would have an emblem of seladine (however ya spell it) rather than blood crystal as it's pretty OP right now but I'm happy with everything else.

Hi copycat - I'm waiting for the full mod 3 release before I decide but I am comeidering plague fire, bronzewood and feytouched.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Krass Mustang - GF
    edited January 2014
    Good choice diamond but one thing!!! Bronze wood?? A gwp like u already have about like about 33-35% resistance ignored so my problem is why bronzewood? Is terror also in your consideration as well ?
    edited January 2014
    I imagine that the majority of players will be building more defensively once healing gets nerfed, so I'm thinking to use defense/resistance reducing effects in order to counteract the reduction in crits. Terror is also something I may consider, yes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Krass Mustang - GF
  • gvstonergvstoner Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I got a IV Sentinel GWF with a GS of 14.3k in PVP and I have a couple of questions for you.
    The build I took was Leeroy Jenkins IV Sentinel build with a few tweaks of my own for PVP (such as the ferocious reaction feat).

Your class features got my doubting my choice, you're using Trample the Fallen & Weapon Mastery but I'm using Bravery & Ferocious Reaction.
    I figured I'm already full tank, might as well go for an even better one with Bravery's deflection & Ferocious Reaction's healing instead of adding 15% more DPS (15% of next to nothing, will be no big help)

And Weapon Mastery, those stacks really don't last all too long, when your target starts running your buff is gone. Is it really that great for PVP? I get it you can TR when they're running to keep up stacks, but still, I never liked stacks in PVP (why I'm running with a Terror enchant instead of Plaguefire)

So my question here really is, how great is Weapon Mastery for PVP? Better than Trample the Fallen? Should I be switching out Bravery or Ferocious Reaction for one?

Alright next topic, stats. Since I'm full tank (2x titan 2x imposing, greater rings of health, thickgristle belt, titan weapon/offhand, etc) I hardly have any offensive stats. 0 crit, a bit over 2k power & 1k arp (dark gems in offensive slots).
    Should I switch 2x imposing with 2x GG pvp? I'd lose some defensive stats but gain a lot of offensive stats. What's your opinion on this?

And Lastly, your encounter choices. TD / FLS / IBS. I'm running Healing Strike / FLS / IBS. But I started noticing, Healing Strike's heal isn't really 'great', although it has decent damage.
    Is the extra stun from TD more valuable than great damage & a below average heal from Healing Strike?

Think that's pretty much all I can think of right now. Thanks in advance.
    edited January 2014
    Hard to tell without looking at your feats and gateway. Mind linking it for us?
    PvP GWF - BizzyBedBug
    PvE GF (salvaged)
    PvE TR (salvaged)
    edited January 2014
    Couldn't log on to show screenshots of my build & gear due to maintenance but as soon as the server is up i'll have some screenshots.
  • kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Great build, bud... :)
    I imagine that the majority of players will be building more defensively once healing gets nerfed, so I'm thinking to use defense/resistance reducing effects in order to counteract the reduction in crits. Terror is also something I may consider, yes.
    Just saying I made this last August...

RvyZgft.png
    va8Ru.gif
    edited January 2014
    gvstoner wrote: »
    Couldn't log on to show screenshots of my build & gear due to maintenance but as soon as the server is up i'll have some screenshots.

Try using gateway, replace toonamehere with your char name.
    http://gateway.playneverwinter.com/locked.html#char(toonamehere@gvstoner)/charactersheet

and heres the feat calc:
    http://nwcalc.com/gwf?b=cn4:13ydj4:13ydj4,1000000:100000:100000:100000&h=0&p=smr

No need for screenshot!
    PvP GWF - BizzyBedBug
    PvE GF (salvaged)
    PvE TR (salvaged)
    edited January 2014
    Neverwinter Gateway is currently undergoing maintenance.

Please try again later.

I'll just wait half an hour, maintenance should be over if there's no delays.
    edited January 2014
    Oh <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, youre right.
    Use the feat calc then :-p
    PvP GWF - BizzyBedBug
    PvE GF (salvaged)
    PvE TR (salvaged)
    edited January 2014
    Okay so here are my feats:
    http://i.imgur.com/LGgCnZx.png

And my stats/gear:
    http://i.imgur.com/zmxowMx.png
    This was with Campfire buff & Potion of heroism. So primary/secondary attributes -2, the others -1

Def slots are radiant rank 7s, off slots are dark rank 7s
    Weapon: Normal terror
    Armor: Lesser soulforged

To summarize my previous questions again:
    1) Swap Bravery/Ferocious Reaction for Weapon Master/Trample the Fallen, just one, both or none? Note: I have the Ferocious Reaction feat instead of the feat that reduces defence everytime I crit & stacks to 5. I have 0 crit, my crit chance sucks, there's no way I can keep 5 stacks up.

2) Swap my 2x scrapper pieces for 2x GG pvp pieces? Lose defense, gain offense. I'm just afraid I'll get too squishy if I change my class features & my gear.

3) I'm using Restoring Stike instead of Take Down. Does the stun outweigh the heal & more damage? With Trample the Fallen, Take Down would probably be a better option, but see question 1.

There that should be all!

Actually got a 4th question.

4) Should I reroll my Ability Score? Sacrifice some STR for DEX? If so, how much would be ideal?
  • kaylos29kaylos29 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    gvstoner wrote: »
    I got a IV Sentinel GWF with a GS of 14.3k in PVP and I have a couple of questions for you.
    The build I took was Leeroy Jenkins IV Sentinel build with a few tweaks of my own for PVP (such as the ferocious reaction feat).

Your class features got my doubting my choice, you're using Trample the Fallen & Weapon Mastery but I'm using Bravery & Ferocious Reaction.
    I figured I'm already full tank, might as well go for an even better one with Bravery's deflection & Ferocious Reaction's healing instead of adding 15% more DPS (15% of next to nothing, will be no big help)

And Weapon Mastery, those stacks really don't last all too long, when your target starts running your buff is gone. Is it really that great for PVP? I get it you can TR when they're running to keep up stacks, but still, I never liked stacks in PVP (why I'm running with a Terror enchant instead of Plaguefire)

So my question here really is, how great is Weapon Mastery for PVP? Better than Trample the Fallen? Should I be switching out Bravery or Ferocious Reaction for one?

Alright next topic, stats. Since I'm full tank (2x titan 2x imposing, greater rings of health, thickgristle belt, titan weapon/offhand, etc) I hardly have any offensive stats. 0 crit, a bit over 2k power & 1k arp (dark gems in offensive slots).
    Should I switch 2x imposing with 2x GG pvp? I'd lose some defensive stats but gain a lot of offensive stats. What's your opinion on this?

And Lastly, your encounter choices. TD / FLS / IBS. I'm running Healing Strike / FLS / IBS. But I started noticing, Healing Strike's heal isn't really 'great', although it has decent damage.
    Is the extra stun from TD more valuable than great damage & a below average heal from Healing Strike?

Think that's pretty much all I can think of right now. Thanks in advance.

Weapon Mastery is a must as a sentinel, as it also gives you a permanent 5 AC. A flat 2.5% Damage resistance bonus = over a 5% damage reduction when over 50% DR. The stacks don;t need to last long, as you shouldn't depend on the crit as you should already have a decent crit. They go up fast anyways with Sure Strike and Threatening Rush puts up 2 at once since the mark counts as a separate attack.

Why Trample the Fallen? 15% more damage to controlled Targets. Notice the Powers he is using. Takedown, Frontline Surge, Savage Advance, and Indomitable Strength, and IBS. 4 of the 5 are controlling Powers, which automatically gain the 15% damage boost, and also serve to set-up landing IBS, which is our nuke. If you are focused on survival alone, changing Trample the Fallen out for Bravery, Takedown for Roar, and IBS for Restoring Strike are not bad choices. But you lose the ability to put that you are going to die near me pressure on the enemy, which allows them to operate in a more free manner to kill you.

If you have 2 peices of the GG set, I would recommend using them with 2 pc Titan's. I use the Arms/Head from GG, Titan's Chest/Boots. Another way to add offense without losing much health is to use the ArPen/Crit Belt and a ArPen/Crit/Recovery Ring in place of one of my Rings of Health, both of which come with defensive slots to put Radiants in. I use the ArPen/Crit/Regen Blue neck as well. Got a Lantern? It helps with Crit and ArPen. Waters is more important to have at epic, but if you can afford it, the 3rd Artifact should be the Lantern.

If you notice a trend, it is ArPen/Crit over Power. Once those are up, crit to about 2K, ArPen up to 2200-2400, then get the Power up as much as possible. Make sure you have Deep Gash in your build. Even with the lower Power of a PvP build, Deep Gash adds a ton of damage.
    Mindflayer - Exodus
    Daria - Dwarf Sentinel GWF (mistaken for Halfling a lot)
    Karia (aka "The Pug") - Human Combat HR
    Kayd - Human Conqueror GF - Retired