Okay so here are my feats:
    http://i.imgur.com/LGgCnZx.png

And my stats/gear:
    http://i.imgur.com/zmxowMx.png

Def slots are radiant rank 7s, off slots are dark rank 7s
    Weapon: Normal terror
    Armor: Lesser soulforged

To summarize my previous questions again:
    1) Swap Bravery/Ferocious Reaction for Weapon Master/Trample the Fallen, just one, both or none? Note: I have the Ferocious Reaction feat instead of the feat that reduces defence everytime I crit & stacks to 5. I have 0 crit, my crit chance sucks, there's no way I can keep 5 stacks up.

2) Swap my 2x scrapper pieces for 2x GG pvp pieces? Lose defense, gain offense. I'm just afraid I'll get too squishy if I change my class features & my gear.

3) I'm using Restoring Stike instead of Take Down. Does the stun outweigh the heal & more damage? With Trample the Fallen, Take Down would probably be a better option, but see question 1.

There that should be all!

1) Swap both. You do not need to crit to get weapon master up. It stacks everytime you hit, 2x per threatening rush. As you add crit to your build, look to respec for Student of the Sword. Everytime you crit, it gives you a stack for 5% damage up to a 3 stack. That is a 15% damage boost debuff on the target that affects everyone, not just you. Even if your crit is only 30% with Weapon Mastery up, you will still see SotS up a lot.

2) Yes, do it now. You can afford to lose the defensiveness as long as you learn how to be offensive so people are afraid to come near you.

3) Takedown, short cooldown and rests to about a 3 second cooldown if you miss. You can actually start a full CC rotation that will kill most of takedown, Threatening Rush, Frontline Surge, IBS. That combo is vicious.

4) Drop 3 points from Powerful Defense for the 3% crit feat. You need Crit.

5) Greater or Perfect Vorpal is Ideal. Plaguefire and Bronzewood are good substitutes for the poor. I know, I did it for a long time.

6) I forgot to add that Weapon Mastery stacks also adds Deflect, so it makes up for the loss of some your defensive stats.

7) Stats, Con and Dex. Whatever your starting stats were, ignore adding to Str. Con give ArPen/Health (ideal), Dex gives your needed crit and deflection.
    Mindflayer - Exodus
    Daria - Dwarf Sentinel GWF (mistaken for Halfling a lot)
    Karia (aka "The Pug") - Human Combat HR
    Kayd - Human Conqueror GF - Retired
  • copycat818copycat818 Member Posts: 62
    edited January 2014
    nice answer here kaylos
  • gvstonergvstoner Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Thanks for the reply kaylos29. I'll respec, get student of the sword and the crit feat and put my pts in con/dex.

I'll have to do some GG coin farms still, always do GG on my CW, so I don't have any GG pieces yet but it shouldn't take too long I hope.

Would you recommend plague fire over terror? Could get a lesser Vorpal but not enough cash yet for a normal one.
    Maybe save up some more diamonds, sell my normal terror and buy normal vorpal?

Edit: I forgot about boons.
    I had the tank boons from dread ring (def, deflection). Should I drop those and go for 250 power & 250 crit instead?
    And Sharandar, 125 crit or 125 power?

Thanks again :o
  • kaylos29kaylos29 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Stick with the Defense/Deflect boons. The GG set and belt/ring will give you enough. I went with power since I have enough crit from gear that diminsihing returns is kicking in hard. Vorpal is ideal, but the lesser is hardly worth it. A regular bronzewood is cheap while you work on another enchant like Plaguefire or Vorpal.
    Mindflayer - Exodus
    edited January 2014
    kaylos29 wrote: »
    Stick with the Defense/Deflect boons. The GG set and belt/ring will give you enough. I went with power since I have enough crit from gear that diminsihing returns is kicking in hard. Vorpal is ideal, but the lesser is hardly worth it. A regular bronzewood is cheap while you work on another enchant like Plaguefire or Vorpal.

Alright thanks.
    I'll stick with my normal terror until I can afford a normal vorpal then.

For now I'm not going to switch my greater rings of health yet (not until the regen nerf in mod3) so should I still take the tank boons?
    And from the top of my head I'm not sure what neck & belt you're talking about. Could you post the stats here? I might use belt/neck but keep my greater rings of health.
    edited January 2014
    Ancient Fugitive's Belt of Revolt (HP, Crit, ArPen, Def Slot) and Ancient Necromancer's Ring of Undeath (Crit, Recovery, Arpen, Def Slot).
    Mindflayer - Exodus
    edited January 2014
    Big thanks for all the help. I'm all out of questions. Time to farm GG and proceed to facerape in PVP with a somewhat more offensive build.

Still pretty tanky now with crit/arpen neck and crit/arpen/hp belt, 2x gg, trample the fallen & weapon master.
    With 5 stacks of weapon master i'm at 38% crit and 32% deflection, 45% damage resistance and 36k hp but I'm dealing loads more damage.

I'm liking this build a lot!
    edited January 2014
    Glad we could help :)
    Mindflayer - Exodus
  • overddriveoverddrive Member Posts: 722 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2014
    Thanks for this build and guide, I respec'd several days ago into a very slightly modified version of this, and have been really happy with
    the results. Great for pvp and insane for pve...this really makes the most of what gwf can do, all around.
    PanzerJäger HR Hybrid
    Jugger Conq GF
  • rapssodyarapssodya Member Posts: 169 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2014
    Thanks for covering for me Daria haha, always good to have your observations on the forum.

I'm glad that the guide seems to be helping people so far!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Krass Mustang - GF
    Diamond Krass Mustang - GWF
    Shadow Krass Mustang - TR
  • myth8892myth8892 Member Posts: 48
    edited February 2014
    Screenshot of your boons would be nice if you would not mind updating the first page...
    Would be interested in what you actually took and for the reason, I know some are self explanitory but some choices like crit over power or vice versa and for what reason...

Thanks Very Much
  • northe1northe1 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Very helpful sir thank u
    edited February 2014
    You're welcome north ;) GL

Myth, good point. I'll get to work on that asap.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Krass Mustang - GF
  • geelawgeelaw Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    thank you sir, this is agreat build.. now im debating on... soulforged or negation. so hard to choose from lol
    edited February 2014
    what do you think about plague fire instead of vorpal?
  • rantilous1rantilous1 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Hi Krass,

this is my first ever post in the forum, and although I downloaded the game many month ago never had a chance to play it. So my first toon guess what is a GWF.

he is now 26th, having a great time playing him. My build so far is very close to your build, the only difference except the level difference will be around stats. My stats at the moment are STR 19, CON 17, DEX 16. Which if my calculation is right at 60 will give me three seats around 20.

I can see you have gone for more Dex and Con, so question is how much of trouble am I going to be in with less stats?

btw great guide and really helpfully for starter players like me.

keep up the good work.

Grumsh-One Eye
  • kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Hey Krass, check you're PMs mi amigo. :cool:
    va8Ru.gif
  • wedigarwedigar Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Pretty much the same build as mine. The only real difference is my gear and enchants. I have 2 sets I tend to run. One that stacks more power + lifesteal, with Ancient rings, belt and neck, and another that increases my regen, crit, delfection, with Dread Legion jewellery. I do just fine with both, so it's just preference really. As for armor and weapon enchants, I use Perfect Elven Battle, instead of Soulforge. Soulforge is great, obviously, but as a class that very rarely goes down, the benefit from it is so low, it's basically useless for me, compared to the 200% reduced duration of things like roots and ice. Weapon enchant, I went with plague fire. The first hits aren't as strong as with a vorpal, but with the debuffs applied, the damage difference is negligible. And with the Rampaging Madness boon, it takes about 2-3 seconds to build 50 stacks, thanks to the DoT. I went with all Savage Rank 8's in my gear, Offensive and Defensive. 120 crit and arpen for offense and 480 hp and 120 life steal for defense. Great combination. Sure, I have lower HP, but it's not really an issue for me. I survive much longer with this setup, than I did when I used to have 40k hp, and no lifesteal/crit.

And as for races, I don't know why you didn't bother to mention Dwarf. 20% resistance to repel and knockbacks, and 10% resistance to DoT. Resisting takedown/bull charge/frontline 20% of the time is huge, especially in a 1 v 1, and the DoT resistance makes me pretty much impossible for a Bilethorn rogue to kill.

This is my current gear setup, with the lifesteal set on, and no companion.
    Harry2.png
    edited February 2014
    wedigar wrote: »
    Pretty much the same build as mine. The only real difference is my gear and enchants. I have 2 sets I tend to run. One that stacks more power + lifesteal, with Ancient rings, belt and neck, and another that increases my regen, crit, delfection, with Dread Legion jewellery. I do just fine with both, so it's just preference really. As for armor and weapon enchants, I use Perfect Elven Battle, instead of Soulforge. Soulforge is great, obviously, but as a class that very rarely goes down, the benefit from it is so low, it's basically useless for me, compared to the 200% reduced duration of things like roots and ice. Weapon enchant, I went with plague fire. The first hits aren't as strong as with a vorpal, but with the debuffs applied, the damage difference is negligible. And with the Rampaging Madness boon, it takes about 2-3 seconds to build 50 stacks, thanks to the DoT. I went with all Savage Rank 8's in my gear, Offensive and Defensive. 120 crit and arpen for offense and 480 hp and 120 life steal for defense. Great combination. Sure, I have lower HP, but it's not really an issue for me. I survive much longer with this setup, than I did when I used to have 40k hp, and no lifesteal/crit.

And as for races, I don't know why you didn't bother to mention Dwarf. 20% resistance to repel and knockbacks, and 10% resistance to DoT. Resisting takedown/bull charge/frontline 20% of the time is huge, especially in a 1 v 1, and the DoT resistance makes me pretty much impossible for a Bilethorn rogue to kill.

This is my current gear setup, with the lifesteal set on, and no companion.
    Harry2.png

Hi there, was just wondering if perfect elven battle works fine now? I've read somewhere that it was broken last year sometime. Thanks! I'm currently trying to get perfect negation. But I think the elven battle might be a better choice.
    edited February 2014
    myth8892 wrote: »
    Screenshot of your boons would be nice if you would not mind updating the first page...
    Would be interested in what you actually took and for the reason, I know some are self explanitory but some choices like crit over power or vice versa and for what reason...

Thanks Very Much

ah right, the boons! good thinking. hehe i would like to see your boons too :)
    edited February 2014
    geelaw wrote: »
    what do you think about plague fire instead of vorpal?

Hi geelaw :) I replied to your inbox about PF versus Vorp but heres a summary for others who might be interested.

PF stacks well with student of the sword as youre keeping your targets defense steadily debufed for yourself and your team. I believe with the coming mod that as regen will be nerfed, people will build more defensively - reducing this will obviously lead to better dps output given that crit severity will be reduced substantially due to the new tenacity stat.

For now - vorpal is king.

For Mod 3 - I'll update this guide accordingly :)

PS. Soulforged wins hands down for me, although negation is something I wouldnt be exactly annoyed about having :) It would have to be perfect negation however due to the 20% proc chance. Any less renders it far less effective at saving you than soulforged.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Krass Mustang - GF
  • wedigarwedigar Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Hi there, was just wondering if perfect elven battle works fine now? I've read somewhere that it was broken last year sometime. Thanks! I'm currently trying to get perfect negation. But I think the elven battle might be a better choice.

Yeah, I find it works quite well. And it's a full time effect, not a rare, once every 90 second one like Soulforge, or 60 seconds like Negation. Seeing quite a few gwf's running it now. Effective against cws and hrs :)
    edited February 2014
    was todays patch mod3? or whens that coming out
  • ripyourlipsoffripyourlipsoff Member Posts: 1,552 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Nice... I'll probably just roll a GWf like everyone else since my GF is useless!
    Shieldbash 60 GF ~ Iron Vanguard 19.0k
    Overpowered 60 CW ~ Thaumaturge 14.5k
    ==========================================

~ GF Buffs were great we are much better, please fix the bugs now... Thank you!
    edited February 2014
    im stuck between a couple boons.. 250 deflect or 250 crit after the update it might be different now? and 250 life steal or 250 regen? : )
    edited February 2014
    im stuck between a couple boons.. 250 deflect or 250 crit after the update it might be different now? and 250 life steal or 250 regen? : )

Depends on your current stats on each of those categories. I find stacking one stat above others doesn't seem to be that great, so generally it's best to put the boon into whatever needs it the most, to get a nice balance.