What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Winter Festival Feedback/Thoughts

Comments

• Options
    zdaddyozdaddyo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 73
    edited January 2014
    I've got a regular 50% mount and I've certainly won my share of events, though if I'm up against a decent 110% mount I'll usually get silver.

It is the nature of the monster hunt that long ranged aoe players will dominate. Unfortunately it is horribly bugged by seismic shot.

I was hoping for double lights, but double event simrils helps. Silver now gives you more than gold did before. You should easily be able to get 150 simrils per hour which means about 21 hours of work for the fawn which is 3.5 hours a day if you don't already have any simrils. NP! :)
  • Options
    solokittensolokitten Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I really like the snowy setting and the icy slipperiness.

- Run contest is fun but quickly looses attraction.

- Monsters on ice is fun and big enough but ranger bug destroys the fun.

- Fishing contest, well... what can I say. It's a total bore :P BUT we want those items so we're fishing.
    I don't really mind the bore but to a certain extend. You have to work for the items and the rewards tast sweet but it's just all too much. The constant F pressing is a a pain and the skeletons are annoying at best.

Fishing grounds need to be WAY bigger, at least 5 times. Players should feel like they're in some desolate place. Not just for flavor but also to stop the crazy puddle jumpers messing with "your" spot. Plenty of instances is good but still to small of an area.

Skeletons also need to go far away, only low levels find them a challenge and higher levels find them simply annoying. Fishing can just be fishing. It's tedious and that's already enough to deal with. There really doesn't need to be a skelly popping up.
    Instead of random skellies, make it an encounter of a group of undead or whatever that players need to kill together. Of course related to player amount and not too difficult for the newbs. They could drop something as well, so people actually WANT them to pop up. This would eliminate the boredom by a big amount.

Pressing F for every catch seriously has to go. Lot's of players are using macros anyway and those who don't are already disgusted by it after a hour. This is my experience as well until I started macro-ing after a few days.
    Many players start socializing on chat, but the F press per catch seriously interferes and makes the boredom greatly annoying. One press per light spawn is more than enough. This also eliminates the problem of people standing on your spot interfering with the F press.

Change the fish barrels for a person next to campfires who're spread out on the ice.

Sorry for my uneducated English. I'm of fishing !
  • Options
    rollingonitrollingonit Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    As stated before by CMs we are the vocal minority, expect nothing to get changed from our posts. Not even sure why anyone even attempts to get them change anything. The minimization that the CMs have reduced our posts and requests for changes to, further proves this forum is just a rant outlet; not entirely sure why it exists for any reason but that.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!
    We can pretend.
    Fox Stevenson - Sandblast
    Oh Wonder - Without You

Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
    - Dylan Thomas
  • Options
    solokittensolokitten Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    As stated before by CMs we are the vocal minority, expect nothing to get changed from our posts.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Cryptic asked for feedback on the festival, so that's what I'm doing
  • Options
    rollingonitrollingonit Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Talking big picture Blanch, you must be new here welcome :)
    We can pretend.
    Fox Stevenson - Sandblast
    Oh Wonder - Without You

Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
    - Dylan Thomas
  • Options
    stopicanhitustopicanhitu Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    so lets do some math
    to get a fawn plus a weapon skin...3200+1700==4900 lights

no if you are just starting with the "bonus" if you finish last in each event 18 lights x 3==54 lights per hour
    if you do the 2 quests....20 lights per day so 4900/54= 91 hours for 2 items......6 days left 6*24 = 144 hours
  • Options
    abell39abell39 Member Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Well I'm happy that light rewards are doubled, but not so much that they're doubled only for the contests, which are going to be harder for me to do more of now that I'm back at work (starting today of course) after the holidays. Somehow I'll get that fawn, I guess....
    Kerensa Loreweaver, level 60 DC | Rilla Turtledove, level 60 CW | Calvin Meriwether, level 60 TR
    Kaylee Krankenwagen, level 60 GF | Tavandruil Wayfinder, level 49 GWF | Aldith Langley, level 51 HR
  • Options
    dadapawadadapawa Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Well I'm happy that light rewards are doubled, but not so much that they're doubled only for the contests, which are going to be harder for me to do more of now that I'm back at work (starting today of course) after the holidays. Somehow I'll get that fawn, I guess....

But at the same time...
    -2x the reward of contest and of quest (10light from quest is simply a pure joke... thats still 6days x 10 x 2(quest) = 120 light from the dailys up until event end (wich is 60 more than we would have before the zenith... meh...)
    -Right now, all the instance have over 30 ppl in them (while there use to be 5-10 ppl in the lowest pop one. Might just be bad timing or ppl rushing due to zenith) so while It was kinda easyer to get in top 3 before (less ppl = less ppl... xD) and gain 15-45light, now there is full participation, and it isnt that easy to be in the top 10 (since over 25-30 ppl figth for the contest). Meaning that, for me, its a big +3 light sometimes.... and a big loss of 27 light most of the time.

For me, overall, the winterfest became an even bigger grindfest.... -_-
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    dadapawa wrote: »
    -Right now, all the instance have over 30 ppl in them (while there use to be 5-10 ppl in the lowest pop one. Might just be bad timing or ppl rushing due to zenith)

Because the servers were restarted, which wipes all the instances so new ones are created as they fill up but none have been around long enough to empty out.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    ejames127ejames127 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    To me the doubling feels more like a slap in the face.

They didn't double the turn in for the fish, just the contest rewards which means more people doing contests which is I guess what they want, but that still leaves you needing an absurd amount of time spent to get one fawn, which is after all a GREEN pet, not even blue or purple.

They did not as I see add any use for the extra emblems and rings you get for doing the events, why didn't they add a way to turn those in for lights?

They made it easier to get mimics, if you have trem bars, but those were easy to get anyways.
  • Options
    xxmantaraxxxxmantaraxx Member Posts: 362 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I'm still wondering what the 50+ shields and 60+ light rings are for. I kept doing events thinking that they were going to add more crafting stuff at zenith and I'm a little disappointed there isn't more stuff. I was sure that the rings and shields were going to be for making event clothing. Also was hoping for more cooking type stuff like summer event. Loved the buff food, I spent a ton of time farming to make food for all my characters. Was really hoping for a snow ball gag too like the water baloons.

Ara Atheanes GWF
    Traxus Atheanes GF
    Bastiel Atheanes DC
    Ellara Atheanes CW
    Keira Atheanes TR
    Sarasin Atheanes SW
    Jerkface McGee HR
    -MANTARA- OP

• Options
    ministerofchangeministerofchange Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Time to retract one of my earlier complaints:

Set to go live tonite after maintenance

Players may now redeem a Star of Fortune for a Shower of Lights, worth 220 Lights of Simril, at the Light of Simril vendor in Twilight Tor.

I am now satiated - YAY WINTER FESTIVAL!
  • Options
    fusshupefusshupe Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    When I saw the part about stars crossed out in the news post, I was about to start a lengthy rant that would have probably gotten me into trouble with the mods.
    But this is actually better than the first option, I like it.
  • Options
    dracoprimusdracoprimus Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I've been playing the winter festival quite a bit lately, a couple of hours a day for the last week or two. And, while I'll probably STILL try to get the fawn companion, I'm feeling burnt out on it, and will most likely need a break from the game for quite a bit.

Just saying, for future events. You want to find the balance of make the reward worth the grind, but, not so much grind that players burn out and leave. I'm saying this is hitting my limit of fun.
  • Options
    beszamelkabeszamelka Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Just wanted one mimic and one sled for my character... "However, that feature is not working correctly".

This event really sucks for players that don't have time to grind all day or don't invest a bunch of $$$. Oh well... To be honest that much of commitment to get green stuff it's not worth it. I liked the halloween event and last call-to-arms more :/ They were a lot more fun than fishing all day :)
  • Options
    m0nstrzm0nstrz Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    beszamelka wrote: »
    Just wanted one mimic and one sled for my character... "However, that feature is not working correctly".

This event really sucks for players that don't have time to grind all day or don't invest a bunch of $$$. Oh well... To be honest that much of commitment to get green stuff it's not worth it. I liked the halloween event and last call-to-arms more :/ They were a lot more fun than fishing all day :)

Me too I feel kind of disappointed was hoping to get both the sled and the mimic, I've been on everyday since the event started... I feel very let down.
  • Options
    bdragonbbdragonb Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 103 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2014
    s4I5J.jpg

Seriously?
  • Options
    dysillusiondysillusion Banned Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    yea gg cryptic you've just about convinced me to stop spending on your game if you care so little about the quality of the game/customer care.

why would a christmas event, the most charitable of all holidays, force you to grind endlessly to get some 'uncommon' but still very weak rewards? even then, the endless grinding will only net you half the possible rewards. you almost made the zenith useful with the stars for lights trade-off, but you don't provide enough stars to make it really a viable option, and apparently have decided that fixing things like the stars we get per day is not important.

get your priorities right, games are meant for fun, don't force people to grind for ****ty rewards.
  • Options
    trapublicantrapublican Member Posts: 206 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2014
    you almost made the zenith useful with the stars for lights trade-off, but you don't provide enough stars to make it really a viable option, and apparently have decided that fixing things like the stars we get per day is not important.

They don't care about fixing it since it won't make them money. Look at their "fix" for when the companion sale ended early, they offered things to people if they threw more money at them.
  • Options
    fusshupefusshupe Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Scratch what I wrote yesterday, I thought we could give away lights and get stars for that.
    Cryptic, or PWE, I don't care, your change is horrible, even more horrible than your communication skills.
  • Options
    cpendletcpendlet Member Posts: 42
    edited January 2014
    Has anyone figured out how to do this yet?
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited January 2014
    cpendlet wrote: »
    Winter event and getting multiple stars a day

Has anyone figured out how to do this yet?
    . . .Right now, you don't. There was an issue with it so they disabled it. You can buy Stars from Tarmalune Trade Bars though.
  • Options
    zdaddyozdaddyo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 73
    edited January 2014
    It won't. With stars tradable for 220 lights and the ability to buy stars with tarmalune bars, if you have been grabbing stars each day it shouldn't be difficult to get both the mimic and the fawn.
  • Options
    kap273kap273 Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    zdaddyo wrote: »
    It won't. With stars tradable for 220 lights and the ability to buy stars with tarmalune bars, if you have been grabbing stars each day it shouldn't be difficult to get both the mimic and the fawn.

All I saw at the vendor was that you could get 220 lights for one star, not the other way around. Was I looking in the wrong place?
  • Options
    dyonivandyonivan Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    The tarmalune bar vendor in Protector's Enclave has Stars of Fortune available for 45 bars.
  • Options
    vrtesseractvrtesseract Member Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Suggestions for next year:
    • 1. Craftable or buyable Winter fashion items. and /or make the scarf show up on a fashion outfit IF the visuals are enabled.
      id love to see earmuffs...fuzzy tunics, furrlined boots over warm looking pants. Furry mittens.
    • 2. maybe in the height add a search the skys craft for extra stars have it be like 18 hours and cost circles and shields which have no use after craft is at level 3.
    • 3. at level 2 open a mass refine light pods 6 hours refines 20 pods.... at level 3 open a mass refine light motes. and make the crafts take longer across the board 5-10 min for refines 15-30 min for fishing ect 2 minutes refining can make it hard to do...other things if your a bit ocd.
    • 4. Maybe have a way to convert the light clusters/shields/circles into lights of simiril like say a lighted box that spits out 50-200 lights at random. might give crafting a bit more of a high end...point. no offence but a few consumables and items that wont be usable after event makes the whole crafting thing seem...meh.
    • 5. gift wrapped mimic ... nuff said

Here are things I did like:
    • 1. Sword Coast adventures winter event was completely full of win!
    • 2. I loved the purses you could fish up it makes me want fishing all year round
    • 3. I loved the fact so many of the items were BOE and NOT BOP this will give people reasons to sell zen for ad and balance the economy. plus for those of us who were without net over the holidays it makes it possible to get a mimic/fawn.
  • Options
    ladymythosladymythos Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 637 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2014
    My suggestions for next year:

1. Make it fun. Shouldn't be that hard to do, in theory. Snowball-fight PvP? Skiing? Ice skates?

2. Give us seasonal cosmetic clothes, and make them limited based on area. So if you wear a t-shirt and bermuda shorts, don't go to Icepeak. (trust me, people WILL go there in speedos if you allow it.)

3. Make it fun.

4. Let us buy unique stuff WITHOUT bothering with unique, extremely limited currency. That's just ridiculous. Make it AD, for all I care. But I'm not sitting several hours a day during a holiday when I have plenty of other stuff to do, just to get another scarf that isn't even cosmetic.

5. And did I mention make it fun? How hard can that be? I got bored of both this and the last seasonal event after less than ten minutes. In fact, I barely even gave this one a try.