test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Winter Festival Feedback/Thoughts

Comments

• charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    hiddenfate wrote: »
    It has ranged AI but melee level restoration. We need a companion AI update that includes commands (Come to me, Hold your ground, Keep your distance, etc.)

I wouldn't argue with any of that being added. However these threads usually degenerate into put it back to melee ai so it stays closer and I think the ranged ai was a drastic improvement.
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    The solution is obvious.

Eat your fawn, then the monsters cant have any.
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I named mine "Venison".
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    LOL

Well, at least this makes Fawn the best tank/agrro taking companion ahah
  • radiick507radiick507 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    bioshrike wrote: »
    I named mine "Venison".

HAHA! My granddaughter asked why I did not name mine Bamby???? I said you got to be kidding, this is not "Hello Kitty online" so I settled for Chloepoo (her name is Chloe) and the poo after the bear...she seemed happy with that choice.......Thank goodness only the owner of the pet can see the name unless another player inspects it??? LOL!
  • tharkantharkan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    What is this "Blue Upgrade Package"?
  • onyxheart1onyxheart1 Member Posts: 381 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    tharkan wrote: »
    What is this "Blue Upgrade Package"?

that would be using Astral Diamonds to upgrade the companion from green to blue
    KDF for Life! <3 Romulan at Heart <3 Fed cause they made me ~ :P
  • bdragonbbdragonb Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 103 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2014
    It means that I wont use my 5 surplus stars from my 5 alts to boost my main after buying the mimics? 1100 lights totally wasted?:mad:

Is becaming better and better.
    zebular wrote: »
    . . .Just to note, this is a Bug that the Devs are aware of. As well, you'll sometimes automatically open more than one for I have boughten three at once before and the first two were automatically opened for me while the third was placed in my inventory.
  • lecampionlecampion Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Dudes... could someone please help me?! Just want to know if i buy a festival item (a weapon) and use it to change my weapon aparence... will the festival weapon destroy? Or it ll be forever? (can i change weapon aparence many times, or the item ll be destroyed?)

thanks!
  • jorifice1jorifice1 Member Posts: 1,042 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    The Weapon is consumed. You only get the one change. However, you can use the now Changed Weapon to give that look to another Weapon. Of course THAT Weapon will be consumed as well.

'Wen considered the nature of time and understood that the universe is, instant by instant, recreated anew. Therefore, he understood, there is in truth no past, only a memory of the past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. Therefore, he said, the only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.' Terry Pratchet The Thief Of Time
  • themagicbum87themagicbum87 Member Posts: 75
    edited January 2014
    What is the chance [Shower of Lights] purchasing will be fixed before the event ends?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ordensmarschallordensmarschall Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,060 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2014
    Once you use a transmute on a weapon it is gone. If you later transmute the appearance to something else you will not be able to go back to the Winterfestival appearance unless you have saved a transmute. The appearance change will last beyond the end of the festival.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2014
    jorifice1 wrote: »
    The Weapon is consumed. You only get the one change. However, you can use the now Changed Weapon to give that look to another Weapon. Of course THAT Weapon will be consumed as well.
    Once you use a transmute on a weapon it is gone. If you later transmute the appearance to something else you will not be able to go back to the Winterfestival appearance unless you have saved a transmute. The appearance change will last beyond the end of the festival.

so, let me show if i understand:

i have a ITEM A and ITEM B.
    I transmute ITEM A on ITEM B.... ITEM A gone (disapear) and ITEM B now have the aparence ITEM A.
    Now i have a better item, called ITEM C... i can transmute ITEM B (have the aparence of item A) on ITEM C.

The result: ITEM C has now the aparence of ITEM A?

Do i understand correct?
  • jorifice1jorifice1 Member Posts: 1,042 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    lecampion wrote: »
    so, let me show if i understand:

i have a ITEM A and ITEM B.
    I transmute ITEM A on ITEM B.... ITEM A gone (disapear) and ITEM B now have the aparence ITEM A.
    Now i have a better item, called ITEM C... i can transmute ITEM B (have the aparence of item A) on ITEM C.

The result: ITEM C has now the aparence of ITEM A?

Do i understand correct?
    Yup. Just keep in mind that ITEMS A and B are gone now.
    Unless they have changed the rules since the last time I've Transmuted something, and I don't recall seeing anything mentioned about it.

'Wen considered the nature of time and understood that the universe is, instant by instant, recreated anew. Therefore, he understood, there is in truth no past, only a memory of the past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. Therefore, he said, the only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.' Terry Pratchet The Thief Of Time
    edited January 2014
    jorifice1 wrote: »
    Yup. Just keep in mind that ITEMS A and B are gone now.
    Unless they have changed the rules since the last time I've Transmuted something, and I don't recall seeing anything mentioned about it.

Understand! Thanks sir, u help me a lot!

One last question: i read the fisrt transmute is free (festival weapon aparence on another ugly weapon)...
    Ok, if i do that (first transmute) for free, the second one ll be free or paid?

Example:
    Festival Weapon on Weapon "A" = free
    Weapon "A" Transmuted on Weapon "B" = free or paid?
  • leatherannlaceleatherannlace Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0
    edited January 2014
    I personally don't like how they handled the purchasing of Winter equip/companions.
    Like many people mentioned, I feel like the price was too high or the worth of lights from fish were too low to purchase the fawn/mount. Now, it's relatively easier given the Shower of Lights and the bonus from events.
    But, overall I think it was all over the place. I enjoyed the 'festivities' though. I love the Twilight Run. I could do without Monsters in Ice.

If I had to rate the event as a whole I'd give it an 8/10. I'm looking forward to the summer one, for I was not playing when they did the summer event last time. :)
  • anatas07anatas07 Member Posts: 164 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2014
    I'm enjoying very much EVERY single fest (summer was excellent) and I'm looking forward for a spring festival too !
    If you see this and have the answer - PM me or answer real quick because this post will be removed
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    anatas07 wrote: »
    I'm enjoying very much EVERY single fest (summer was excellent) and I'm looking forward for a spring festival too !

i doubt we will get a dedicated spring festival. In the same way, we didn't get one for fall. They might end up rolling something up into another holiday. Like they did for Halloween, as a quasi fall festival.

Perhaps they might do something in February for Valentines. And roll it up into a short, spring type Sunite event.
  • abell39abell39 Member Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    lecampion wrote: »
    Understand! Thanks sir, u help me a lot!

One last question: i read the fisrt transmute is free (festival weapon aparence on another ugly weapon)...
    Ok, if i do that (first transmute) for free, the second one ll be free or paid?

Example:
    Festival Weapon on Weapon "A" = free
    Weapon "A" Transmuted on Weapon "B" = free or paid?

Weapon A transmuted on Weapon B is paid. The first transmute is free, but all transmutes after that are paid.
    Kerensa Loreweaver, level 60 DC | Rilla Turtledove, level 60 CW | Calvin Meriwether, level 60 TR
    Kaylee Krankenwagen, level 60 GF | Tavandruil Wayfinder, level 49 GWF | Aldith Langley, level 51 HR
  • ordensmarschallordensmarschall Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,060 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2014
    abell39 wrote: »
    Weapon A transmuted on Weapon B is paid. The first transmute is free, but all transmutes after that are paid.
    Not necessarily, Festival Weapons, CTA weapons and some weapons purchased at the Seven Suns Coster Market are always free to transmute. Weapons purchased from the Auction House, found as loot in dungeons, or purchased from the Seal vendors will cost you, usually 51.000AD or more. The weapon description will tell you if it is a free transmute, be sure to read that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • petrungspetrungs Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Would be good to have some use for Ring of lights and Winterkill emblem except upgrading profession once.
    I upgraded profession and since then... they are just ... useless :( And there are more and more of them.
  • stercogburnstercogburn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 214 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2014
    Best event Cryptic have done to date. Summer Harvest was very dull and Halloween was just dreadful. This however is good fun. The tasks don't take too long so aren't onerous. The setting is absolutely great - well done the art team.

First time out on the ice I could not stop laughing at all the players and mobs sliding around.

I've got the Frost Mimic and its very funny as it waddles along dropping coins and stuff. Again, great job by the artist(s) who animated it.

The Fawn is actually pretty decent. It avoids getting hit most of the time so usually around long enough to be some use, though where it drops its healing circle appears to be pretty random.

This is the only event Cryptic have done to date where I'll actually be sorry to see it over. I hope that the other events they've done so far will be revised and brought up to par with this, rather than just been trundled out at yearly intervals.

Best Mimic name yet I've seen is from one of my guildmates who called his "Press F To Open".
    Roo. Cleric. Mad as a bag of badgers, will heal for beer.

Ancient Shadows: Mature. Sensible. Custard.
    Recruitment info at: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?462591-Ancient-Shadows-Become-a-Lion-Tamer-without-learning-Chartered-Accountancy-first!&highlight=ancient+shadows
  • paixerpaixer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Hi,

since we're almost at the end of the Simril festival, I'd like to ask about the leftover Stars we'll have after the Sled or the Mimic.

- with Zenith arrived the Shower of lights. It'd be a great way to convert the remaining Stars into lights and giving it to my character with the most lights (the same helped me in the summer festival to purchase one more Pig), but it seems bugged. Could you please tell us, whether it will be fixed or not? (you can put it in the other thread if that's more suitable: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?572171-Shower-of-Lights-Automatically-open-upon-purchase-amp-Receiving-incorrect-amount)

- but maybe we don't even have to convert the leftover Stars, and can use them as a headstart in the next Simril festival... because there's no timer on them (like it was on the summer festival). Question, will the remaining/unspent Stars disappear after the festival is over, or we can keep them in the wallet until next year?

- non-festival-related bonus question, as it was written in the State of the Game letter of Andy, "After the massive amounts of feedback that we received here, we decided to remove the AD cost of refinement." When will that change goes into the live servers? :) (if it has already just I missed it, then skip this last one, I haven't left Twilight Tor since the event started)

Thanks in advance, I'll head back to the frozen lake for some more fish...
  • fondlezfondlez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    paixer wrote: »
    - non-festival-related bonus question, as it was written in the State of the Game letter of Andy, "After the massive amounts of feedback that we received here, we decided to remove the AD cost of refinement." When will that change goes into the live servers? :) (if it has already just I missed it, then skip this last one, I haven't left Twilight Tor since the event started)

There were additional substantial AD costs to the Refinement system prior to Shadowmantle before they were removed.
  • hiddenfatehiddenfate Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    fondlez wrote: »
    There were additional substantial AD costs to the Refinement system prior to Shadowmantle before they were removed.

From the quote the dev specifically said "remove" not "reduce" the AD cost of refinement.
  • fondlezfondlez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    From the quote the dev specifically said "remove" not "reduce" the AD cost of refinement.

I do not understand, what is your point?

Apart from indirect costs, like costs of RP, reagents and wards which may or may not be paid for using AD, what actual AD do you pay during Refinement and what relevance does that have to the dev's point which was specifically to do with the added AD costs during Shadowmantle Preview?

There is no ambiguity as to what costs and when he is referring to if you read the sentence before it in the statement:
    The biggest change that occurred between Preview time and Live time for Shadowmantle came from the Refinement System. After the massive amounts of feedback that we received here, we decided to remove the AD cost of refinement.
  • paixerpaixer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    fondlez wrote: »

I do not understand, what is your point?

Maybe I'm wrong but I also thought remove like hiddenfate, after reading the letter...

Before Shadowmantle you could refine (I know it wasn't called refining :) ) everything for free, or you could drop in some wards if you felt it's better for the chances.

After Shadowmantle went live, refining became a massive AD sink with mandatory Potencies. It generated lots of feedbacks, at least 2 threads (one of them was linked in the State of the Game letter as well), and some discussions.

Then came the letter with the sentence, they will remove the AD cost of refinement. It seemed obvious that it's ment the 25k and 100k mandatory marks... but maybe not.
    I'm just curious, that's why I asked :)
  • dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    paixer wrote: »
    Maybe I'm wrong but I also thought remove like hiddenfate, after reading the letter...

Before Shadowmantle you could refine (I know it wasn't called refining :) ) everything for free, or you could drop in some wards if you felt it's better for the chances.

After Shadowmantle went live, refining became a massive AD sink with mandatory Potencies. It generated lots of feedbacks, at least 2 threads (one of them was linked in the State of the Game letter as well), and some discussions.

Then came the letter with the sentence, they will remove the AD cost of refinement. It seemed obvious that it's ment the 25k and 100k mandatory marks... but maybe not.
    I'm just curious, that's why I asked :)

It is taking about the AD cost of the refining system that existed when module 2 first went up on the preview server. You were required to pay AD to upgrade an enchantment. They removed that part so you can upgrade for free since you can get all the reagents are drops.
  • lionelcharronlionelcharron Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    - with Zenith arrived the Shower of lights. It'd be a great way to convert the remaining Stars into lights and giving it to my character with the most lights (the same helped me in the summer festival to purchase one more Pig), but it seems bugged. Could you please tell us, whether it will be fixed or not? (you can put it in the other thread if that's more suitable: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/sho...correct-amount)

There is a recent post (today or yesterday?) that says the trade of shower of light is actualy a "bug" and we shouldnt be able to do so (they are supose to automaticly open :P) so if they fix something, it will be the opening of ALL the shower when bought ;)

has for the stars for next year... I have no idea, and probably nobody does (even if it would be possible next year, dosnt mean they wont change it in-between holidays) so I wouldnt count on that just to be certain! ;)
  • ixotlixotl Member Posts: 310 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I've been wondering about these and what to do with them. After using a few for the two level up options for Simril Crafting I don't see *any other use* for them. And since they are marked as cannot sell AND cannot discard, how can I get rid of them? :(

I don't wish to carry these objects to the next seasonal event nor have I the bag space for these (useless?) objects anyway.

I suspect I'm not the only one. Anyone else?