test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[Feedback/Requests] Disable Visual option for shirt, pants, and more!

Comments

• Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I'd throw my hat in the ring for more disable-visuals options as well. Although in most cases I appreciate full-coverage, the effect of some gear is completely spoiled by the shirt.

Also, underwear should have a colour palette. That we don't have to pay to use if we change our clothes.

It would be cool if we could select the shirt & pants slot itself, and apply dye to the underwear - the courtesan outfit is skimpy enough that this shouldn't be that much of an issue...
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I'd love to be able to make a Conan like character. with underwear, belt, boots, gloves and a big axe/sword
    But boxer underwear don't work too good with that look, they need to be briefs XD
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • Options
    osiabunnyosiabunny Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    reiwulf wrote: »
    Well if you want to convince them to let women go barechested to battle, more power to you, I'm glad at lerast Neverwinter is one of the few games that female armor isn't ridicuously stripperific.

:O no. But options are never bad. Give us options. I find the lack of coverings in other games to be a problem to. These games are full worlds or should be with full armor options, to no armor. Wouldn't mind it if they added more then 1 type of weapon per class too.. Just take an example here, Great weapon fighters, they should have more then just a stupidly huge sword they should offer up Great axes, Trunk sized clubs :D correct me if I'm wrong here though. GWF's get to use more then just dumb swords that would be great :)

Didn't level my GWF past 9 when I first played this game, they sucked so badly :( So deleted it.
  • Options
    khimera906khimera906 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 898 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Actually, GWF have a lot of options when it comes to weapons. Even if you don't play a GWF you must have seen them in dungeons or running around in PE. Mine bashes mobs with a huge hammer, bur we have axes, spiked clubs and many kinds of swords at our disposal. When it comes to weapons, I guess we have pretty good variety. I am curious how the weapons from the Winter Festival are going to look like.
    I hate dancing with Lady Luck. She always steps on my toes.
  • Options
    gannicsgladiatorgannicsgladiator Member Posts: 413 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    i would like that. could make more a visual of gladiator like
    Dovahkiin Gannicus, GWF Sentinel- Enemy Team Guild
    Gannicus Destroyer, GWF Destroyer retired
    Kate Beckinsale NB DC, Link NB GF
    "There is only one way to be a champion..., Never ...ing lose"
  • Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    More choices are always better. I'm glad that my TR finally doesn't have stupid looking bare spots in her armor after buying a gemmed tunic this weekend. OTOH I wish I could disable the appearance of Thickgristle's Belt on my GWF and Cleric as it really looks out of place. While my first CW spent her entire time leveling up hating the bare midriff armor she had to wear until she got the Illithid Robes, my second one would look much better without shirt and pants in her Lolth armor. Except for the TR armor, I don't mind any of the various appearances and like to have the choice to pursue or avoid them.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    bendalekbendalek Member Posts: 1,983 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    This seems as good a place as any to ask ... Do ANY of the Armor Enchantments NOT have a visual effect???
    Tried the Briartwine, but it looks like someone puked peas all over my armor ... o.0 ... Soulforged gives that **** looking black mist carp, Barkshield gives, well Bark Shields, which is OK, if your going Forest Ranger, but ... I haven't tried any others.
    Is it finally a T5/U/T6 KDF Science Ship?
    tacofangs wrote: »
    Nope, just a McKrenim Happy Meal toy.
    IMPERIAL AUSMONAUTS - STO Klingon & Rom-Klink Fleet.

My%20STO%20Sig%20Clear_zpsb3deonfo.png
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    bendalek wrote: »
    This seems as good a place as any to ask ... Do ANY of the Armor Enchantments NOT have a visual effect???
    Tried the Briartwine, but it looks like someone puked peas all over my armor ... o.0 ... Soulforged gives that **** looking black mist carp, Barkshield gives, well Bark Shields, which is OK, if your going Forest Ranger, but ... I haven't tried any others.

All weapon and armour enchantments have visuals. (Disco Inferno Silverjon 4ever)
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    cenobite451cenobite451 Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 87
    edited December 2013
    Hey, yeah. That'd be a good one to add - "disable enchantment visuals".
  • Options
    indolo238indolo238 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 51
    edited December 2013
    Yes, please let us disable appearance on shirt/pants. Lots of armor sets have their appearance compromised by the requisite shirt/pants underneath. The system is already in place, so it looks like it should be rather simple to add the option to other slots.

Also agree it'd be nice to be able to have enchant effects disabled outside of combat/pvp. The effects could look cool popping on as your character goes into combat mode. However, that change probably requires a bit more resources to pull off.
  • Options
    dxrebeldxrebel Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    i agree , bring this thread up hahaha
  • Options
    chthonicmythoschthonicmythos Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0
    edited December 2013
    I was thinking about this with my cleric the other day. Cleric armors have really cool cutouts and key holes (for fem models at least) that don't do anything because you are looking just more chainmail underneath. What's the point of having these cool layers to the armor if you can't tell they are there when you are running around?
    Please let us disable shirts/pants.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    My cleric's shirt and pants are dyed pink to provide contrast for that exact reason.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    ladymythosladymythos Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 637 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    If we're really going to talk disabing visuals, here's a thought for you: In ancient times, some women cut off a breast to make it easier to use a bow. That's something I'd like to see in NW. Either that, or less supermodels. NW takes place in what we call the medieval times, and back then, you could forget about hospitals and all that. If you got a cut, you got a scar. If you even survived, that is. So why does everyone look like supermodels? Where are the short people? Chubby people? Non-"perfect" people?
  • Options
    reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Neverwinter has a wide variety of faces, from good looking to old and rugged, and with the sliders you can vary faces a lot so it's definitely NOT like everybody is a supermodel.
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited December 2013
    . . . . . I also would love to be able to disable enchantment visuals specifically as well. We pay a lot of money for our appearance on our gear, yet our weapon and armor enchantments sometimes over-shadow these appearances with unwanted visual effects. However, I do believe that this would need to be automatically disabled when entering a PvP Instance.

So Cryptic, please add the following options for our appearance of our worn gear:
    • Disable Visuals on all Head, Chest, Arms, Legs, Rings, Necks (some still are unable to be disabled), Weapons, and Off-Hands.
      • Weapons and Off-Hands would still be visible while in combat.
      • The "Disable Visuals" would be disabled while in a PvP Instance.
    • Disable Enchantment Effects on Weapons and Chest items.
      • The "Disable Enchantment Effects" would be disabled while in a PvP Instance.
  • Options
    kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    ladymythos wrote: »
    So why does everyone look like supermodels? Where are the short people? Chubby people? Non-"perfect" people?

They don't. Play the game and you'll see. The fact that people often choose "pretty" models doesn't mean that they're all that is available.
  • Options
    osiabunnyosiabunny Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    If we're really going to talk disabing visuals, here's a thought for you: In ancient times, some women cut off a breast to make it easier to use a bow. That's something I'd like to see in NW. Either that, or less supermodels. NW takes place in what we call the medieval times, and back then, you could forget about hospitals and all that. If you got a cut, you got a scar. If you even survived, that is. So why does everyone look like supermodels? Where are the short people? Chubby people? Non-"perfect" people?

And magic and elves and dwarfs, and dragons, and undead were all back in the medieval as well? LOL You can not bring reality to a fantasy game. We don't need hospitals in this world because of Clerical healing. Clerics are your doctors. Not sure about 4th edition but I do remember potions back in the day that would boost your attractiveness, so yes if such a potion was out there everyone could look like a supermodel :P

However I support one boobed models, options are never bad as long as it's a choice and not forced upon the player.
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited December 2013
    . . . . . . Hmm... strange. My human female guardian has quite the healthy curves to her... Sure, my drow cleric is quite skimpy and "model-like" but that's just because that is the way she looked in my PnP Campaign. My halfling is quite short, even for a halfling. My Half-Orc is a bit chubby, as are my dwarves. My wizard is gangly and super skinny, befitting an old man. I suppose you're just not looking hard enough for I see quite the diversity in not only my characters but my entire guild that I run with and the rest of the game.
  • Options
    sirglenosirgleno Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 75
    edited December 2013
    I hate the look of my new DC shirt/pants - can barely see my necklace, since the new shirt is essentially a turtleneck (at least the necklace is on top though). Also, and what really bugs me, is that I dyed both shirt/pants with matching dye kits (moon shadow or something like that), and they don't match! I would like to see that fixed, but I'd be disabling visuals on them if I had the option, so that would solve the problem too.

Hell, I'd buy a "clear" dye kit (e.g. I'd pay a little to disable visuals) if I had to, as long as it was priced similar to existing dye kits. I would complain about it though, since I do agree that the armor appears intended to be shown without clothes underneath - and I'd rather spend my zen elsewhere.

Also, while I'm asking for stuff, how about making trade bars and companions Account Bound. Until the companion bonuses, I was happily playing several characters - now I can't see playing more than one since I can only afford to build one good companion collection.
    Dystopia - Impact Cleric
    Nyx - Divine Cleric
    Medusa - Brush Wizard
    Spinnerella - Combat Wizard

Don't forget to update the Wiki!
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    reiwulf wrote: »
    Neverwinter has a wide variety of faces, from good looking to old and rugged, and with the sliders you can vary faces a lot so it's definitely NOT like everybody is a supermodel.

You can't really make a convincing fat character though.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    ladymythosladymythos Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 637 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    osiabunny wrote: »
    And magic and elves and dwarfs, and dragons, and undead were all back in the medieval as well? LOL
    Read the rest of the post too, genius. :p I never said NW was like reality, that was just an example.
    zebular wrote: »
    . . . . . . Hmm... strange. My human female guardian has quite the healthy curves to her... Sure, my drow cleric is quite skimpy and "model-like" but that's just because that is the way she looked in my PnP Campaign. My halfling is quite short, even for a halfling. My Half-Orc is a bit chubby, as are my dwarves. My wizard is gangly and super skinny, befitting an old man. I suppose you're just not looking hard enough for I see quite the diversity in not only my characters but my entire guild that I run with and the rest of the game.
    Yes, the female guardian has curves. All of them do. But when was the last time you saw a five-foot human? Or an eight-foot human? ;) That's what I'm talking about. Of course there are *some* variations, but not nearly enough. Of course I understand a lot of this has to do with the models (preventing glitches etc), but I do wish we could get a bit more variation. We can scale the arms, legs and all that, but it doesn't really do much. If you take one with the stats maxed and one with the stats at the lowest, they will still be somewhat the same height. In reality, one person can reach up to the other person's chest. Or even lower, in some cases. That's what I would love to see in a game some day. But again, I know it won't happen, due to all the extra work. It would just be a lot of work for very little reward.
  • Options
    bendalekbendalek Member Posts: 1,983 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    For the life of me I cant fathom WHY there is no disable visuals option on enchants at least ... I mean the Art Team at Cryptic (being generous) obviously spend a lot of time and effort to create nice looking weapons and armors, only to have all their work plastered over with white/yellow or black or candy cane puke colours? You might as well just have a generic, roughly hourglass shaped blob as the armor.
    Is it finally a T5/U/T6 KDF Science Ship?
    tacofangs wrote: »
    Nope, just a McKrenim Happy Meal toy.
    IMPERIAL AUSMONAUTS - STO Klingon & Rom-Klink Fleet.

My%20STO%20Sig%20Clear_zpsb3deonfo.png
  • Options
    khimera906khimera906 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 898 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Actually, the enchantment's visuals are not so bad for the lower levels, at least in my opinion.
    I hate dancing with Lady Luck. She always steps on my toes.
  • Options
    cenobite451cenobite451 Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 87
    edited December 2013
    In ancient times, some women cut off a breast to make it easier to use a bow.

No. No they didn't. I'm sick and tired of seeing this absurd rumor floating around. There are no contemporary sources that suggest this. Seriously. I defy you to find even one. (The closest I know of is Hippocrates, and by the time he came along the Amazons were already quasi-mythological. And he never claimed there was any cutting involved in any case.)

Besides which - even if the subject survived a mastectomy with iron age medicine (and that's a **** big "if"), the scar tissue would be at least as restrictive when drawing a bow as the breast was to begin with. Binding would be a far more effective solution. Not to mention a hell of a lot saner.

Ahem.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled thread.
  • Options
    skiptisskiptis Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    +1 for disable visual option for shirt and pants, some of them look awful and just ruin the excellent visuals of many armour sets / pieces.
    bendalek wrote: »
    For the life of me I cant fathom WHY there is no disable visuals option on enchants at least ... I mean the Art Team at Cryptic (being generous) obviously spend a lot of time and effort to create nice looking weapons and armors, only to have all their work plastered over with white/yellow or black or candy cane puke colours? You might as well just have a generic, roughly hourglass shaped blob as the armor.

Also this. I cringe at the thought of ruining my armour's looks with a garish, low resolution super sparkle overlay texture. Weapons aren't as big a deal for me personally, but if you're adding in the one you might as well add in the other. More options is rarely bad.
  • Options
    vorphiedvorphied Member Posts: 1,870 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    No. No they didn't. I'm sick and tired of seeing this absurd rumor floating around. There are no contemporary sources that suggest this. Seriously. I defy you to find even one. (The closest I know of is Hippocrates, and by the time he came along the Amazons were already quasi-mythological. And he never claimed there was any cutting involved in any case.)

Besides which - even if the subject survived a mastectomy with iron age medicine (and that's a **** big "if"), the scar tissue would be at least as restrictive when drawing a bow as the breast was to begin with. Binding would be a far more effective solution. Not to mention a hell of a lot saner.

Ahem.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled thread.

Iron Age Mastectomy. Sounds like an edgy rockband.

Binding does sound like it would be the more reasonable option. Couldn't resist commenting because it was such a bizarre tangent.
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

• Options
    elementalistgaiaelementalistgaia Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    vorphied wrote: »
    Iron Age Mastectomy. Sounds like an edgy rockband.

Binding does sound like it would be the more reasonable option. Couldn't resist commenting because it was such a bizarre tangent.

Actually thinking about it history has a habit of taking second hand accounts and exaggerating them, things such as the idea that perhaps the unicorn comes from some someone describing a rhino, mermaids from manatees, and centaur from seeing a horseman back before domesticated horsed were widespread and so on, so perhaps someone did see some warrior women with bound <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> and eventually as the description was passed on from person to person the story became that the breast was fully removed rather than just tied down.
  • Options
    supergalingsupergaling Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    vote +1 some armors are better looking with some skin showing.
    rate my foundry Silent Hill: Neverwinter/NW-DN5473FET
  • Options
    umaekoumaeko Member Posts: 845 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I'd like to lend my voice to disabling the visuals for shirts, pants...

...and more importantly, Weapon and Armor Enchants. Vorpal enchants are going to make me blind. Help! T_T