test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[Feedback/Requests] Disable Visual option for shirt, pants, and more!

shadedwraithshadedwraith Member Posts: 32 Arc User
edited January 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
I noticed some of the armor pieces in the game seems like they are meant to show some skin, but it doesn't happen if you want to get stats from the shirts and pants. Maybe add in a disable visual option for those that want to get the stats and keep the armor where it shows a bit of skin?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    ibaffoibaffo Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    +1 for me lol
  • Options
    zanthesninjazanthesninja Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    there shud be a disable visual option for any piece of gear so you can get that unique look you want! what youd be cool is to be able to transmute gear to fashion items. Would love to wear my balor lord mask with my normal gear set
  • Options
    reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Vite +1 for disable visuals for shirt and pants and even better to be able to hide any piece of equipment.
    This can't be too hard to do.
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • Options
    cenobite451cenobite451 Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 87
    edited December 2013
    +1 for disabling shirts and pants. -1 for everything else (apart from what we've got already). Streakers are just annoying...
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    +1 for disabling shirts and pants. -1 for everything else (apart from what we've got already). Streakers are just annoying...

You can already streak with zero impact on your character. Adding more options to hide gear wont do one single thing to change that. In fact, it has potential to reduce it. Simply by offering options between the two current extremes.
  • Options
    cenobite451cenobite451 Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 87
    edited December 2013
    Sure, you can (in town at least), but I see no reason to enable it.

I think the idea that it could actually reduce streaking, though, is more than a little... let's go with "optimistic".
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Sure, you can (in town at least), but I see no reason to enable it.

Its not restricted to just PE. You just need to use the appearance tab, with nothing equipped in it. You will loose no stats, you can use it in any zone and in combat, even PVP. There is no restriction to it, zero, nada. No down side what so ever.

How exactly is having additional options any worse then this?
  • Options
    rhoricrhoric Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Some of us want to show off our cool armours but don't want to see the shirts and pants as some are not that appealing.
  • Options
    nwntalonnwntalon Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I'm guessing cenobite doesn't understand how the fashion tab works. Anyone can run around in their undergarments any time with zero impact on their survival due to accessibility of the fashion tab. As sockmunkey stated, allowing us to choose what is visible and not would mean less streakers due to the flexibility of our gear appearance. I hated having my cleric in ugly peasant clothes early on, but it was either that or the ugly gear they start with. My wife chose to have her characters streak until they had decent gear.

I would prefer to have just the shirt and pants visible than wear peasant garb.
    Kildrak Gemviper - 60 GF
    Void Reaper - 60 CW
    Eliza Trickfoot - 60 TR
    Scarlet Maiden - 60 DC
    Timmy Orc-Bane - 60 GWF
    Ranger Jo - 20 HR
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    nwntalon wrote: »
    I'm guessing cenobite doesn't understand how the fashion tab works.

Er... yes, that is indeed correct. My bad. I guess I just assumed it worked like it did in GW2 (the second-most recent MMO I've played, and probably best - until that black November 14th...). :p

Having been so edified, I withdraw my previous argument. While I still seriously doubt it could possibly decrease the incidence of streaking, I suppose it's very unlikely to hurt.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    SOme of us would love to go barechested to battle in a more barbarian approach, why remove the possibility?
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    There are definitely several armor sets that would look better without the chain/cloth under-layer. I would also like to see some different appearances offered for shirts and pants - like maybe an undershirt that is actually made of little metal scales, or something with a fancy pattern/embroidery on it as well...
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    osiabunnyosiabunny Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    reiwulf wrote: »
    SOme of us would love to go barechested to battle in a more barbarian approach, why remove the possibility?
    Equal opportunity if I can't go barechested, you can't either >:P
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Well if you want to convince them to let women go barechested to battle, more power to you, I'm glad at lerast Neverwinter is one of the few games that female armor isn't ridicuously stripperific.
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • Options
    ladymythosladymythos Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 637 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    Heavy armor boots, heavy armor pants, heavy armor gloves, heavy armor helmet and bare chest? No thanks. Sure you can streak all you want with the very limited cosmetic tab, but I like how limited it is. It's either full streak or no streak. There are already plenty of ways to get around the shirt/pants issue, but I really don't see why anyone would want to.

Can someone please link to a full set of armor where the shirt and pants get in the way, and the same set of armor with the shirt and pants removed? That way we can all see how much/small a deal this is we're talking about.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    There is a ton of primal gear that drops in Vellosk and Skyhold that looks seriously out of place over chain mail. A lot of the unique Drow gear from Rothe Valley and Whispering Caverns also has similar problems.

Put simply, the original shirt/pants options work well with standard gear. Not so well with the unique or themed drops. The problem is, its really hard to stand apart and be unique in the standard stuff. While at the same time, the more unique or exotic stuff tends to mesh poorly with the default stuff that still has to be used.
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    While the chain shirt below is fitting as armor, I think it also looks good w/o it:

WITH the chain shirt:
    taliana5.jpg

WithOUT the chain shirt:
    taliana4-1.jpg
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    ladymythosladymythos Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 637 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    Hm... While it looks good in pictures like this, I don't think it will show much in the game. My vote is let the devs bother with it if they find spare time, but I prefer if they focus on more important stuff, like bug fixing, bringing my cookies and giving us new content. ;)
  • Options
    manplowmanplow Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    ladymythos wrote: »
    Can someone please link to a full set of armor where the shirt and pants get in the way, and the same set of armor with the shirt and pants removed? That way we can all see how much/small a deal this is we're talking about.

All of the models for epic sets in the collections panel are without shirts and pants, and they make the sets look so darn great.

But then when you're finally done struggling to complete a set, nope, you don't look like that.
    Warrior Nation. Always recruiting. Check us out.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Like a snow plow, but for people.
  • Options
    khimera906khimera906 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 898 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I find it funny that we have to bring this up on a weekly basis, when we have armors in game that were clearly intended to be worn without the shirt and pants. Did they make the armors and then had a change of heart?
    bioshrike wrote: »
    I would also like to see some different appearances offered for shirts and pants - like maybe an undershirt that is actually made of little metal scales, or something with a fancy pattern/embroidery on it as well...
    Maybe you know this, but they added new professional tasks for different types of pants and shirts. The leather ones look pretty good imo, but I haven't tried the scale ones.
    I hate dancing with Lady Luck. She always steps on my toes.
  • Options
    abell39abell39 Member Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    khimera906 wrote: »
    I find it funny that we have to bring this up on a weekly basis, when we have armors in game that were clearly intended to be worn without the shirt and pants. Did they make the armors and then had a change of heart?

Maybe you know this, but they added new professional tasks for different types of pants and shirts. The leather ones look pretty good imo, but I haven't tried the scale ones.

If the scales look the same as the chains (which is likely), they're slightly underwhelming. The collar comes all the way up to the chin/scalp and looks wrong unless you wear a helm with it. There are leather accents which are a nice touch -- they're covered up with my DC's armor, but I'm sure you can see them better with GWF armor over them.
    Kerensa Loreweaver, level 60 DC | Rilla Turtledove, level 60 CW | Calvin Meriwether, level 60 TR
    Kaylee Krankenwagen, level 60 GF | Tavandruil Wayfinder, level 49 GWF | Aldith Langley, level 51 HR
  • Options
    stabbathstabbath Member Posts: 350 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I always runaround as naked as I can get.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    I know this is a bit off topic but aside for the different looks the trousers and gambesons offers an alternative for stats customization. The old ones (for the GWF) give power/crit. strike/defense and the new give armor pen./defense/deflection. A welcomed addition I think.
  • Options
    bendalekbendalek Member Posts: 1,983 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    reiwulf wrote: »
    Well if you want to convince them to let women go barechested to battle, more power to you, I'm glad at lerast Neverwinter is one of the few games that female armor isn't ridicuously stripperific.

Are you not aware that for 12<->14 y/o boys, having the option of a "Chain Mail Bikini" is a requirement of fantasy games?.
    I'm sure it's even a rule ... "A female character in any fantasy game, must, at least for 75% of that games duration, be harf nekkid'"
    Is it finally a T5/U/T6 KDF Science Ship?
    tacofangs wrote: »
    Nope, just a McKrenim Happy Meal toy.
    IMPERIAL AUSMONAUTS - STO Klingon & Rom-Klink Fleet.

My%20STO%20Sig%20Clear_zpsb3deonfo.png
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    ladymythos wrote: »
    Hm... While it looks good in pictures like this, I don't think it will show much in the game. My vote is let the devs bother with it if they find spare time, but I prefer if they focus on more important stuff, like bug fixing, bringing my cookies and giving us new content. ;)
    come on, just because it's not important to you, it doesn't mean it's not important to others, there are many people in game that care a lot about how do they chars LOOK.
    To me it's as important as fixing other bugs, if I don't like how my char looks then I won't play the game, so let the people who care about stuff like this voice their opinion too.
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • Options
    abell39abell39 Member Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    khimera906 wrote: »
    I know this is a bit off topic but aside for the different looks the trousers and gambesons offers an alternative for stats customization. The old ones (for the GWF) give power/crit. strike/defense and the new give armor pen./defense/deflection. A welcomed addition I think.

YES. My DC hates how her gambeson looks, but loves that it gives crit since she's trying to stack that stat. I'm happy about this as well.
    Kerensa Loreweaver, level 60 DC | Rilla Turtledove, level 60 CW | Calvin Meriwether, level 60 TR
    Kaylee Krankenwagen, level 60 GF | Tavandruil Wayfinder, level 49 GWF | Aldith Langley, level 51 HR
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited December 2013
    We should be able to disable visuals on any piece of gear, especially shirts and pants!
  • Options
    reagenlionel1reagenlionel1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    zebular wrote: »
    We should be able to disable visuals on any piece of gear, especially shirts and pants!

This. I've been asking this from the start.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    This. I've been asking this from the start.
    You and pretty much the rest of the forum. lol
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I'd throw my hat in the ring for more disable-visuals options as well. Although in most cases I appreciate full-coverage, the effect of some gear is completely spoiled by the shirt.

Also, underwear should have a colour palette. That we don't have to pay to use if we change our clothes.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia