Install Arc
Options

Rangers way imbalanced

124»

Comments

• Options
    woriraworira Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Yes, there's a reason they said "Without rooting". And Sprint is faster than Marauder's Escape and goes further, while Threatening Rush can easily keep a GWF glued to you despite shifting.
  • Options
    masterjewstarmasterjewstar Member Posts: 563
    edited January 2014
    valdred123 wrote: »
    Meh, occasionally I run into problems with Rangers who have +HP and who know their contingency rotations, but then they struggle when I spam punishing charge + Threatening rush to get back to them (and sprint here and there). If I land my CC its usually a guaranteed win from there. Also, I'm more of a destroyer build, but with Vanguard path and some defense focus.

I love it when you rangers want to play in melee, to try and finish me off or something.... its like you care about me :P

Lol, I'd love to see my nature ranger and shadows combat hr fight your gwf don't worry I won't attack at all I'll just buff and then you can go back to the campsite because your high spike damage will now be high kitten damage for us both; your charges/prones don't scare me. :cool: Think about what you hit a combat hr then cut it in half, if they deflect cut it in half again. I don't even have to be fighting to buff I can be almost all the way across the arena if I can see em they are buffed. Go ahead I'll wait.

Lol, and punishing charge??? That move already hits like kittens you're gonna need IBS or a daily to even dent.

Add in a cleric and forget about it. Add two clerics 1 on each side and my team will likely win because me and the cleric are boosting our mitigation defense and T.hp far past unstoppable and one astral shield/divine shield.

And if I do attack your in for it even worse, because I prone and stun reduce DR and heavy root from range too and I have just as much arpen as any other HR.

Even if they make it so unstoppable breaks roots I'll still be able to do it because I'm not an archer and it won't trigger it meaning when you get to range of root pull back I can knock you down where will your unstoppable be then? Especially if shadow ended up using rush too that is a chain prone a gwf weakness incase you forgot.

Try and jump on me go ahead I'm still mitigated, still healing, and still able to use forest meditation.
    Once I get my set armor pieces I'll be increasing attack strength when I buff too.

So go on keep boasting about your 100lb vorpal sword we can use vorpal too. Rude awakening inbound.
  • Options
    proqludumproqludum Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 83
    edited January 2014
    trith1128 wrote: »
    Do you know how many times I kite GWF around in pvp ?? It literally gets to the point where they sprint away from me to get on a horse because they literally just cannot get to me..

Marauders Escape is fantastic.... and as soon as they turn to run. You flip to melee + Marauders dash to them, then melee hindering slash.. to root them. Toss in a melee aimed strike to get them bleeding. Blink back or Marauders escape back if its up.. then continue to Hindering shot / constricting / into an AimShot if your far enough away...

The ONLY class I ever have issues with is CW's and that's ONLY if they can get their control off on me first... ( this is where slotting disrupting shot is your friend )

If you check the new test server patch you'll see that our roots will be fixed, they will no longer ignore control immunity.
    To be honest, I'm not sure how to win against GWF as a ranged spec now. I guess I'll stay melee in PvP for now.
  • Options
    ximaeximae Member Posts: 534 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2014
    aw.... i dont pvp much, so i really liked to be able to root bosses :(
  • Options
    despidespi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 49
    edited January 2014
    Im lvl 30 ranger and im hatting wizzard because i can squat vs their crowd control. Yeah i have lvl 3 meditation but what the point getting crowd control buff when you cant move?Control wizard gone to that point they constatly stun dissable, so i cant do anything.One more thing Aim shot soo long im usually getting hit and channeling resets.
  • Options
    obsidiancran3obsidiancran3 Member Posts: 1,823 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    At level 30 Constricting is your friend, as is closing to melee and using your dodges to avoid their big spells (which they really don't have at level 30).

It gets easier when you can combine Constricting with Disrupting and have access to Fox's as well.
    Obsidian Moonlight - Paladin
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
    A whole lot of other Obsidian toons as well.
  • Options
    daimyo3daimyo3 Member Posts: 49
    edited January 2014
    Lol, I'd love to see my nature ranger and shadows combat hr fight [...]

Add in a cleric and forget about it.

Yeah, I suppose that a 3 v 1 battle it's quite easy to win.
    LOL.
  • Options
    zargorius666zargorius666 Member Posts: 118 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2014
    Having a 1vs1 pvp duel system would probably shut down much trash talk...
  • Options
    tickdofftickdoff Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Having a 1vs1 pvp duel system would probably shut down much trash talk...

And lead to so much more.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    daimyo3 wrote: »
    Yeah, I suppose that a 3 v 1 battle it's quite easy to win.
    LOL.

If you read I said I wouldn't need to attack and if theres a cleric on his team too it would be 2 v 3. which is why I added it.

And I don't need to be that close to buff so its not even that = 2v2 anyhow I was just using synergy to explain my benefit to team is all might have sounded boastful; but you gotta talk boastful to boastful people because its the only language they understand.

And besides that I trust that shadow knows what he's doing in a 1v1 situation I would just make him stronger and most GWF believe they are ultimate just because of their increase in defenses I can give those too.
  • Options
    shadow5930shadow5930 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 502 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2014
    Not having to switch to range for the buff? saves me time so I can set up the aimed shot. I like it! XD

It'd be a 1v1 with extra buffs, is all. So semi 2v1. However, most 'counter gwf' require 2 to push them off anyways, so that's pretty standard. It'd be interesting to see how it went down, to be sure. I think I'd probably still fail due to only being 10.7K GS. :)
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Yeah, but I got a feeling that would be the only real reason.