Install Arc
Options

My feedback about the new Refining system

124»

Comments

• Options
    kozi001kozi001 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 876 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Btw good to know after putting hundreds of enchantment to my vorpal that you have to ability to refine something however when its in slot you waste half of RP on it if its not in your bag...

I dont know if there is more surprises for me in the RP system...
  • Options
    pers3phonepers3phone Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    kozi001 wrote: »
    Btw good to know after putting hundreds of enchantment to my vorpal that you have to ability to refine something however when its in slot you waste half of RP on it if its not in your bag...

You sure about this? You get more RP if the enchant is not slotted? For each and every enchant/runestone type?
  • Options
    morsitansmorsitans Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,284 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    Mhm, what if you only want to upgrade a certain thing but you can't progress with that since you do not have the mark needed.

Well, the quick and easy answer would be...don't just upgrade one thing and one thing only. Between my slotted armour/weapon enchants, my companions, and the slotted enchants on my companion's gear, there's ALWAYS something that can take that "annoying R2 profane rune that you somehow pickup up" (it's always profanes, for some reason. I blame gremlins).

As for blue vs purple marks, yeah: I wouldn't worry too much about this, as it's clearly a problem and will likely get fixed.

Hopefully not by making purps rarer, but hey.

As for "stuff done to get your money"...well, yeah: that kinda IS the entire f2p model. You pay money to get stuff that either makes you look pretty (cosmetic) or saves you a ton of time. Pay for convenience. You COULD grind for hours and achieve the same goals (and indeed many do), but you could also bust out the credit card and get there immediately. Coalescent wards work very similarly: yes they DO drop from boxes, so you can obtain them for free (eventually) or you could buy them from the cash shop. This only seemed ok because the freebie drop rate was high enough that they were actually a load cheaper to buy for AD than zen. This may now change, since the freebies are bound.

The only thing really different about this new enchant system is that it's new.

Kozi001: could you explain your post a little more cohesively? I can't quite work out what you're saying.
  • Options
    kozi001kozi001 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 876 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Dunno about everything. Tried on fey Blessing with another Fey Blessing.

Fey Blessing in slot - another Fey Blessing: *1 12k RP
    Fey Blessing standalone - another Fey Blessing: *2 25k RP

Other works fine I guess its a rare bug/wai
  • Options
    terhikkiterhikki Member Posts: 72
    edited December 2013
    This <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> just eats my bank space. I try to put lower enchants to raise new ones, but each always demands this and that, which you can't really get hand on (except with AD).

Oh well this surely was just one way to get more Zen sold in this game.

The basic refining system is ok though, just the reagan thing is full <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.

Plus to this all, loads and loads of stuff that doesnt ever stack. AAAaand enchants/runestones partly refined, no stacking.

Utter :L
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    kozi001 wrote: »

This was posted in the known issues with the module patch,that items that had been slotted prior to the module would not receive their bonus RP. If you remove it and put it back once, it will work as intended thereafter.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    pers3phonepers3phone Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I leveled, in slot, my normal SF to greater and received bonus for all shards. Same for a few R7 radiants and darks, each benefited from bonus RP when I had matching mats.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I've had to pull and put back everything that was previously slotted in order to get bonus RP. If I start refining old enchants, they don't get the bonus. Easy enough to check by inititating refinement with matched stuff once to see if the interface grants the bonus or not, then backing out and reslotting it if necessary. Runes too, iirc.

I'm doing this a lot because even my characters with lousy gear are allowed to have nicer enchantments now.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    yokihiroyokihiro Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 510 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    After checking the refining a little deeper: The most annoying thing is that you still need proper high level enchants to upgrade as reagents. Instead of just throwing in enchants to level things up and at a certain point use marks for an upgrade you have to level a second, third... enchant in your bag because you will need this as a reagent during rank up. That bugs me the most. Why not just use ONE sort of mark in 4 different rarities and adapt the number of marks needed for a rank up? Then higher level enchants would use more of them and this would even out the time or money sink factor without being forced to level another enchant as reagent and without thinking about which mark you need for what.
  • Options
    morsitansmorsitans Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,284 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    terhikki wrote: »
    This <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> just eats my bank space. I try to put lower enchants to raise new ones, but each always demands this and that, which you can't really get hand on (except with AD).

Oh well this surely was just one way to get more Zen sold in this game.

The basic refining system is ok though, just the reagan thing is full <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.

Plus to this all, loads and loads of stuff that doesnt ever stack. AAAaand enchants/runestones partly refined, no stacking.

Utter :L

Don't level up lots of the same enchant, level up ONE lots of times. Don't level a 2 up to a 3 and then level up some more 2s to 3s to feed it. Just pick one, level it up, then feed it everything to level it up again. It's vastly easier, AND more efficient (you get more RP) this way. You don't need to level up R7s with R7s, you only need ONE for the final upgrade. You can feed a R7 on anything (it's a great dump for all those R2s you get from "fight off spellplagued" leadership quests). Basically you should only ever need to be upgrading two of the same enchant (in bag space) at any given time, max (and even then, only if it's above the level where you need another enchant for the upgrade step).
  • Options
    cbrowne0329cbrowne0329 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 293 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    yokihiro wrote: »
    The problem is not that you can't understand it, it is complex. That is a difference. You can give a 5 year old kid a jigsaw puzzle with 20 pieces or with 2000. I am sure it will understand that both are working all the same way, yet the one with 2000 pieces will be too complex.

Could you tell me from the top of your head what marks I would need to upgrade Valindra's Crown artifact from blue to purple? Can you tell me rightaway which mark you need for making something a lvl 9 enchant? I can't. I have to look those things up and I always have to look in my bag which combinations of marks I have with me and which is still missing and I have to look through my enchants on my items which is at what level and which is upgradable only to see that I am missing a blue mark while I already have purple marks stacking in my bag. Also I can't say how much refining points a level 6 enchant will put into the refining process. To make the best use out of the system I have to also check the colors, too, for the bonus when I put azure on azure (and thus not wasting refining points).

The system is complex. It needs a lot of thinking, remembering and trial and error. And this is NOT the main feature of this MMO. This is a game about dungeoneering. It is not a game focussed around refining enchantments. So enchanting should be kept simple. Simple does not mean easy to finish (no one says you should be fast in getting rank 10s), but easy means that it is a system that doesn't have a lot stuff build around them. Currently with have different enchants, different refinining points, matching bonusses, less refine points for higher enchants, additional armor/weapon enchants you need during upgrading, we have all sort of marks, we have 2 sorts of wards, we have different gauntlets for mini-dungeons to pull refining stuff out of coffers, we have critical success rates for refining, we have items than only give refining points, we can refine artifacts like we can do with enchants, marks drop in dungeons or in skill nodes, can be bought and so on...

This system is far from complex as as soon as you launch the refining system it TELLS you what is needed! I don't have to remember as it is plain to see.... Complex. Really!? Have you played complex systems like Oblivion or otherwise? I mean this system is FAR from complex. Not intuitive maybe... complex hardly.

Sorry if you can't do it... but my little cousin figured it out in minutes.