What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Trickster Rogue PvE Executioner Build.

12346»

Comments

• balufunkebalufunke Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 225 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Hello,

I have a question. How do I fight a boss who has an almost steady red circle around him?
    I have only a few seconds left within the ITC, it is impossible for me to fight such a boss without getting hit lots of time.
    Would be glad if someone could share his tactics and stragedies with me, thx.
  • robosoxrobosox Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    So with the IWD boons out, you guys think Rousing Warmth will trigger with life steal?
  • awnialightawnialight Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Amazing build! (Works well with PvP sometimes.)
    I guess if I had some PvP gear it would be better. :P
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=261633013
    Thanks for this amazing build. ^^
  • nathaniel886nathaniel886 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Hello, thanks for a great guide.
    I have decided to go with a human and I have a question about starting stats: I know it should be 16 STR and 16 DEX, but should I put +2 into STR or DEX?
    Would appreciate the answer :)
    Don't look at me like that! That thing made a move at me!
  • yoadoadyoadoad Member Posts: 182 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    This guide is very outdated. You can follow it and it will probably maximize your damage as a TR, but TR's are no longer main damage dealers in PvP.
    edited September 2014
    PVP or PvE?

I understand that it is outdated, but so are all the others PVE guides for TR that I could find. From what I have read I realise that TR is not even viable right now in PVE, but I don't care, at least for now since I am leveling and hopefully when I'm done they will fix it in the next module.

In any case though, the question about rolls still stands :)
  • azeryk1azeryk1 Member Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    PVP or PvE?

I understand that it is outdated, but so are all the others PVE guides for TR that I could find. From what I have read I realise that TR is not even viable right now in PVE, but I don't care, at least for now since I am leveling and hopefully when I'm done they will fix it in the next module.

In any case though, the question about rolls still stands :)

The problem is since TR became less popular for PvE as they became less useful - along with the announcement we're getting new feats in module 5 - there likely won't be many guilds written. Plus a lot of people are still getting the artifact weapons and belts so are still testing many different ways of doing things.

Any way, it depends a lot on build and playstyle, but we are viable, last two skirmish (shores) and dungeon (lostmauth) that I've done I finished top for damage against well geared warlocks, wizards and GWFs. Am not saying this happens all of the time, but we still have a place in the new content at least.
    edited September 2014
    I see, well thanks for answers guys. And just to be clear, the starting stats (and their later development) are strongly dependant on the particular spec? So it would be different for different setups?
  • naicalusnaicalus Member Posts: 645 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Honestly, if you haven't started one yet, I'd wait until we see at least the first round of changes. They might manage to make CHA actually worth taking somehow, or do something that suddenly makes STR the most important stat. It's not *likely*, granted, but you never know. Plus they no longer give out actual respecs, just feat resets, even if they screw with powers.

From what's been hinted at, we're getting a complete redo like HR did where our trees won't even look the same, so honestly... I'd wait so you're not having to completely relearn the class right after learning it.

I mean, I can tell you my exact build and gear and such that I do fairly well with, but in a month it might all be terrible.
    Largely inactive, playing Skyforge as Nai Calus.
    edited September 2014
    Sure, I get it, thanks again, appreciate it.
  • deathdiller1deathdiller1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    ximae wrote: »
    honestly u should only compare to other rogues if the weapon enchantment is at the same level as its the biggest factor to dps. I have met many rogues where i had way better overall stats (stone to non stone) and better weapon and they out dpsed me simply coz they had a better weapon enchant.... it was pretty ovious last night when we took in a rougue with planty rank 5 enchantns and a perfect vorpal.

is there any new pve tr build? coz there are a lot of changes and you cant really rely on stealth anymore. thank you
  • duhbreothadhduhbreothadh Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Pretty sure this: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?787471-preying-mantis-PVE-executioner-module-5-glass-cannon-build&highlight=mantis is the only close to up-to-date PVE guide around, it was done before mod 5 launch so there might have been some tweaks. I know the Shadow of Demise feat is changed/bugged.

I am also thinking of writing a PVE saboteur build guide, but you will have to be patient for that one, kind of short on time at the moment.
    Azran Graves, lvl 70 SW | Lochavar, CW | Cain, TR | Panthe, HR | Karis Copperleaf, DC
    Axios Guild Officer,